PDA

View Full Version : [Retro] Jordan gets blocked by high schooler; calls phantom fouls

oarabbus
08-25-2014, 07:34 PM
"You can tell he got pretty upset after that and he called some fouls right after that that weren't [fouls]"

:lol This **** is pretty funny. And before the trolling starts, no this does not diminish Jordan as GOAT in any way. It's funny though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3ABqr6BjR4&feature=youtu.be

DonDadda59
08-25-2014, 07:42 PM
Nike didn't have its tape confiscation service yet? :confusedshrug:

Rake2204
08-25-2014, 08:11 PM
What year is this from? It appears to be mid-90's-ish. If so, he was looking pretty spry on that lob. I liked it.

Lebronxrings
08-25-2014, 08:22 PM
wait bbbut i thought lebron was the one that was a crybaby and wanted all the calls?

-mj stan

oarabbus
08-25-2014, 08:24 PM
wait bbbut i thought lebron was the one that was a crybaby and wanted all the calls?

-mj stan

Yeah, compared to Jordan, LeBron is a huge ****ing crybaby when it comes to calls. Jordan is a huge, immature a$$hole, but he is mentally tough and not a crybaby. These are both well known what was your point?

To4
08-25-2014, 08:26 PM
What about a Kid dunking on Lebron and having the tape confiscated?? hahah

Hey Yo
08-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Yeah, compared to Jordan, LeBron is a huge ****ing crybaby when it comes to calls. Jordan is a huge, immature a$$hole, but he is mentally tough and not a crybaby. These are both well known what was your point?
"Mr. Stern, Detroit isn't playing basketball. They're trying to hurt me!"

Mr. Stern before the next season "there is a new rule called the flagrant foul rule"

jzek
08-25-2014, 08:31 PM
You forgot to mention Jordan proceeded to score 38 against the kid the rest of the night.

Prometheus
08-25-2014, 08:32 PM
:lol

This shouldn't really be a knock on Jordan though; it's just how it is.

When you're much more experienced at something, there's a lot of pressure on you to dominate - it can be stressful when you're actually challenged by someone who is truly your inferior.

I was teaching submissions to a friend of mine a few years back, and I got a little over-confident - he caught me being lazy and threw an arm bar on me... I went to stack and messed up my grip; since he was new to it he didn't realize how little effort it takes to **** somebodies arm up and he threw it WAY too hard. I was too proud to tap right away and ended up tearing a few tendons in my elbow. Walked around with a sling for the next few weeks.

Random_Guy
08-25-2014, 08:33 PM
this may be beside the point seeing how the thread is going, but I do think its a foul(the block on the dunk attempt).

poido123
08-25-2014, 09:37 PM
"You can tell he got pretty upset after that and he called some fouls right after that that weren't [fouls]"

:lol This **** is pretty funny. And before the trolling starts, no this does not diminish Jordan as GOAT in any way. It's funny though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3ABqr6BjR4&feature=youtu.be

Wait a minute...

That fool got his arm on the way down :oldlol:

JohnMax
08-25-2014, 10:07 PM
http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball/shannon_smith

...video of him blocking Michael Jordan's dunk attempt during a summer pick-up game at Jordan's camp in 1991.

oarabbus
08-25-2014, 10:43 PM
Wait a minute...

That fool got his arm on the way down :oldlol:

So... was Mason Plumlee's gamewinner block on Bron a foul too then?

poido123
08-25-2014, 10:45 PM
So... was Mason Plumlee's gamewinner block on Bron a foul too then?

Yeah I thought so

FKAri
08-25-2014, 10:52 PM
Ofcourse. MJ was going up against the new generation of ballers with which he would not have been able to compete.

JT123
08-25-2014, 10:53 PM
"Mr. Stern, Detroit isn't playing basketball. They're trying to hurt me!"

Mr. Stern before the next season "there is a new rule called the flagrant foul rule"
Slayed!

Cali Syndicate
08-25-2014, 10:56 PM
What about a Kid dunking on Lebron and having the tape confiscated?? hahah

Twice. Happened in China as well.

oarabbus
08-25-2014, 11:00 PM
Yeah I thought so

Aight thats fair :cheers: