PDA

View Full Version : I don't see why the Clippers are better contenders than a team like the Warriors

sammichoffate
08-26-2014, 09:32 PM
They've had depth comparable to the Spurs, but can't even make it to the WCF with two all-stars, three if you include DJ. They're honestly the worst "contending" team I can think of other than maybe Indiana last year.

HOoopCityJones
08-26-2014, 09:34 PM
I put them on the exact same level as the Rockets, Warriors, actually.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-26-2014, 09:40 PM
Because they have two top ten players, Doc, and a bunch of other solid/good players surrounding their stars.

But until they actually do anything worth a damn, they shouldn't be considered with SAS and OKC in the West.

rule1223
08-26-2014, 09:41 PM
cuz paul gets overrated, he is consistently on everyones top 5 year after year even when he chokes repeatedly

CelticBalla32
08-26-2014, 09:43 PM
The way I see it... San Antonio is king until they are knocked off.

OKC, Clippers, Warriors, Blazers, Rockets success depends on health and matchups. West is stacked, strong parity. Talent isn't the factor that's going to separate them from each other.

Al Thornton
08-26-2014, 09:48 PM
because they literally just beat the warriors in the playoffs and are better than the warriors

this forum just gets dumber every second

tgan3
08-26-2014, 09:51 PM
They were better than Thunder, refs helped thunder. They should have went to the western finals, not that it matters as they will still lose to the spurs..

Nuff Said
08-26-2014, 11:01 PM
Lol. Clippers beat warriors and damn near OKC and yet are the worse team?

HOoopCityJones
08-26-2014, 11:34 PM
Lol. Clippers beat warriors and damn near OKC and yet are the worse team?

Even if we wanna pretend they were gonna beat OKC, they absolutely get taken to the rape shed vs Clippers.

masonanddixon
08-26-2014, 11:35 PM
You'll never win anything with Chris Paul as your best player and Doc Rivers is an AA recipient. The rest of that team is unbelievably stacked and manages to always underperform.

J Shuttlesworth
08-26-2014, 11:36 PM
Want to see the Warriors with a healthy Bogut this year

CelticBalla32
08-27-2014, 12:06 AM
because they literally just beat the warriors in the playoffs and are better than the warriors

Nah, chill it's not a dumb thing to talk about. Last year is last year.

EDIT: Al Thornton lol. I thought he was gonna be a lot better.

SpecialQue
08-27-2014, 12:07 AM
The Clippers and Warriors aren't even on the Grizzlies' level, to be honest. The Grizz are underrated as fvck here, as always.

Encre92
08-27-2014, 12:10 AM
Clippers are way better than the Warriors.

Heck, even the Suns are better than the Warriors.

Beastmode88
08-27-2014, 12:12 AM
Clippers are way better than the Warriors.

Heck, even the Suns are better than the Warriors.

What happened dragic? Did your Dragic4Life get perma banned?

Cali Syndicate
08-27-2014, 03:15 AM

Are they though? It took them 7 games and that was without the warriors defensive anchor which was why Jordan went ham on the glass and was the X factor for that series.

bdreason
08-27-2014, 05:54 AM
Because the Clippers have two players that are arguably better than any player on the Warriors.

It's close though. Clippers may be better on paper, but the Warriors can take them in a series.

qrich
08-27-2014, 06:12 AM
They just beat the Warriors, most recently, and greatly improved the roster, especially up front with Davis/Hawes/Udoh/Miroslav instead of Davis/Hollins/Mullens/Jamison.

SyRyanYang
08-27-2014, 06:26 AM
They just beat the Warriors, most recently, and greatly improved the roster, especially up front with Davis/Hawes/Udoh/Miroslav instead of Davis/Hollins/Mullens/Jamison.

They barely beat us without bogut and later J'O.
David Lee was playing center for God sake.

k0kakw0rld
08-27-2014, 07:18 AM
The way I see it... San Antonio is king until they are knocked off.

OKC, Clippers, Warriors, Blazers, Rockets success depends on health and matchups. West is stacked, strong parity. Talent isn't the factor that's going to separate them from each other.
**** your teams lol Grizzlies are slept on again. I was seeing them in the WCF if it wasn't for those rigged games 6 & 7 vs okc in this year's playoffs

k0kakw0rld
08-27-2014, 07:21 AM
What happened dragic? Did your Dragic4Life get perma banned?
He saw Dragbitch getting manhandled by usa yesterday M.I.A since

SwishSquared
08-27-2014, 09:57 AM
They barely beat us without bogut and later J'O.
David Lee was playing center for God sake.
People discount that those small lineups (with Green at PF for example) spread the floor so well that the Clippers had major issues defending. Sure, Lee's awful at protecting the rim, but GSW kept up scoring-wise. Warriors best lineup last season had Bogut at C with 4 perimeter guys to stretch the floor and they had decent success with similar lineups, just with Lee @ C.

Crown&Coke
08-27-2014, 11:46 AM
I want to see what Steve Kerr can do first.

Talent-riddled roster, rookie coach.

Clippers have had a year to marinate together, even if I think Rivers is overrated

JerrySeinfeld
08-27-2014, 12:34 PM
They were better than Thunder, refs helped thunder. They should have went to the western finals, not that it matters as they will still lose to the spurs..

I guess I don't recall that series being half as bad as some posters on ISH act like it was. Yeah the refs blew the out of bounds call in game 5 but it was a foul anyways and the Clippers were only in that position because they choked a big lead away.

I think the Clippers problem is defense. We saw it in the OKC series. They didn't have anyone to guard Durant or Westbrook. And DeAndre Jordan gets overrated as well in my opinion.

Also, If I've noticed one thing from lurking on ISH, it's that too many posters blame the refs too much.

oarabbus
08-27-2014, 03:57 PM

Yep it got dumber since you returned :lol
We are the better team :banana:

Sambacher
08-27-2014, 04:21 PM
Yeah I've never understood the overhyping of the Clippers. They are constantly talked about in top 5 teams and it makes no sense to me when they really haven't done anything significant in the postseason to this point. I'd say they are right there with the Warriors. If Blake and CP3 weren't allowed to flop every other play they might be a little bit worse than the Warriors.

Sambacher
08-27-2014, 04:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Nm4PQLxzA

clipps
08-27-2014, 05:39 PM
Oakland will forever be inferior to So Cal.

Clippers, Angels, Chargers, Ducks>>>Warriors, A's, Raiders.

oarabbus
08-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Oakland will forever be inferior to So Cal.

Clippers, Angels, Chargers, Ducks>>>Warriors, A's, Raiders.

NINERS DOE Greatest CA franchise, NorCal represent :banana: :rockon: