PDA

View Full Version : Kobe destroys all betas with this comment and cements himself as top 5 all time...

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 01:32 PM
"I would go 0-30 before I would go 0-9. 0-9 means you beat yourself, the only reason is because you've now lost confidence in yourself."

http://instagram.com/p/sNLJCGxn31/?modal=true

imdaman99
08-27-2014, 01:33 PM
So you're telling me he would rather go 6-24 than 3-14 like some other star would?

I agree, I'd rather go 6-24 and win than 3-14 and quit.

Alpha right there :applause: miss him, he was the only reason I'd ever watch the Lakers.

SOD 21
08-27-2014, 01:34 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again, Kobe Bryant's greatest strength is also his greatest weakness.

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 01:36 PM
So you're telling me he would rather go 6-24 than 3-14 like some other star would?

I agree, I'd rather go 6-24 and win than 3-14 and quit.

Alpha right there :applause: miss him, he was the only reason I'd ever watch the Lakers.

Have some green. :applause:

BoutPractice
08-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Depends on the degree to which your team is reliant on your scoring.

If you're cold and your teammates can pick up the slack, no need to go 0-30 - you're the one ruining the show.

If you're cold AND your teammates have trouble scoring as well, then it's your responsibility to shoot yourself out of the slump.

ALBballer
08-27-2014, 01:38 PM
And that is the reason why no free agents want to play with Kobe.

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 01:39 PM

He must be so heartbroken, with his 5 titles and all.

If you don't want to play with Kobe, you're a pu ssy. Bottom line.

riseagainst
08-27-2014, 01:39 PM
what a ball hog.

Mr. Jabbar
08-27-2014, 01:41 PM
bran would rather quit on his friends at south beach than watching his 2/5 record go even worse, its what separates no-substance stat-padders with all time greats. bran needs to address this if he ever wishes to crack the top 20

imagine bran going in the west alongside smush and kwame, dude would quit half time first pre-season game

IGOTGAME
08-27-2014, 01:41 PM
He must be so heartbroken, with his 5 titles and all.

If you don't want to play with Kobe, you're a pu ssy. Bottom line.
Prob bc they dont have what it takes to win.

riseagainst
08-27-2014, 01:42 PM
bran would rather quit on his friends at south beach than watching his 2/5 record go even worse, its what separates no-substance stat-padders with all time greats. bran needs to address this if he ever wishes to crack the top 20

he's back!
:bowdown:

Sambacher
08-27-2014, 01:43 PM
People will hate on him so hard for him saying stuff like this but the fact is this type of mentality is what got him to where he is now. He is never afraid and that's something I've always respected about the guy.

AlphaWolf24
08-27-2014, 01:44 PM
This week Sports Illustrated also confirmed Kobe is Top 5 alltime

just saying.:confusedshrug:

Mr. Jabbar
08-27-2014, 01:44 PM

old news

SouBeachTalents
08-27-2014, 01:46 PM

imagine bran going in the west alongside smush and kwame, dude would quit half time first pre-season game

Name 20 players better than LeBron

r15mohd

"b-b-but it's the media!?!" :rolleyes:

stalkerforlife

:applause:

Mr. Jabbar
08-27-2014, 01:47 PM

everyone in the top 20

AlphaWolf24
08-27-2014, 01:47 PM
"b-b-but it's the media!?!" :rolleyes:

IBM award

SouBeachTalents
08-27-2014, 01:48 PM
everyone in the top 20

Which would be whom?

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 01:51 PM
everyone in the top 20

:roll:

riseagainst
08-27-2014, 01:52 PM
everyone in the top 20

:lol

chosen_one6
08-27-2014, 01:54 PM
everyone in the top 20

Typical cop out from the ultimate c*ck rider.

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 01:54 PM
Typical cop out from the ultimate c*ck rider.

You got slayed, bro.

J Shuttlesworth
08-27-2014, 02:16 PM
You can go 0-9 and still get to the free throw line, dish out assists, and get rebounds.

0-30 means you're devoting your whole game to scoring and not giving out any assists. 0-30 is definitely a bigger cancer than 0-9

riseagainst
08-27-2014, 02:22 PM
where in the magazine did it say Kobe was top 5 ALL TIME?

i thought it was talking about top 5 current players.

WindmiLL
08-27-2014, 02:26 PM
Nothing new here, Kobe still doesn't understand the concept of team basketball.

Encre92
08-27-2014, 02:26 PM
Chucker gonna chuck.

Mass Debator
08-27-2014, 02:48 PM
Depends if those 30 shots are mostly good and expected shots. You don't pass up shots if you got the look.

0-30 is pretty bad though. Should've said 0-18 and 0-8.

rlsmooth775
08-27-2014, 02:50 PM
Kobe is just a low iq chucker who would have won nothing without Shaq and gasol

Nuff Said
08-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Gonna be a long season for the lakers with this mentality.

cranincu
08-27-2014, 02:54 PM
mj, kobe, wilt, kareem, bird, magic, shaq, duncan, barkley,hakeem, russell, oscar, west, horry, lola bunny, bill murray, 4 of the monstars

riseagainst
08-27-2014, 02:55 PM
mj, kobe, wilt, kareem, bird, magic, shaq, duncan, barkley,hakeem, russell, oscar, west, horry, lola bunny, bill murray, 4 of the monstars

:roll:

Encre92
08-27-2014, 02:56 PM
stopped reading there.

idiot.

ralph_i_el
08-27-2014, 02:59 PM
I'd rather he go 0-30 also.
Kobe seems to care what people think more than anyone. That's NOT beta?

Stringer Bell
08-27-2014, 03:07 PM
What's everyone's obsession with alphas and betas?

You've got all these people here so passionately defending and worshipping a man that doesn't even know you exist. What is more beta than that?

The comment has to be taken into context. If he's just speaking for a confidence standpoint, then yes, you don't want to lose your confidence so it says something about you if you're willing to keep shooting when you are off because you feel you're about to get hot. It can also be very detrimental to your team however. You can focus on other areas of the game to help your team win.

kennethgriffin
08-27-2014, 03:17 PM

i think it is possible to name 20 players better than lebron

first the sure picks

- michael jordan
- kareem abdul jabbar
- bill russell
- magic johnson
- kobe bryant
- wilt chamberlain
- tim duncan
- larry bird
- shaquille oneal
- hakeem olajuwon

then the possible equals

- oscar robertson
- jerry west
- elgin baylor
- moses malone
- julius erving

then the arguables depending on if you can value what they did without colluding, ring chasing, tampering or getting saved by a lockout/ray allen shot

- isiah thomas
- john havlicek
- dirk nowitzki
- bob pettit
- george mikan
- bob cousy

and then theres the arguables depending on if you just look at the player himself

- karl malone
- charles barkley
- kevin garnett
- david robinson

so in the end. you could easly make a case that lebron is not top 25 all time at worst. given extreme objectivity

hawke812
08-27-2014, 03:18 PM
"I would go 0-30 before I would go 0-9. 0-9 means you beat yourself, the only reason is because you've now lost confidence in yourself."

Mother of KOBE

Chrono90
08-27-2014, 03:23 PM
:applause:

Alpha

Last of a dying breed

BlkMambaGOAT
08-27-2014, 03:31 PM
stopped reading there.

idiot.
Hey Dragic:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 03:34 PM
What's everyone's obsession with alphas and betas?

You've got all these people here so passionately defending and worshipping a man that doesn't even know you exist. What is more beta than that?

The comment has to be taken into context. If he's just speaking for a confidence standpoint, then yes, you don't want to lose your confidence so it says something about you if you're willing to keep shooting when you are off because you feel you're about to get hot. It can also be very detrimental to your team however. You can focus on other areas of the game to help your team win.

I know i'm beta. What's your point?

This is about Kobe, an alpha.

jlip
08-27-2014, 03:34 PM
Depends on the degree to which your team is reliant on your scoring.

If you're cold and your teammates can pick up the slack, no need to go 0-30 - you're the one ruining the show.

If you're cold AND your teammates have trouble scoring as well, then it's your responsibility to shoot yourself out of the slump.

This

SouBeachTalents
08-27-2014, 03:35 PM
I know i'm beta. What's your point?

This is about Kobe, an alpha.

Then how come you always rip on LeBron for being "beta"? Bit hypocritical is it not?

Mr Exlax
08-27-2014, 03:42 PM
I guess it's because I actually play basketball every now and then, but I'd kill my teammate if they did some shit like that. True greats can impact a game in a multitude of ways. If the shot is not falling then hustle harder, rebound more, ramp up your defensive intensity or be a facilitater for your team. Do something besides chuck away.

20Four
08-27-2014, 03:42 PM
stopped reading there.

idiot.
You're the fvcking dumbass who thinks lebron is better than kobe? LMAO go hang yourself you stupid fvcking lil kid :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

KirbyPls
08-27-2014, 03:44 PM
You're the fvcking dumbass who thinks lebron is better than kobe? LMAO go hang yourself you stupid fvcking lil kid :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Kobetards. :lol

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Then how come you always rip on LeBron for being "beta"? Bit hypocritical is it not?

I'm a pathetic human being (beta) and I damn sure don't want want my favorite NBA players to be of the same caliber. I don't watch the NBA and spend money on the NBA to watch betas, bro. I want to see something I don't see when I look in the mirror, an alpha.

And this is why people don't get YMCA league pass.

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 03:51 PM
I guess it's because I actually play basketball every now and then, but I'd kill my teammate if they did some shit like that. True greats can impact a game in a multitude of ways. If the shot is not falling then hustle harder, rebound more, ramp up your defensive intensity or be a facilitater for your team. Do something besides chuck away.

Most seasons leading the league in shot attempts...

9 Michael Jordan
7 Wilt Chamberlain
6 Kobe Bryant

They were pretty good, no?

riseagainst
08-27-2014, 03:56 PM

9 Michael Jordan
7 Wilt Chamberlain
6 Kobe Bryant

but Kobe only has 45%FG therefore he is the worst player of all time.

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 04:00 PM
but Kobe only has 45%FG therefore he is the worst player of all time.

Kobe's TS% of 55.2 is very good, especially considering how much he shot and didn't pad his percentages.

Hey Yo
08-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Kobe's TS% of 55.2 is very good, especially considering how much he shot and didn't pad his percentages.
How does one pad their percentages?

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 04:12 PM

Why are you being obtuse? It isn't cool or funny or satisfying to be that way.

I'll pretend you're stupid and explain it...

You pad your percentages by deferring and only taking shots that you know (Or think you know) will go in. You pad your percentages by staying in the game when it's a blowout and continuing to score easy buckets on a lackluster defense. Etc.

Tons of ways to pad percentages.

ImKobe
08-27-2014, 04:13 PM

Start off hot going like 8/14 and then taking 4-5 shots the rest of the game and pass the ball around... Remind you of anybody?

Kobe, on the other hand, keeps shooting when he's hot to keep the momentum going. He takes the scoring load on himself.

Mr Exlax
08-27-2014, 04:14 PM

9 Michael Jordan
7 Wilt Chamberlain
6 Kobe Bryant

We're talking going 0-9 vs 0-30

SamuraiSWISH
08-27-2014, 04:14 PM
I get the message, but it's still an extreme. Just like self defeating passiveness or lack of confidence.

How about shoot 15 shots, play defense, distribute, rebound, and try to get to the line when your shot isn't falling? Adapt. Find other avenues to be impactful to help your team. 0-30 is stupidity in the extreme direction.

Don't be stubborn and over confident (Kobe)
Don't be cowardly and insecure (LeBron)

SouBeachTalents
08-27-2014, 04:21 PM
I get the message, but it's still an extreme. Just like self defeating passiveness or lack of confidence.

How about shoot 15 shots, play defense, distribute, rebound, and try to get to the line when your shot isn't falling? Adapt. Find other avenues to be impactful to help your team. 0-30 is stupidity in the extreme direction.

:applause: :cheers:

JerrySeinfeld
08-27-2014, 04:22 PM

I agree with this and if I had to pick my poison between both, it's obviously Kobe.

Hey Yo
08-27-2014, 04:23 PM
Why are you being obtuse? It isn't cool or funny or satisfying to be that way.

I'll pretend you're stupid and explain it...

You pad your percentages by deferring and only taking shots that you know (Or think you know) will go in. You pad your percentages by staying in the game when it's a blowout and continuing to score easy buckets on a lackluster defense. Etc.

Tons of ways to pad percentages.
Taking higher percentage shots is a good thing, not a bad thing. Deferring when you see a teammate has a higher percentage shot is a good thing, not a bad thing.

To imply that Kobe's never stayed in a game when it's a blowout and continued to shoot is laughable at best.

