PDA

View Full Version : Chances of Charlotte grabbing the 3rd seed?

Warfan
08-29-2014, 09:12 PM
*Assuming of course that the Cavs and Bulls will get the 1 & 2 seeds...

I like the Walker/Stephenson/Jefferson trio and they were a top defensive team last season.

So can they be the 3rd best team in the East? Or do you think it will be Washington, Toronto, Heat etc...?

Real14
08-29-2014, 09:15 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119363/3488597-6219889274-micha.gif
http://www.muggsybogues.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Catching-up-with-Muggsy-Bogues-400x360.jpg

Im so nba'd out
08-29-2014, 09:17 PM
http://i.minus.com/iblBYnv2PI15Ou.gif

rhowen4
08-29-2014, 09:18 PM
I'd say it's either them or Washington. I wanna go with Charlotte though.

Legends66NBA7
08-29-2014, 09:18 PM
They would have to win the division. Their in the toughest division in the East, so I don't know if their chances are that good. They are pretty close between Miami (my pick), Washington, and Atlanta. It's too close and the chances aren't very high.

It's not likely they can be top 4 either, since it's seems like unanimous decision that Chicago and Cleveland are going to be the top 2 seeds. Probably likely they are fighting for 5-8.

stalkerforlife
08-29-2014, 09:28 PM
I think the addition of Hayward is going to be huge. Hayward is a very underrated defender and play maker.

Great 3rd option scoring wise, too.

ralph_i_el
08-29-2014, 09:28 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119363/3488597-6219889274-micha.gif
http://www.muggsybogues.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Catching-up-with-Muggsy-Bogues-400x360.jpg
:facepalm

Hornets are going to be legit this year. Too nasty on D, Stephenson's creativity will help on O so they don't have to pound it to Al Jeff in the post so much.

Warfan
08-29-2014, 09:29 PM
They would have to win the division. Their in the toughest division in the East, so I don't know if their chances are that good. They are pretty close between Miami (my pick), Washington, and Atlanta. It's too close and the chances aren't very high.

It's not likely they can be top 4 either, since it's seems like unanimous decision that Chicago and Cleveland are going to be the top 2 seeds. Probably likely they are fighting for 5-8.

Fair enough. Yeah I think there might be a good chance they end up with a 5th or 6th seed, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they win their division so they'd be either the 3 or 4 seed depending on how many wins the Atlantic division winner gets. I think Lance will have a great year as well, which could push them to the 3rd seed.

Meticode
08-29-2014, 09:32 PM
I hope so. It'd be nice to see them competitive even more this year.

ImKobe
08-29-2014, 09:37 PM
It's possible.

MastaKilla
08-29-2014, 09:37 PM
I think the addition of Hayward is going to be huge. Hayward is a very underrated defender and play maker.

Lol what

stalkerforlife
08-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Lol what

:roll:

DaSeba5
08-29-2014, 09:48 PM
Washington and Miami are better than them. I'm not seeing it. Atlanta is a playoff team too. It's the toughest division in the conference. All 4 of those teams will make the playoffs like last year IMO.

ProfessorMurder
08-29-2014, 10:05 PM
Bullets = lock for #3.

no pun intended
08-29-2014, 10:26 PM

lmao get your news sources updated

DaSeba5
08-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Bullets = lock for #3.

They are the favorites in the division, but they far from a lock.

poido123
08-29-2014, 10:40 PM
Watch how good Lance Stephenson will be this year.

MJ gonna harness that guy's craziness into good.

Lance will be one of the top SG in the league in the next 2 years...

Warfan
08-29-2014, 10:45 PM
They are the favorites in the division, but they far from a lock.

Yeah id probably be picking Washington to win the division. But i still think Miami and Charlotte will have a decent shot as well. Not sure about Atlanta, i see them being below these 3 but you never know...

But, I dont think Miami can afford to have Wade miss 20+ games again. So unless he plays nearly all of them im not confident in their chance of winning the division.

DaSeba5
08-29-2014, 10:48 PM
Yeah id probably be picking Washington to win the division. But i still see Miami and Charlotte having a decent shot as well. Not sure about Atlanta, i see them being below these 3 but you never know...

