PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Colangelo says James Harden is the leader of Team USA

JohnMax
08-28-2014, 08:37 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/jerry-colangelo-says-james-harden-is-the-leader-of-team-usa-021219228.html

“Right now, I think I would look to Harden as that leader,” USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo said as his team continues to prepare for the tournament in which the winner earns an automatic berth in the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. “Harden is kind of a natural leader and he seems to be willing to accept that role. And you can just kind of feel it and sense. He’s the one.”

Colangelo said Harden has been one of the team’s most vocal players and has helped elevate practices with his effort and tenacity.

ZMonkey11
08-28-2014, 08:40 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8296894208/hBDFED1A0/

kurple
08-28-2014, 08:52 AM
i never got the Harden hate

well it started at the same time fudge and all the other faggits became obsessed with the players looks

and we all know Harden is ugly as fukk

kurple
08-28-2014, 08:52 AM
i read faried has been one of the more vocal leaders as well

JohnFreeman
08-28-2014, 08:57 AM
Let's pray he isn't leading on the defensive end

Mr Exlax
08-28-2014, 09:01 AM
When I said it looked like Harden was the leader I was told that I was "Fugging delusional". Does that mean Colangelo is delusional too Millbutt?

Le Shaqtus
08-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Doomed.

ZMonkey11
08-28-2014, 09:30 AM
When I said it looked like Harden was the leader I was told that I was "Fugging delusional". Does that mean Colangelo is delusional too Millbutt?

You are fuggin delusional. Don't delude yourself.

Can you tell us what else you said it looked like before someone does it? Please tell. We are all eyes. Is LeBron going to score the ball and make an assist this year?

Oh great Exodamus :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

nathanjizzle
08-28-2014, 09:35 AM
yup, we losing.

artificial
08-28-2014, 10:10 AM
http://www.keithvassallo.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/doomed.jpg

Eric Cartman
08-28-2014, 10:10 AM
lol

ILLsmak
08-28-2014, 10:15 AM

well it started at the same time fudge and all the other faggits became obsessed with the players looks

Nah IMO I don't think many people knew about harden until he was getting star minutes. Then it was like wow, this dude...

All of those "not playing D" videos. I was watching him a couple days ago. He just doesn't have much awareness. He was floating around on the perimeter when someone was bringing the ball up and actually bumped into the dude, then he moved back and received the pass. It just looks like he has NFI what is going on when he's not holding the ball a lot of the time.

-Smak

Kaspah
08-28-2014, 10:17 AM

Terrible on defense. Absolutely horrendous

His offense includes spot up 3s and out of control driving to the rim with no chance of finishing but gets the call because his name from OKC days which converts to free throws. He flails himself into the middle of the lane and gets a call. He typically has no chance to finish, just drives in recklessly. Yet he continues to do it shamelessly and has the audacity to call himself a great player.

He's a complete disgrace to the game of basketball.

hahaitme
08-28-2014, 11:11 AM

His offense includes spot up 3s and out of control driving to the rim with no chance of finishing but gets the call because his name from OKC days which converts to free throws. He flails himself into the middle of the lane and gets a call. He typically has no chance to finish, just drives in recklessly. Yet he continues to do it shamelessly and has the audacity to call himself a great player.

Pretty much. Harden plays like he's in a pickup game and his best friend brought a whistle to the blacktop

Haymaker
08-28-2014, 11:24 AM

:applause:

Harden is no better than Gilbert Arenas. Just another glorified chucker. LMAO at the early comparisons to Manu. :oldlol:

Real14
08-28-2014, 11:25 AM
Lamez Retarden:lol :oldlol: :roll:

AnaheimLakers24
08-28-2014, 12:20 PM
bronze doesnt sound so bad this year I guess

Milbuck
08-28-2014, 12:21 PM
We're ****ed.

livingby3's
08-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Well with Durant and PG gone, that leadership role was up for grabs.
I guess Rose suits that role as well as Harden but he's not very vocal is he not? Curry should step up as the leader IMO

IMObjective
08-28-2014, 01:09 PM
Lol, the harden hate is even more enormous than i thought. I too am currently a hater, but if i really do see him start playing with some tenacity and intensity he would definitely be a lot more likable.

