08-25-2014, 10:35 PM
So insecure.

yungtyrekeevans
08-25-2014, 10:35 PM
now tell me that aint insecurrr, the concept of jordan seem so secure
jordan, 10 years, aint had a career.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Not sure "myth" is the word you were looking for.

Because between the two, all four of those categories are debatable and can be argued either way.

pauk
08-25-2014, 10:39 PM
Except for the athlete part, everything else i could agree with, just my opinion. I think Lebron has a better combination of size/power/speed/vertical etc. but i dont think he is pound-for-pound a better athlete, its arguable though, MJ was a freak himself in that department.

SouBeachTalents
08-25-2014, 10:42 PM
Another myth, the Heat were more "stacked" than Jordan's Bulls

Angel Face
08-25-2014, 10:47 PM
Facts about each player

LeBron is 2/5

Jordan is 1/9

2/5>>>1/9

Finals win%

Jordan is 6/6

Lebron is 2/5

If we take a look at their championship winning rate in their career time span

Jordan is 6/15

Lebron is 2/11

6/6>>>2/5

6/15>>>2/11

:confusedshrug:

Dumb Lechoke stan

pauk
08-25-2014, 10:48 PM
Doesnt mean Lebron is better... but means he is simply a different breed of a player, different games... both were great individual ballers, but different...

3ball
08-25-2014, 10:49 PM
Another myth, the Heat were more "stacked" than Jordan's Bulls
The Heat were way more stacked.

How else can you explain Jordan having to score way more, shoot way more, have a higher PER, and have a much higher usage in order to win HIS championships, than Lebron needed to win his?

These things are impossible if the Bulls were more stacked....

The reality is that Jordan only had Pippen and a good rebounding 4.... that's it... no 3rd scoring option and no 3rd all-star like Lebron has... and Jordan's role players like Kerr, Paxson and BJ Armstrong don't compare to Ray Allen, Chalmers and Cole.

Le Shaqtus
08-25-2014, 10:51 PM
6/6>2/5

dubeta
08-25-2014, 10:54 PM

How else can you explain Jordan having to score way more, shoot way more, and have a much higher usage in order to win HIS championships, than Lebron needed to win his?

In order to win his championships, Jordan also had to have a higher PER, Win Shares, and WS/48.

The reality is that Jordan only had Pippen and a good rebounding 4.... that's it... no 3rd scoring option and no 3rd all-star like Lebron has... and Jordan's role players like Kerr, Paxson and BJ Armstrong don't compare to Ray Allen, Chalmers and Cole.

Bulls were stacked with playmakers, defenders and rebounders

MJ could statpad to his hearts content and still win because of his GOAT supporting cast

Stop thinking scoring = stacked :oldlol:

3ball
08-25-2014, 10:57 PM
Bulls were stacked with playmakers, defenders and rebounders

MJ could statpad to his hearts content and still win because of his GOAT supporting cast

Stop thinking scoring = stacked :oldlol:
you aren't thinking logically at all about this...

He had to carry a larger load and those stats prove that... you're just biased beyond belief that you will deny clear-cut numbers like that.

jlip
08-25-2014, 10:57 PM

How else can you explain Jordan having to score way more, shoot way more, have a higher PER, and have a much higher usage in order to win HIS championships, than Lebron needed to win his?

That's the same thing.

dubeta
08-25-2014, 11:00 PM
Jordan Jumped Way Higher Off Two-Foot Takeoffs

Jordan jumped way higher and had better explosion off vertical (two-foot takeoffs) which was a big advantage in traffic... Kobe is pretty good of a vertical too - and both those guys had the physique that was conducive for scoring effectively in traffic, where their vertical ability was needed.

In contrast, Lebron is actually only okay off a vertical and his physique is not conducive for mitigating defenders in traffic... Here's Lebron off a drop-step (one-step vertical), where he gets stuffed on a game winning attempt and the Heat lost... He didn't have good explosion.

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Lebron_Stuffed_after_Jumping_o_3ab12cd053656a6016f 9ea4e26ad4fa5.gif

Whereas, in the same spot, Jordan drop-steps with a lot more lift and explosion.

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_over_Orlando_Woolridge_2992ff3b66bec8217afc 9045864e3b42.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_dunks_on_Shaq_7a78ff0a205611c2aaf2fcf2af13f 605.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_dunks_on_Defender_off_42e80f0371b2ccd1311ad dc612220fdc.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_Very_Quick_off_his_feet_85c9460760961c1fceb 26630cff21c12.gif

Here's another one where they are both doing the exact same move that ends up with them jumping off two feet, and Jordan has quite a bit more lift.

Lebron going up weak off two feet after jumpstop.. can't dunk..

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Tiago_Beats_Lebron_to_Spot_Leb_2d51dd9926d3c1cf8c5 bc8a47ecc0f04.gif

Jordan in Exact Same Spot, Exact Same Move and Jumpstop, Goes up A Lot Stronger

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_with_the_Baseline_HopSt_f3dde741dd9364e1d67 d426c26375b8c.gif

Same Spot, Also Over Dominique and Moses Malone at the Same Time
http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/jordan_on_dominique_bee66ca7d5a73e1d21472382674cc2 af.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_over_Dominique_and_Mose_6ff5a043976a6ce3be6 3214630bd4bbc.gif

Dude, stop trying to convince yourself that MJ is better

You're reaching, srsly two foot leaping is supposed to be a big deal?

Admit Lebron >> MJ and move on :sleeping

pauk
08-25-2014, 11:01 PM

How else can you explain Jordan having to score way more, shoot way more, and have a much higher usage in order to win HIS championships, than Lebron needed to win his?

