PDA

View Full Version : Lillard not making the USA Team

Maga_1
08-31-2014, 07:26 PM
(First of all, i'm asking to the Portland Trail Blazers mod forum to not block or report this thread, it's just to derail attention from the main forum).

Guys, like i pm'd you there's this thread for us to keep discussing the FIBA World Cup hopefully without all the negative stuff regards Euroleague and his followers.
I hope this last, at least it's a try.

robert de niro
08-31-2014, 08:22 PM
:applause: by the way, I think I saw your team in the private league of insidehoops in basketme

Maga_1
08-31-2014, 08:30 PM
:applause: by the way, I think I saw your team in the private league of insidehoops in basketme

Probably, but i'm not doing that well there :lol
I think our fellow jamal99 is the 2nd overall if i'm not mistaken.

Legends66NBA7
08-31-2014, 08:43 PM
Hey Maga, I PM'd you for a second option if you wanted more moderation. Let me know what you think.

Maga_1
08-31-2014, 08:56 PM
Hey Maga, I PM'd you for a second option if you wanted more moderation. Let me know what you think.

Pm'd you back, thanks :cheers:

Dr.J4ever
09-01-2014, 01:18 AM
Maga, it's pretty much unbearable over there with EL and all, but I just hope the other Euro guys come over here. I'm skeptical though if they will.

Man, they really should ban EL. It's just time. I guarantee you the other Americans who are trolling are only saying what they are saying because of EL. It's hard not to answer sometimes because he can be infuriating, especially when you're not in the mood. Other times I just try to laugh it off.

jamal99
09-01-2014, 04:30 AM
Probably, but i'm not doing that well there :lol
I think our fellow jamal99 is the 2nd overall if i'm not mistaken.
Thanks for invite to this thread :cheers:

And wow, I forgot about that stuff and I really am 2nd overall :lol

Sakkreth
09-01-2014, 05:15 AM
I bet he somehow founds it, if it gets active.

Edit: Interesting fact, Saric yesterday in a match vs Puerto Rico got elbow to the face and lost 6 teeth, but continued to play and dropped 16 points.

Maga_1
09-01-2014, 06:23 AM
Maga, it's pretty much unbearable over there with EL and all, but I just hope the other Euro guys come over here. I'm skeptical though if they will.

Man, they really should ban EL. It's just time. I guarantee you the other Americans who are trolling are only saying what they are saying because of EL. It's hard not to answer sometimes because he can be infuriating, especially when you're not in the mood. Other times I just try to laugh it off.

Dr., i pm'd the other 12 or 15 guys that normally goes to this threads to talk about international competitions... i just hope they see the messages.

I had people pm'd (some americans who just troll them) saying "Yea, sorry about that i respect Euro Ball, but i can't pass the shit that Euroleague says". :(

Just give it a try, if it's not working.. we go back to the main topic.

Maga_1
09-01-2014, 06:25 AM
Thanks for invite to this thread :cheers:

And wow, I forgot about that stuff and I really am 2nd overall :lol

You don't have to thank me, i think it's a favour that we are making to each other to come to this thread. :lol
I knew it was you ahahahah

I bet he somehow founds it, if it gets active.

Edit: Interesting fact, Saric yesterday in a match vs Puerto Rico got elbow to the face and lost 6 teeth, but continued to play and dropped 16 points.

Let's hope not.
Really? That's messed up. He can't catch a break in that mouth area :wtf:

Maga_1
09-01-2014, 06:29 AM
Oh btw, if you guys want to know the other people that i pm'd were:
Lebron23, fpliii, USABall, SpanishACB, kaktus14, steve, tommy3, fiba basketball, MP.Trey and Grinder.

Anymore sugestions?

Sakkreth
09-01-2014, 07:03 AM
Just don't invite Oly_BC as he's obviously Euroleague's alt. You all probably know that, but it's just heads up to make sure. And you could inv CeltsGarlic, he's Lithuanian with some sense, he wasn't posting much lately though.

Grinder
09-01-2014, 07:23 AM
Great first half from Senegal. Maurice N'Dour has been disappointing in this tournament so far. He was a beast for Ohio U this past season.

If Senegal can hold on to the win and Puerto Rico manages to beat Greece, this group will become really interesting. :oldlol

jamal99
09-01-2014, 08:09 AM
Bogdanovic is killing my fantasy team :facepalm

Sakkreth
09-01-2014, 08:34 AM
Senegal wins :applause:

Tomic getting exposed on defense.

Grinder
09-01-2014, 08:37 AM
Senegal wins :applause:

Tomic getting exposed on defense.

He's such a pathetically soft player. He was kicking the ball out when had a guard on him right under the rim at the end of the game. :roll:

Maga_1
09-01-2014, 08:48 AM
I just finished watching Senegal-Croatia.
Dieng was totally abusing Tomic and Andric, it wasn't even funny.

Tomic finished with 14 and 9, and his impact on the game was 0...
Saric was the best player today, by a long margin.

