PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Players if you couldnt look at stats/boxscores??

dubeta
09-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Who would be your top 5 players if all you had to make your judgement was watching games? ie. Theres no stats or boxscores for you to look at, you just had the eye test?

IMO

Steph Curry
Derrick Rose
Westbrook
LeBron
Kyrie Irving

Imo it would be very Point Guard focused as Pg's tend to be more skilled and thus look like superior players if you just watch them instead of looking at stats

fpliii
09-01-2014, 11:29 PM
I'm not sure. Bird IMO is the GOAT eye test player, and he played off-ball a ton.

Smook A.
09-01-2014, 11:30 PM
I always feel like Melo scores 50 when I watch him play without looking at the box score.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-01-2014, 11:33 PM
Mike
Larry
Shaq
Hakeem
Kobe

Bron is dominant, and fills up the statsheet like nobody ever has (well maybe except for Wilt), but disappears too long of stretches for me to consider him top 5.

Nuff Said
09-01-2014, 11:33 PM
I'm not sure. Bird IMO is the GOAT eye test player, and he played off-ball a ton.
This dude clearly is talkin about current players

1. Kd
2. Lebron
3. Westbrook
4. Cp3
5. Griffin

KD because he's always a thread even when he's off. Not so much lebron.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-01-2014, 11:36 PM

1. Kd
2. Lebron
3. Westbrook
4. Cp3
5. Griffin

Alright so currently:

KD
LeBron
Melo
Rose (pre injury)
Curry

inclinerator
09-01-2014, 11:49 PM

1. Kd
2. Lebron
3. Westbrook
4. Cp3
5. Griffin

always a thread

Nuff Said
09-02-2014, 12:07 AM
always a thread
Yeah n1gga. A mutha****in thread.

UK2K
09-02-2014, 12:42 AM
Deandre Jordan should be #3.

Nobody in the NBA affects a game like he does.

hawksdogsbraves
09-02-2014, 12:52 AM
If there were no stats, you'd probably never list any players on shitty teams, so Melo is right out.

I'd say KD, Bran, Griffin, Curry, and Dwight.

oarabbus
09-02-2014, 01:36 AM

Why Bird and not MJ?

fpliii
09-02-2014, 01:44 AM
Why Bird and not MJ?
I like MJ a ton, especially after he started playing in the triangle, and playing off-ball more. He might be my pick.

The thing about Bird though, is from the tape I've seen (which is limited, since I wasn't watching at the time, I'm always looking to watch more of him), is he'd handle the ball for a very, very short amount of time. He'd make incredibly quick touch passes, make a quick steal or defensive play and get the ball to a teammate, or take a quick shot or post up with a quick move.

Almost every offensive superstar needs the ball in his hands to be successful. Bird handled the ball so little in comparison (again, from what I've seen), and did so much with each brief possession. Amazingly quick hands, and tremendous BBall IQ.

Now, MJ probably had quicker hands, and a comparable IQ. The thing is though, I've seen him isolate so much (especially late in games) in comparison. At worst though, he's certainly an honorable mention.

oarabbus
09-02-2014, 01:34 PM
I like MJ a ton, especially after he started playing in the triangle, and playing off-ball more. He might be my pick.

The thing about Bird though, is from the tape I've seen (which is limited, since I wasn't watching at the time, I'm always looking to watch more of him), is he'd handle the ball for a very, very short amount of time. He'd make incredibly quick touch passes, make a quick steal or defensive play and get the ball to a teammate, or take a quick shot or post up with a quick move.

Almost every offensive superstar needs the ball in his hands to be successful. Bird handled the ball so little in comparison (again, from what I've seen), and did so much with each brief possession. Amazingly quick hands, and tremendous BBall IQ.

Now, MJ probably had quicker hands, and a comparable IQ. The thing is though, I've seen him isolate so much (especially late in games) in comparison. At worst though, he's certainly an honorable mention.

I feel that. Larry Legend :applause:

Easily the "Made the most with the least" GOAT as well. Imagine Bird with athleticism even in the 20th or 30th potential and a solid lower back :eek: Jordan who??

BoutPractice
09-02-2014, 01:49 PM
I'd say that the players most underrated by boxscores are those that play for deep, championship level teams. Teams that have the luxury of using star talent as mere cogs in the machine. For example, members of the Spurs Big 4 look (and are in fact) better on the court than their stats suggest.

Similarly, those most overrated by boxscores are those that need to "stretch" their talent playing for teams starving for true star power. Think Ricky Davis in Cleveland, or Corey Maggette on the 08 Clippers.

rule1223
09-02-2014, 01:56 PM
how is the answer not kobe? if i ever saw someone scoring 81 point in everyway possible, layups, fadeaways, threes, dunks i wouldnt need to watch anyone else to tell you whos the best, you wouldnt even know its 81 points, youd think it was around 100 cuz hes seemingly scoring every possession

IncarceratedBob
09-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Lebron has one of the ugliest games I've ever seen

ImKobe
09-02-2014, 02:13 PM
MJ
Kobe
T-Mac
Hakeem
Westbrook

Pure entertainment value-wise. MJ gave you everything you could as for on both ends, Kobe & T-Mac obviously when they get ridiculously hot, Hakeem could do everything on the offensive side and Westbrook can be very entertaining, arguably the most athletic PG every with D.Rose.

Even though I hated this moment when it happened, Russ knows how to entertain the crowd, that was just crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFMkSJAsVUI

OTOH, **** RAMON SESSIONS

GODbe
09-02-2014, 02:17 PM
So eye test alone?

Kobe
Durant
Magic
Bird
Hakeem

:lol Why do some of you have LeBald in your list? It's heart breakingly obvious he'd be considered the worst player ever if everyone on earth used the eye-test instead of numbers.

Mr Exlax
09-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Jason Kidd
MJ
LeBron
Shawn Kemp
Hakeem

oh shit current.

Westbrook
Harden
LeBron
Aldridge