PDA

View Full Version : Kobe has more points than anyone in NBA history by age 36 and...

stalkerforlife
08-26-2014, 01:59 AM
He missed basically an entire season and has been through two lockouts.

:bowdown:

That longevity. :bowdown:

That sustained greatness. :bowdown:

That march towards Kareem. :bowdown:

J Shuttlesworth
08-26-2014, 02:00 AM
All those seasons, 5 rings, and he was only able to win 1 MVP, and 1 FMVP

Dude is maybe 1/3rd of the player Jordan was

stalkerforlife
08-26-2014, 02:02 AM

No one is even close to Jordan.

If Kobe surpasses Kareem, he'll be the 2nd greatest of all time.

dubeta
08-26-2014, 02:03 AM
Kobe will probably be finished and retire 2 points shy of MJ or something :oldlol:

Would be so hilarious, the damage control kobe stans would do :roll:

stalkerforlife
08-26-2014, 02:04 AM
Kobe will probably be finished and retire 2 points shy of MJ or something :oldlol:

We're not concerned with passing MJ on the scoring list, that's a given.

We want Kareem's spot, on the scoring list and on the GOAT list.

J Shuttlesworth
08-26-2014, 02:06 AM

Even with another ring and FMVP, Kobe would still be 5 MVPs short of Kareem. His career will never touch Kareems

dubeta
08-26-2014, 02:07 AM

1 MVP and 2 FMVPs (1 stolen) already limit kobe out of the top 10

Heck Malone is 2nd all time in scoring and no one has him in the top 10 :hammerhead:

Prometheus
08-26-2014, 02:07 AM
Kobe has more points than anyone in NBA history by age 36 and...

no one cares.

sick_brah07
08-26-2014, 02:08 AM

We ? During which seasons were you helping him with his training ?

stalkerforlife
08-26-2014, 02:09 AM
Even with another ring and FMVP, Kobe would still be 5 MVPs short of Kareem. His career will never touch Kareems

I don't care about media awards given out by fat slobs that have to play half court basketball because one time down a full court paralyzes them.

Points are points. Facts are facts.

MVP awards are popular opinions and often wrong.

stalkerforlife
08-26-2014, 02:09 AM
1 MVP and 2 FMVPs (1 stolen) already limit kobe out of the top 10

Heck Malone is 2nd all time in scoring and no one has him in the top 10 :hammerhead:

5 > 0 :hammerhead:

Prometheus
08-26-2014, 02:10 AM
I don't care about media awards given out by fat slobs that have to play half court basketball because one time down a full court paralyzes them.

As opposed to stalkerforlife's opinions, which are pretty much always wrong.

J Shuttlesworth

:facepalm Not in the case of Kareem.

Even if kobe got the MVPs he deserved, he wouldn't be getting 6 MVPs.

stalkerforlife
We ? During which seasons were you helping him with his training ?

Kobe feels my love.

Kobe feels your hate.

Kobe uses both.

stalkerforlife
08-26-2014, 02:11 AM
As opposed to stalkerforlife's opinions, which are pretty much always wrong.

I'm mostly always right about basketball related issues.

No one knows more about the game than me.

sportjames23
08-26-2014, 02:56 AM

I'd get a chuckle outta that. :oldlol:

Smoke117
08-26-2014, 02:59 AM
:facepalm Not in the case of Kareem.

Even if kobe got the MVPs he deserved, he wouldn't be getting 6 MVPs.

If he got the MVP's he deserved then he would have 0 right now...

SouBeachTalents
08-26-2014, 03:14 AM
I'm mostly always right about basketball related issues.

No one knows more about the game than me.

The fact you think Kobe can realistically finish second best all time says otherwise

CavaliersFTW
08-26-2014, 03:39 AM
Blitz's take on the subject of Kobe's scoring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtjA5DGP3HA

cltcfn2924
08-26-2014, 05:28 AM
He missed basically an entire season and has been through two lockouts.

:bowdown:

That longevity. :bowdown:

That sustained greatness. :bowdown:

That march towards Kareem. :bowdown:

The biggest chucker the game has ever seen.

fiddy
08-26-2014, 06:09 AM

future neg

ImKobe
08-26-2014, 07:21 AM
The biggest chucker the game has ever seen.

Yet his career FGA per game is lower than 20

riseagainst
08-26-2014, 10:39 AM

that ended quickly

:oldlol:
:roll:

navy
08-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Most missed shots of all time.

4th in scoring. :yaohappy:

navy
08-26-2014, 10:44 AM

2FMVPs

navy
08-26-2014, 10:45 AM

He's going to be salty as hell when Kobe passes Jordan. :oldlol:

HurricaneKid
08-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Even if kobe got the MVPs he deserved

Zero?

NumberSix
08-26-2014, 10:49 AM
Has anybody missed more shots than kobe?

Ramza
08-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Kobe, my body is ready.

AlphaWolf24
08-26-2014, 12:04 PM

That guy still makes videos??:facepalm

" When comparing Legends you must look at the details":facepalm

"Kobe missed more shots then Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan" :facepalm

Of course he missed more shots.....Kobe shot More 3's in 1 season then MJ did in 5 seasons.....Wilt was 7' tall in the 50's....:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

For someone who claims they know Basketball....why does he constantley dismiss the idea that Basketball in the 50's - 80's was played completley different then the late 90's - 200's:facepalm

jstern
08-26-2014, 01:36 PM

Of course he missed more shots.....Kobe shot More 3's in 1 season then MJ did in 5 seasons.....Wilt was 7' tall in the 50's....:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

For someone who claims they know Basketball....why does he constantley dismiss the idea that Basketball in the 50's - 80's was played completley different then the late 90's - 200's:facepalm

He took that into account.

From a little computer program that I made, Jordan has scored 24,965 points on 24,537 shot attempts. He's plus 428 points.

Kobe so far in his career has scored 23,750 points on 24,374 shot attempts. He's minus -624 points. As in he has scored 23,750 points on 24,374 shot attempts.

And that takes into account points scored on three pointers, and does not include free throws.

CavaliersFTW
08-26-2014, 01:39 PM

didn't you or a few others claim to have run him out of ISH?

dubeta
08-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Huge kobe fan here

Honestly I hope kobe catches kareem somehow, like plays 4-5 more years and finally catches him in all time scoring

That would be a huge achievement, I could finally put him in my top 15 all time :cheers:

Dragic4Life
08-26-2014, 01:47 PM
I'm also a huge Kobe fan (I watched him since his Shaq-riding days) and I'm actually concerned for Kobe if he intends to go chasing meaningless record. I'm worried for his health after NBA.

Trollsmasher
08-26-2014, 01:48 PM
All the youngest ever to records will ultimately be held by LeBron

Kobe will retain only the missed shots records

AlphaWolf24
08-26-2014, 01:52 PM
He took that into account.

From a little computer program that I made, Jordan has scored 24,965 points on 24,537 shot attempts. He's plus 428 points.

Kobe so far in his career has scored 23,750 points on 24,374 shot attempts. He's minus -624 points. As in he has scored 23,750 points on 24,374 shot attempts.

And that takes into account points scored on three pointers, and does not include free throws.

I don't even know what we are arguing about?

Is Jordan a better slasher/finisher around the Rim?....yes. Did Jordan score more points faster then Kobe?.....yes.

- But trying to diminish Kobe's Scoring ability by saying MJ scored faster is pointless....MJ started his career in a much different era and style then Kobe did.Was MJ the teams primary SG/offensive weapon coming into the NBA?...yes

- Kobe played 2 full seasons coming off the Bench.....Kobe has played the majority of his career in a much more perimeter based Game and a much better perimeter defensive era.

- to negate those facts and just use idiot Basketball Math to say ...."MJ did it faster" ...derp....derp....."Kobe is took more shots "....derp......"Kobe's record doesn't mean he is a better scorer"....derp.

- The Wilt reference is just Ignorant......no need to dwell on that.

Dragic4Life
08-26-2014, 01:52 PM
All the youngest ever to records will ultimately be held by LeBron

Kobe will retain only the missed shots records
This.

jstern
08-26-2014, 02:05 PM
I don't even know what we are arguing about?

Is Jordan a better slasher/finisher around the Rim?....yes. Did Jordan score more points faster then Kobe?.....yes.

- But trying to diminish Kobe's Scoring ability by saying MJ scored faster is pointless....MJ started his career in a much different era and style then Kobe did.Was MJ the teams primary SG/offensive weapon coming into the NBA?...yes

- Kobe played 2 full seasons coming off the Bench.....Kobe has played the majority of his career in a much more perimeter based Game and a much better perimeter defensive era.

- to negate those facts and just use idiot Basketball Math to say ...."MJ did it faster" ...derp....derp....."Kobe is took more shots "....derp......"Kobe's record doesn't mean he is a better scorer"....derp.

- The Wilt reference is just Ignorant......no need to dwell on that.

I wasn't arguing, I was responding to your three point comment. I thought that was obvious. Kobe coming off the bench, doesn't affect those stats at all. If anything it makes it better for him since Shaq was the focal point of the defense for the first 8 years of his career. After which, the league changed the rules to make it easier on perimeter players, so that they can play a more Jordan like game. Which must have helped because the year after so many guards, 30 year old guards like Iverson started having career years.

AlphaWolf24
08-26-2014, 02:06 PM
didn't you or a few others claim to have run him out of ISH?

:lol ....He claimed that himself....

His fundamental behavior works much like early versions of MS-DOS.

Type in A and B happens.......Type in B and C happens etc..etc...

- Example: If someone typed in "Player __________ scored ___________ points tonight...it was amazing" ....Then Bruce Bot typed in ( robotics voice) " It was not amazing because Michael Jordan scored more points on better efficiency in September 15th 1987"

That was his program.....I Hacked it

AlphaWolf24
08-26-2014, 02:15 PM
I wasn't arguing, I was responding to your three point comment. I thought that was obvious. Kobe coming off the bench, doesn't affect those stats at all. If anything it makes it better for him since Shaq was the focal point of the defense for the first 8 years of his career. After which, the league changed the rules to make it easier on perimeter players, so that they can play a more Jordan like game. Which must have helped because the year after so many guards, 30 year old guards like Iverson started having career years.

Please explain how playing 20 less minutes per game helps you score faster???

Please explain how playing with with another great player who demands shooting the ball 20 times helps you score faster?

Please explain if Shaq made it easier for Kobe to score...then How did Kobe have his 2003 season when he dropped 40 points per game ( for a month staright) without a healthy Shaq and with Shaq missing games????????

remember this was before the "NBA Changed the rules to make it easier" ( you said so yerself)

next

Deuce Bigalow
08-26-2014, 02:21 PM

Kobe 5/7
Wilt 2/6

jstern
08-26-2014, 02:26 PM
Please explain how playing 20 less minutes per game helps you score faster???

Please explain how playing with with another great player who demands shooting the ball 20 times helps you score faster?

Please explain if Shaq made it easier for Kobe to score...then How did Kobe have his 2003 season when he dropped 40 points per game ( for a month staright) without a healthy Shaq and with Shaq missing games????????

remember this was before the "NBA Changed the rules to make it easier" ( you said so yerself)

next

Focus, we're talking about your response to me about taking into account 3 point percentage, what I responded to you about. About shot taken vspoints scored by Kobe. But you keep going off about non related things that is not related to what I was talking about in a desperate attempt to prop Kobe up.

You said that playing with Shaq had a negative effect on Kobe, while I said that if anything, with Shaq being the focus of the years for Kobe 8 seasons, it most likely helped in the statistic that I was specifically talking about. But you keep going into other things and completely ignoring the original thing that we were talking about. Deflecting or something.

Unfortunately I have to go work now. I'll be back later.

AlphaWolf24
08-26-2014, 02:35 PM
Focus, we're talking about your response to me about taking into account 3 point percentage, what I responded to you about. About shot taken vspoints scored by Kobe. But you keep going off about non related things that is not related to what I was talking about in a desperate attempt to prop Kobe up.

You said that playing with Shaq had a negative effect on Kobe, while I said that if anything, with Shaq being the focus of the years for Kobe 8 seasons, it most likely helped in the statistic that I was specifically talking about. But you keep going into other things and completely ignoring the original thing that we were talking about. Deflecting or something.

exactly what I thought...

With Injured Shaq missing games ...Kobe goes on a scoring spree for the ages....Dropping 40 points a game for a month straight.

( Since you said the league Changed the rules in 2005.....this was 2 years prior)

you can't explain it can you?.....now you gotta "go to work":rolleyes:

It's 2014....yo work don't have computers?.......nearly everyone hear is prolly at work on the computer at some point?

Oh yeah I forgot Taco Bell doesn't allow their employee's to have Wi FI or be on the computer/phone.

next

riseagainst
08-26-2014, 02:37 PM

he had worse stats playing with Shaq than playing without him.

:biggums:

AlphaWolf24
08-26-2014, 02:45 PM
he had worse stats playing with Shaq than playing without him.

:biggums:

Did you not see his post?:lol

From a little computer program that I made

Dude made his own program showing MJ Scored faster?:lol

Then he claims Kobe only scored more points without playing with Shaq because the league rules made it easier.....

and his Programs proof is Allen Iverson or some sh!t:lol