PDA

View Full Version : WR Josh Gordon suspended 1 year for smoking weed...

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 01:20 PM
:roll:

The NFL is a joke.

Ray Rice knocked his wife out in an elevator and got 2 games!

chosen_one6
08-27-2014, 01:22 PM
Gordon was a repeat offender though. Not exactly the same circumstances

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 01:25 PM

A repeat weed smoker?! :roll: Oh, no!

I don't smoke and I don't even agree with smoking it for others, but I certainly know it isn't bad enough to suspend an employee for a year over!

DukeDelonte13
08-27-2014, 01:25 PM
And here I was hearing rumors that he was going to be let off easy. Why as a Browns fan do I always get my hopes up when I am always disappointed?

DukeDelonte13
08-27-2014, 01:27 PM

I don't smoke and I don't even agree with smoking it for others, but I certainly know it isn't bad enough to suspend an employee for a year over!

Every year in college, every year in the NFL, and last season it was for purple drank.

I agree that it's just weed, but when you are on stage 3, and you know you are facing a year suspension and you still smoke? WTF.

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 01:27 PM
And here I was hearing rumors that he was going to be let off easy. Why as a Browns fan do I always get my hopes up when I am always disappointed?

Sorry to hear, bro. The suspension is laughable.

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 01:28 PM
Every year in college, every year in the NFL, and last season it was for purple drank.

I agree that it's just weed, but when you are on stage 3, and you know you are facing a year suspension and you still smoke? WTF.

True.

Patrick Chewing
08-27-2014, 02:21 PM
Man what a tough life for these professional athletes that they can't seem to keep it clean for just a few months.

christian1923
08-27-2014, 02:25 PM

Brandon merriweather is a six Time offender for hitting defenseless player, that could ruin a career. only got 2 games.. It's a broken system

DeuceWallaces
08-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Dude is a straight idiot. In the highest tier of the program, but still gets busted for a DUI AND he can't lay off the weed.

Nanners
08-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Brandon merriweather is a six Time offender for hitting defenseless player, that could ruin a career. only got 2 games.. It's a broken system

yeah the repeat offender argument pretty much goes out the window when you look at the kind of punishment handed out to other repeat offenders like brandon merriweather or brandon marshall.

check out this list of brandon marshalls achievements -

Oct. 31, 2004: During his junior year at Central Florida, Marshall was arrested at a Denny’s restaurant in Orlando, Fla., on charges of assault on a police officer, disorderly conduct, trespass and resisting arrest without violence and refusal to obey. The charges were dismissed.

April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets, valued at $19.99, to a Burlington Coat Factory. The charge was dropped.

June 17, 2006: Marshall and longtime girlfriend Rasheedah Watley both filed police reports alleging physical abuse by the other in a long altercation at an Orlando apartment. No arrests or charges were made.

Jan. 1, 2007: Marshall was at the Denver nightclub Shelter with Broncos teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams, attending a birthday party for Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the group left the club in a limousine, Williams was shot fatally in the neck by an unknown assailant. Walker later said the shooter was likely another man at the nightclub who was seeking retaliation after an altercation with Marshall's cousin that evening. Marshall testified at the trial of gunman Willie Clark that he helped escalate the dispute that led to Williams' death.

Jan. 24, 2007: According to the Denver Post, police interviewed Marshall and his father after an argument in an Orlando parking lot. Marshall claimed his father tried to hit him with his car. His father claimed Marshall had fired a gun. Both men declined to press charges.

March 18, 2007: In Atlanta, Watley told police Marshall punched her and took her purse while in a hotel. Marshall was gone before police arrived. No charges were filed.

March 21, 2007: According to the Denver Post, police in Palm Beach County, Fla., interviewed Marshall and Watley twice in the same night after two loud arguments. Both said the disturbances were not physical in nature. No arrests or charges were made.

March 26, 2007: Marshall was arrested in a Denver suburb on suspicion of domestic violence. Watley reported Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house. Marshall completed anger management counseling and the charges were dropped two months later.

June 8, 2007: According to the Denver Post, two incident reports were filed by Atlanta police. A friend of Watley’s claimed Marshall hit her car and then threw a rock at the passenger door as Watley was riding in the passenger seat. Watley also told police Marshall cut her in the thigh and punched her in the face. She was taken by ambulance to a local hospital. Marshall was not present when police arrived. No charges were filed.

June 30, 2007: According to the Denver Post, Watley told Atlanta police Marshall punched and choked her at his condo. She had a bruise and scratches. Marshall was not present when police arrived. No charges were filed.

Oct. 22, 2007: Marshall was arrested in Denver and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. He was pulled over driving the wrong way on a one-way street hours after a game. He later pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability-impaired and was sentenced to one year of probation and 24 hours of community service.

March 6, 2008: Marshall was arrested on charges of misdemeanor battery in Atlanta after a dispute with Watley. She told police he punched her in the mouth and eye. Marshall said he cut his hand on glass.

Aug. 6, 2008: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Marshall for three games for violating the league’s personal conduct policy. The suspension was reduced to one regular-season game and a fine of an additional game check, costing him $52,353.

March 1, 2009: Marshall was arrested in Atlanta on disorderly conduct charges after allegedly being involved in a dispute with then-fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell, now his wife. Charges were dropped the next day.

Aug. 14, 2009: Marshall was found not guilty on the battery charges from the March 2008 arrest in Atlanta.

April 23, 2011: Marshall was taken to Broward General Medical Center after Nogami-Campbell stabbed him in the abdomen at their Florida home. Nogami-Campbell told police she stabbed Marshall “out of self-defense.”

Sunday: Marshall is accused by a 24-year-old woman of punching her in the eye, leaving a black eye, in an altercation outside a club in New York. Marshall’s attorney says it was Marshall’s wife that was injured and says the couple are the true victims in the case.

christian1923
08-27-2014, 03:02 PM
yeah the repeat offender argument pretty much goes out the window when you look at the kind of punishment handed out to other repeat offenders like brandon merriweather or brandon marshall.

check out this list of brandon marshalls achievements -
Yeah and this program Josh Gordon was in was just begging for him to get in trouble. 70+ test in one year?? That's ridiculous. Half the NfL smokes and if you're not in the program you only get tested for street drugs once a year between April 20th and august 9th.

It doesn't seem like they're trying to crack down on drugs the way they handle their testing policy. I don't understand the message they're sending by suspending an all pro receiver for a season.

Holy shit Marshall use to be a criminal lol

boozehound
08-27-2014, 03:18 PM
this is ****ing dumb. He has something like 2 positive tests over 70 piss tests. The second test was barely positive (and fell within the range for a false positive). What does a repeat offender get for PEDs?

Meanwhile, Ray Rice drug the limp body of his wife (or whatever) out of an elevator after knocking her the **** out........

Kensta
08-27-2014, 03:23 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/p526x296/10371399_359010654252935_3295070866966488262_n.jpg

~primetime~
08-27-2014, 03:28 PM
I really think that their past histories had a lot of influence on the ban times...Gordon vs. Rice

Gordon has been a known bonehead throughout college, was kicked off his college team for drug use, and had to enter the Supplementary Draft because he couldn't keep it straight.

Rice was seen as "the most humble player I've ver played with" (Ray Lewis)...his record was flawless and after the incident both he and his wife held press conferences where he apologized and his wife stood by his side.

Brandon Marshall is another story though...dude shouldn't be playing football at all with that list

boozehound
08-27-2014, 03:35 PM
I really think that their past histories had a lot of influence on the ban times...Gordon vs. Rice

Gordon has been a known bonehead throughout college, was kicked off his college team for drug use, and had to enter the Supplementary Draft because he couldn't keep it straight.

Rice was seen as "the most humble player I've ver played with" (Ray Lewis)...his record was flawless and after the incident both he and his wife held press conferences where he apologized and his wife stood by his side.

Brandon Marshall is another story though...dude shouldn't be playing football at all with that list
that may be so, but to the casual public it basically looks like the NFL is saying domestic abuse is not a big deal. especially compared to someone having 1 positive test out of 70 in a year.

