08-29-2014, 02:33 PM
The greatest of all time :bowdown: :bowdown:

:oldlol:

ItsMillerTime
08-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Biggie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

MP.Trey
08-29-2014, 03:18 PM
Everybody loves Biggie. Even those that don't really like rap.

ImKobe
08-29-2014, 03:32 PM
run from the police, picture that
nikka im too fat
I fk around and catch a asthma attack

Draz
08-29-2014, 03:43 PM
Biggie > 2pac

sweggeh
08-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Biggie is extremely overrated. Never got the hype around him.

Fearthejameer
08-29-2014, 03:58 PM

fatophobe

casual_fan
08-29-2014, 04:05 PM
:oldlol:

Wtf is funny about that ?

iTare
08-29-2014, 04:11 PM
Wtf is funny about that ?
He's not the greatest of all time, pal.

casual_fan
08-29-2014, 04:14 PM
He's not the greatest of all time, pal.

All subjective. There are a few that got a case and Biggie is definetely one of them.

Real14
08-29-2014, 04:16 PM
Biggie > 2pac
http://media.giphy.com/media/eV5PW8kQEbuww/giphy.gif

NumberSix
08-29-2014, 04:23 PM
He died at the height of his popularity. He was somewhat "the man" at the time. He died before he could lose his status.

Im so nba'd out
08-29-2014, 05:03 PM
run from the police, picture that
nikka im too fat
I fk around and catch a asthma attack
That's why I bust back, it don't phase me
When he drop, take his glock, and I'm Swayze (ghost)

ImKobe
08-29-2014, 05:08 PM
He died at the height of his popularity. He was somewhat "the man" at the time. He died before he could lose his status.

Same for 2Pac.

2Pac as an artist to me was more well-rounded than Biggie, he could touch a listener by various topics, he rapped pretty much about everything. Biggie was more of a gangster rapper, who pretty much (along with Jay-Z) started the fake mafioso rap, rapping about different guns and moving drugs.

Pac to me was a more realer artist, better at expressing his emotion and smarter in terms of politics and social issues. Biggie, purely as a rapper, was more talented. His flow and his rhyme schemes were crazy for the time being and he was consistent with it, though I never felt like his style appealed to the wider audience as much as Pac's. I guess 2Pac had the better commercial look and had better mainstream records that helped him sell so much more units.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
08-29-2014, 05:14 PM
Biggie's greatest verse of all-time is on the song Notorious Thugz (feat. Bone Thugs N Harmony)

I have that song in my regular rotation on my iPod. Listen to it at least twice a week. I don't like the Bong Thugs' part. Prefer just Biggie's verse.

dazzer87
08-29-2014, 05:22 PM
Same for 2Pac.

2Pac as an artist to me was more well-rounded than Biggie, he could touch a listener by various topics, he rapped pretty much about everything. Biggie was more of a gangster rapper, who pretty much (along with Jay-Z) started the fake mafioso rap, rapping about different guns and moving drugs.

Pac to me was a more realer artist, better at expressing his emotion and smarter in terms of politics and social issues. Biggie, purely as a rapper, was more talented. His flow and his rhyme schemes were crazy for the time being and he was consistent with it, though I never felt like his style appealed to the wider audience as much as Pac's. I guess 2Pac had the better commercial look and had better mainstream records that helped him sell so much more units.
And Pac was a very good actor too. Amazing in Gridlock'd...

NumberSix
08-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Same for 2Pac.

Lol. That shit was around a while before Biggie or Jay-z. If anything, the kinda lifted that off of Kool G Rap and Raekwon.

NumberSix
08-29-2014, 05:25 PM
Biggie's greatest verse of all-time is on the song Notorious Thugz (feat. Bone Thugs N Harmony)

I have that song in my regular rotation on my iPod. Listen to it at least twice a week. I don't like the Bong Thugs' part. Prefer just Biggie's verse.
Bizzy Bone's verse is significantly better than Biggie's.

ImKobe
08-29-2014, 05:26 PM
And Pac was a very good actor too. Amazing in Gridlock'd...

I also loved the movie "Gang Related", loved the chemistry between Pac and Belushi

Above The Rim though :bowdown:

MMM
08-29-2014, 05:28 PM
Lol. That shit was around a while before Biggie or Jay-z. If anything, the kinda lifted that off of Kool G Rap and Raekwon.

Kool G Rap is that dude, definitely underrated among all time rappers. Rakim is another Mc that influenced mafioso rap.

ImKobe
08-29-2014, 05:32 PM

Yeah, but Big & Jay definitely put that on the mainstream scene, it's when NY rap went in that direction towards the late 90s. Of course other artists had done that before and maybe the word "start" wasn't the right choice, I didn't mean that literally.

~primetime~
08-29-2014, 05:43 PM
Same for 2Pac.

All Pac talked about was being a thug...a rider, being real, etc etc

I feel like the majority of his work can be summed up with:

SIPPIN HENNESSY IN THE PENITENTIARY, FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL ME!!!!...RIDE TILL I DIE, THUG LIFE!!!!! WEST SIDE IS THE BEST SIDE!!!!

Biggie was definitely more talented lyrically

ImKobe
08-29-2014, 06:06 PM
All Pac talked about was being a thug...a rider, being real, etc etc

I feel like the majority of his work can be summed up with:

SIPPIN HENNESSY IN THE PENITENTIARY, FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL ME!!!!...RIDE TILL I DIE, THUG LIFE!!!!! WEST SIDE IS THE BEST SIDE!!!!

Biggie was definitely more talented lyrically

Sounds like you haven't listened to much of his music, only a couple of his Death Row songs

Just listen to this shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLSCfh1pKgA

Pac's music had way more content and soul, his death row material is mostly rushed, especially his last album, which he wrote and recorded in the span of one week.

If you still haven't (and I don't know how someone in 2014, who's a hip-hop fan hasn't) listened to the MATW album, you obviously know nothing about his music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k11vhEuqhhA

KobesFinger
08-29-2014, 06:15 PM
I don't understand how you can call 2Pac real if he made All Eyez on Me? It goes completely against what he rapped about on his early albums.

~primetime~
08-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Sounds like you haven't listened to much of his music, only a couple of his Death Row songs

Just listen to this shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLSCfh1pKgA

Pac's music had way more content and soul, his death row material is mostly rushed, especially his last album, which he wrote and recorded in the span of one week.

If you still haven't (and I don't know how someone in 2014, who's a hip-hop fan hasn't) listened to the MATW album, you obviously know nothing about his music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k11vhEuqhhA
I've listened to all of his music, I'm in my mid 30s, I can remember watching Brenda's got a Baby on Yo MTV Raps. I owned both Makavelli and MatW.

He did have some meaningful stuff with heart, it's true...but IMO the majority of Pac's later material was exactly what I said. Not all of it, but most of it. If you like Pac more than Biggie that is completely fine, that is what you like. I really liked Spice-1 growing up and no one ranks him highly. THAT SAID, I don't think it can be disputed that Biggie was more lyrically talented than Pac was, he just was, and when debating rappers that is extremely important obviously. Biggie was better on a mic than Pac was...he could "rap" better.

ImKobe
08-29-2014, 06:46 PM
I've listened to all of his music, I'm in my mid 30s, I can remember watching Brenda's got a Baby on Yo MTV Raps. I owned both Makavelli and MatW.

He did have some meaningful stuff with heart, it's true...but IMO the majority of Pac's later material was exactly what I said. Not all of it, but most of it. If you like Pac more than Biggie that is completely fine, that is what you like. I really liked Spice-1 growing up and no one ranks him highly. THAT SAID, I don't think it can be disputed that Biggie was more lyrically talented than Pac was, he just was, and when debating rappers that is extremely important obviously. Biggie was better on a mic than Pac was...he could "rap" better.

It's not the majority. That shit you mentioned was 90% from his death row days, when he made commercial rap and worte dozens of songs just about drinking and being a thug and shit, the typical West Coast rap around the time.

I'm talking about his NY influenced rap from 91-94, that Thug Life sound he had prior to joining Death Row.

Like I said before, Biggie was a more skilled rapper than 2Pac, but 2Pac's sound and musical content overall is more appealing. I'll leave it at that.

Damn, I hadn't heard this joint in a while, that beat is just perfect, I miss music like this man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fCoK2OVJAc