PDA

View Full Version : Who are the Top 10 worst starting centers in the league ?

Legends66NBA7
08-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Who ya got ?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-28-2014, 07:49 PM
nikka at least post the names. aint no one gon remember every starting player of the worst position in basketball

Legends66NBA7
08-28-2014, 08:33 PM
nikka at least post the names. aint no one gon remember every starting player of the worst position in basketball

Projected to start for next season.

Anderson Varejao
Enes Kanter
Larry Sanders
Nerlens Noel (he's probably better, but he's an unknown at this point)
Kendrick Perkins
JaVale McGee
Jordan Hill
Roy Hibbert (good rim protector, but nothing else is consistent)
Samuel Dalembert
Tyler Zeller

Dro
08-28-2014, 08:51 PM

Anderson Varejao
Enes Kanter
Larry Sanders
Kendrick Perkins
JaVale McGee
Jordan Hill
Samuel Dalembert
Tyler Zeller

So you're saying there are 20 Starting centers better than Hibbert and McGee? The same Hibbert who despite his shitty 2nd half, still almost won DPOY and had the Pacers ranking as one the best "statistically" defensive teams ever? Not being a jerk, I just want to know who you have ahead of them...Maybe even through Hill in there because I think he is a good, young center. I agree with the rest of the list although I like Larry Sanders also. I like what he does on the boards and blocking shots.....

MrC1991
08-28-2014, 08:53 PM
So you're saying there are 20 Starting centers better than Hibbert and McGee? The same Hibbert who despite his shitty 2nd half, still almost won DPOY and had the Pacers ranking as one the best "statistically" defensive teams ever? Not being a jerk, I just want to know who you have ahead of them...Maybe even through Hill in there because I think he is a good, young center. I agree with the rest of the list although I like Larry Sanders also. I like what he does on the boards and blocking shots.....

Hibbert lost that work ethic and will power. Almost every center in the league is better than you once that happens. Can't wait to see how he responds from working with Kareem all summer.

Dro
08-28-2014, 08:58 PM
Hibbert lost that work ethic and will power. Almost every center in the league is better than you once that happens. Can't wait to see how he responds from working with Kareem all summer.
I really don't know how much he'll benefit from working with Kareem. He worked with Duncan and I guess it backfired:lol

But he did lose his work ethic and will power but just because of his size, he's still so valuable on defense. His defense never really got statistically worse as the season went on but his offense completely disappeared. His rebounding dropped also...

MrC1991
08-28-2014, 09:02 PM
I really don't know how much he'll benefit from working with Kareem. He worked with Duncan and I guess it backfired:lol

But he did lose his work ethic and will power but just because of his size, he's still so valuable on defense. His defense never really got statistically worse as the season went on but his offense completely disappeared. His rebounding dropped also...

Hibbert has never been a good rebounder but his main problem is that he needs to get his mind right and focus on playing ball and he should get back to his normal stat line. I hope he does cause we need more centers in the league.

Legends66NBA7
08-28-2014, 09:05 PM

Nah, none taken.

McGee isn't a good starter IMO. He's a better as bench guy. Hibbert is going to be hard pressed being a key guy next year who is going to be asked score more and rebound... something I right now don't see him doing.

Anyways, these are the Top 20

Al Jefferson
Al Horford (healthy)
Andrew Bogut
Andre Drummond
Brook Lopez (healthy)

Chris Bosh
DeMarcus Cousins
DeAndre Jordan
Dwight Howard
Joakim Noah

Jonas Valanciunas
Marc Gasol
Marcin Gortat
Miles Plumlee
Nikola Pekovic

Nikola Vucevic
Omer Asik
Robin Lopez
Thiago Splitter

For whatever reason, I think missing one more starting center. But nevertheless, who do you have Hibbert and McGee over for next season.

Dro
08-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Nah, none taken.

McGee isn't a good starter IMO. He's a better as bench guy. Hibbert is going to be hard pressed being a key guy next year who is going to be asked score more and rebound... something I right now don't see him doing.

Al Jefferson
Al Horford (healthy)
Andrew Bogut
Andre Drummond
Brook Lopez (healthy)

Chris Bosh
DeMarcus Cousins
DeAndre Jordan
Dwight Howard
Joakim Noah

Jonas Valanciunas
Marc Gasol
Marcin Gortat
Miles Plumlee
Nikola Pekovic

Nikola Vucevic
Omer Asik
Robin Lopez
Thiago Splitter

For whatever reason, I think missing one more starting center. But nevertheless, who do you have Hibbert and McGee over for next season.
I think he should probably be somewhere between Gortat and Plumlee. I definitely think he's better than Plumlee although I am aware of Plumlee's stats last year. Because if this were "how valuable defensively" list, which is one of the most important aspects is to protect the rim, then Hibbert would be top 1-2. His offense is at least decent compared some of the guys, I would say his offense is average during a good season.

I know what you mean about McGee...

I would honestly move Val down some, maybe behind Pekovic.....

TheMarkMadsen
08-28-2014, 09:12 PM
Nah, none taken.

Al Jefferson
Al Horford (healthy)
Andrew Bogut
Andre Drummond
Brook Lopez (healthy)

Chris Bosh
DeMarcus Cousins
DeAndre Jordan
Dwight Howard
Joakim Noah

Jonas Valanciunas
Marc Gasol
Marcin Gortat
Miles Plumlee
Nikola Pekovic

Nikola Vucevic
Omer Asik
Robin Lopez
Thiago Splitter

No Andy V? When healthy he's a borderline all star.

Legends66NBA7
08-28-2014, 09:14 PM
No Andy V? When healthy he's a borderline all star.

Why is Roy and McGee better than them ?

Legends66NBA7
08-28-2014, 09:16 PM
I think he should probably be somewhere between Gortat and Plumlee. I definitely think he's better than Plumlee although I am aware of Plumlee's stats last year. Because if this were "how valuable defensively" list, which is one of the most important aspects is to protect the rim, then Hibbert would be top 1-2. His offense is at least decent compared some of the guys, I would say his offense is average during a good season.

I know what you mean about McGee...

I would honestly move Val down some, maybe behind Pekovic.....

Just a FYI, I ranked them in alphabetical order, not in how good each one was.

I agree, if it wasn't about defense, Roy ranks high. But I can see the other centers having more upside and can be better overall.

TheMarkMadsen
08-28-2014, 09:17 PM
Why is Roy and McGee better than them ?

huh?

Legends66NBA7
08-28-2014, 09:21 PM
huh?

Dude, you realize the post I'm responding to is someone who's asking me 20 centers I would take over Roy Hibbert and JaVale McGee. I thought you were bolding them to take them over Hibbert and McGee.

Look at my third post.

Anderson Varejao
Enes Kanter
Larry Sanders
Kendrick Perkins
JaVale McGee
Jordan Hill
Samuel Dalembert
Tyler Zeller

Then I picked the 20 (I only had 19, one is slipping my mind)

Al Jefferson
Al Horford (healthy)
Andrew Bogut
Andre Drummond
Brook Lopez (healthy)

Chris Bosh
DeMarcus Cousins
DeAndre Jordan
Dwight Howard
Joakim Noah

Jonas Valanciunas
Marc Gasol
Marcin Gortat
Miles Plumlee
Nikola Pekovic

Nikola Vucevic
Omer Asik
Robin Lopez
Thiago Splitter

Out of those players, who are you taking over Hibbert and McGee ? If that wasn't a response to what I was talking about then forget about it.

NugzFan
08-28-2014, 09:29 PM
Good think Mcgee is our backup. Having a backup center in the top 25 is pretty sweet

Dro
08-28-2014, 09:30 PM
Just a FYI, I ranked them in alphabetical order, not in how good each one was.

I agree, if it wasn't about defense, Roy ranks high. But I can see the other centers having more upside and can be better overall.
Ok, my fault, I didn't realize that. But honestly it does look like the first 10 are pretty much the 10 best centers in the league(although not in any particular order)...

Yes, I agree Roy does not have as much upside as those other centers. He pretty much is who is and either plays with confidence or he doesn't.......

Legends66NBA7
08-28-2014, 09:34 PM
Good think Mcgee is our backup. Having a backup center in the top 25 is pretty sweet

Mozgov projected to be the main starter next year ? Or is it Hickson ?

NugzFan
08-28-2014, 10:52 PM
Mozgov projected to be the main starter next year ? Or is it Hickson ?

Mozgov

andremiller07
08-28-2014, 11:29 PM
Mozgov
Mozgov with confidence is a beast, Enes Kantar for a long while has been one of the shitest C"s in the NBA, he's probably the worst defender out of any big who get meaningful playing time. Also if Steve Adams starts or Perkins they are right up there with the worst.