Look at the broncos kicker. He got suspended 4 games for drinking a beer. People dont care that it is a repeat offense after a DUI. he drank a ****ing beer on vacation. meanwhile Ray rice beat the **** out of a women and got half of that? This commissioner is an idiot.

To be clear, I dont really care about the yearlong suspension. But, if you do that, you cant let guys off lightly for publicly battering their spouse. Ray Rice should have got at least a year.

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 03:39 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/p526x296/10371399_359010654252935_3295070866966488262_n.jpg

:roll:

Nanners
08-27-2014, 03:43 PM
i dont give a shit if ray rice was mother theresa prior to his incident, the punishment for knocking someone out cold and dragging them around should be more servere than the punishment for getting busted smoking pot 1000 times.

assault is not in the same ballpark as smoking some weed. we are comparing a misdemeanor with a felony.

~primetime~
08-27-2014, 03:44 PM
that may be so, but to the casual public it basically looks like the NFL is saying domestic abuse is not a big deal. especially compared to someone having 1 positive test out of 70 in a year.

Look at the broncos kicker. He got suspended 4 games for drinking a beer. People dont care that it is a repeat offense after a DUI. he drank a ****ing beer on vacation. meanwhile Ray rice beat the **** out of a women and got half of that? This commissioner is an idiot.

To be clear, I dont really care about the yearlong suspension. But, if you do that, you cant let guys off lightly for publicly battering their spouse. Ray Rice should have got at least a year.
I kind of agree that it looks bad from the outside...I do think RR had a couple things go in his favor though, the biggest thing being his wife's refusal to press charges and basically trying to convince others that she was part of the problem. They got married AFTER the incident.

http://ronehiphopnc2.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/greg-hardy.jpg

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/img/photos/2014/05/13/ca/8e/Greg-Hardy.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/14/article-2628268-1DD7ACF300000578-723_634x630.jpg

^^^ Panthers player Greg Hardy is still waiting to hear from the NFL

he was found guilty on 2 counts of domestic violence

we'll see how that goes...

GOBB
08-28-2014, 08:05 AM
Whatever happened to Jim irsay

Clyde
08-28-2014, 10:17 AM

weed, codine, DUI, repeat offender, problems in college......

thems the rules, drugs are a banned substance i the nfl, dont do them

Clyde
08-28-2014, 10:18 AM
Whatever happened to Jim irsay

Nothing as of yet. And I doubt nothing will.

Godzuki
08-28-2014, 10:22 AM
this is ****ing dumb. He has something like 2 positive tests over 70 piss tests. The second test was barely positive (and fell within the range for a false positive). What does a repeat offender get for PEDs?

Meanwhile, Ray Rice drug the limp body of his wife (or whatever) out of an elevator after knocking her the **** out........

he also has a DUI pending...

idiots like him deserve zero sympathy. its nobody's fault but his own.

2 Steelers RB's were just busted for weed, and will probably get very minor disciplines unless they have priors. its the way everything works.

ILLsmak
08-28-2014, 10:33 AM

well, nobody beats their wife like that for the first time. That's someone with experience.

Dudes lie, like the guy who said "I jumped off the balcony to save my nephew and sprained my ankles!" That's why severity of the act should be just as important as repeat offending. If dude likes to slap his wife and is always slapping her is he worse than dude who beat his wife unconscious? I personally don't think so...

And smoking weed. lol. Weed is ****ing legal in some states now. I can't believe they are coming down so hard on weed. May as well make alcohol illegal, too.

-Smak

NBAplayoffs2001
08-28-2014, 11:05 AM
i dont give a shit if ray rice was mother theresa prior to his incident, the punishment for knocking someone out cold and dragging them around should be more servere than the punishment for getting busted smoking pot 1000 times.

assault is not in the same ballpark as smoking some weed. we are comparing a misdemeanor with a felony.
:applause:

Roger Goddell is the devil. Dude ruined the NFL. No kickoffs anymore like really? :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

All of these rules about not being able to dunk the ball after scoring a touchdown and they were considering at one point of taking away punt returns to "protect players" :facepalm :facepalm

This is why I stopped watching football entirely.

Kblaze8855
08-28-2014, 03:51 PM
He signed a contract knowing it included drug testing and got caught on drugs 3 times.

My friend works for BMW....he gets caught in a random drug test once hes fired.

He...like this dude....works for a union that has a CBA where the PLAYERS agreed on the punishments for drugs.

It wasn't pulled out of nowhere.

Its in the deal he agreed to when he decided to join a league that would make him a millionaire in return.

I don't care about smoking weed.....but at some point...dudes just a ****ing idiot.

Already caught multiple times....

About to cash in on your 50-100 million dollar deal...

Cant lay off for a while?

Hes an idiot. What Ray Rice got has nothing to do with it.

There are mandatory CBA agreed to penalties for what he did.

He knew it...did it anyway. **** him.

People with a family to feed living check to check get fired over being late with a flat tire. This dude fails 3 drug tests and gets suspended.....and allowed to come back to make millions.

He does not need defending.

Nanners
08-28-2014, 03:53 PM
He signed a contract knowing it included drug testing and got caught on drugs 3 times.

He...like this dude....works for a union that has a CBA where the PLAYERS agreed on the punishments for drugs.

Its in the deal he agreed to when he decided to join a league that would make him a millionaire in return.

I don't care about smoking weed.....but at some point...dudes just a ****ing idiot.

People with a family to feed living check to check get fired over being late with a flat tire. This dude fails 3 drug tests and gets suspended.....and allowed to come back to make millions.

i dont deny that josh gordon is an idiot and i realize that his punishment is dictated by the rules of the CBA.

i am saying the rules of the CBA are dumb as fvck and need to be changed. the comparison with ray rice only highlights how fvcking stupid the CBA rules are.

stalkerforlife
08-28-2014, 03:57 PM

Yeah...no.

~primetime~
08-28-2014, 04:03 PM
I do wish that people separated Gordon from Rice here...listing to most fans you would think smoking pot ONCE = year ban...this moron can't be found without a blunt in his mouth

NFL on domestic violence: 6 games for 1st offense; lifetime ban afterward (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24684855/nfl-on-domestic-violence-6-game-ban-for-1st-offense-lifetime-ban-for-2nd-offense)

Nanners
08-28-2014, 04:07 PM
I do wish that people separated Gordon from Rice here...listing to most fans you would think smoking pot ONCE = year ban...this moron can't be found without a blunt in his mouth

NFL on domestic violence: 6 games for 1st offense; lifetime ban afterward (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24684855/nfl-on-domestic-violence-6-game-ban-for-1st-offense-lifetime-ban-for-2nd-offense)

i dont care if gordon was smoking weed on the goddamn football field during halftime, any sane person knows that punishment for weed should never even be in the same ballpark as assault.

~primetime~
08-28-2014, 04:10 PM
i dont care if gordon smoked weed on the goddamn football field during halftime, any sane person knows that punishment for weed should never even be in the same ballpark as assault.
I agree and I think rule changes will soon reflect that

right now the NFL lumps every single drug into the same category...Gordon just "failed the substance abuse policy" to them, they don't care which substance it is.

~primetime~
08-28-2014, 04:13 PM
All that said I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for Gordon

If the NFL declared that "wearing green hats results in a ban" and you get caught wearing a green hat 3 fckin times?...that's YOUR FAULT...the NFL is a private league, they can make all the retarded rules they want and if you want to play in the NFL you should follow their stupid rules.

Nanners
08-28-2014, 04:14 PM
right now the NFL lumps every single drug into the same category...Gordon just "failed the substance abuse policy" to them, they don't care which substance it is.

yep, this is just beyond retarded. the robert mathis suspension is probably even dumber than the gordon one. mathis got twice as many games as rice and he was a first time offender taking a goddamn fertility drug.

Nanners
08-28-2014, 04:17 PM
All that said I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for Gordon

If the NFL declared that "wearing green hats results in a ban" and you get caught wearing a green hat 3 fckin times?...that's YOUR FAULT...the NFL is a private league, they can make all the retarded rules they want and if you want to play in the NFL you should follow their stupid rules.

correct. the nfl is allowed to make retarded rules, and the fans are allowed to talk shit about how retarded the rules are.

~primetime~
08-28-2014, 04:22 PM
correct. the nfl is allowed to make retarded rules, and the fans are allowed to talk shit about how retarded the rules are.
correct...I was just pointing out that I don't feel bad for Gordon, he is a moron

Nanners
08-28-2014, 04:26 PM
correct...I was just pointing out that I don't feel bad for Gordon, he is a moron

i think gordon is a moron but i do feel sorry for him. he is still a very young man and a lot of his "strikes" date back to when he was 18-19, young people (especially athletes) make mistakes, what he did was not particularly bad, and his punishment does not fit his crime.

Kblaze8855
08-28-2014, 04:38 PM
i dont deny that josh gordon is an idiot and i realize that his punishment is dictated by the rules of the CBA.

i am saying the rules of the CBA are dumb as fvck and need to be changed. the comparison with ray rice only highlights how fvcking stupid the CBA rules are.

One has nothing to do with the other.

Can you fail 3 drug tests and keep your job?

He can.

If anything....the NFL is more lenient of drugs than most decent jobs.

Hell....I could get a domestic charge and get NO punishment from my job.

I cant fail 3 work administered drug tests.

What job lets you fail 3 drug tests without firing you?

He isnt even fired...

hes suspended. Hes going to make MILLIONS more dollars.

Why should he be held to a lower standard than the rest of us?

Nanners
08-28-2014, 04:53 PM

He can.

He isnt even fired...

i dont know where you have been working, i have a great job and i dont get drug tested at all.

Kblaze8855
08-28-2014, 05:07 PM
Nor do I...but anywhere that does drug test doesnt let you fail 3 and not fire you. Tens of millions of americans are subject to drug testing at work at some point. Fail...dont work.

You dont fail over and over and over and get suspended.

The players have it better than most anyone else who gets drug tests.

I know people who have worked at Michelin for 30 years. If they fail a drug test they get fired.

Thats what happens....when your job drug tests.

The risk is yours to take.

Nanners
08-28-2014, 05:12 PM
Nor do I...but anywhere that does drug test doesnt let you fail 3 and not fire you. Tens of millions of americans are subject to drug testing at work at some point. Fail...dont work.

You dont fail over and over and over and get suspended.

tens of millions of americans dont play for the nfl. the nfl is not like other jobs, the only goods/services provided by the league is entertainment. the nfl would not exist without fan support, i am a fan saying that their drug policy is dumb.

i can understand getting fired for failing three drug tests if you are something like an air traffic controller, but for someone who runs around and catches a football it makes no fvcking sense.

DeuceWallaces
08-28-2014, 05:19 PM
It makes no sense at most every job you get drug tested for. Doesn't matter, the guy is a total nitwit who's failed god knows how many drug tests and gets a DUI while under the program.

He's just a jackass.

Kblaze8855
08-28-2014, 05:28 PM
Leagues have had fan support suffer terribly over public perception that its just a bunch of black guys on drugs. It nearly killed the NBA at one point.

Players publicly being on drugs does not help the league. Leagues arent PC because its fun. They are PC because its good for business. A lot of Browns fans dont even want him back because he reflects poorly on them and the team.

And im not saying you should be fired/banned from the league for smoking weed. Im saying....dude has a job that drug tests and is more lenient about failing than just about any other on earth.

The NFL gives more chances than any other job that drug tests. IF he cant live within the very simple guidelines....hes a jackass who doesnt deserve the lifestyle the NFL affords him.

The NFL unlike some sports....doesnt need any individual.

The Browns are gonna have 65-70 thousand people show up to watch a terrible team.

This dude signs a contract knowing not only that he will be tested...but for the most part when(Chris Carter went into how stupid you have to be to get caught the way the NFL does it) and gets caught 3 times.

Is he fired? No.

Hes told he has to wait a year for millions more dollars.

And we get on here acting like he got the book thrown at him.

Dude got off easier than tens of millions would in his situation....because the players union negotiated a deal allowing you to get caught over and over and over and over....

And suffer no serious consequence.

Oh...he cant play football in the NFL from age 23 to 24?

I think he will be fine.

Nanners
08-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Leagues have had fan support suffer terribly over public perception that its just a bunch of black guys on drugs. It nearly killed the NBA at one point.

Players publicly being on drugs does not help the league. Leagues arent PC because its fun. They are PC because its good for business. A lot of Browns fans dont even want him back because he reflects poorly on them and the team.

:oldlol:

give me a break, gordon smoking weed doesnt do shit to the nfls public perception compared to something like ray rice knocking his wife unconscious then dragging her around a casino.

besides, gordon is not "publicly on drugs". he did his business in private, its the nfl who publicized his drug test results. you dont want the public to know your players are on drugs, dont fvcking tell them. its not like footballs were bouncing off his facemask because he was too stoned during a game to catch the ball.

Kblaze8855
08-28-2014, 05:45 PM
Did I say it did?

You said you dont care.

Many do.

The nfl doesnt care morally about drug use. It cares about its bottom line.

Dude was in stage 3....meaning he can be drug tested up to 10 times a month.

He kept doing drugs.

That doesnt mean the NFL drug policy is awful.

It means....he wants to do drugs more than play in the NFL.

Once he makes that decision...its on him.

If it were the NFL being so draconian....dont you think this would happen more often?

Far as I can find...

4 guys got this year long suspension...since 1989.

There are over 2000 NFL players a season between injury, cuts, practice squads and so on.

If a few guys out of ten thousand **** up enough to get suspended...its not the program.

Its a few guys being ****ing idiots.

They do NOT need defending.

He decided entertaining you is less important than drugs.

Be mad at him.

Not that he owes any of us anything either.

He picked drugs over football.

His choice. Nobody forced it on him.

Nanners
08-28-2014, 05:48 PM
Did I say it did?

You said you dont care.

Many do.

i never said everyone needs to agree with me. i am just saying that as a fan of the nfl, in my opinion, the way the nfl has handled the gordon and rice suspensions has been asanine, and these situations have soured my opinion of the NFL.

Smoke117
08-28-2014, 05:55 PM
The funniest thing about this is there are so many football players who are addicted to pain killers and destroying their liver and kidneys, but it's marijuana which gets you suspended...a drug that does little to no harm and has no performance enhancing qualities...go figure.

ROCSteady
08-28-2014, 10:24 PM

I like you a lot, you're very smart with lots of good points and a voice of reason the heavy majority of the time.

HOWEVER...

I hate it when people try to compare standarized, even if affulent, real world jobs to those of professional athletes. Your friend at BMW more than likely needs to have sharp mental facilities all day on the clock to perform to his expected duties. He (presumably) works with his mind exclusively, unless he's in manufacturing which could bring an element of physical danger into the mix. Sure pro athletes require focus minds in film study and whatnot but when it boils down to it, the guy runs and catches a ball for millions of dollars.

I know he represents a billion dollar business but it's silly to think marijuana is affecting his main duties to the point of hazard. If anything, these guys that use marijuana after practice and games are probably improving the quality of their life to deal or distract with aches and pain.

I still have zero sympathy for Gordon though, the guy knowingly repeated the same mistakes over and over and over again for the last few years so he's just a stupid human being in that regard. I also agree with you that Ray Rice's incident has no bearing on this independent case and those who always are comparing the two are pretty short sighted and only looking at it from a macro perspective and not considering or ignoring other circumstances.

DeuceWallaces
08-28-2014, 10:36 PM
I like you a lot, you're very smart with lots of good points and a voice of reason the heavy majority of the time.

HOWEVER...

I hate it when people try to compare standarized, even if affulent, real world jobs to those of professional athletes. Your friend at BMW more than likely needs to have sharp mental facilities all day on the clock to perform to his expected duties. He (presumably) works with his mind exclusively, unless he's in manufacturing which could bring an element of physical danger into the mix. Sure pro athletes require focus minds in film study and whatnot but when it boils down to it, the guy runs and catches a ball for millions of dollars.

I know he represents a billion dollar business but it's silly to think marijuana is affecting his main duties to the point of hazard. If anything, these guys that use marijuana after practice and games are probably improving the quality of their life to deal or distract with aches and pain.

I still have zero sympathy for Gordon though, the guy knowingly repeated the same mistakes over and over and over again for the last few years so he's just a stupid human being in that regard. I also agree with you that Ray Rice's incident has no bearing on this independent case and those who always are comparing the two are pretty short sighted and only looking at it from a macro perspective and not considering or ignoring other circumstances.

The fact you had to qualify nearly every sentence should lead you to realize that you have a shitty argument.

A dude selling cars at BMW is not in danger by getting high. WTF does "works exclusively with his mind" even mean? :lol

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-28-2014, 10:36 PM
well, nobody beats their wife like that for the first time. That's someone with experience.

Dudes lie, like the guy who said "I jumped off the balcony to save my nephew and sprained my ankles!" That's why severity of the act should be just as important as repeat offending. If dude likes to slap his wife and is always slapping her is he worse than dude who beat his wife unconscious? I personally don't think so...

And smoking weed. lol. Weed is ****ing legal in some states now. I can't believe they are coming down so hard on weed. May as well make alcohol illegal, too.

-Smak
so that was a lie?

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-28-2014, 10:38 PM

He can.

He isnt even fired...

Why are we comparing professional sports to regular ordinary jobs?

Because of this, Gordon's test results would have been negative for marijuana if considered under other professional sports testing regimens -- including the strict Olympic standard and Major League Baseball -- the federal workplace testing standards and various state testing standards, including California and Nevada, which govern boxing and MMA.

NFL needs to get it together.

longhornfan1234
08-28-2014, 10:58 PM
When you sign an NFL contract you agree to abide by their set of rules/laws. As far as the NFL is concerned... weed is an illegal substance. The rule says you cannot use it and he's broken that rule 3 times now.

It was Rice's first transgression of the personal conduct policy and there were no charges filed because his fiance married him to avoid testifying against him. Legally the NFL had no case to suspend him at all.... but they gave him the 2 games in a PR effort (which has backfired). It should have been zero games or 8 games. This is Gordon's 3rd transgression of the illegal substance policy (technically 4th because he came in with one strike) so I don't see how people aren't understanding why his punishment is so hefty. He had a lot of chances and he ran through all of them (pretty quickly I might add).

Also.... keep in mind that Gordon also has a pending DUI that has yet to go to court so even when he gets reinstated next year he will probably face a 1-2 game suspension because of that. People need to quit bitching about how this is BS or unfair. This kid has totally brought it on himself.

ROCSteady
08-29-2014, 12:30 AM
The fact you had to qualify nearly every sentence should lead you to realize that you have a shitty argument.

A dude selling cars at BMW is not in danger by getting high. WTF does "works exclusively with his mind" even mean? :lol

I wasn't sure what his friend actually did for BMW, could have been a number of things. Didn't want to assume anything.

I wasn't even really trying to make a strong argument about anything other than it's somewhat short sighted and foolish to compare most legal occupations to entertainment millionaire ones. In this case, producing on the field and performing at that particular job is somewhat free spirited and instinctual.

Dunno how you can't have an idea to answer your own last question. Jobs where your employer relies on you to be clear thinking with fast retention/recall and mental discipline, jobs where physical attributes are basically irrelevant.

Kblaze8855
08-29-2014, 08:57 AM
I wasnt comparing it in a "It should be the same way" approach. Im saying....the NFL players have it incredibly easy far as on the job drug testing and getting away with it.....so I don't see how they are the bad guy.

They have as lax a drug policy as any job that drug tests. Which may be why only 4-5 of 4-5 thousand reached the point this idiot has.

We all know many players use drugs.

They don't seem to be getting year long suspensions.

Whats the difference?

The idiocy of the player in question....or him having a greater desire to use drugs than play football.

Neither of which is the NFLs fault. And neither justify a speck of time spent defending him.

He isn't who you judge the policy by.

Why not look at the 2,000 people....who ARENT suspended?

Hes the outlier. The rules are fine.

Hes an idiot or hes utterly unconcerned with football.

No rational case for this being some travesty of justice.

Dude is just a ****up.

