PDA

View Full Version : Can you be completely silent after a traffic stop?

Fawker
08-31-2014, 01:46 AM
like just pull over and not roll down your window and just look forward.

TylerOO
08-31-2014, 02:00 AM
I got pulled over today actually. Still had Kendrick playing like a gangster. Showed the pig my gold card and he let me go.

Dude asked me what I was drinking tonight. I smiled and he's like whats so funny? Like stfu gimme my gold card and let me be you punk ass cop

Le Shaqtus
08-31-2014, 02:01 AM
I got pulled over today actually. Still had Kendrick playing like a gangster. Showed the pig my gold card and he let me go.

Dude asked me what I was drinking tonight. I smiled and he's like whats so funny? Like stfu gimme my gold card and let me be you punk ass cop

Gold card?

DwnShft2Xcelr8
08-31-2014, 02:11 AM
You can ignore the cop's questions, like "where are you headed tonight?" or "Why are you in a rush?", but eventually you'll have to roll your window down to show him your license and vehicle registration.
You can just barely crack your window open if you'd like to give the cop your things. Saw a video on YouTube a while back of someone doing just that. Cop got pissed but didn't have anything to hold the guy for.
My suggestion is to be polite, though, if you're getting pulled over for a legitimate reason, like speeding. Sometimes a cop will be cool and let you go.
Now if he's pulling you over for no reason and claiming your vehicle fits the description of a suspicious wanted vehicle, you can go the silent route to f*ck with him like he's f*cking with you.

I used to live across the street from an LAPD officer. He told me most of this.

gts
08-31-2014, 02:17 AM
sure you can but when he cracks your window open with his flashlight or opens the door and drags your butt out on the pavement you might want to be rethinking taking the asshole approach to the situation :lol

Draz
08-31-2014, 11:32 AM
sure you can but when he cracks your window open with his flashlight or opens the door and drags your butt out on the pavement you might want to be rethinking taking the asshole approach to the situation :lol
:roll:

fiddy
08-31-2014, 11:39 AM
5-6 bullets to a full clip going into your ass

wakencdukest
08-31-2014, 11:50 AM
How about when you break a traffic law, you cooperate with the police and accept the ticket like a man?

Le Shaqtus
08-31-2014, 12:04 PM
I don't know why people think it's cool to be assholes to cops.

If you didn't break the law and did nothing wrong, why you gotta be an asshole about it? Just co operate. People just like being assholes to cops just because their cops.

If you did break the law, you deserve it, but if you co operate you'll make life easier on yourself. I got my speeding fines reduced just because I didn't act like a dick to a cop for no other reason and chose to react like a decent ****ing person.

MadeFromDust
08-31-2014, 02:00 PM
You can ignore the cop's questions, like "where are you headed tonight?" or "Why are you in a rush?", but eventually you'll have to roll your window down to show him your license and vehicle registration.
You can just barely crack your window open if you'd like to give the cop your things. Saw a video on YouTube a while back of someone doing just that. Cop got pissed but didn't have anything to hold the guy for.
My suggestion is to be polite, though, if you're getting pulled over for a legitimate reason, like speeding. Sometimes a cop will be cool and let you go.
Now if he's pulling you over for no reason and claiming your vehicle fits the description of a suspicious wanted vehicle, you can go the silent route to f*ck with him like he's f*cking with you.

I used to live across the street from an LAPD officer. He told me most of this.
You have to do such things because you don't have enough torque to get away, you have to downshift just to accelerate lmao

But yes, you do have to roll down your window at least partially to hear what the cop has to say and then from there you can decide if it's a lawful question or request and be silent if it's not. You need to present driver's license and insurance when requested. If you are walking down the street and stopped by cop you don't have to present any ID.

You can even ask them questions like, am I under arrest? Because his answer to that can determine if you're legally obligated to answer. If he point blank says you are under arrest, then you can aske what the charges are, request a lawyer present before answering questions and then remain silent. If he says you are not under arrest, then you can end the buulshaat and say OK then I am free to go, I am leaving.

MadeFromDust
08-31-2014, 02:04 PM

If you didn't break the law and did nothing wrong, why you gotta be an asshole about it? Just co operate. People just like being assholes to cops just because their cops.

If you did break the law, you deserve it, but if you co operate you'll make life easier on yourself. I got my speeding fines reduced just because I didn't act like a dick to a cop for no other reason and chose to react like a decent ****ing person.
Because people are getting fed up with the bullying. Cops will lie and coerce you under threat and durress, and violate your rights if you let them. Unless you stand up for your rights, they will continue. Some people think it's worth it to stand up for their rights to freedom in this country and are standing against the evildoers with badges.

gts
08-31-2014, 02:06 PM
Because people are getting fed up with the bullying. Cops will lie and coerce you under threat and durress, and violate your rights if you let them. Unless you stand up for your rights, they will continue. Some people think it's worth it to stand up for their rights to freedom in this country and are standing against the evildoers with badges.:lol :lol :lol

dude77
08-31-2014, 02:56 PM
Because people are getting fed up with the bullying. Cops will lie and coerce you under threat and durress, and violate your rights if you let them. Unless you stand up for your rights, they will continue. Some people think it's worth it to stand up for their rights to freedom in this country and are standing against the evildoers with badges.

evildoers :oldlol: .. I agree you shouldn't take bullshit from a cop .. but you have to be tactful though .. can't just start acting like a loud chimp like I see some people do

DwnShft2Xcelr8
08-31-2014, 03:24 PM
You have to do such things because you don't have enough torque to get away, you have to downshift just to accelerate lmao

Second time you've made this same joke. Don't you think I thought of this and made fun of myself by choosing the username in the first place? :facepalm

SpecialQue
08-31-2014, 03:35 PM

One time I was speeding on the freeway and a cop pulled me over. I just flat out told him something like "oh shit, I was going that fast? Sorry about that." Gave him my license and registration and he just let me go without even writing a ticket. Guarantee that wouldn't have happened if I acted like a prick.

Godzuki
08-31-2014, 03:56 PM
One time I was speeding on the freeway and a cop pulled me over. I just flat out told him something like "oh shit, I was going that fast? Sorry about that." Gave him my license and registration and he just let me go without even writing a ticket. Guarantee that wouldn't have happened if I acted like a prick.

same kind of shit happened to me where i was sort of flying down this hill area where he was at the bottom. i was like i just turned and hit 2nd gear accelerated right after the turn a little, then neutralled down the hill, told him i knew i had to have been speeding basically owned up to it completely...and cop was like alright be right back....just told me to be careful.

SunsN07BookIt
08-31-2014, 03:57 PM

Same here. Told him yeah I was pretty much going as fast as he said, maybe faster and he let me go.

When I worked for the Department of Fish and Game, I got pulled over 4 times for speeding in one year on my way to work. The cops let me go every time as soon as they saw my state badge, even though I was not in the law enforcement arm of the dept. In fact only once did they even come to my door to talk to me, the rest of time they just waved me on when they saw the uniform.

Jakeh008
08-31-2014, 07:45 PM

Depends on your race

TylerOO
08-31-2014, 07:55 PM
Gold card?

Get out of jail free card basically. Cop in my fam, show them that and Im free to go. I drove without a license and expired shit for like 2 years and got pulled over a few times. They just tell me to get my license soon lmao

Swaggin916
09-01-2014, 04:37 AM

If I was a cop I would have decided to give you you a ticket for saying that.

That aside, I mean yea why wouldn't you just be polite they may let you off.

CarlosBoozer
09-01-2014, 06:23 AM
I agree about not acting like a prick, but not everyone can control their temper :lol