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 04:24 PM

I'd rather stubborn and over confident.

SamuraiSWISH
08-27-2014, 04:24 PM
I agree with this and if I had to pick my poison between both, it's obviously Kobe.
They both have their redeeming aspects. But the best is in the middle of both mentalities.

SamuraiSWISH
08-27-2014, 04:26 PM
To imply that Kobe's never stayed in a game when it's a blowout and continued to shoot is laughable at best.
81 point game. Lakers were ahead when he was in the 60's. And was getting plenty of defensive attention to the point he could've got teammates involved. Instead for some reason he just kept shooting. You saw their enthusiasm for his performance when he left the floor. Self serving.

JerrySeinfeld
08-27-2014, 04:29 PM
They both have their redeeming aspects. But the best is in the middle of both mentalities.

I agree with this. I think what we saw from Durant last year is the best example of this for current players. He made plays for others rather often but down the stretch of close games took over as needed.

I'm a Heat fan and I just remember a good chunk of games where LeBron would go way too passive and I can't help but think how quickly I'd trade in his drive and kick passes for a mentality switch with someone like Kobe.

I think confidence is severely underrated in the NBA. The media likes to tear players like Westbrook apart for "overconfidence" but it's the reason he's as good as he is. I think many NBA players have also said things like confidence is what separates the good players from the great ones.

Hey Yo
08-27-2014, 04:32 PM
Start off hot going like 8/14 and then taking 4-5 shots the rest of the game and pass the ball around... Remind you of anybody?

Kobe, on the other hand, keeps shooting when he's hot to keep the momentum going. He takes the scoring load on himself.
Depends on where the game is at if you're 8-14, 1st half or 2nd half, what the score is etc.... many factors to look at.

But we're not talking Kobe with the hot hand, just the opposite. We saw against Detroit what happens when he keeps missing, while at the same time ignoring his teammates and head coach.

BigTicket
08-27-2014, 04:37 PM
That quote perfectly describes why I never like Kobe as a player, in spite of his obvious skill.

Basketball is a team sport, but he's not a team player, and his shot selection is just awful at times.

Your goal should be to get an easy shot for your team, but Kobe always seemed like he would rather try to see if he can make a hard shot.

NumberSix
08-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Kobe's main problem is he has no mind for context. There actually are times where the way the game is going, the path to victory is only taking 9 shots. Kobe has no concept of playing it by ear. Kobe decides "I'm taking 30 shots to night" and that's whT he will do. He has like no ability to think on the fly. If he didn't shoot the ball the previous 2 plays, he's shooting on this play no matter what the situation is.

christian1923
08-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Kobe's main problem is he has no mind for context. There actually are times where the way the game is going, the path to victory is only taking 9 shots. Kobe has no concept of playing it by ear. Kobe decides "I'm taking 30 shots to night" and that's whT he will do. He has like no ability to think on the fly. If he didn't shoot the ball the previous 2 plays, he's shooting on this play no matter what the situation is.
It works for him and his teams. He has dozens of accolades and team accomplishments doing it his way. I respect it.

fpliii
08-27-2014, 04:54 PM
The two main things separating Kobe from Mike are:

1) Physical tools/athleticism (still amazing in both regards, just not MJ.
2) Shot selection.

He's taken a bunch of dumb shots in his day. But he's one of the best bad-shot makers in the league. Defenses respect his ability to take/make those shots, and the attention he draws opens up his teammates a ton.

SpanishACB
08-27-2014, 04:54 PM
when is everyone going to realize that the term Beta, the Beta male, is actually a good position to be? When talking about wolves, betas can and are many times stronger than the alphas, they are the enforcers. Alpha's might just be older and have the respect of the Betas. In the end, all Betas eat the Alphas and get to **** their woman when the Alpha's gone.

So educate yourlseves and use the term accordingly. Not as a despective.

ImKobe
08-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Depends on where the game is at if you're 8-14, 1st half or 2nd half, what the score is etc.... many factors to look at.

But we're not talking Kobe with the hot hand, just the opposite. We saw against Detroit what happens when he keeps missing, while at the same time ignoring his teammates and head coach.

The team outside Shaq and Kobe shot like crap There was nothing Kobe could have done differently that would have won them that series, unless you think Shaq could have scored 50 a game in that series.