He signed a contract not to do drugs in exchange for millions of dollars...he did them anyway...MANY times....

Its the jobs fault though and not his? The Job did him wrong....even though he failed 3 times to even get to this point....at which...he still isn't fired....

Godzuki
08-29-2014, 09:43 AM
:oldlol:

give me a break, gordon smoking weed doesnt do shit to the nfls public perception compared to something like ray rice knocking his wife unconscious then dragging her around a casino.

besides, gordon is not "publicly on drugs". he did his business in private, its the nfl who publicized his drug test results. you dont want the public to know your players are on drugs, dont fvcking tell them. its not like footballs were bouncing off his facemask because he was too stoned during a game to catch the ball.

lol yes it does. u all pretend weed is so accepted in this country, maybe here and maybe on the internet, but there are a LOT of mf'ers in the real professional world that thinks its like every other drug. not saying i agree with them but some of u are delusional thinking every person in the country thinks its nothing. if u tell some people u smoke weed, mostly religious people of which there are a lot of, they'll think you're so big untrustworthy drug addict.

either way getting arrested constantly DOES paint the NFL poorly. EVERY arrest does. the fact that Gordon like a lot of other idiot pro athletes can't do simple things to earn their tens of millions makes people facepalm the fukk out of them....because everyone is making a very small fraction of what these very privileged athletes can make.

commish already owned up to the Ray Rice suspension being a mistake and imposed some very harsh rules for violations of that variety, so people should stop comparing it to that now thats its owned up to.

Godzuki
08-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Gets a year vacation from getting his life significantly shortened

"What an idiot"

he isn't happy about it, and he doesn't get paid millions for playing a sport he loves either...loses a year out of his prime days too, and there are a lot of questions if he can come back after a 1 year lay off being around the poor influences he has been.

promising NFL careers can drop off quickly. happens all of the time, he could be another Braylon Edwards.

also i'm surprised nobody is making any sympathy arguments for Justin Blackmon who is going thru similar shit.

both some of the biggest idiots in life.

Sarcastic
08-29-2014, 05:57 PM
http://www.brobible.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/jenna-shea-escort-josh-gordon.jpg

Celebrated getting a year suspension with this escort/chick

http://www.brobible.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Bke8qqtCAAEZP2b.jpg

http://www.hiphopstan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Jenna-Shea.jpg

http://www.brobible.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/jenna-shea-escort-rates.jpg

gts
08-29-2014, 06:06 PM
^ I wonder what she charges for 12 months?

Sarcastic
08-29-2014, 06:11 PM
^ I wonder what she charges for 12 months?

http://www.meetjennashea.com/contact/

Put in a request to find out.

~primetime~
08-29-2014, 06:31 PM
Gordon now exposed for soliciting prostitution wow :oldlol:

Guy just can't do anything without the public finding out...

SCREWstonRockets
08-29-2014, 07:00 PM
hell yeah the browns are like a throwback nfl team. johnny football and josh gordorn are going to be banging hookers and snorting lines before games. this is awesome

Derka
08-29-2014, 07:31 PM
What a f*cking dumbass. Glad he's suspended.

All I'm seeing in all this backlash against the League for this is a bunch of dorks who are pissed he can't be on their fantasy team now.

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-29-2014, 08:11 PM
What a f*cking dumbass. Glad he's suspended.

All I'm seeing in all this backlash against the League for this is a bunch of dorks who are pissed he can't be on their fantasy team now.
so only dorks play fantasy football?

Derka
08-30-2014, 01:18 AM
so only dorks play fantasy football?
Only dorks get this worked up over it. Let's not pretend this is some crusade for equity and justice in the NFL.

bdreason
08-30-2014, 01:47 AM
I can't believe that guys wife would stay with him after he knocked her out and dragged her limp body around like a dead animal. I don't care how drunk you are, if you treat someone like that, you don't give a fukc about them. Probably just staying for the money, hopefully she doesn't get KO'd again.

As for Gordon, he's an idiot. I don't care about people smoking weed, but it isn't a right. If your employer is paying you millions of dollars, and tells you not to smoke weed.... you don't smoke weed.