In order to win his championships, Jordan also had to have a higher PER, Win Shares and WS/48.

Lebron's highest FGA of his career was 23.1.... MJ shot exactly that even in his last season with the Bulls as a 34-35 year old... hell MJ shot close to that many shots even with the Wizards.... In the rest of Lebrons seasons he wasnt even close to that FGA... and i wouldnt say his Cleveland rosters were better than 90-98 Bulls? Meaning he didnt need to shoot that much to win?

Do you get the point? Two different players/games/mindsets...

MJ was more of a scorer....
Lebron more of a playmaker(passer/distributor)....
Thats why MJ shot more...
Thats why Lebron passed more...

There is only so many possessions on the offensive side, you take a shot and you missed an opportunity for a pass instead, you made a pass and you missed an opportunity for a shot....

Both games effective for their teams outcome, but different....

Prometheus
08-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Before I begin to analyze the OP, let me just make it clear to anyone that may not already know where I stand: Jordan was a much better basketball player than LeBron, and there is literally nothing that LeBron can do from here on out that will change that. He could win five rings in Cleveland, retire with seven championships and six MVPs and be crowned by the media as the GOAT, and I will still know that Michael Jordan was better at basketball. Now that that's out of the way:

"Bron is a better playmaker than MJ"

I think this is generally true, but it's VERY debatable. LeBron simply plays the role of playmaker MORE OFTEN than MJ did. When Jordan played point guard for much of the '89 season, he averaged 8.0 APG, and in the 1991 Finals he managed a jaw-dropping 11.4 APG (basically just trolling Magic). But LeBron has been a great playmaker since he stepped into the league, and I think just because of consistency should be given the benefit of the doubt in this department.

"Bron is a better rebounder than MJ"

The argument that LeBron should average more rebounds since he plays forward is a fallacy in my opinion. He has had dominant rebounding series while playing for Miami to compensate for his team's weakness in that department. Jordan was good for a guard, but yes LeBron is a better rebounder than Jordan was.

"Bron is a better finisher then MJ"

NO. Not even close, to be quite honest. LeBron's best career dunks are over Jason Terry and Damon Jones. He dunked on Duncan once, but Duncan was standing still with his hands in the air trying to take a charge. He dunked on Garnett once, but Garnett was way out of position and didn't even go for the block. LeBron does not have the courage or the in-your-face attitude that Jordan had to be an elite posterizing finisher. Jordan did not give a ****. He played in an era that was absolutely stacked with centers and he posterized all of them. He was an animal, an absolute beast at finishing in the half court. LeBron jumps higher off of one leg, but Jordan was much, much better off of two. This made MJ's timing more unpredictable, and it made it much easier for him to dominate offensively.

"Bron is a better athlete then MJ"

This one is probably most debatable of them all. All-around (not specific to any one sport), I'd probably give it to LeBron.

LeBron's athletic advantages:

size, strength, breakaway speed, leaping in stride, power through momentum

Jordan's athletic advantages:

quickness, agility, balance, superior two-legged vertical, dexterity, body control

While I'd give the edge to LeBron all-around, I believe Jordan's athletic advantages were more beneficial to playing basketball (and contributed to the fact that he was a much better basketball player). But I think LeBron would be a much better football player :confusedshrug:

3ball
08-25-2014, 11:08 PM
MJ was more of a scorer....
Lebron more of a playmaker(passer/distributor)....
Thats why MJ shot more...
Thats why Lebron passed more...

There is only so many possessions on the offensive side, you take a shot and you missed an oppurtunity for a pass instead, you made a pass and you missed an oppurtunity for a shot....

Both games effective for their teams outcome, but different....

It's one of the reasons Lebron can't dominate like Jordan did... he doesn't shoot it enough to dominate like Jordan did.

And Lebron's assist advantage is too small given how much less he scores than Jordan.

Jordan averaged 0.6 less assists per 36 minutes in the playoffs, but averaged 25% more points per 36 minutes.

Are you seriously going to harp on a tiny assist advantage when Jordan was scoring 25% more every 3 quarters on a better points-per-possession efficiency basis (Ortg)?

3ball
08-25-2014, 11:10 PM
Before I begin to analyze the OP, let me just make it clear to anyone that may not already know where I stand: Jordan was a much better basketball player than LeBron, and there is literally nothing that LeBron can do from here on out that will change that. He could win five rings in Cleveland, retire with seven championships and six MVPs and be crowned by the media as the GOAT, and I will still know that Michael Jordan was better at basketball. Now that that's out of the way:

I think this is generally true, but it's VERY debatable. LeBron simply plays the role of playmaker MORE OFTEN than MJ did. When Jordan played point guard for much of the '89 season, he averaged 8.0 APG, and in the 1991 Finals he managed a jaw-dropping 11.4 APG (basically just trolling Magic). But LeBron has been a great playmaker since he stepped into the league, and I think just because of consistency should be given the benefit of the doubt in this department.

The argument that LeBron should average more rebounds since he plays forward is a fallacy in my opinion. He has had dominant rebounding series while playing for Miami to compensate for his team's weakness in that department. Jordan was good for a guard, but yes LeBron is a better rebounder than Jordan was.

NO. Not even close, to be quite honest. LeBron's best career dunks are over Jason Terry and Damon Jones. He dunked on Duncan once, but Duncan was standing still with his hands in the air trying to take a charge. He dunked on Garnett once, but Garnett was way out of position and didn't even go for the block. LeBron does not have the courage or the in-your-face attitude that Jordan had to be an elite posterizing finisher. Jordan did not give a ****. He played in an era that was absolutely stacked with centers and he posterized all of them. He was an animal, an absolute beast at finishing in the half court. LeBron jumps higher off of one leg, but Jordan was much, much better off of two. This made MJ's timing more unpredictable, and it made it much easier for him to dominate offensively.

