PDA

View Full Version : ShaqKobeLebronDirkGarnettNashKiddCP3StoudemireMelo DurantWadePaytonIversonDeronMarbury

ninephive
08-25-2014, 05:38 PM
...VCAllenHowardGasolAldridgeLilliardEtcEtcEtc

Players Duncan has taken out of the playoffs (the first 10 multiple times). Basically every great player of his generation.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

JT123
08-25-2014, 05:41 PM
Duncan hasn't taken anyone out of the playoffs in years. :facepalm
Those of us who know the game understand than Duncan is a ROLE PLAYER!
This is like Heat fans saying that Norris Cole has taken Kevin Durant and Russel Westbrook out of the playoffs. :lol :lol

zoom17
08-25-2014, 05:43 PM
Yep Duncan by himself:facepalm

ninephive
08-25-2014, 05:44 PM
This is like Heat fans saying that Norris Cole has taken Kevin Durant and Russel Westbrook out of the playoffs. :lol :lol
Norris Cole 2012 NBA Finals: 3.3/1.0/0.0
Tim Duncan 2014 NBA Finals: 15.4/10.0/2.0

You guys who "know the game" :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

SCdac
08-25-2014, 05:49 PM
Duncan is the man. Perennial MVP candidate in his prime. One of the best shot blockers and defenders of all time. Elite scorer. Great teammate. Aged well. Top 10 basketball player, ever.

It's true, plenty of player got knocked out of the playoffs because of him and his Spurs.

here he drops 37 points on Shaq's Lakers and grabs 16 rebounds. Lead the Spurs in assists the entire playoffs :bowdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR6AgYWdoBQ

mattvNJ
08-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Duncan is the man. Perennial MVP candidate in his prime. One of the best shot blockers and defenders of all time. Elite scorer. Great teammate. Aged well. Top 10 basketball player, ever.

It's true, plenty of player got knocked out of the playoffs because of him and his Spurs.

here he drops 37 points on Shaq's Lakers and grabs 16 rebounds. Lead the Spurs in assists the entire playoffs :bowdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR6AgYWdoBQ

agreed guy is timeless. even without being overstated on the court, his numbers, legacy, accolades all speak for themselves. Love his game. Cannot wait to see some mid range bank shots this season and classic timmy performances.

T_L_P
08-25-2014, 06:02 PM

So LeBron just lost to a team full of role players? Even with the GOAT/Second GOAT coach, that is straight up embarrassing. :roll:

Duncan won in the same conference as Shaq, Kobe, Dirk, Garnett, Nash, Amare, Pau, Glove, Ray Allen, etc.

LeBron won against Wade (who he'd collude with), Bosh (who he'd collude with), Garnett (in his prime for one year and LeBron didn't beat him), Pierce, Allen (see Wade+Bosh+Garnett), Paul George, Derrick Rose, and Gilbert Arenas.

:oldlol:

oarabbus
08-25-2014, 06:05 PM

Duncan: such a good role player he is a top 10 GOAT :bowdown: :applause: :bowdown: :applause:

JT123
08-25-2014, 06:10 PM
So LeBron just lost to a team full of role players? Even with the GOAT/Second GOAT coach, that is straight up embarrassing. :roll:

Duncan won in the same conference as Shaq, Kobe, Dirk, Garnett, Nash, Amare, Pau, Glove, Ray Allen, etc.

LeBron won against Wade (who he'd collude with), Bosh (who he'd collude with), Garnett (in his prime for one year and LeBron didn't beat him), Pierce, Allen (see Wade+Bosh+Garnett), Paul George, Derrick Rose, and Gilbert Arenas.