Sakkreth
09-01-2014, 08:48 AM
He's such a pathetically soft player. He was kicking the ball out when had a guard on him right under the rim at the end of the game. :roll:

Well I am biased against him since 2009-2010 season when Real signed him mid season and he took D.Lavrinovic place pretty much when Real was playing amazingly well and D.Lavrinovic had couple weekly MVP's that season for real in Euroleague until that point.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euroleague_2009%E2%80%9310_Regular_Season_Group_D
(Game 1 and game 2)
After signing real started sucking that season, but for some reason Tomic was played more than Darjus.

I think Tomic is one of the most overrated players in euroleague, he got some skills offensively, but as you mentioned soft as hell and also liability on defense despite his height.

Maga_1
09-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Pretty shitty games today, only one that can be good is the last one.

Sakkreth
09-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Pretty shitty games today, only one that can be good is the last one.

You didn't like Senegal game ? :D

Maga_1
09-01-2014, 09:25 AM
You didn't like Senegal game ? :D

Ohh besides that one, and i wasnt expecting that..i REALLY wasn't.

Dr.J4ever
09-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Oh btw, if you guys want to know the other people that i pm'd were:
Lebron23, fpliii, USABall, SpanishACB, kaktus14, steve, tommy3, fiba basketball, MP.Trey and Grinder.

Anymore sugestions?

I would recommend Gabepizza. He trolls EL for the fun of it, but he actually is one of the most Knowledgeable Americans on fiba ball in the forum.

Dr.J4ever
09-01-2014, 10:52 AM
I didn't see the game, but Saric with another all around effort: 15points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 turnover, 6-9FG:applause:

SpanishACB
09-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Yeah I've read some gabepizza's posts and when he's not fighting with EL he actually posts worthwhile reads regarding international basketball.

Maga_1
09-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Done pm'ing some other guys :cheers:

Did anyone catch Gilas x Argentina?
I was practising and i'm not sure if i want to watch the game before my night practice... just a 4 point win?

SpanishACB
09-01-2014, 01:55 PM
I don't think it's going to work but anyway:

http://www.mitele.es/directo/mundobasket-2014/

all games played online there live, Spanish commentary. Totally inside the realm of the law too.

PR vs Greece soon.

Dr.J4ever
09-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Done pm'ing some other guys :cheers:

Did anyone catch Gilas x Argentina?
I was practising and i'm not sure if i want to watch the game before my night practice... just a 4 point win?

Yes, I saw most of it. The Philippines have been a story here in this tournament. They have given some superior teams all they can handle.

They have very quick guards, and many of their players have good handles and very flexible. Their weakness: too undersized.

They have a chance though going up against PR and Senegal coming up. If they can win both, can they get through?

Dr.J4ever
09-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Here's a good article by ESPN's Marc Stein on what Ataman did to cramp the US style. Did he find Kryptonite that other teams may imitate?

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/2927/team-usa-avoids-ataman-induced-stumble

Fiba basketball
09-01-2014, 02:02 PM
Spain vs Brazil should be the best game in group stages

SpanishACB
09-01-2014, 02:04 PM

If Greece wins, Spain will tank because they're scared of Greece.

That's the discussion going on in the actual thread (albeit only EL) :lol

MP.Trey
09-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Very excited. Hope Brazil will give them a run, will be rooting for Andy to do well.

Grinder
09-01-2014, 02:26 PM
I'm still not sold on Brazil. They always seem to disappoint at these tournaments. However, they may be able to go deep if Marquinhos and Alex continue to be consistent. Neto may have to step up to spell Huertas at times as well.

MP.Trey
09-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Spain is thoroughly dominating Brazil so far. :eek:

kaktus14
09-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Pau is such a amazing player to watch when he plays with emotion,last couple of years in NBA he really seemed he didnt want to be out there playing,well who could blame him:D

SpanishACB
09-01-2014, 04:59 PM
just got home for the second half

let's see how it goes

kaktus14
09-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Lol Pau making his best Ray Ray impression

jamal99
09-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Pau raining from 3 point range. What a player...

I didn't expect this kind of domination from Spain, I was surw they're gonna win, but not like this...

Maga_1
09-01-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm watching the recap in NBATV right now.

I'm biased, totally biased.
But isn't Rodriguez the best PG for Spain right now?

MP.Trey
09-01-2014, 08:48 PM
I'm watching the recap in NBATV right now.

I'm biased, totally biased.
But isn't Rodriguez the best PG for Spain right now?
I swear Ricky Rubio gets worse every time I watch him. Only watched the first half but he looked out of control and like usual couldn't provide a lick of scoring.

Maga_1
09-01-2014, 10:53 PM
I swear Ricky Rubio gets worse every time I watch him. Only watched the first half but he looked out of control and like usual couldn't provide a lick of scoring.

He's good defensively, he pressure a lot on the ball but especially those lines off the ball. He controls the tempo of the game well, that's it.

Rodriguez when getting playing time is scoring, assisting and putting on a show. Ok that his defense is subpar, but still.. it doesn't look really bad, because the other 4 guys are mostly good defenders.