This one is probably most debatable of them all. All-around (not specific to any one sport), I'd probably give it to LeBron.

LeBron's athletic advantages:

size, strength, breakaway speed, leaping in stride, power through momentum

Jordan's athletic advantages:

quickness, agility, balance, superior two-legged vertical, dexterity, body control

While I'd give the edge to LeBron all-around, I believe Jordan's athletic advantages were more beneficial to playing basketball (and contributed to the fact that he was a much better basketball player). But I think LeBron would be a much better football player :confusedshrug:

I almost don't want to respond anymore this one is so rational and factual.

dubeta
08-25-2014, 11:19 PM
While Jordan was a vastly superior leaper than Lebron off two legs, he was also at least equal to Lebron off of one leg.

Both guys can dunk from the FT line - Jordan brings it all the way back and dunks with ease.... Lebron isn't doing BETTER than that... he's only matching it.

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/37b24a54a04c23124c905088f5d907fd.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_Cradle_From_Almost_FT_L_be1e0eee2d4613049ae 82e8600cc58c1.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/ea1c7e53f83495db3c80c5346f2da98c.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/0ae7910f89aa1b9712688a0b431d283f.gif

Jordan could never dream of jumping this high

http://oi50.tinypic.com/29nxrsy.jpg

JUST STOP IT

Jordan's 2 feet vert advantage is no where close to LeBron's 1 foot vert advantage

FYI LeBron dunked from the FT line in the middle of a game :eek:

Now I know you are brainwashed beyond repair :facepalm

TheMan
08-25-2014, 11:20 PM
Facts about each player

LeBron is 2/5

Jordan is 1/9

2/5>>>1/9
This idiot compares Jordan's first ten playoffs games record to LeBron's Finals series record :oldlol: I mean, how dense do you gotta be to mix two entirely different things? :oldlol:

That's like saying Hakeem Olajuwon's 2/2 Finals > LeBron's 2/11 championships in his entire career. Mixing two different stats :oldlol: Dude is just embarrassing.
:facepalm

poido123
08-25-2014, 11:20 PM
I don't care what anyone says, Jordan has a case on all of these categories and it isn't nostalgia talking here...

The only one I think Lebron has a slight edge on Jordan is the passing. I've seen Lebron do passes I'm not sure if I've seen Jordan do before.

mehyaM24
08-25-2014, 11:21 PM
get real.. lebron is one of the most physically gifted players ever .. he is so strong attacking the basket that half the time he gets hit with the body, smacked on the arms, and finishes with ease and makes the play to appear clean. please don't act like it would be any different if he played in the 80's or 90's.

he would have been so frustrating for those guys, he would have ended up fouling those guys out (imagine if dude could handcheck on the other end :eek:). the nba is different now... you don't have guys hitting and intentionally fouling or being as "tough" because of players like lebron who will make you pay time and time again.

like barkley said: lebron is bigger, faster and stronger. hence, lebron is better. hell, not just his good friend but his teammate scottie pippen said lebron was the better player. alonzo mourning also said lebron could kick jordan's ass.

3ball
08-25-2014, 11:24 PM
Jordan could never dream of jumping this high

FYI LeBron dunked from the FT line in the middle of a game :eek:

I just showed you footage of Jordan equaling (actually surpassing imo) Lebron's greatest feats off one leg.

And Jordan has had his head over the rim many times... he does it right here, but you'd have to pause the vid to see it...

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/0fb4c9fcdae45dc3d1ea24a51916a3a4.gif

andgar923
08-25-2014, 11:31 PM
Some are debatable I agree. But people say shit as tho it was a given so frequently that they become myths.

Repetition of debatable or false info becomes myths.

I.E. 'Kobe is the most clutch'

Is Kobe clutch? Sure

But not THE most clutch. Is it debatable? Kinda, but

rlsmooth775
08-25-2014, 11:32 PM
I just showed you footage of Jordan equaling (actually surpassing imo) Lebron's greatest feats off one leg.

And Jordan has had his head over the rim many times... he does it right here, but you'd have to pause the vid to see it...

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/0fb4c9fcdae45dc3d1ea24a51916a3a4.gif

You jordan fans are insecure

3ball
08-25-2014, 11:36 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/87d7da9831431bc837573b56737a7e97.jpeg

poido123
Some are debatable I agree. But people say shit as tho it was a given so frequently that they become myths.

Repetition of debatable or false info becomes myths.

I.E. 'Kobe is the most clutch'

Is Kobe clutch? Sure

But not THE most clutch. Is it debatable? Kinda, but

It's not ok for Jordan to have claims on any of Lebron's abilities, but as soon as we defend Jordan's abilities we are insecure.

Something not right here :oldlol:

3ball
MJ Had Westbrook/Monta Ellis True Guard Quickness for Greater Mismatches vs. Bigger Defenders

With Lebron, you can have success guarding him with Boris Diaw or Kawhi Leonard because Lebron's offensive repertoire has its limits and even though he is fast, he isn't blowing by these guys like say, a westbrook or monta ellis would... also, guys like Diaw are used to guarding big, bulky physiques so they are physically ready for Lebron... No real knock on Lebron - most guys aren't goat in all aspects of scoring so there is always a way to slow them down... Like with Durant, he never posts, so you can get away with guarding him with Chris Paul.