:oldlol:
The fact that the Spurs couldn't sweep an old over the hill Miami team is more embarrassing! :lol :lol :lol Especially one you consider that Lebron was literally the only player on the Heat that even showed up. :facepalm

T_L_P
08-25-2014, 06:11 PM
The fact that the Spurs couldn't sweep an old over the hill Miami team is more embarrassing! :lol :lol :lol Especially one you consider that Lebron was literally the only player on the Heat that even showed up. :facepalm

Sure, he showed up to the tune of letting a role player shoot 61% in his mug. :roll:

kennethgriffin
08-25-2014, 06:15 PM
...VCAllenHowardGasolAldridgeLilliardEtcEtcEtc

Players Duncan has taken out of the playoffs (the first 10 multiple times). Basically every great player of his generation.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
so? kobes taken duncan out of the playoffs 4 out of 6 times. 3 times without even having home court advantage

next

JT123
08-25-2014, 06:17 PM
Sure, he showed up to the tune of letting a role player shoot 61% in his mug. :roll:
Shows how much you know. The Heat don't guard teams with man to man defense, and Lebron is constantly having to help out teammates who can't stay in front of their man. When Lebron has to help, it leaves players like Leonard wide open. Leonard got lucky and hit a bunch of open jumpers, big deal. If Lebron was able to truly guard Leonard 1 vs 1 Leonard wouldn't have even averaged 10 ppg. :roll: :roll: :roll:

T_L_P
08-25-2014, 06:20 PM
so? kobes taken duncan out of the playoffs 4 out of 6 times. 3 times without even having home court advantage

next

And Steve Nash took Kobe out 2 of 3 times.

next

choppermagic
08-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Terrible way of putting it. Yeah, Kobe/Shaq/ even FIsher have taken Duncan out of the playoffs several times. What does that mean? This isn't the ancient times when the losers get sacrificed to the gods so you actually 'take them out' by beating them.

Duncan has played 17 seasons? That means he's been taken out 12 times?

navy
08-25-2014, 06:24 PM
Terrible way of putting it. Yeah, Kobe/Shaq/ even FIsher have taken Duncan out of the playoffs several times. What does that mean? This isn't the ancient times when the losers get sacrificed to the gods so you actually 'take them out' by beating them.

/thread

T_L_P
08-25-2014, 06:24 PM
Shows how much you know. The Heat don't guard teams with man to man defense, and Lebron is constantly having to help out teammates who can't stay in front of their man. When Lebron has to help, it leaves players like Leonard wide open. Leonard got lucky and hit a bunch of open jumpers, big deal. If Lebron was able to truly guard Leonard 1 vs 1 Leonard wouldn't have even averaged 10 ppg. :roll: :roll: :roll:

**** me you LeBron stans are pathetic.

Do you hold him accountable for anything? The entire Spurs team could have shot 60% and you would have said it's not LeBron fault because he had to cover everyone. :roll:

http://i.imgur.com/CPYEit4.jpg

JT123
08-25-2014, 06:31 PM
**** me you LeBron stans are pathetic.

Do you hold him accountable for anything? The entire Spurs team could have shot 60% and you would have said it's not LeBron fault because he had to cover everyone. :roll:

http://i.imgur.com/CPYEit4.jpg
So we gon act like Leonard wasn't getting solid contributions out of EVERY SINGLE ONE of his teammates? :biggums: Meanwhile, Lebron was riding solo and was basically the only player the Spurs even tried guarding, and he STILL outscored Leonard! :bowdown: :bowdown:
Unlike Duncan, Lebron can't get carried to easy rings by stacked teams! Lebron actually has to EARN his Championships. :facepalm

T_L_P
08-25-2014, 07:06 PM
So we gon act like Leonard wasn't getting solid contributions out of EVERY SINGLE ONE of his teammates? :biggums: Meanwhile, Lebron was riding solo and was basically the only player the Spurs even tried guarding, and he STILL outscored Leonard! :bowdown: :bowdown:
Unlike Duncan, Lebron can't get carried to easy rings by stacked teams! Lebron actually has to EARN his Championships. :facepalm

Duncan still earned twice as many rings as Bron, then?

