PDA

View Full Version : So Bran is the best player

knicksman
08-25-2014, 09:36 PM
yet pierce's big 3 is better despite a lesser player. I really cant understand this logic. Are bran stans really these genius that I cant reach their level of analysis or the other way around?

CavaliersFTW
08-25-2014, 09:38 PM
what?

Prometheus
08-25-2014, 09:38 PM
yet pierce's big 3 is better despite a lesser player. I really cant understand this logic. Are bran stans really these genius that I cant reach their level of analysis or the other way around?

Pierce wasn't even the best player in his "big three". You lose.

Cocaine80s
08-25-2014, 09:39 PM
what?
op has aspergers.

please ignore

Prometheus
08-25-2014, 09:39 PM

I really cant understand

I really cant understand

Pretty much sums up knicksman's entire ISH career.

knicksman
08-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Pierce wasn't even the best player in his "big three". You lose.

2 top 5 vs 1 top 5. So if garnett is as good as wade(both top 5) then we should compare pierce to bran. And thats not even considering bosh being better than allen.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-25-2014, 09:41 PM
How was Pierce's big 3 more successful (or "better") than Miami's? 2 championships and 4 finals appearances > 1 championship and 2 finals appearances.

At least that's what I think you were implying. Your post is all over the place.

navy
08-25-2014, 09:42 PM
The Heat big 3 was better than the Celtics Big 3

Lebron > Pierce
Wade > Allen
Garnett > Bosh

4 Finals Appearances vs 2
2 Titles vs 1
2-0 head to head record in the post season

JohnFreeman
08-25-2014, 09:42 PM
:wtf:

knicksman
08-25-2014, 09:43 PM
How were Pierce's big 3 more successful (or "better) than Miami's? 2 championships and 4 finals appearances > 1 championship and 2 finals appearances.

I fear bostons big 3 more. And thats because they were at the twilight of their prime. While miami just entered their prime. And thats not even considering the ring that shouldve been theirs if not for the refs.

Milbuck
08-25-2014, 09:44 PM
:biggums:

knicksman
08-25-2014, 09:44 PM

Lebron > Pierce
Wade > Allen
Garnett > Bosh

2 Titles vs 1

They shouldve won 2 if not for the refs and 3 if not for the stupid perkins trade. But even still way past their prime needed the refs against them when they faced a prime miami

Prometheus
08-25-2014, 09:45 PM
2 top 5 vs 1 top 5. So if garnett is as good as wade(both top 5) then we should compare pierce to bran. And thats not even considering bosh being better than allen.

Obviously we should compare Wade/Allen, LeBron/Pierce, and Garnett/Bosh since they each play the position of their counterpart...

Wade was a far more dominant and dynamic player than Allen in his prime, but his decline was steep and severe... by the 2014 Finals, Wade was a significantly less impactful player than Allen during Boston's run... not to mention that Allen fit with his teammates much better, being a great catch and shoot player who moves off the ball with the greatest of all time. Wade and LeBron had similar games, so they complemented each other to a lesser degree...

LeBron is way better than Pierce. In every way. So there's that.

Garnett is way better than Bosh. In every way (except threes the last few years... but the fact that Bosh chooses that so much diminishes his impact in ways as well). So there's that.

But let's address your point in the first place:

How were Pierce's big 3 more successful (or "better) than Miami's? 2 championships and 4 finals appearances > 1 championship and 2 finals appearances.

That pretty well sums it up, eh?

knicksman
08-25-2014, 09:46 PM
Just shows bran stans really have no idea about basketball besides stats if they believe miami big 3 is better than bostons. LOL

JohnFreeman
08-25-2014, 09:47 PM
Just shows bran stans really have no idea about basketball besides stats if they believe miami big 3 is better than bostons. LOL
:roll:

fpliii
08-25-2014, 09:47 PM
KG only played one healthy season in Boston though. They were a tough defense, but they were only a legitimate contender in 08 and 09 before he got hurt. He'd recovered by 2011, but he was out of his prime at that point (as were Pierce and Allen). Doc is also a better coach (some say he's overrated, but he also had Thibs at the time).

I do think prime KG > prime LeBron, but looking at each season;

2011 - Mavs gameplanned against LeBron well, and he fell short...he needed to improve his post game and shooting, which he did.
2012 - Championship, with Bosh missing a lot of the playoffs and Wade getting his knee drained.
2013 - Championship, Wade wasn't the same player in the playoffs (out of his prime at this point), ran into a tough SA team in the Finals.
2014 - Spurs were a great team. I do wish LeBron forced the issue and drove/posted up more. he had a dominant series shooting the ball (something like 60% shooting on 11 attempts per game, 50% on threes), but his makes were mostly on single coverage. Since his supporting cast wasn't making shots (and Wade looked awful), it would have helped if he attacked the paint more. Miami would still lose (SA was hitting too many contested threes and their passing was on point), but it would've been more competitive.

I'd say during the 2013 regular season, Miami looked truly dominant. Though Boston before KG got hurt in 2009 might've been even better.

TylerOO
08-25-2014, 09:48 PM
op has aspergers.

please ignore

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Prometheus
08-25-2014, 09:48 PM
They shouldve won 2 if not for the refs and 3 if not for the stupid perkins trade. But even still way past their prime needed the refs against them when they faced a prime miami

First of all, Bosh was injured for almost that entire series.

Second of all...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eEXIn8vpZ7o/T9IoIPT6API/AAAAAAAARCw/Mgo3Jx7Wkkk/s400/kjqsdup-tw1.png

knicksman
08-25-2014, 09:50 PM
Again they won right away and if they teamed up the same age as miami big 3, they wouldve won more. Hell they even have tied it if not for the rigging in 2010.

Yet idiots really believe miami is better. LOLOL that IQ

Prometheus
08-25-2014, 09:51 PM
prime KG > prime LeBron

I love Garnett, but come on yo

Paul George 24
08-25-2014, 09:52 PM
He is A traitor :rockon:

knicksman
08-25-2014, 09:52 PM

Second of all...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eEXIn8vpZ7o/T9IoIPT6API/AAAAAAAARCw/Mgo3Jx7Wkkk/s400/kjqsdup-tw1.png

and they were past past their prime. And there would be no game 6 if not for the refs. They were just a 40+ win team for a reason. Meaning not anymore contenders yet miami still needed the refs

Paul George 24
08-25-2014, 09:53 PM

KG DOESN'T NEED TO TEAM UP WITH RIME WADE & BOSH

poido123

I can't understand this.

Will read once I get my translator.

pauk
I dont get it.

fpliii
08-25-2014, 09:54 PM
They're similar impact players, and KG is less ball-dominant.

I don't have a GOAT list, but if I did, KG would rate very highly. I know he's polarizing so I won't get into specifics.

Paul George 24
08-25-2014, 09:54 PM
I dont get it.

BEAUSE HE ARE BLIND :lol

Paul George 24
08-25-2014, 09:55 PM
LEFLOP IS SO LUCKY COZ HE IS PALYER IN A WEAKER ERA :lol

fpliii
08-25-2014, 09:56 PM
LEFLOP IS SO LUCKY COZ HE IS PALYER IN A WEAKER ERA :lol
Why don't you post about Greg Oden anymore brah? :confusedshrug:

knicksman
KG only played one healthy season in Boston though. They were a tough defense, but they were only a legitimate contender in 08 and 09 before he got hurt. He'd recovered by 2011, but he was out of his prime at that point (as were Pierce and Allen). Doc is also a better coach (some say he's overrated, but he also had Thibs at the time).

I do think prime KG > prime LeBron, but looking at each season;

2011 - Mavs gameplanned against LeBron well, and he fell short...he needed to improve his post game and shooting, which he did.
2012 - Championship, with Bosh missing a lot of the playoffs and Wade getting his knee drained.
2013 - Championship, Wade wasn't the same player in the playoffs (out of his prime at this point), ran into a tough SA team in the Finals.
2014 - Spurs were a great team. I do wish LeBron forced the issue and drove/posted up more. he had a dominant series shooting the ball (something like 60% shooting on 11 attempts per game, 50% on threes), but his makes were mostly on single coverage. Since his supporting cast wasn't making shots (and Wade looked awful), it would have helped if he attacked the paint more. Miami would still lose (SA was hitting too many contested threes and their passing was on point), but it would've been more competitive.

I'd say during the 2013 regular season, Miami looked truly dominant. Though Boston before KG got hurt in 2009 might've been even better.

