PDA

View Full Version : Team USA's downfall: James Harden being the "leader"

Fudge
08-28-2014, 03:17 PM
IMO

Nuff Said
08-28-2014, 03:18 PM
So what does it mean if they win it all?

Fudge
08-28-2014, 03:19 PM
So what does it mean if they win it all?
All the credit goes to Davis and Steph Curry, IMO.

Jlamb47
08-28-2014, 03:21 PM

Lol the coaches arnt stupid
obviously Harden was a big piece of this team, you just dont like the cat

Fudge
08-28-2014, 03:23 PM
Lol the coaches arnt stupid
obviously Harden was a big piece of this team, you just dont like the cat
I'm a Rockets fan. :hammerhead:

Milbuck
08-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Agreed. If they lose, it's on him. Dude can't lead worth shit and his game is cancerous on both ends of the floor. He's just a dogshit basketball player.

Legends66NBA7
08-28-2014, 03:30 PM

Davis and Faried have been the best players in the exhibition. They really set the tone for the rest of the team.

UK2K
08-28-2014, 03:39 PM
If Harden can lead this B squad to gold, it'd be a miracle.

If Lebron led this B team to a gold, it'd be a miracle.

Everyone on this board a week ago said USA had no chance at gold and that this team is awful, even after CoachK more or less anointed Harden as the key player. Now that Harden is in the news again because Coangelo thinks Harden is the leader, you hear Fudge and Milbuck saying this team should win gold and if they don't its a failure.

This team sucks. But if Harden does in fact lead them to gold, well, holy shit everyone on this board was wrong.

Cocaine80s
08-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Op still so salty

AnaheimLakers24
08-28-2014, 03:41 PM
If Harden can lead this B squad to gold, it'd be a miracle.

If Lebron led this B team to a gold, it'd be a miracle.

Everyone on this board a week ago said USA had no chance at gold and that this team is awful, even after CoachK more or less anointed Harden as the key player. Now that Harden is in the news again because Coangelo thinks Harden is the leader, you hear Fudge and Milbuck saying this team should win gold and if they don't its a failure.

This team sucks. But if Harden does in fact lead them to gold, well, holy shit everyone on this board was wrong.
what are you even talkong about fgt

UK2K
08-28-2014, 03:44 PM
what are you even talkong about fgt
Good one.

jzek
08-28-2014, 03:56 PM
The thing is though even though this is our "B" team, it's still the favorite to win the tournament! Goes to show we're still a level above everybody else when our "B" team is good enough to win. :applause:

Bandito
08-28-2014, 04:02 PM
Op still so salty
Salty about what? Haren sucks.

stalkerforlife
08-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think there is a team good enough to beat them. Maybe Spain.

I want the USA to lose because they cut Parsons and Hayward.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Spain is gonna win either way but especially if Harden plays like he thinks hes a #1 option its gonna be brutal

UK2K
08-28-2014, 05:24 PM
The thing is though even though this is our "B" team, it's still the favorite to win the tournament! Goes to show we're still a level above everybody else when our "B" team is good enough to win. :applause:
Not according to this board.

I've seen a lot of 'this team sucks' which, in comparison to the Olympic team, they kinda do.

Hey Yo
08-28-2014, 05:55 PM
Agreed. If they lose, it's on him. Dude can't lead worth shit and his game is cancerous on both ends of the floor. He's just a dogshit basketball player.
No, it will be on Durant cause he quit the team.

SamuraiSWISH
08-28-2014, 06:10 PM
No, it will be on Durant cause he quit the team.
I actually co-sign this. It is on Durant's selfishness, and cowardly quit job. This was his team, he was the best player. And the guy pulls out of the tournament right before exhibition games. I mean, really?!

Smook A.
08-28-2014, 06:12 PM
I'm really excited to see how Harden and the rest of the guys play. Personally, I don't feel like there is a one leader on this team. I see every guy being a leader. Stephen Curry, James Harden, Anthony Davis, Derrick Rose, Kyrie Irving, etc. If we lose, each one of these guys should get the blame. Basketball is a team game. I'm just really looking forward to see how these guys will fit with eachother. I'm excited about the teamwork and how they'll win games against teams like Finland, Turkey, Dominican Republic, Ukraine, etc.

All this hate on one dude is unnecessary. YES, James Harden was dirt in the playoffs. YES, he's a horrible defender. I'm just gonna sit back and see what he does. If he does horrible, then that's his fault. If he does good and helps the team be successful then I'll be happy for him. Coach K said his defense looks better. I hope he's right.

Sarcastic
08-28-2014, 06:23 PM
He's only the leader because Durant quit on the team.

Xover
08-28-2014, 08:36 PM
JAmes harden playing D

http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/37509596/454221894.0.0_standard_709.0.jpg

gabepizza
08-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Yes this team is favored to win but what makes me nervous if there is a close game is Harden just trying to score without involving the team.

JohnFreeman
08-28-2014, 10:30 PM
Harden and Durbeta can share the blame.

TaLvsCuaL
08-28-2014, 11:29 PM
I have seen several preparation games and in my opinion Harden and the whole team is playing good defense and playing team basketball.

Spain is a great team but despite the missing stars this USA team is talented enough to win it all., even with the Spaniards playing at home. Also Coach K is million times better than Orenga.

oarabbus
08-29-2014, 01:00 AM
I actually co-sign this. It is on Durant's selfishness, and cowardly quit job. This was his team, he was the best player. And the guy pulls out of the tournament right before exhibition games. I mean, really?!

Durant :facepalm

What's worse, LeBron's pu**ying out of the dunk contest many a time? Or Durant bailing from Team USA?

JohnFreeman
08-29-2014, 01:03 AM
Durant :facepalm

What's worse, LeBron's pu**ying out of the dunk contest many a time? Or Durant bailing from Team USA?
Representing your country or a meaningless dunk contest....umm

Sakkreth
08-29-2014, 07:13 AM
Lithuania should put Maciulis on him and watch him put up terrible shots. Mistake might be that we gonna use Seibutis on him who is great defender too, but isn't big enough to bully Harden.

DaSeba5
08-29-2014, 07:26 AM

If Harden is the "leader" of the team and will get the blame if they lose, then he should also get the credit when they win.

Sakkreth
08-29-2014, 07:34 AM
If USA wins gold, I atleast want someone else than Harden to win MVP and then Harden call it out as bullshit, would be too funny :lol

kurple
08-29-2014, 08:03 AM
what about the pussys that declined to play?

or the players that do play and actually loses the game?

all of them get a free pass, but not Durant?

Oly BC
08-29-2014, 08:08 AM
Lithuania should put Maciulis on him and watch him put up terrible shots. Mistake might be that we gonna use Seibutis on him who is great defender too, but isn't big enough to bully Harden.
I think Harden will mostly play as a 3 so Maciulis is the most likely choice.

SpanishACB
08-29-2014, 08:17 AM

hes a businessman first basketball player second

as long as he makes 40% of his contested shit 3s and other equally difficult and dumb shots it's enough to fool half the NBA and its fans to give him big bucks and treat him like a star

BoutPractice
08-29-2014, 08:58 AM
I dislike Harden as much as the next guy, but you can't put the blame solely on him if they lose AND give credit solely to other players if they win.