JT123
08-25-2014, 07:12 PM
Duncan still earned twice as many rings as Bron, then?
Yes, with the GOAT coach and stacked teams his entire career.
This is why I can never truly respect players like Duncan and Kobe. They never had to start from the bottom or go through any real struggles. Duncan wins a ring in his second year, yet we are supposed to applaud him for never leaving? :roll: :roll: :roll:
If Lebron is drafted to an organization like the Spurs and has a coach like Pop his entire career, he wins more rings than Duncan. That is why you hate Lebron so much, because you know what I say is true.

T_L_P
08-25-2014, 07:22 PM
Yes, with the GOAT coach and stacked teams his entire career.
This is why I can never truly respect players like Duncan and Kobe. They never had to start from the bottom or go through any real struggles. Duncan wins a ring in his second year, yet we are supposed to applaud him for never leaving? :roll: :roll: :roll:
If Lebron is drafted to an organization like the Spurs and has a coach like Pop his entire career, he wins more rings than Duncan. That is why you hate Lebron so much, because you know what I say is true.

Couple things:

1. LeBron will probably end up ahead of Duncan when it's all said and done

2. Compared to the competition, which I outlined above and you conveniently skipped over, Duncan's 01-03 teams were about as bad as any of LeBron's. I could explain why, but people like you are so entrenched in your one-sided views that it'd be useless.

3. LeBron winning more than Duncan is purely hypothetical. Duncan's teams were grounded on slow offense and juggernaut defense. You think the Spurs win with Nazr and Oberto anchoring their D? :roll:

4. I do hate LeBron, but for good reason: his flopping, as a superstar, is bad for the game; he is smug, arrogant, slightly idiotic, and he makes poor decisions (the decision, "not one, not two", mocking Dirk, calling himself the DPOY, putting himself on NBA's Mt. Rushmore, etc). Only blind stans, like yourself, think LeBron hasn't done more than enough to make a bad name for himself. He doesn't go about doing things the right way.

That clear things up, little man?

kennethgriffin
08-25-2014, 07:27 PM
And Steve Nash took Kobe out 2 of 3 times.

next

except nash had home court and the better record. kobe took out duncan 3 of the 4 times with a worse record and spurs with homecourt advantage

:lol

again... next!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

T_L_P
08-25-2014, 07:30 PM
except nash had home court and the better record. kobe took out duncan 3 of the 4 times with a worse record and spurs with homecourt advantage

:lol

again... next!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Losing your second best player in consecutive years vs. home court advantage...hmmmm.

Now get the **** out of this thread with your Kobe talk. There's enough threads about him satisfy your needs. :facepalm

JT123
08-25-2014, 07:31 PM
I do hate LeBron, but for good reason: his flopping, as a superstar, is bad for the game; he is smug, arrogant, slightly idiotic, and he makes poor decisions (the decision, "not one, not two", mocking Dirk, calling himself the DPOY, putting himself on NBA's Mt. Rushmore, etc). Only blind stans, like yourself, think LeBron hasn't done more than enough to make a bad name for himself. He doesn't go about doing things the right way.

That clear things up, little man?
Minus the decision show that sounds like a perfect description of Michael Jordan. :confusedshrug:
But let me guess, you don't hate him. :facepalm
I guess Lebron should be more like Duncan, quiet and boring, while cheating on his wife with a man. :lol :lol

T_L_P
08-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Minus the decision show that sounds like a perfect description of Michael Jordan. :confusedshrug:
But let me guess, you don't hate him. :facepalm
I guess Lebron should be more like Duncan, quiet and boring, while cheating on his wife with a man. :lol :lol

I didn't watch Jordan, but he seems like a complete asshole.

And no, he doesn't have to be like Duncan. But maybe he shouldn't promise to win in Cleveland and leave. Maybe he shouldn't promise a plethora of championships to Miami and leave. Maybe he shouldn't call himself the DPOY when stats show he isn't. Maybe he should show the winner some respect by keeping his trap shut.