If you try big guys on Jordan such as Dominique Wilkins, Dennis Rodman, or Richard Dumas, he just toyed with them using skill and superior quickness.. Jordan wasn't only quick for his size - he was a true guard with Westbrook/Monta-type quickness that made him a serious mismatch for bigger defenders, as you see below.

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_blow_by_dominique_Dunk__79930aa46348b5fcc7a 1ae6c01179710.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_pullup_on_rodman_breaks_669c2e1e9f35d1f1cd5 fbed0a19ec8fb.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_over_defenders_in_Final_5ace7152199370ef1a7 bbf2800592a58.gif

Opposing coaches would try these bigger defenders on Jordan for a few possessions, then decide the quickness mismatch didn't make sense and put the 2-guard back on him..

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_over_Drexler_5a3411aa88633318670558bc6a82e9 ed.gif

Goat skill is the only way a 39-year old could thoroughly dominate and drop 41 points all on a prime Shawn Marion... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9ayPlqCMg

Plus game winner (on a prime Marion, not the Marion from 2011).

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_Gamer_Winner_over_Shawn_55e866d2fecf7dcac60 99fab7982e21e.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_Game_Winner_over_Marion_d668079a9f2b87dd28e 03fd08b32e67b.gif

MJ hit game winners on Marion the same way he used to do Rodman..

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_Game_Winner_over_Rodman_cdfed0b0df8b81a04f9 cc8608a8e31bb.gif

Of course, put little guys on MJ and he toyed with them using skill and size.

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_over_shorter_KJ_05d295465e927a1ef1cf47afa41 0ad42.gif

zoom17
08-25-2014, 11:38 PM

Damn.

pauk
08-25-2014, 11:38 PM
It's one of the reasons Lebron can't dominate like Jordan did... he doesn't shoot it enough to dominate like Jordan did.

And Lebron's assist advantage is too small given how much less he scores than Jordan.

Jordan averaged 0.6 less assists per 36 minutes in the playoffs, but averaged 25% more points per 36 minutes.

Are you seriously going to harp on a tiny assist advantage when Jordan was scoring 25% more every 3 quarters on a better points-per-possession efficiency basis (Ortg)?

Lebron dominates differently.... he can dominate like Jordan did, but not for an entire career like Jordan, with that i mean being more of a strict scorer (well maybe he could, i think he has that scoring ability, but i dont think he has that MINDSET/STYLE to do it).... understand? Just like i believe Jordan could dominate like Lebron.... pass more, move the ball more, hence shoot less, i believe Jordan perhaps had that passing ability/unselfishness, but i dont think he had that mindset/style to be like that his entire career like Lebron....

Im just comparing the differences, not taking any sides....

MJ would therefore never shoot 14 FGA in a Finals series, even if he hypothetically couldnt make a shot at all (lets just say so).... Lebron did that and he didnt even shoot bad or something that series, he just sees the game differently, he is a player who can settle with passing the ball almost entire game... In that series if Jordan shot bad he would still most likely shoot (hence score) more, but pass less (ignore a hot Wade while at it) and still the outcome would be the same....... why? Because the accountability on the boxscore could still be the same.... assist/move the ball so someone else scores and/or bricks.... or.... scoring and/or bricking yourself.....

Thats what some fans still dont understand when they compare Lebron to Jordan (or even Kobe), they are two very different players offensively, hell after all these years im still not sure if Lebron is a pass-first PG who transitioned into a scoring SF or the most unselfish scoring SF or even non-PG maybe ever (his apg sure says that at least)....

moe94
08-25-2014, 11:39 PM
Let's be real, Jordan rocked headbands better than LeBron, too.

rlsmooth775
08-25-2014, 11:40 PM
Lebron gets more rebounds and assist than jordan so no myth. Lebron runs faster jumps higher plus he is stronger lebron can just bulldoze power forwards and centers like nothing.

poido123
08-25-2014, 11:41 PM
Let's be real, Jordan rocked headbands better than LeBron, too.

You come across objective half the time, but you're always having direct or indirect jabs at Bulls players/fans.

moe94
08-25-2014, 11:42 PM
You come across objective half the time, but you're always having direct or indirect jabs at Bulls players/fans.

You know what happened to your account, right? Did dude change your password? What happened there?

Lebronxrings
08-25-2014, 11:45 PM
bron = faster, stronger, smarter jordan. Michael didn't do anything better than lebron. Nothing.

poido123
08-25-2014, 11:45 PM
You know what happened to your account, right? Did dude change your password? What happened there?

I don't follow..

SouBeachTalents
08-25-2014, 11:46 PM
bron = faster, stronger, smarter jordan. Michael didn't do anything better than lebron. Nothing.

He played a lot better in the Finals

moe94
08-25-2014, 11:47 PM
I don't follow..
:lebronamazed:

My dude, WTF :roll:

TheMan
08-25-2014, 11:48 PM
get real.. lebron is one of the most physically gifted players ever .. he is so strong attacking the basket that half the time he gets hit with the body, smacked on the arms, and finishes with ease and makes the play to appear clean. please don't act like it would be any different if he played in the 80's or 90's.

he would have been so frustrating for those guys, he would have ended up fouling those guys out (imagine if dude could handcheck on the other end :eek:). the nba is different now... you don't have guys hitting and intentionally fouling or being as "tough" because of players like lebron who will make you pay time and time again.

like barkley said: lebron is bigger, faster and stronger. hence, lebron is better. hell, not just his good friend but his teammate scottie pippen said lebron was the better player. alonzo mourning also said lebron could kick jordan's ass.
:wtf: Pretty sure DeAndre Jordan is bigger, stronger and faster than Larry Bird, I guess in your book D Jordan > Bird :oldlol:
:facepalm Barkley has never ever said Bron is better than Jordan, actually the opposite. For the very few people who have said LeBron is better, it is a tiny minority, there are countless of former players, coaches, analysts, general managers who have said MJ is the GOAT. Even LeBron has called him the GOAT and wears 23 in his honor. :bowdown:

LeBron is an MJ stan :pimp:

poido123
08-25-2014, 11:50 PM
:lebronamazed:

My dude, WTF :roll:

Ok, who's messing with my account :oldlol:

dubeta
08-25-2014, 11:50 PM
:wtf: Pretty sure DeAndre Jordan is bigger, stronger and faster than Larry Bird, I guess in your book D Jordan > Bird :oldlol:
:facepalm Barkley has never ever said Bron is better than Jordan, actually the opposite. For the very few people who have said LeBron is better, it is a tiny minority, there are countless of former players, coaches, analysts, general managers who have said MJ is the GOAT. Even LeBron has called him the GOAT and wears 23 in his honor. :bowdown:

LeBron is an MJ stan :pimp:

Lebron is also a Shabazz Napier stan so Napier > Bron ??

you're reaching so much on your arguments:oldlol:

Warfan
08-25-2014, 11:51 PM
Ok, who's messing with my account :oldlol:

:roll:

poido123
08-25-2014, 11:52 PM

I blame Moe, whatever it is

3ball
08-25-2014, 11:52 PM
Here's Jordan jumping just as high as Lebron does off one foot..

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/37b24a54a04c23124c905088f5d907fd.gif

In a Game!!

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_Cradle_From_Almost_FT_L_be1e0eee2d4613049ae 82e8600cc58c1.gif

moe94
08-25-2014, 11:54 PM
I blame Moe, whatever it is
Change your password and don't tell random people who don't like you your password :kobe:

MastaKilla
Wtf is going on in this thread right now

dubeta
Here's Jordan jumping just as high as Lebron does off one foot..

In a Game!!

LOL MJ was a clear 6 inches under the rim, while LeBron was 6 inches above the rim

Thats an entire foot difference :sleeping

Go ahead, try and make another bullshit point

poido123
08-25-2014, 11:55 PM
Change your password and don't tell random people who don't like you your password :kobe:

Ok.

Cactus sack is behind this :coleman:

I simply gave him the Password to see I wasn't lying about something.

:banghead:

knicksman
08-25-2014, 11:56 PM
Doesnt mean Lebron is better... but means he is simply a different breed of a player, different games... both were great individual ballers, but different...

different breed. Yup the breed of losers. The breed of oscars, iverson, marbury. Yet fools in here believe they are better.LOLOL

dubeta
08-25-2014, 11:58 PM
different breed. Yup the breed of losers. The breed of oscars, iverson, marbury. Yet fools in here believe they are better.LOLOL

LeBron has more rings than all of them combine :sleeping

TheMan
08-25-2014, 11:59 PM
Lebron is also a Shabazz Napier stan so Napier > Bron ??

you're reaching so much on your arguments:oldlol:
And comparing MJ's first 10 playoffs games record to LeBron's Finals series record isn't reaching, lol.

Oh, and Bron was such a fan of Napier that he hightailed to Cleveland with no fvcks given. Bron has called Jordan the greatest, I know you know this, stop acting stupid. :confusedshrug:

Beastmode88
08-26-2014, 12:01 AM
LeBron has more rings than all of them combine :sleeping

Why do people even try to debate with Dubeta/Lebronxrings? This idiot said the lakers right now are better than the cavs.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351223

dubeta
08-26-2014, 12:04 AM
Why do people even try to debate with Dubeta/Lebronxrings? This idiot said the lakers right now are better than the cavs. h
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351223

How come you couldnt argue those points?

Kobe, randle, hill, boozer, nash should be atleast a top #6 team in the West no excuses

Lakers have way better defense and bench than Cavs :sleeping

SouBeachTalents
Why do people even try to debate with Dubeta/Lebronxrings? This idiot said the lakers right now are better than the cavs.

:oldlol: at Nash being better than Irving, and Boozer being equal to Love

3ball
Jordan was a goat leaper off of one foot and two feet (not just one foot like Lebron), and MJ had monta ellis/westbrook type quickness for bigger mismatches against bigger defenders.

sportjames23
08-26-2014, 12:05 AM

All myths.

QFT. :cheers:

3ball
08-26-2014, 12:06 AM
LeBron was 6 inches above the rim

Jordan 6 inches over the rim (probably more - the length from his open mouth to the top of his head is more than 6 inches)..

Both hands well above the square and close to the top of the back board.

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/7a0dfd2c3a222ad713c51357c3ed3316.jpeg

Beastmode88
08-26-2014, 12:07 AM
How come you couldnt argue those points?

Kobe, randle, hill, boozer, nash should be atleast a top #6 team in the West no excuses

Lakers have way better defense and bench than Cavs :sleeping

Lmao this guy needs another ban for his stupidity. Said nash at 40 is better than kyrie. :facepalm

TheMan
08-26-2014, 12:12 AM
Jordan 6 inches over the rim (probably more - the length from his open mouth to the top of his head is more than 6 inches)..

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/7a0dfd2c3a222ad713c51357c3ed3316.jpeg
Holy shit

zoom17
08-26-2014, 12:14 AM

which one looks higher?

