PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Dudley, 1st round pick traded to Bucks for Delfino and Raduljica

Legends66NBA7
08-26-2014, 03:25 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/8/26/6071201/jared-dudley-traded-bucks-clippers-nba

The Clippers have moved Dudley after a disappointing season.

The Los Angeles Clippers have traded Jared Dudley and a future first-round pick to the Milwaukee Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica:

The Clippers acquired Dudley along with J.J. Redick in a three-team deal last offseason that included Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler. Los Angeles hoped Dudley could be a quality starting 3 after several solid seasons with the Phoenix Suns, but the 29-year-old was a major disappointment last season and eventually lost his spot in the rotation.

Dudley averaged 6.9 points and 2.2 rebounds while shooting 43.8 percent overall and 36.0 percent from long range last year. He barely played in the postseason, totaling just 45 minutes of action. The Clippers will reportedly give up a pick in 2017 just to rid themselves of Dudley:

Delfino missed all of last season due to a foot injury, and he may miss all of next season as well. Raduljica, played limited minutes for the Bucks last year, averaging 3.8 points and 2.3 rebounds in 48 games.

Smook A.
08-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Damn. Clips had to give up a 1st round pick just to dump Dudley. That stinks.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-26-2014, 03:35 PM
Raduljica is decent size. I think he graded as one of the better defensive bigs in the NBA last season, granted he didn't play much and it was on the Bucks. Looks like he gave solid minutes when he got more PT in January.

hawkfan
08-26-2014, 03:36 PM
So what did the Clippers get for Bledsoe?

Milbuck
08-26-2014, 03:37 PM
Raduljica is a great pickup for the Clips, nice reserve C to have, he could flourish under Doc.

Really glad Delfino got the **** out, **** that guy. Glad we got a first round pick out of shipping his ass out.

IncarceratedBob
08-26-2014, 03:39 PM
The Clippers actually cut both of these guys once the trade was completed, let them know that their services were not needed.

UK2K
08-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Damn. Clips had to give up a 1st round pick just to dump Dudley. That stinks.
Rox should have offered a 2nd round pick for him. They have the cap space and, well, who cares if he comes in and does nothing, just don't play him.

Kinda like the Pacers did with Bynum. Who knows maybe he comes in and thrives in the Rox offense.

Smook A.
08-26-2014, 03:45 PM
Rox should have offered a 2nd round pick for him. They have the cap space and, well, who cares if he comes in and does nothing, just don't play him.

Kinda like the Pacers did with Bynum. Who knows maybe he comes in and thrives in the Rox offense.
If Dudley was the same player he was in Phoenix, then I'd definitely be up for it. He didn't look like his usual self at all with the Clippers. Don't know what happened to him.

boozehound
08-26-2014, 03:47 PM
The Clippers actually cut both of these guys once the trade was completed, let them know that their services were not needed.
really? Delfino would fit a role on that team and is a better player than he is given credit for. Not sure what he'll be like coming back from injury.

qrich
08-26-2014, 04:03 PM
Delfino is done for the year, probably get an injured player exception.

Raduljica is still an upgrade over all of our bigs from last year.

Stupid Doc.

Crown&Coke
08-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Dudley is garbage

addition by subtraction

oarabbus
08-26-2014, 04:44 PM
Raduljica is a great pickup for the Clips, nice reserve C to have, he could flourish under Doc.

Really glad Delfino got the **** out, **** that guy. Glad we got a first round pick out of shipping his ass out.

He wasn't a bad player on the Bucks, why the hate? Or is it just because he missed the season

Proctor
08-26-2014, 04:52 PM
What's up with Delfino? Feel like he hasn't played in years. :biggums:

boozehound
08-26-2014, 05:00 PM
Delfino is done for the year, probably get an injured player exception.

Raduljica is still an upgrade over all of our bigs from last year.

Stupid Doc.
right, forgot that his injury would keep him out all of this year.

Fudge
08-26-2014, 05:03 PM
What ever happened to Delfino? Like, how bad was his injury? How come I keep reading that his career might be over?

SwishSquared
08-26-2014, 05:26 PM
I wonder what the protections are on that pick. To think Dudley's so bad that nobody wanted him, even with a first rounder attached, shows how badly he's fallen. I know Ariza only shows up in contract years, but the way he played this past season would have been perfect for this Clippers squad. I guess Clips had their hands tied though since they're hard-capped this year at $81M. This brings their roster to 14 spots right?

qrich
08-26-2014, 05:30 PM
I keep reading contradictory reports on whether Delfino is going to play this year or not.

SwishSquared
08-26-2014, 05:33 PM
I keep reading contradictory reports on whether Delfino is going to play this year or not.
From Woj's article:

He is expected to miss part of the 2014-15 season as he recovers from the injury, a league source told Yahoo Sports.
I guess he's coming back mid-year?

qrich
08-26-2014, 05:37 PM
From Woj's article:

I guess he's coming back mid-year?

Initially, I believe Woj said he was done for the year as a whole.

If he is back mid-season, I cna live with it more.

qrich
08-26-2014, 05:41 PM
http://nyloncalculus.com/2014/07/22/protecting-paint-sportvu-rim-protection/

Miroslav was a decent rim protector.

:(

qrich
08-27-2014, 05:58 AM
Delfino will be stretched.

CDR will be signed. One of Udoh/Miroslav will be the fourth big, other will be fifth or not signed/waived

ImKobe
08-27-2014, 06:58 AM
Dudley is garbage

addition by subtraction

Keeps lighting my teams up on 2K14 :rant :rant

wally_world
08-27-2014, 07:01 AM
One of the Suns system players that never have a good season once they left the team. Raja Bell, JDud, and PJ Tucker is the current one.

3peated
08-27-2014, 07:13 AM
Dudley is garbage

addition by subtraction

this. he's one of those players who can look good on a shit team, but not an actual contributor

SwishSquared
08-27-2014, 10:33 AM
The fact that they didn't just stretch Dudley is a little surprising, honestly. If they don't hold onto Radiluca, then it really makes little sense. If you keep Miroslav and stretch Delfino, then the difference in cap space going forward is having like ~$2.3M less for next 3 years vs. $1.7M less for next 5 if you stretch Dudley. With the cap expected to rise, the Dudley hit wouldn't be that bad. This seemed like poor asset management, but I could be wrong depending on their future moves. I figured Clips would want to keep picks to add depth every year, but maybe it wouldn't matter if Doc keeps drafting SGs lol.

morbius
08-27-2014, 10:38 AM
LAC freed some space by getting rid of Dud, poor Delfino will probably be used for injured player exception or waved.

Raduljica is unknown at this time, Doc will probably get rid of him the same way he did with Milicic in Boston. He is a decent rim protector and not much else. It will be interesting to watch him in the world championship with Serbia, he might have improved on his pre-NBA game, though I doubt it.