This is what im trying to say tho. Boston is just a better team despiter lesser talent.

JohnFreeman
OP do you need us to call someone?

knicksman
08-25-2014, 09:59 PM
I know its hard for bran stans to accept that they have low IQs. But its just what it is. Hes not even more impactful than pierce yet people are overrating like hes on the same level as jordan. LOL

poido123
08-25-2014, 10:01 PM
I know its hard for bran stans to accept that they have low IQs. But its just what it is. Hes not even more impactful than pierce yet people are overrating like hes on the same level as jordan. LOL

Take it from me.

Your post was a steaming pile of dogshit and I dislike Lebron strongly.

fpliii
08-25-2014, 10:05 PM
Take it from me.

I think the guy is trolling a bit here, but he does raise some legitimate points at times. We had a quality discussion about ball-dominant players in this thread:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352225

Did Miami underachieve? Maybe. They were never truly dominant, outside of the 2013 regular season IMO. LeBron and Wade were beasting in 2011, but they were just taking turns to me, no semblance of quality team play.

Boston underachieved too, but injuries were a legitimate concern. I'm not complaining since we got two titles out of it, but if KG never gets hurt in 09, Boston threepeats. Injuries were somewhat of a concern for Miami as well, since Wade fell off in a very real way (though maybe he was doomed from the start when he had his meniscus removed instead of repaired...Rose was smart, and if he doesn't have any other injuries, longevity shouldn't be an issue for him).

Luck is a big factor I guess. Both teams probably should've done more, but they weren't healthy enough.

SouBeachTalents
08-25-2014, 10:07 PM

Have you EVER made a thread that wasn't about LeBron?

Prometheus
08-25-2014, 10:13 PM
They're similar impact players, and KG is less ball-dominant.

I don't have a GOAT list, but if I did, KG would rate very highly. I know he's polarizing so I won't get into specifics.

I like to distinguish between GOAT and then the players who were actually better at basketball.

For instance, Kobe easily deserves a spot on the top ten for career achievements and accolades, but I'd probably sneak him in my top 15 for actual on-the-court impact.

Duncan is another - his beautiful career warrants a top 10 placement, but I definitely think there have been at least 10-15 players who were better than he was at basketball.

In terms of true impact as a player, I've got Garnett ahead of both Bean and Duncan... but still behind LeBron.

I respect your opinion though, as usual.

TheNaturalWR
08-25-2014, 10:32 PM

Second of all...

Prime Miami was 2011.....and they finished the Celtics in 5.

Prometheus
08-25-2014, 10:47 PM

I am arguing Miami > Boston, but you really can't read too much into the 2011 series since Rondo played half of it on one arm.

TheNaturalWR
08-25-2014, 11:08 PM
I am arguing Miami > Boston, but you really can't read too much into the 2011 series since Rondo played half of it on one arm.

The series was 2-1 and lets' be honest it wouldn't have made a difference. That was Wade and LeBron's best playoff series together.

knicksman
08-25-2014, 11:48 PM

yeah when its clear that celtics are already struggling even before the playoffs coz of the stupid perkins trade. Boston were the favorites b4 that btw

knicksman
08-25-2014, 11:52 PM
Take it from me.

LOL i know youre a bran Homer. And tell me if its stupid to expect celtics to win more if they teamed same age as miami.

poido123
08-25-2014, 11:53 PM
LOL i know youre a bran Homer. And tell me if its stupid to expect celtics to win more if they teamed same age as miami.

:roll: :roll:

knicksman
08-25-2014, 11:59 PM

as expected from a beta who now denies his affiliation with bran once he lost. LOL And worse is that he acts as a bulls fan to hide his homerism for bran. LOLOL what a loser.

poido123
08-26-2014, 12:02 AM
as expected from a beta who now denies his affiliation with bran once he lost. LOL And worse is that he acts as a bulls fan to hide his homerism for bran. LOLOL what a loser.

Milbuck
08-26-2014, 12:06 AM
Duncan is another - his beautiful career warrants a top 10 placement, but I definitely think there have been at least 10-15 players who were better than he was at basketball.

In terms of true impact as a player, I've got Garnett ahead of both Bean and Duncan... but still behind LeBron.