I dont think Miami can afford to have Wade miss 20+ games again, so unless he plays nearly all of them i dont see them having much of a chance to win the division.

Call me pessimistic, but I'm not as high on my team as other people. This is going to be such a meh... whatever year. People are saying we're going to beat the Cavs or Bulls. IDK it's possible if things click, but I'm not seeing it. I hate going into a season with too many questions. It usually leads to bad things.

Also a non-Florida team has never won the division so that's interesting.

Demitri98
08-29-2014, 10:52 PM

:wtf:

Get updated on your news bro. He's a RFA and Utah matched Charlotte's offer sheet.

stalkerforlife
08-29-2014, 10:54 PM
:wtf:

Get updated on your news bro. He's a RFA and Utah matched Charlotte's offer sheet.

It was a joke.

Warfan
08-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Call me pessimistic, but I'm not as high on my team as other people. This is going to be such a meh... whatever year. People are saying we're going to beat the Cavs or Bulls. IDK it's possible if things click, but I'm not seeing it. I hate going into a season with too many questions. It usually leads to bad things.

Also a non-Florida team has never won the division so that's interesting.

They're probably just hoping they beat the Cavs because they dont like bron/would be funny too see wade/bosh beating him.

I think the Heat will just be a middle of the pack playoff team, very small chance of an ECF appearance. But most likely a 2nd or 1st round exit.

Still though, Wade/Bosh/Deng is a solid trio. Maybe if things go right and wade and bosh play great they could be surprisingly good.

poido123
08-29-2014, 10:58 PM
This team got even better in the offseason. Lance will add more to the offense, roberts is a solid backup point guard, and Vonleh in the draft should add something.

I expect a decent jump from last year, I wouldn't take these guys lightly.

DaSeba5
08-29-2014, 10:59 PM
They're probably just hoping they beat the Cavs because they dont like bron/would be funny too see wade/bosh beating him.

I think the Heat will just be a middle of the pack playoff team, very small chance of an ECF appearance. But most likely a 2nd or 1st round exit.

Still though, Wade/Bosh/Deng is a solid trio. Maybe if things go right and wade and bosh play great they could surprisingly good.

Right, but like I said, I hate going into seasons with too many questions. That's usually a bad thing. But then again they've gone to the Finals 4 years in a row so everything in comparison now is going to feel like a meh... year unless they make the Finals again.

SwishSquared
08-29-2014, 11:00 PM
I think Lance is actually going to have a great year, provided he doesn't have a freak injury. I think he'll play smarter since he got his contract and he's eager to prove he was worth more. I think Big Al will complement his offense, too, in ways Hibbert never could.

The defense on this team should be really good. I'm interested to see how Vonleh, Zeller, and Hairston contribute, if they get decent minutes. I'd give them a 20% shot at getting the 3rd seed, but give them a 35% shot of them finishing in top 4. I think they can be a 2nd round team this year.

EDIT:

Still though, Wade/Bosh/Deng is a solid trio. Maybe if things go right and wade and bosh play great they could be surprisingly good.
I think McRoberts was a nice pickup, too, though I'm surprised they're playing small ball still without LBJ. I thought they would have made a move for a starting C (honestly thought they would have kicked the tires on Monroe to play him at C).

Warfan
08-29-2014, 11:08 PM
Right, but like I said, I hate going into seasons with too many questions. That's usually a bad thing. But then again they've gone to the Finals 4 years in a row so everything in comparison now is going to feel like a meh... year unless they make the Finals again.

Damn i'd love to have that problem...4 straight finals appearance, 2 rings, and still having 2 all-stars and a borderline all-star on the team :lol

DaSeba5
08-29-2014, 11:10 PM
Damn i'd love to have that problem...4 straight finals appearance, 2 rings, and still having 2 all-stars and a borderline all-star on the team :lol

Right. But IDK if Wade can stay healthy and IDK how Bosh will do. I don't know how the offense will be and they still lack bigs without LeBron.

I sound like a spoiled Lakers fan, but yah... :lol

IncarceratedBob
08-29-2014, 11:15 PM
anthony davis would have to break out

absalom
08-29-2014, 11:15 PM

Chances of NY sneaking into the playoffs? :roll:

poido123
08-29-2014, 11:29 PM
anthony davis would have to break out

:biggums: