PDA

View Full Version : If OKC wins a championship, just how popular will Durant become?

russwest0
08-31-2014, 05:36 PM
This dude already OWNS the entire Midwest unlike anybody I've ever seen before.

He just inked a megadeal with Nike.

He has as good of an image as you can get, like Duncan has throughout his career. His donations to the tornado relief efforts in OKC, + his classy MVP speech, + countless stories of him being a great person all keep that up.

He has the streetball appeal because of his insane ball handling ability for his size and his ability to shoot over anyone. (see Rucker Park) He is also coming off of one of the best regular seasons of all time, so he has the box score appeal.

He has it all in regards to marketing, he's just missing the championship. He has the elite scoring ability that is fun to watch, he's got the elite height and athleticism that is fun to watch, he's as classy and humble as you could get, he's loyal, he answers reporter questions perfectly, he's well spoken, etc....

In my mind he's one championship away from being the biggest basketball player in all states except for Ohio. And also the most popular basketball player since Jordan.

navy
08-31-2014, 05:37 PM
What happens when Westbrook wins FMVP?

russwest0
08-31-2014, 05:38 PM
What happens when Westbrook wins FMVP?

You really think the media would let Westbrook have FMVP?

:yaohappy:

dubeta
http://www.hypun.com/lollibs/meme_thumb_l/123868552.jpg

stalkerforlife
I could see Bran stans jumping ship if Durant wins the title.

navy
08-31-2014, 05:40 PM
You really think the media would let Westbrook have FMVP?

:yaohappy:

Why wouldnt they? :biggums:

Cocaine80s
08-31-2014, 05:41 PM
Too ugly, tall, skinny and plays in OKC.

So no.

russwest0
08-31-2014, 05:42 PM
Why wouldnt they? :biggums:

Westbrook can't even miss a jumpshot without some new media jackass writing an article about how, they need to trade him for Rondo, how they should of kept Harden, how he's a SG and not a PG, etc, etc, etc.

No chance in hell the media would let Westbrook have FMVP.

russwest0
08-31-2014, 05:43 PM
I could see Bran stans jumping ship if Durant wins the title.

I don't know about that, but if Durant wins a title next year, it's no doubt going to shed a negative light on LeBron's means of winning titles in all comparisons. One would have battled year after year in a ridiculously stacked conference, onlly to finally break through and win it all with the team that drafted him.

And the other, well.... we all know what happened there.

stalkerforlife
08-31-2014, 05:44 PM
I don't know about that, but if Durant wins a title next year, it's no doubt going to shed a negative light on LeBron's means of winning titles in all comparisons. One would have battled year after year in a ridiculously stacked conference, onlly to finally break through and win it all with the team that drafted him.

Durant's title would hold far more weight than Bran's, for sure.

Hey Yo
08-31-2014, 05:53 PM

He just inked a megadeal with Nike.

He has as good of an image as you can get, like Duncan has throughout his career. His donations to the tornado relief efforts in OKC, + his classy MVP speech, + countless stories of him being a great person all keep that up.

He has the streetball appeal because of his insane ball handling ability for his size and his ability to shoot over anyone. (see Rucker Park) He is also coming off of one of the best regular seasons of all time, so he has the box score appeal.

He has it all in regards to marketing, he's just missing the championship. He has the elite scoring ability that is fun to watch, he's got the elite height and athleticism that is fun to watch, he's as classy and humble as you could get, he's loyal, he answers reporter questions perfectly, he's well spoken, etc....

In my mind he's one championship away from being the biggest basketball player in all states except for Ohio. And also the most popular basketball player since Jordan.
You've never seen Jordan play? You know,the guy that played for that mid-western city Chicago?

KD lacks charisma and talking skills. Dude is dull as hell.

SCdac
08-31-2014, 05:54 PM
Him and OKC winning a championship some time within the next 2 seasons would not be all out unexpected. If anything, it'd be natural progression for him / them. That's depending on what the OKC staff can surround him with, how hungry Durant is, and how much he's willing to improve his game (ie. more of a post game would help). He's got the MVP thing off his back now, so should focus on post season composure and dominance. Certainly it'd improve his popularity to be hoisting up a championship trophy

Hoopz2332
08-31-2014, 05:56 PM
Durant isnt even more popular than Derrick Rose:oldlol:

Nash
08-31-2014, 05:56 PM
Bigger than Lebron? How? Lebron literally farts and it starts trending twitter, ESPN goes into frenzy, ISH get 1000 new threads, more haters/fanboys start existing.