Shaq was post prime and got his looks, Kobe somewhat got his points (on low efficiency), then you look at an injured, aged, Malone that was not even trying 100%, Payton, who had no idea how to play in the triangle and other vets that didn't produce for us.

Kobe shot 38% or whatever yes, the rest of the team shot even worse. Kobe won us the only game of that series by hitting a 3 to send it to OT. We still would have lost the Finals if Kobe shot his usual 44-46% instead of the 38% he did shoot.

SouBeachTalents
08-27-2014, 05:48 PM
The team outside Shaq and Kobe shot like crap There was nothing Kobe could have done differently that would have won them that series, unless you think Shaq could have scored 50 a game in that series.

Shaq was post prime and got his looks, Kobe somewhat got his points (on low efficiency), then you look at an injured, aged, Malone that was not even trying 100%, Payton, who had no idea how to play in the triangle and other vets that didn't produce for us.

Kobe shot 38% or whatever yes, the rest of the team shot even worse. Kobe won us the only game of that series by hitting a 3 to send it to OT. We still would have lost the Finals if Kobe shot his usual 44-46% instead of the 38% he did shoot.

Kobe chucked the Lakers out of two games they could have won

Game 1
Shaq: 34 pts on 13/16
Kobe: 25 pts on 10/27

Game 4
Shaq: 36 pts on 16/21
Kobe: 20 pts on 8/25

Absolutely no reason why Kobe should feel the need to shoot the ball more than Shaq when he's shooting at a 45% LOWER rate. That's just being selfish. People say LeBron sabotaged the 2011 Finals so Wade wouldn't win Finals MVP, this performance isn't much different imo. Kobe just couldn't accept that for the Lakers to win Shaq was going to have to be the first option once again

Mr Feeny
08-27-2014, 05:52 PM

Wow just wow:roll:

ImKobe
08-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Kobe chucked the Lakers out of two games they could have won

Game 1
Shaq: 34 pts on 13/16
Kobe: 25 pts on 10/27

Game 4
Shaq: 36 pts on 16/21
Kobe: 20 pts on 8/25

Absolutely no reason why Kobe should feel the need to shoot the ball more than Shaq when he's shooting at a 45% LOWER rate. That's just being selfish. People say LeBron sabotaged the 2011 Finals so Wade wouldn't win Finals MVP, this performance isn't much different imo. Kobe just couldn't accept that for the Lakers to win Shaq was going to have to be the first option once again

Shaq in 04 was physically so much weaker than in 00-02, he was no longer the prime Shaq that would drop 40 on you every night. And it was not 45% lower, that exaggerating.

It was not about Kobe sabotaging the series, the whole team shot like crap. You could put any all-time great on that team and let him score as much as he wanted, if the rest of the team plays unmotivated and shoots as bad as they did, you're not going to win the series, period.

Look at the numbers the other guys put up. Who else than Kobe should have been taking all those shots? Or do you use boxscore logic, where a guy that shot 60% should have taken all the shots, because he would most certainly keep making them at the same efficiency?

Duggrr
08-27-2014, 05:57 PM
Kobe stans seem to always deliver :applause:

ralph_i_el
08-27-2014, 06:08 PM
God the kobe dickriding is pathetic :facepalm
The dude never got seriously injured (until now) and got everything he needed to win and be a star thrown in his lap.

Came into the league on 3rd base, bragging about his triple. When things went bad he bitched and moaned more than LeBron. Difference was his team was a highly-sought after destination with infinite money.

Plenty of other guys would be as well regarded if they had his luck, from a pure impact on the game standpoint.

**** Kobe and LeBron so w/e MJ can **** himself too.

ILLsmak
08-27-2014, 06:10 PM

I dunno, ideally you'd wanna go 0 for whatever amount of shots you were going to take that game. 0-30 means you are overshooting, but yeah... when you go 0-9 as a scoring star you quit, period.

-Smak

MagnumT/A
08-27-2014, 06:11 PM

+1 on that.

AintNoSunshine
08-27-2014, 08:59 PM
Looks like logic fails this ni99a. How the fukk can you go 0-30 before 0-9? LMFAO

MastaKilla
08-27-2014, 09:02 PM
Looks like logic fails this ni99a. How the fukk can you go 0-30 before 0-9? LMFAO

You go 0-30 by shooting 30 times & missing instead of stopping after only 9 shot attempts

Reading comprehension is a beautiful thing.

SamuraiSWISH
08-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Plenty of other guys would be as well regarded if they had his luck, from a pure impact on the game standpoint.

**** Kobe and LeBron so w/e MJ can **** himself too.
:wtf:

DonDadda59
08-27-2014, 09:16 PM
"I would go 0-30"

Don't ask me why, but for reason... I believe him http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/deep-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-27-2014, 09:16 PM

After they signed Shaq, which marquee FAs did the Lakers sign?

This "Nobody wants to play with Kobe" shit is really overblown and asinine. Despite being the Lakers, they haven't been big free agency players in forever. Superstars rarely leave teams outright in free agency anyway.

JT123
08-27-2014, 09:47 PM
After they signed Shaq, which marquee FAs did the Lakers sign?

This "Nobody wants to play with Kobe" shit is really overblown and asinine. Despite being the Lakers, they haven't been big free agency players in forever. Superstars rarely leave teams outright in free agency anyway.
So are you trying to say free agents just don't wanna go to the Lakers anymore? I find that hard to believe. If Kobe was a guy people wanted to play with the Lakers would be getting big name free agents, period. Lebron has people going to Cleveland of all places, and taking pay cuts to do it!

stalkerforlife
08-27-2014, 10:06 PM
when is everyone going to realize that the term Beta, the Beta male, is actually a good position to be? When talking about wolves, betas can and are many times stronger than the alphas, they are the enforcers. Alpha's might just be older and have the respect of the Betas. In the end, all Betas eat the Alphas and get to **** their woman when the Alpha's gone.

So educate yourlseves and use the term accordingly. Not as a despective.

:biggums:

Beta male

An unremarkable, careful man who avoids risk and confrontation. Beta males lack the physical presence, charisma and confidence of the Alpha male.

BigMacAttack
08-27-2014, 10:28 PM
Kobe gives no ****s.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-27-2014, 11:55 PM
So are you trying to say free agents just don't wanna go to the Lakers anymore? I find that hard to believe. If Kobe was a guy people wanted to play with the Lakers would be getting big name free agents, period. Lebron has people going to Cleveland of all places, and taking pay cuts to do it!

I'm not saying that they don't want to go there "anymore". I'm saying they don't have a history of going there at all. Guys are jumping ship to Cleveland because their team around LeBron doesn't suck anymore. If Lebron alone made guys want to come and play with his team, why didn't it happen during his first stint in Cleveland?

Fact is superstars rarely change teams outright through free agency. They're usually traded somewhere. Teams in a position to contend rarely have the money to sign stars outright anyway unless players decide to collude like Miami's big 3.

Real14
08-28-2014, 12:21 AM
He's telling the truth and haters don't wanna accept it.

hahaitme
08-28-2014, 12:38 AM
81 point game. Lakers were ahead when he was in the 60's. And was getting plenty of defensive attention to the point he could've got teammates involved. Instead for some reason he just kept shooting. You saw their enthusiasm for his performance when he left the floor. Self serving.

You forget that half of the posters on here only watch box scores, where you can't see things like that.

JohnFreeman
08-28-2014, 12:40 AM
What an inspiring quote :rolleyes:

L.A. Jazz
08-28-2014, 02:15 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again, Kobe Bryant's greatest strength is also his greatest weakness.
i feel the same way, but he doesnt know any other way. Thats him.

Lebron for me is on the other side of this because he stops shooting which can hurt his team because he is their best scorer.
so we see that even superstars have their weaknesses and shoot you out of a game (Kobe) or hope your teammates step up when your shots arent falling (Lebron).

sportjames23
08-28-2014, 03:41 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Cold soul
08-28-2014, 03:54 AM

You take Lebron strengths and weakness along with Kobe then you have MJ right? Just in mindset and intangibles.

Cold soul
08-28-2014, 03:57 AM
The two main things separating Kobe from Mike are:

1) Physical tools/athleticism (still amazing in both regards, just not MJ.
2) Shot selection.

He's taken a bunch of dumb shots in his day. But he's one of the best bad-shot makers in the league. Defenses respect his ability to take/make those shots, and the attention he draws opens up his teammates a ton.

Great post. I would also add MJ being the better natural leader than Kobe along with defense, mindset, etc. MJ was a much better player than Kobe no debate here.