You are underrating Duncan..he is one of the highest impact players in history, there's just no way I could name 15 players with a higher offensive and defensive impact better than peak TD.

His 2001-2003 peak is one of the most underrated peaks ever.

In those peak years in the postseason he averaged 26/15/5/4/1 on 57% TS, 29.3 PER, while being a GOAT-caliber defensive anchor.

In that 2003 championship run he put up 24/17/5/5/1 on 55% TS in the Finals with a near quadruple double in the closeout game...109 ORTG / 83 DRTG

If we value defense as we should, Duncan had one of the most dominant championship runs you'll ever see, that was the prime example of carrying a mediocre cast to a title. I shudder to think what he could've done if he had prime TP and/or prime Manu back then, they would've been one of the most dominant teams ever.

Both ends of the floor considered, you could argue his 2-way impact is greater than anyone in the past 40 years except MJ, Shaq, Kareem, and maybe Hakeem. Everyone else is debatable, and I personally have Duncan right ahead of them all.

red1
08-26-2014, 12:07 AM
typical knicksman thread

knicksman
08-26-2014, 12:09 AM
nah prometheus is one of bran stans. And bran stans=low IQ.

SouBeachTalents
08-26-2014, 12:10 AM

The Knicks haven't won a championship since Nixon was president

knicksman
08-26-2014, 12:24 AM
The Knicks haven't won a championship since Nixon was president

LOL

Magic 32
08-26-2014, 12:43 AM

"My death stare will make me unstoppable......... against a team that is two years past it's expiration date"

SouBeachTalents
08-26-2014, 12:47 AM
"My death stare will make me unstoppable......... against a team that is two years past it's expiration date"

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6020fgUq41qze7zoo1_500.jpg

dubeta
08-26-2014, 12:50 AM

LeBron roasted the Celtics in 5 games in 2011 just 10 months after kobe shat his pants in the 6-24 chokejob against the same team :sleeping

Smoke117
08-26-2014, 12:54 AM
You know your posting could actually go up from atrocious to not terrible if you just took a few seconds to read what you type out and then think: "should I post this?"

Prometheus
08-26-2014, 01:34 AM

lol was this like... a response to something? did someone else mention my name? :lol you're so random.

let me guess. Robertson, wilt, LeBron and Iverson are considered cancers (by knicksman) and pad their stats because they are beta. that's the story, right?

Sheik1287
08-26-2014, 01:38 AM

Lebron > Pierce
Wade > Allen
Garnett > Bosh

2 Titles vs 1

This.
Pierce also had no chance at a MVP award.
Nice try of your discrediting of LeBron; gotta try harder dawg.

Paul George 24
08-26-2014, 01:45 AM
best palyer will ever quit his own team :confusedshrug:

SouBeachTalents
08-26-2014, 01:47 AM
best palyer will ever quit his own team :confusedshrug:

I hope to god this is a troll

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-26-2014, 02:15 AM
lol was this like... a response to something? did someone else mention my name? :lol you're so random.

let me guess. Robertson, wilt, LeBron and Iverson are considered cancers (by knicksman) and pad their stats because they are beta. that's the story, right?

They're not even organized thoughts. A bunch of mumbo jumbo that doesn't fit. It almost feels like you're reading posts from a kid with dyslexia or something (no offense to any dyslexic posters).

Prometheus
08-26-2014, 02:34 AM
They're not even organized thoughts. A bunch of mumbo jumbo that doesn't fit. It almost feels like you're reading posts from a kid with dyslexia or something (no offense to any dyslexic posters).

reminds me of one of those guys who you start talking to about the economy and suddenly he's telling you the moon landing was a hoax. scatterbrained quacks

knicksman
08-26-2014, 02:59 AM

milbuck responded to your post brah

knicksman
08-26-2014, 03:00 AM
This.
Pierce also had no chance at a MVP award.
Nice try of your discrediting of LeBron; gotta try harder dawg.

except no one disputes the fact that they might have the same rings if boston big 3 was formed at the same age as miami.

Mr Exlax
08-26-2014, 07:50 AM
Give this man a standing ovation. He actually posted under the correct account today.

r15mohd
08-26-2014, 08:49 AM
except no one disputes the fact that they might have the same rings if boston big 3 was formed at the same age as miami.

let's talk about what actually happened and not what you dream up to use as your rebuttals.