There is no real buzz around Durant like there is around Lebron and Kobe.

Mr Exlax
08-31-2014, 05:59 PM
Bigger than Lebron? How? Lebron literally farts and it starts trending twitter, ESPN goes into frenzy, ISH get 1000 new threads, more haters/fanboys start existing.

This.

3ball
08-31-2014, 06:02 PM
He will be recognized as the best player in the league and people will realize in hindsight and be saying that he's been the best player "for a couple years now".

They always say that.

And i think Durant will be compared to Jordan.. and i think he's already the best "next-Jordan" yet.

Hey Yo
08-31-2014, 06:05 PM

KD already lost as the favorite and leader of the team in the Finals. OKC winning a title would put him back at even, as long he was the FMVP.

Lebronxrings
08-31-2014, 06:13 PM
He will be recognized as the best player in the league and people will realize in hindsight and be saying that he's been the best player "for a couple years now".

They always say that.

And i think Durant will be compared to Jordan.. and i think he's already the best "next-Jordan" yet.
291 posts and you may be top 10 GOAT worst posters ever.

Lebronxrings
08-31-2014, 06:14 PM
its 2015 or bust for him this year. If you want him to be compared to Lebron when he wins, compare him when he loses.

dubeta
08-31-2014, 06:15 PM
its 2015 or bust for him this year. If you want him to be compared to Lebron when he wins, compare him when he loses.

:applause:

LeBron got shit for needing 2 years with a good team to win a ring

Whereas Durant is in year 6 with a stacked team and still no ring :facepalm

Just embarrassing, either put pressure on him or stop with the LeBron comparisons.

3ball
08-31-2014, 06:16 PM
Well, if he wins next year, he'll be on pace for a better frequency than Lebron...

1/2 on pace to be greater than 2/5... :banana:

Hey Yo
08-31-2014, 06:25 PM
Well, if he wins next year, he'll be on pace for a better frequency than Lebron...

1/2 on pace to be greater than 2/5... :banana:
Technically James is 2/4. Wade was still the leader of the team in 2011, until he handed the reins over to James the following season.

JohnMax
08-31-2014, 07:26 PM

Kobe and Lebron are more popular in the Midwest.

Fork
08-31-2014, 11:25 PM
Inb4 Durant chokes and robs Westbrook of a Finals MVP :lol

Fudge
08-31-2014, 11:31 PM
Biggest NBA icon since Shaq and Jordan.

It's happening.

JT123
08-31-2014, 11:35 PM
It's been ring or bust for Durant since 2012, and he has been BUST for 3 years in a row! :facepalm
After 4 straight years of failure with a super team I'm afraid Durant can never enter the top 15. If he wets the bed again this year he will never enter the top 20.

3ball
09-01-2014, 12:09 AM
Technically James is 2/4. Wade was still the leader of the team in 2011, until he handed the reins over to James the following season.
Is that what you call choking it away with like 4 straight games with 2 points or less in the fourth quarter?

Lebron led the Heat in FGA in every series in 2011 except the Finals, where he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, and all of a sudden was afraid to shoot.

3ball
09-01-2014, 12:12 AM
But at least he guarded the PF Dirk Nowitski because Lebron is a PF and guards PF's.... oh wait

russwest0
09-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Biggest NBA icon since Shaq and Jordan.

It's happening.

The dude is about to have it ALL.

Off the court class act image of Duncan
On the court assassin image of Kobe
Effortlessly leading the league in scoring year after year like MJ
Streetball appeal of Iverson
Loyalty/humble image of Dirk

And he's as well spoken and as good at answering reporters questions as I've seen from any NBA player before.

Under Armour knew what they were doing. The only "risk" they were taking was based on the fact that they don't have much brand loyalty in the basketball shoe game yet.

russwest0
09-01-2014, 12:19 AM
But at least he guarded the PF Dirk Nowitski because Lebron is a PF and guards PF's.... oh wait

Lol every site that contains advanced defensive stats shits on the idea that LeBron these past 2 years has been anything other than a below average defender, particularly on guys bigger than him.

Durant is much better at guarding PF's and C's because of his length, but the media doesn't care, because LeBron has like 10 more pounds on KD they'll act like it negates the huge statistical difference when both guard PF's :oldlol:

Cold soul
09-01-2014, 01:49 PM

Well said. No offense to Durant but he's boring.

La Frescobaldi
09-01-2014, 03:43 PM
He needs 2 full levels of better defense before he'll ever amount to much.

He's a better scoring Bernard King of the '10s.

Kevin Urant.