This probably means that he's the most alpha player left on the team, so let's see where he leads this team and see if he can actually play with some heart. But if he fails to bring home that gold i will hate him more than ever.

Bandito
08-28-2014, 01:16 PM

Did you see the playoffs? The Rockets lost because of his tenacity on D, which was 0. Cant even blame Dwight retarded offensive post moves.

JellyBean
08-28-2014, 01:50 PM
:applause: James Harden is a such a natural born leader. I am not surprised that he is considered the leader of Team USA. Props to Harden.

Mr Exlax
08-28-2014, 02:12 PM
You are fuggin delusional. Don't delude yourself.

Can you tell us what else you said it looked like before someone does it? Please tell. We are all eyes. Is LeBron going to score the ball and make an assist this year?

Oh great Exodamus :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

NEXT

UK2K
08-28-2014, 02:26 PM
Did you see the playoffs? The Rockets lost because of his tenacity on D, which was 0. Cant even blame Dwight retarded offensive post moves.
He was guarding Aldridge and Lillard all series?

Actually Matthews scored below his season average when Harden was guarding him and shot below his season FG% as did Batum when Harden and Parsons had to switch.

But don't let statistics get in your way.

kentatm
08-28-2014, 02:27 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/100725-oh-yeah-shit-gif-Leslie-Mann-T-e0LZ.gif

UK2K
08-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Even though Coangelo says Harden is the leader, if we win gold with more or less a B squad, the haters will praise someone else.

Its a lose lose for him, but I enjoy seeing his 25, 6, 5 stat line every night.

ZMonkey11
08-28-2014, 02:50 PM

NEXT

Houston peeps always going to have that little dick syndrome to Dallas. I'm not hating. Do what you do.

You've seen the term rent free right?

r0drig0lac
08-28-2014, 02:58 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

UK2K
08-28-2014, 03:07 PM
Houston peeps always going to have that little dick syndrome to Dallas. I'm not hating. Do what you do.

You've seen the term rent free right?
Because Dallas has more titles right?

Because your GM more or less admitted he gave Parsons a ridiculous contract because he was still butt hurt you didn't get Dwight.

Good one.

StephHamann
08-28-2014, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=JohnMax]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/jerry-colangelo-says-james-harden-is-the-leader-of-team-usa-021219228.html

kurple
08-28-2014, 04:16 PM

there are many, many players in the league just as bad defensively

dont blame harden for drawing fouls, blame the refs or the rules

he is very talented offensive player and doesnt get the props he deserve

and this comes from a guy who thinks houston will miss the playoffs

I<3NBA
08-28-2014, 04:33 PM
Davis should be the leader

NZStreetBaller
08-28-2014, 04:36 PM
i get what they're doing. trying to produce another super star.

Pointguard
08-28-2014, 04:38 PM
i read faried has been one of the more vocal leaders as well
Yeah, I say Faried. He's going to bring the same energy, the same go get it attitude and is respected as a work horse.

Harden is often aloft, drifts mentally and can be adsorbed by his own game - the three things we need least.

MP.Trey
08-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Pretty much. Harden plays like he's in a pickup game and his best friend brought a whistle to the blacktop
:roll:

This is so accurate. Repped.

SamuraiSWISH
08-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Truly Frightening.

UK2K
08-28-2014, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I say Faried. He's going to bring the same energy, the same go get it attitude and is respected as a work horse.

Harden is often aloft, drifts mentally and can be adsorbed by his own game - the three things we need least.
I think playing with high energy guys like Davis and Faried will do wonders for Hardens horrendous off ball defense next season. He needed it.

SpecialQue
08-28-2014, 05:26 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/3/1/17/enhanced-buzz-30003-1362175913-3.jpg

dubeta
08-28-2014, 05:29 PM
:roll:

DonDadda59
08-28-2014, 05:30 PM
James Harden is worse than Hitler.