PDA

View Full Version : Rank in order of greatness today: LeBron, Dirk and Tim Duncan

Kidbasketball20
08-27-2014, 04:37 PM
1) Tim Duncan
3) Dirk
4) LeBron

Not even arguable at this point. Dirk took the Spurs to game 7 in the 1st round, and beat LeBron head to head when LeBron had a PRIME top 5 Wade.

Tim Duncan is always gonna be ahead of LeBron, especially if you consider the Spurs are 3-0 against LeBron if Ray Allen doesn't make that shot.

Dirk and Tim Duncan have always stayed in 1 city their whole career. LeBron took his talents to South Beach.

LeBron needs at least 2 more rings to even be in the conversation with Tim Duncan.

BlkMambaGOAT
08-27-2014, 04:39 PM
1) Tim Duncan
3) Dirk
4) LeBron

Not even arguable at this point. Dirk took the Spurs to game 7 in the 1st round, and beat LeBron head to head when LeBron had a PRIME top 5 Wade.

Tim Duncan is always gonna be ahead of LeBron, especially if you consider the Spurs are 3-0 against LeBron if Ray Allen doesn't make that shot.

Dirk and Tim Duncan have always stayed in 1 city their whole career. LeBron took his talents to South Beach.

LeBron needs at least 2 more rings to even be in the conversation with Tim Duncan.
:applause: :applause: :applause: Excellent analysis

riseagainst
08-27-2014, 04:39 PM
seems about right

MavsPoke
08-27-2014, 05:01 PM
:applause: Well done. I agree with the trolls.

moe94
08-27-2014, 05:14 PM

Absolutely irrelevant.

HurricaneKid
08-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Hey Look!

A bunch of people saying stupid things!!

NumberSix
08-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Dirk and Duncan didn't stay in their own countries doe.

SouBeachTalents
Absolutely irrelevant.

Nope, that's all that matters

Varejo < Shaq
Haslem < Kareem

navy
What's the point of this thread?

riseagainst
08-27-2014, 05:21 PM

traitors

navy
08-27-2014, 05:21 PM
:lebronamazed:

Kvnzhangyay
08-27-2014, 05:28 PM

:lebronamazed:

Also, changing teams as THE best player in the world is better because its less common than staying on a same team as the best player

HurricaneKid
08-27-2014, 05:32 PM
What's the point of this thread?

That its about time to bring back neg reps I would guess.

Smook A.
08-27-2014, 05:34 PM
1. Tim Duncan
2. LeBron James
3. Dirk Nowitzki

-Duncan: Borderline Top 5 player ever (Around #7 or 8)
-LeBron: Borderline Top 10 player ever (Currently #11 on my list. He's got potential to be in the top 5 at the end of his career)
-Dirk: Top 15-20 player ever (I have him at 16)

I rank Mr.Fundamental as #1 because he's been a consistent big-man every year, he's won 5 championships, and has been to the playoffs every year of his career. He's got more awards, like 2 MVPs, 3 Finals MVPs and lots of other accolades.

LeBron is at #2 for me. He can one day pass Tim Duncan on greatness level if he continues to average 20/5/5+ for at least 5-6 more years and wins 1 or 2 more championships. Bron hasn't even turned 30 years old yet and already has 2 championships, 2 Finals MVPs and 4 MVPs. Very impressive. Not to mention, he's already put up 23,000 points, 6000 rebounds, and almost 6000 assists for his 11 year career.

Finally, Dirk is #3. One of the best shooters to ever play the game of basketball. I have him last because I don't think he's better than LeBron and Duncan. Yes, he's been consistent like Timmy almost every year of his career in terms of stats and team success, but his career in playoffs has been up & down. Like in 2007 when he won the MVP, he didn't play well in the playoffs. The Mavs ended up losing to the 8th seed that year, Golden State Warriors. In Dirk's career, he's has lost in the 1st round 6 times. Meanwhile, LeBron has never lost in that round and Duncan has only lost 2 times. If Dirk had less 1st round losses, I'd probably put him over LeBron but he'd still be below Duncan, IMO. Nonetheless, Dirk Nowitzki is still one of the best players to ever play at the end of the day.

Why does that matter? :oldlol:

Let's say Michael Jordan went to another team after his 1st retirement and still won 3 straight championships. Would he still be regarded as the best player ever by the majority of basketball fans/experts? Moving teams has nothing to do with overall greatness.

SouBeachTalents
08-27-2014, 05:36 PM
1. Tim Duncan
2. LeBron James
3. Dirk Nowitzki

-Duncan: Borderline Top 5 player ever (Around #7 or 8)
-LeBron: Borderline Top 10 player ever (Currently #11 on my list. He's got potential to be in the top 5 at the end of his career)
-Dirk: Top 15-20 player ever (I have him at 16)

This

/thread

ImKobe
08-27-2014, 05:37 PM
1) Kobe

Nowitness
08-27-2014, 05:49 PM
1) Kobe

:facepalm

duncan won the same amount of rings with way less help. parker+manu+robinson dont match peak oneal. phil was the goat before he ever coached the lakers. he plays in the biggest market wit the most money and the spurs owner is a ****ing cheapskate

put duncan on the lakers and he wins like 6 titles with shaq. kobe would be lucky to win a single ring without the goat coach and dominant pfs/Cs. :oldlol:

duncan does have the mvps/finalsmvps too. and he never chucked his team into a loss like MAMBA did against pistons. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

StrongLurk
08-27-2014, 05:52 PM

Scrong Ether right chyea

ImKobe
08-27-2014, 05:54 PM
:facepalm

duncan won the same amount of rings with way less help. parker+manu+robinson dont match peak oneal. phil was the goat before he ever coached the lakers. he plays in the biggest market wit the most money and the spurs owner is a ****ing cheapskate

put duncan on the lakers and he wins like 6 titles with shaq. kobe would be lucky to win a single ring without the goat coach and dominant pfs/Cs. :oldlol:

duncan does have the mvps/finalsmvps too. and he never chucked his team into a loss like MAMBA did against pistons. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Still

1) Kobe

:sleeping

Kidbasketball20
08-27-2014, 06:59 PM

What does that have to do with who's the greatest? :wtf: :wtf:

If LeBron went to the Nigerian basketball team instead of the US for the Olympics, then that might be different.

Smook A.
08-27-2014, 07:01 PM
What does that have to do with who's the greatest? :wtf: :wtf:

If LeBron went to the Nigerian basketball team instead of the US for the Olympics, then that might be different.
:kobe:

Wtf. What if his ancestors didn't come from Nigeria?

Kidbasketball20
08-27-2014, 07:03 PM
:kobe:

Wtf. What if his ancestors didn't come from Nigeria?

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm