PDA

View Full Version : How does ISH still not have a poll option?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-28-2014, 02:32 AM
Cmon Jeff every board i know has one.....................

J Shuttlesworth
08-28-2014, 02:41 AM
Poll option? We still don't have a simple search function :roll:

Other boards I go to have Quote notifications, Mentions, ability to create a new thread on any page, auto loads next pages when you scroll down, in-thread gallery, etc.

VIntageNOvel
08-28-2014, 02:53 AM
:coleman:

i will be happy with normal size avatar

Cocaine80s
08-28-2014, 02:54 AM
id rather have quoting notifcations

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-28-2014, 03:04 AM

Other boards I go to have Quote notifications, Mentions, ability to create a new thread on any page, auto loads next pages when you scroll down, in-thread gallery, etc.
Strong avy to post to posts per day ratio

CavaliersFTW
08-28-2014, 03:06 AM
id rather have quoting notifcations
auto-subscribing to threads you've posted in (which notifies you of future activity in said thread) is virtually the same thing... ISH does have that option, try using it

Meticode
08-28-2014, 10:28 AM
I brought this up a couple weeks ago. I think the reply was too many people would use it to troll. As if trolling doesn't abundantly happen anyway.

SCdac
08-28-2014, 10:31 AM
stopped caring a long time ago.

I'd just like to see video embedding more than anything, but even that's a lost cause

moaz
08-28-2014, 10:43 AM
Because no forum software exists that has a poll function able to handle multiple alts.

Shade8780
08-28-2014, 10:53 AM
It's hard out on these forums.

jzek
08-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Look at the vBulletin version number this forum is using. It was released in 2006! Jeff has not even bothered to update it for 8 years let alone enable the poll option. No search, no signatures, database can't handle new users which is why registration is disabled, avatars need to be turned off during the playoffs due to excess bandwidth, entire site shuts down during too much traffic in the playoffs, etc. :facepalm

This forum is so archaic I wonder why no one has bothered to make a competitive site but with updated features (no, not RealGM as it's more for serious bball talk).

tomtucker
08-28-2014, 01:22 PM

:biggums: :biggums: ................that is just crazy future talk ........flying cars too, right ?

Cocaine80s
08-28-2014, 03:14 PM
auto-subscribing to threads you've posted in (which notifies you of future activity in said thread) is virtually the same thing... ISH does have that option, try using it
No it's not

Genaro
08-28-2014, 03:31 PM
There's so many things missing (search, video embedding, an app, etc) that not having pools don't really bother me.

Myth
08-28-2014, 03:34 PM

Why would we want a notification every time somebody posts in a thread? I can see at a glance if there is a new post in a thread I have posted in, but it is nice knowing if somebody was trying to directly talk to us in a thread if we get notified of somebody quoting us.