PDA

View Full Version : Put Pippen on Barkley's Suns, how many titles?

Akrazotile
08-25-2014, 01:42 AM
Assume you are removing him from the Bulls and adding him to the Suns

SamuraiSWISH
08-25-2014, 01:45 AM
C - Miller
PF - MVP CB34
SF - Pippen
SG - Majerle
PG - KJ

Bench:

Ainge
Chambers
Dumas

Why on earth wouldn't they win? Even without Pippen they were the most explosive offensive team in the league, and favorites to win the 1993 championship.

oarabbus
08-25-2014, 02:14 AM
0 titles.

ImKobe
08-25-2014, 02:18 AM
C - Miller
PF - MVP CB34
SF - Pippen
SG - Majerle
PG - KJ

Bench:

Ainge
Chambers
Dumas

Why on earth wouldn't they win? Even without Pippen they were the most explosive offensive team in the league, and favorites to win the 1993 championship.

What's the point of this thread.

"Put the best defensive wing of the 90s on the best offensive team in the league that took the Bulls to 6 games in the Finals"

No shit they win the title. You're taking the best wing defender, 20 ppg scorer, playmaker away from MJ and you're putting him on a Finals team without giving anything in return? :biggums:

They win 2 in a row at minimum with the Big 3 of Pippen-Barkley-KJ from 93-96 IMO.

Milbuck
08-25-2014, 02:27 AM
Of course they win it all..they were already a finals team...and now we're giving them a guy who was 1) a 6'8" point-forward who could not only score for himself, but also help feed Barkley and take ballhandling/playmaking pressure off KJ, and 2) a hyper athletic GOAT-level perimeter defender who could put the clamps on the vast majority of wings in the game?

robert_shaww
08-25-2014, 09:32 AM
they win in 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 and 98.

and in 99 they are in the west finals vs the spurs, not sure who wins.

then its all over from 2000....

Akrazotile
08-25-2014, 09:36 AM
But I thought the bulls always won bc of GOAT MJs inhuman competitiveness and desire for victory, his unparalelled determination to claw his team to the finish line and completely obliterate all competition in his way until he stood triumphantly on the mountain top with his arms raised in glory and yadda yadda yadda?

iamgine
08-25-2014, 09:39 AM
But I thought the bulls always won bc of GOAT MJs inhuman competitiveness and desire for victory, his unparalelled determination to claw his team to the finish line and completely obliterate all competition in his way until he stood triumphantly on the mountain top with his arms raised in glory and yadda yadda yadda?
That's only part of the reason, not the only reason.

AnaheimLakers24
08-25-2014, 09:44 AM
go get laid

Soundwave
08-25-2014, 09:48 AM
Seeing Barkley + Pippen together (with Hakeem on top of that) in 99 really didn't inspire much confidence, but I think they still win a couple.

In this scenario though IMO Jordan asks for trade out of Chicago and ends up in either LA or New York or leaves as free agent (his contract was up after his fifth season).

Lebronxrings
08-25-2014, 10:04 AM
2/5

andgar923
08-25-2014, 10:06 AM
How can they win if they won't even make the Finals?:confusedshrug:

Taller than CP3
08-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Umm yeah, how about no.

Pippen was a role player, Barkley was a superstar.

Winning with Pippen is like trying to win with Shawn Marion as your #1 guy, it's just not going to happen.

Soundwave
08-25-2014, 10:13 AM

As much as it gets your panties in a wad, that is a pretty huge part of the reason why they won so often. Winning titles isn't a glamorous thing, sure maybe the first one or two is fun, but it starts to get pretty f**king hard and ugly after that, something I'm guessing your under-18 self learned the hard way last June.

Beastmode88
08-25-2014, 10:25 AM
2/5

We're talking about replacing sir charles with pippen not Lebron.

Optimus Prime
08-25-2014, 10:27 AM
What is ZERO, Alex. I'll take "More Asinine Questions" for 400.

Rake2204
08-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Almost happened in '95: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLFqk2JZEhM

Akrazotile
08-25-2014, 11:44 AM
We're talking about replacing sir charles with pippen not Lebron.

No we're not. :facepalm You read the question wrong.

Stringer Bell
08-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Who are we replacing Pippen with on the Bulls?

moe94
08-27-2014, 12:38 PM
:oldlol:

97 bulls
08-27-2014, 12:52 PM
Two at the most. I just dont see Barkley having the drive and determination to win year after year.

bizil
08-27-2014, 11:05 PM
They would win multiple rings for sure and would have a great shot to be a dynasty! Plus defensively u could have Pip and Thunder Dan wreak havoc. And the bench would get stronger if u bring Dumas off the bench too. The one thing that Suns team was lacking was defensive presence. Pip's bringing that in spades, can be your second leading scorer, and fulfill PG and point forward duties allowing KJ to focus on scoring when its needed.

AirGauge23
08-27-2014, 11:21 PM
Seeing Barkley + Pippen together (with Hakeem on top of that) in 99 really didn't inspire much confidence, but I think they still win a couple.

In this scenario though IMO Jordan asks for trade out of Chicago and ends up in either LA or New York or leaves as free agent (his contract was up after his fifth season).

Jordan and Ewing :bowdown:

KOBE143
08-28-2014, 01:09 AM
Even without Barkley those Suns team with Pippen would still won multiple titles, I mean if you just replace Barkley with Pippen that team would still won 3 titles at worst.. Pippen >>> Barkley and its not even close but put them together = DYNASTY 10 titles at worst..