Also, the whole Duncan being gay thing is an obiter. It was brought up after concrete evidence was presented that his wife cheated on him as a way to win the case...which, of course, she didn't.

Still, it shows how silly you are. You've done nothing but post a bunch of gossip and hyperbole in this thread and you think you've proved something. You're just like LeBron in that sense: making empty claims.

Have a good day, straw man. :cheers:

dubeta
08-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Pop should have got Duncan's FMVPs, he made Duncan.

Heck Duncan is at the same range as Horry all time

Good player not great :no:

T_L_P
08-25-2014, 09:45 PM
Pop should have got Duncan's FMVPs, he made Duncan.

Heck Duncan is at the same range as Horry all time

Good player not great :no:

Sure he is. Probably why he was being called a superstar before he even met Pop. :roll:

Probably why the only time the Spurs lost in the first round during Duncan's prime was the one year he didn't play (injury).

And how can we forget PER, lebronxrings?

dubeta
08-25-2014, 09:46 PM
Sure he is. Probably why he was being called a superstar before he even met Pop. :roll:

Probably why the only time the Spurs lost in the first round during Duncan's prime was the one year he didn't play (injury).

And how can we forget PER, lebronxrings?

PER states lebron >>>> Duncan so what?

T_L_P
08-25-2014, 09:49 PM
PER states lebron >>>> Duncan so what?

And it also states Duncan is a great player.

I'm just pointing out the flaw in your system: I don't abide by it.

Worthless troll. Duncan beats LeBron in the Finals and now you hate him. Is there anything more pathetic than that, lebronxrings? You know from experience, after all.

dubeta
08-25-2014, 09:51 PM
And it also states Duncan is a great player.

I'm just pointing out the flaw in your system: I don't abide by it.

Worthless troll. Duncan beats LeBron in the Finals and now you hate him. Is there anything more pathetic than that, lebronxrings? You know from experience, after all.

I respect Duncan, but I dont see how him having a much superior team and coach than LeBron means anything?

Did Duncan ever win FMVP against LeBron?

Are you trying to suggest that Duncan > LeBron because he had a significantly better supporting cast?

Nowitness
08-25-2014, 09:52 PM
fcking :lol at this thread.

duncan is way ahead of lebitch. so is kobe, even though he is overrated too.

lebron had to team up with a finals mvp and franchise player. and a goat coach/puppet master in pat and he still shits the bed on the big stage. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

T_L_P
08-25-2014, 09:55 PM
I respect Duncan, but I dont see how him having a much superior team and coach than LeBron means anything?

Did Duncan ever win FMVP against LeBron?

Are you trying to suggest that Duncan > LeBron because he had a significantly better supporting cast?

Nope, I'm trying to suggest he's better because he won against significantly better competition.

LeBron's stats against 50 win teams make me laugh. Could you imagine what he'd have looked like trying to go up against Phil/Shaq/Kobe every year? :roll:

LeBron very well may end up ahead of Duncan. But you silly stans jump the gun. In no way, shape or form are his first 11-12 years worth more than Duncan's 17. In that span LeBron has two of the worst chokes ever and some domination in a scrubby conference. Duncan doesn't have those chokes and he dominated real teams: not the Arenas-less Wizards and TOSB Pistons.

dubeta
08-25-2014, 09:56 PM
Nope, I'm trying to suggest he's better because he won against significantly better competition.

LeBron's stats against 50 win teams make me laugh. Could you imagine what he'd have looked like trying to go up against Phil/Shaq/Kobe every year? :roll:

What was LeBrons supporting cast? Scrub wade and 12 ppg Bosh?

Sorry LeBron didnt have Manu to save his ass in 2005, Tony Parker in 2007, and Kawhi in 2014

Damn if that isnt being a role player then idk what is :confusedshrug:

T_L_P
08-25-2014, 09:59 PM
What was LeBrons supporting cast? Scrub wade and 12 ppg Bosh?