TheMan
08-26-2014, 12:14 AM
Lmao this guy needs another ban for his stupidity. Said nash at 40 is better than kyrie. :facepalm
dubeta says some cringeworthy shit, it's embarrassing.

poido123
08-26-2014, 12:18 AM

Lberonxrings can go out with the trash too :(

TheMan
08-26-2014, 12:18 AM

which one looks higher?
LeBron has the ball with one hand but it's not totally extended, MJ with two hands, obviously with one hand you can go higher...tough to tell really from those angles too.

red1
08-26-2014, 12:19 AM
mj>>lebron. bronny 2nd GOAT doe

dubeta
08-26-2014, 12:19 AM

Jordan's pic is deceiving due to the angle, noone can deny this

The rim is even to his elbow which is clearly above his head, look at his left elbow in that pic

His head is actually below the rim in the pic, the rim is even with his elbow

Jordan stans take the L again :oldlol:

red1
08-26-2014, 12:20 AM

The rim is even to his elbow which is clearly above his head, look at his left elbow in that pic

who unleashed this wild fggt onto this board. cant even go two threads without seeing his filth

poido123
08-26-2014, 12:22 AM
who unleashed this wild fggt onto this board. cant even go two threads without seeing his filth

lebronxrings/dubeta and a few other alts we assume.

We've been calling for their permaban for a while.

Stupid as a bag of rocks and he posts non-stop

dubeta
08-26-2014, 12:23 AM
lebronxrings/dubeta and a few other alts we assume.

We've been calling for their permaban for a while.

Stupid as a bag of rocks and he posts non-stop

Dude do I live so rent free in your head that you have to follow my posts around in every thread? :facepalm

srsly gtfo

poido123
08-26-2014, 12:25 AM
Dude do I live so rent free in your head that you have to follow my posts around in every thread? :facepalm

srsly gtfo

40 year old Nash is better than Irving?

That is just dumb

andgar923
08-26-2014, 12:29 AM

angle might be slightly deceiving, until you compare him to the defender next to him.

One more thing people aren't takin into account is, MJ didn't run to jump up. Took a few steps and jumped straight up with 2 hands.

3ball
08-26-2014, 12:34 AM
actually, both the lebron picture and the jordan picture HAVE THE CORRECT ANGLE THAT ISN'T DISTORTED.

let me explain something i've picked up thru experience.

when the camera angle is shooting DOWNWARD on the player, the player will actually BE as high as they look.

where you run into problems is when the camera is shooting UPWARD at the player - like if the camera is on the ground shooting upwards at a player.... THIS is when the angle is super-distorted... but not when the camera is shooting DOWNWARD, then it's all good.

3ball
08-26-2014, 12:35 AM
gonna give an example.

TheMan
08-26-2014, 12:36 AM

Besides being mentally challenged, your vision sucks too. Look at the ball relative to the backboard. :facepalm

SamuraiSWISH
08-26-2014, 12:40 AM
angle might be slightly deceiving, until you compare him to the defender next to him.

One more thing people aren't takin into account is, MJ didn't run to jump up. Took a few steps and jumped straight up with 2 hands.
Or the fact MJ is 6'4.5 and LeBron is 6'7.5

TheMan
08-26-2014, 12:40 AM

Lol:oldlol:

fpliii
08-26-2014, 12:43 AM

Holy ****ing shit.

Just2McFly
08-26-2014, 12:47 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: mj isnt going to best forever

dubeta
08-26-2014, 12:51 AM
Holy ****ing shit.

Dont worry his head is a good 2-3 inches under the rim
(you could comfortably fit his cawk between the space of his head and the bottom of the rim)

mehyaM24
08-26-2014, 12:57 AM
and if lebron, as big and strong as he is, played in the late '80s or early '90s, he would be more dominant (check what steve smith and kerr said on nba tv a few months back--they are 100% spot on--the greatest indication of a GREAT player is when players from eras previously call that one player dominant).

lebron has shown that he plays well when the game is physical (see: Celtics and Spurs). jordan went to the league front office and snitched out the entire bad boy pistons for "hard fouls" aka the "jordan rules". you never hear lebron complain about being fouled hard. dude plays like a MAN.

Warfan
08-26-2014, 01:00 AM
and if lebron, as big and strong as he is, played in the late '80s or early '90s, he would be more dominant (check what steve smith and kerr said on nba tv a few months back--they are 100% spot on--the greatest indication of a GREAT player is when players from eras previously call that one player dominant).

lebron has shown that he plays well when the game is physical (see: Celtics and Spurs). jordan went to the league front office and snitched out the entire bad boy pistons for "hard fouls" aka the "jordan rules". you never hear lebron complain about being fouled hard. dude plays like a MAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVut91O1m08

And he bitches and cries for fouls during games as well

poido123
08-26-2014, 01:02 AM

Prometheus
08-26-2014, 01:04 AM
you never hear lebron complain about being fouled hard. dude plays like a MAN.

:facepalm

mehyaM24
08-26-2014, 01:05 AM
always the same posters hanging from my nuts.

cant dispute anything posted, so instead just throw out emoticons and red-herrings. idiots. :oldlol:

TheMan
08-26-2014, 01:10 AM

cant dispute anything posted, so instead just throw out emoticons and red-herrings. idiots. :oldlol:
:oldlol:

Prometheus
08-26-2014, 01:13 AM

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9106885/frustrated-lebron-james-questions-chicago-bulls-hard-fouls

"Let me calculate my thoughts real fast before I say (what I want to say)," James said. "I believe and I know that a lot of my fouls are not basketball plays. First of all, Kirk Hinrich in the first quarter basically grabbed me with two hands and brought me to the ground. The last one, Taj Gibson was able to collar me around my shoulder and bring me to the ground. Those are not defensive ... those are not basketball plays."

"It's been happening all year, and I've been able to keep my cool and try to tell Spo, 'Let's not worry about it too much.' But it is getting to me a little bit because every time I try to defend myself, I got to face the consequences of a flagrant for me or a technical foul, whatever the case may be," James said. "It's tough. It's tough. It's very tough, and I'm not sitting here crying about anything because I play the game at a high level. I play with a lot of aggression, and I understand that some of the plays are on the borderline of a basketball play or not, but sometimes you just got to ... I don't know. It's frustrating."

Here it is man:

http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Blunt-psd44100.png

Just take it.

Prometheus
08-26-2014, 01:19 AM
Camera angles where the camera is shooting upwards, will overstate how high a player is....

Camera angles shooting downward are more accurate depictions on how high a player is.

FALSE.

If the camera and the player are on the same side of the rim, then he will appear higher when viewed from below or lower when viewed from above.

If the camera and the player are on opposite sides of the rim, then he will appear higher when viewed from above or lower when viewed from below.

Just hold your fingers level with each other, out in front of you, a few inches apart from one another. Look down on them, and your farther finger will appear higher. Look up at them, and your closer finger will appear higher.

This shit is... very, very simple.

Anyway, LeBron jumps slightly higher off of one leg than Jordan did. Jordan jumps significantly higher off of two feet than LeBron does.

But it's not that big of a thing. Please stop wasting so much time on such a trivial little issue.

sportjames23
08-26-2014, 01:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVut91O1m08

And he bitches and cries for fouls during games as well

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/50/Morton_Ether_1846.jpg/800px-Morton_Ether_1846.jpg

3ball
08-26-2014, 01:21 AM
Ok, here's an angle where the camera is on the ground and shooting UPWARDS to the player - it LOOKS like Jordan's head is by the rim, but it really isn't, which you see clearly in the 2nd GIF.

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/8b5f41082afb09b422b7c351253a4a57.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/375df8654559fa2254034ff44a6e0547.gif

Camera angles where the camera is shooting upwards, will overstate how high a player is....

Camera angles shooting downward are more accurate depictions on how high a player is.

mehyaM24
08-26-2014, 01:22 AM
lebron was responding to a question about receiving a technical foul (incident with nazir mohammed). context.

jordan flat out cried like a little bitch to david stern, and had the league office change the rules. HUGE difference.

Prometheus
08-26-2014, 01:25 AM

I guess you deleted this and then posted it again? Please refer to my post at the end of page six in which I responded to what you've said here.

I'm on your side in every aspect of the Jordan/LeBron comparison but you're WRONG about what you're saying here.

3ball
08-26-2014, 01:29 AM
FALSE.

If the camera and the player are on the same side of the rim, then he will appear higher when viewed from below or lower when viewed from above.

If the camera and the player are on opposite sides of the rim, then he will appear higher when viewed from above or lower when viewed from below.

Just hold your fingers level with each other, out in front of you, a few inches apart from one another. Look down on them, and your farther finger will appear higher. Look up at them, and your closer finger will appear higher.

This shit is... very, very simple.

Anyway, LeBron jumps slightly higher off of one leg than Jordan did. Jordan jumps significantly higher off of two feet than LeBron does.

But it's not that big of a thing. Please stop wasting so much time on such a trivial little issue.
I hear what you are saying, but i provided visual proof of my claims...

i couldn't figure out the fingers thing... post a picture of how you want me to hold my fingers, or describe it a bit better so i can do it.

SamuraiSWISH
08-26-2014, 01:34 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9106885/frustrated-lebron-james-questions-chicago-bulls-hard-fouls

Here it is man:

http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Blunt-psd44100.png

Just take it.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

3ball
08-26-2014, 01:43 AM
-
Like, if Jordan's head in the GIF was actually below the rim, the downward-shooting camera angle would never show his head above the rim as it does here... that would be impossible with a downward shooting camera angle.

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/87d7da9831431bc837573b56737a7e97.jpeg

Whereas an upward shooting camera angle could indeed make it look like a head was above the rim, when it really isn't (see the 1st post on this page) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10482470&postcount=91).

Prometheus
08-26-2014, 01:46 AM
I hear what you are saying, but i provided visual proof of my claims...

i couldn't figure out the fingers thing... post a picture of how you want me to hold my fingers, or describe it a bit better so i can do it.

uhmmm....

okay, forget the fingers thing. Let's just use your video example to demonstrate my point.

We see, from below, that Jordan's head looks higher than the rim, even though it's not. that's because he is on the same side of the rim as the camera.

All you have to do is imagine that they've swapped places. If the player was on the opposite side of the rim, then the rim would appear higher than his head (when viewed from below, of course). got it? It's a really simple matter of angles and perspective. it's like...

looking at a flat piece of wood from either above or below... if you look at it from above, then the far end will appear higher (otherwise you wouldn't see the top of the board)... if you look at it from below, then the closer end will appear higher (otherwise you wouldn't see the bottom of the board)...

is this working?

Prometheus
08-26-2014, 01:49 AM
-
Like, if Jordan's head in the GIF was actually below the rim, the downward-shooting camera angle would never show his head above the rim as it does here... that would be impossible with a downward shooting camera angle.

Whereas an upward shooting camera angle could indeed make it look like a head was above the rim, when it really isn't (see the 1st post on this page) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10482470&postcount=91).