Sorry LeBron didnt have Manu to save his ass in 2005, Tony Parker in 2007, and Kawhi in 2014

Damn if that isnt being a role player then idk what is :confusedshrug:

Hah, as I thought: picking and choosing what to address.

Like the poster above said: Duncan won with a no-name coach and some Europeans. LeBron joined forces with a Finals MVP and a top 5 all-time coach, in the weakest conference in league history, and he still can't win more than half his Finals. Maybe Wade and Bosh sucked so bad, because...well, LeBron doesn't really make teammates better. He turned a potential Finals MVP to a role player in a few months just because he couldn't adapt his game. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

JT123
08-25-2014, 10:00 PM
fcking :lol at this thread.

duncan is way ahead of lebitch. so is kobe, even though he is overrated too.

lebron had to team up with a finals mvp and franchise player. and a goat coach/puppet master in pat and he still shits the bed on the big stage. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Only one shitting the bed on the big stage was Dirk in 2007. :oldlol:
The MVP losing to an 8th seed?! :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Dirk brought shame upon the NBA's most prestigious award, as well as the entire city of Dallas. Don't know how anyone with any self respect can root for that choker to be honest.

JT123
08-25-2014, 10:04 PM
Hah, as I thought: picking and choosing what to address.

Like the poster above said: Duncan won with a no-name coach and some Europeans. LeBron joined forces with a Finals MVP and a top 5 all-time coach, in the weakest conference in league history, and he still can't win more than half his Finals. Maybe Wade and Bosh sucked so bad, because...well, LeBron doesn't really make teammates better. He turned a potential Finals MVP to a role player in a few months just because he couldn't adapt his game. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Now you are claiming that Riley coached the Heat? :roll: :roll: :roll:
The desperation of Duncan stans is reaching new heights! :facepalm
Riley isn't even that good of a GM, which was proven this summer by his inability to improve any of the Heat's weaknesses. :sleeping

Lebronxrings
08-25-2014, 10:22 PM
*Pop

ninephive
08-25-2014, 11:21 PM

The point of this thread is to show that Duncan took out basically EVERY single great player of his generation in the playoffs. In other words, there was never anyone he couldn't beat. And as we've seen, the best players he beat multiple times for good measure. I understand he doesn't have a winning record against every opponent ever. No one in NBA history does (possibly the Russell squad...not sure). But what Duncan has done is something that almost no other player can say they did...beat every star of their generation in the playoffs.

ninephive
08-25-2014, 11:32 PM
Lol, sorry we lost ONE game by 2 points. Sorry it was only the most lopsided point differential in NBA Finals history. How many times do we have to sweep Lebron in the Finals for you to think what we did was acceptable?

Hey, you do realize Lebron has NEVER lost a playoff series in less than 6 games right? Oh, except against the Spurs...TWICE.

Thanks for the trolling though.

Big#50
08-26-2014, 01:21 AM
Duncan fans are so easy to troll.

Duncan is the best player since Jordan. He is the second greatest player ever. Period.
Dude gets shit because he isn't prime at age 37. LOL
15/10 and superb defense in the paint during the finals. Still the best player on his team. After 17 seasons he is still the best player on the team. LOL Just awesome.

Droid101
08-26-2014, 01:38 AM
TLP is worse than MooseJuiceBowen. Terrible poster.

Nowitness
08-26-2014, 08:41 AM
TLP is worse than MooseJuiceBowen. Terrible poster.

hes been smashing lebrick stans in this thread, why is that4 terrible??

Beastmode88
08-26-2014, 10:03 AM
Why do people even try to debate vs Dubeta/JT/Lebronxrings. Idiots are on a whole new level when it comes to trolling. Theyre like silktheshook but worse. This forum is all they have in life and when theyre banned theyre still reading/attempting to post. :sleeping