...nah, man. nah. look at the Chicago player in the background (near the far sideline). does his head look level with the rim? he's obviously standing on the floor... if the camera is looking down, then anything farther away will appear higher up than anything closer... if the camera is looking up, then it will be the opposite of what I just said. just think about it.

andgar923
08-26-2014, 01:50 AM
-

Again to add to this, the defender is next to MJ. MJ has his knees close to the defender's face.

dubeta
08-26-2014, 01:54 AM
...nah, man. nah. look at the Chicago player in the background (near the far sideline). does his head look level with the rim? he's obviously standing on the floor... if the camera is looking down, then anything farther away will appear higher up than anything closer... if the camera is looking up, then it will be the opposite of what I just said. just think about it.

:applause:

3ball is legit retarted

bukowski81
08-26-2014, 02:03 AM
Facts about each player

LeBron is 2/5

Jordan is 1/9

2/5>>>1/9

Whats wrong with this dude?

By far the most boring and dumb troll in this forum.

TheMan
08-26-2014, 02:14 AM
Whats wrong with this dude?

By far the most boring and dumb troll in this forum.
I've been saying this forever. 2/5 > 1/9 makes absolutely no sense :facepalm

Paul George 24
08-26-2014, 02:58 AM
:applause:

3ball is legit retarted

NO ONE CAN BE MORE RETARD THAN U :lol

Trollsmasher
08-26-2014, 09:26 AM

He did not need to do this. The Bulls would have won with him taking 15 shots a game. His ball hogging was actually counter productive to the offensive output of his teams. Bulls' best offensive seasons correspond with the seasons in which he took the least amount of shots.

3ball
08-26-2014, 09:30 AM
He did not need to do this. The Bulls would have won with him taking 15 shots a game. His ball hogging was actually counter productive to the offensive output of his teams.

3ball
08-26-2014, 09:31 AM
The player in the background near the far sideline that you reference - he is standing 15 feet away from the rim - he is far from the rim so of course it can look distorted.

My comment that downward camera angles don't overstate the elevation of a player refers to players close to/right at the rim, not for players with material distance away from the rim... In the GIF below, a downward camera angle can't show Jordan's head above the rim if his head isn't really above the rim.. that seems pretty clear.

Also, the shot of Lebron with his head at the rim is the exact same type of downward camera angle as the Jordan shot above - so if the Jordan shot above overstates how high he is, then so does the Lebron shot.

Trollsmasher
08-26-2014, 09:36 AM
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/pauk666/lbjhighjump-1.png

Prometheus
08-26-2014, 06:23 PM
The player in the background near the far sideline that you reference - he is standing 15 feet away from the rim - he is far from the rim so of course it can look distorted.

My comment that downward camera angles don't overstate the elevation of a player refers to players close to/right at the rim, not for players with material distance away from the rim... In the GIF below, a downward camera angle can't show Jordan's head above the rim if his head isn't really above the rim.. that seems pretty clear.

Also, the shot of Lebron with his head at the rim is the exact same type of downward camera angle as the Jordan shot above - so if the Jordan shot above overstates how high he is, then so does the Lebron shot.

Dude... this is really simple, and I'm honestly starting to get frustrated at how dense you're being. I really don't mean any disrespect, but this is very basic spatial recognition...

Here's a concept that might trigger you to realize that you're wrong. Does the far side of the rim in your picture look like it's higher than the near side? Of course it does, because you're looking down at the rim... does the far side of the rim have material distance from the near side? No, of course not, it's two basketball-widths (the diameter of an NBA rim) away from it. This same concept explains why Jordan's elevation looks significantly higher in the picture than it really was.

Again, I'm not taking anything away from Jordan's vertical. It's probably one of a handful that are the greatest in basketball history. His vertical is obviously superior to LeBron's. But your exaggeration via this picture is a result of poor spatial intelligence. Sorry.

TheGreatDeraj
08-26-2014, 06:53 PM

All myths.

Jordan is a better playmaker than Lebron. Lebron overpasses and gives up too many opportunities to score for a pass to a lesser player further away from the basket. Jordan is more aggressive offensively and makes the right play more often.

Rebounding is debatable. Jordan has more skill rebounding, but Lebron is bigger making it easier to get position against bigger guys for the board. However, you rarely see Lebron banging on the boards even though his teams in Miami needed his size for rebounding.

Jordan is by far a better finisher. Jordan had way more versatility in his finishing game. He could finish over anyone with any move. Lebron will bulldoze his way to the rim and if he can't do that he will just kick it out for three.

Lebron is a better athlete than Jordan. Nobody except maybe Shaq has had the physical advantage like Lebron does every time he steps on the court. Bigger, stronger and just as fast.

3ball
08-26-2014, 06:54 PM
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/pauk666/lbjhighjump-1.png

In this NEW camera angle above, if you draw a straight line from the rim to Lebron, it is clear that the rim is level with Lebron's nose/mouth - the way Lebron's body is contorted and because the picture is zoomed in, he can initially look like he's higher than this.. He can also look higher than nose/mouth level in the original camera angle as well, due to the same closer camera shot and body contortion.

More importantly, we can also see from this new camera angle that he is several feet from the basket, so this means his elevation in the original camera angle is overstated.

In the Jordan picture, it is hard to think Jordan's mouth is not level with the rim as it appears to be, especially considering that Jordan's face is maybe an inch or two from the rim in the picture... and again, in this new picture of Lebron, we can see that he is several feet from the basket, so his elevation is overstated in the original downward-shooting angle (where it looks like he could be shoulder-high to the rim, but in the new angle we see that he's only nose/mouth-high to the rim).

Also, the original angle of Lebron was the same downward-shooting camera angle as the Jordan picture, so I would expect that if we had a 2nd angle for Jordan like we have for Lebron above, it would reflect that the rim is ALSO level with Jordan's nose/mouth.