PDA

View Full Version : Another American Beheaded by ISIS.

brandonislegend
09-02-2014, 01:51 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/02/world/meast/isis-american-journalist-sotloff/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Shade8780
09-02-2014, 01:55 PM
inb4 shitstorm.

Riley Martin
09-02-2014, 01:56 PM
They won't stop. They must be stopped.

Nick Young
just send in a fleet of drones and firebomb these assholes:mad:

senelcoolidge
I hope the President was not serious when he said he had no plan. Maybe he said that to throw off the enemy. Because if he really had no plan than screw him. Get his ass out of there and get someone with a freaking ball sack that will kill these mutherfockers off the face of the Earth. The President is talking about raising minimum wages, bringing in illegals, and going to parties..rather than taking care of business. Come on!

Nick Young
09-02-2014, 02:03 PM
I hope the President was not serious when he said he had no plan. Maybe he said that to throw off the enemy. Because if he really had no plan than screw him. Get his ass out of there and get someone with a freaking ball sack that will kill these mutherfockers off the face of the Earth. The President is talking about raising minimum wages, bringing in illegals, and going to parties..rather than taking care of business. Come on!
FORREAL!

I ready somewhere about British and US special forces teaming up with the sole mission of destroying ISIS by striking their command structure, is their any truth in this?

I am against war usually but these ISIS bitches got to get got!

cuad
09-02-2014, 02:03 PM
Black people have killed more Americans than ISIS.

:biggums: :biggums:

fpliii
09-02-2014, 02:04 PM
just send in a fleet of drones and firebomb these assholes:mad:
Pretty much. Religion in 2014. :facepalm

brandonislegend
09-02-2014, 02:21 PM
This shits cray.

TylerOO
09-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Shit looks fake as shit

Riley Martin
09-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Their next one:

http://i.imgur.com/X55Q9EWl.png

dude77
09-02-2014, 02:33 PM
anyone seen the video ? according to cnn, it sounds like it's the same mo as the foley video without the speech

pauk
09-02-2014, 02:33 PM

Im no fan of religion either but the thing is, Islam & hence all its concrete followers condemn them, thats why they kill those too.... literally anybody who doesnt go along with their distorted ideology must be killed, nothing else... Its a bunch of guys with a screw loose & they do breed it seems...

TylerOO
09-02-2014, 02:35 PM
anyone seen the video ? according to cnn, it sounds like it's the same mo as the foley video without the speech

Yeah I just watched it. Once again fades once the knife is to the dudes throat and they show his "body" with his head sitting on his stomach but it clearly is edited. I dont think they killed this guy.

bagelred
09-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Propaganda working like a charm....get riled up Americans.

SunsN07BookIt
09-02-2014, 02:40 PM
This is like a rat pulling on the tail of a tiger asking for a fight. I don't get it.

I can understand how they might feel justified in doing this but I don't understand their tactics. They already have their hands full "liberating" Iraq and Russia, why would they want to drag the Americans kicking and screaming into attacking them with force. Unless Putin is rewarding them to make a distraction during his invasion of Ukraine...

Nick Young
09-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Im no fan of religion either but the thing is, Islam & hence all its concrete followers condemn them, thats why they kill those too.... literally anybody who doesnt go along with their distorted ideology must be killed, nothing else... Its a bunch of guys with a screw loose & they do breed it seems...
the thing is though, they are following the instructions in the Koran, and are trying to emulate the original muslims did, when the religion first started and was a violent army lead by Mohammad. It's not like they are distorting their religion, more like they are following the rulebook to a T.

The Koran contains 109 verses that are calls to war against nonbelievers.

"Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

"Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

"The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

The people in ISIS just believe they are being good muslims waging a holy war.

fpliii
09-02-2014, 02:46 PM
I definitely agree with this. Not speaking against Islam, but religion in general. Even if its against the true ideology of the faith, the fact that any of these religions exist allows indoctrination, which enables some of these sick individuals and groups to build up followings. Disgusting.

Nick Young
09-02-2014, 02:47 PM
This is like a rat pulling on the tail of a tiger asking for a fight. I don't get it.

I can understand how they might feel justified in doing this but I don't understand their tactics. They already have their hands full "liberating" Iraq and Russia, why would they want to drag the Americans kicking and screaming into attacking them with force. Unless Putin is rewarding them to make a distraction during his invasion of Ukraine...
They are opportunists taking advantage of a weak leader who is in over his head when it comes to war.

Nick Young
09-02-2014, 02:52 PM
I definitely agree with this. Not speaking against Islam, but religion in general. Even if its against the true ideology of the faith, the fact that any of these religions exist allows indoctrination, which enables some of these sick individuals and groups to build up followings. Disgusting.
Some might say that it not only allows extremism but encourages it.

Just look up the history of the beginning of Islam. Mohammad is the guy muslims look up to most and he was a violent bloodthirsty pedofile.

SunsN07BookIt
09-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Mohammad is the guy muslims look up to most and he was a violent bloodthirsty pedofile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWmOsPJgE0s

Nick Young
09-02-2014, 03:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWmOsPJgE0s
its true doe. Mohammad was a historic figure. He had several wives under the age of 11. He went on a murder rampage while spreading his religion and instructed his followers to chop of enemies heads, and burn down their holy sites and build mosques on top of them.

Hopefully no Jihads will be issued against me for writing down truthful facts about a historical figure.

Nanners
09-02-2014, 03:02 PM
just last night one of the admins was ranting about how people on this message board always criticize israel but never criticize any other middle eastern people, such as terrorist groups like isis.

do they just completely ignore threads like this?

~primetime~
09-02-2014, 03:02 PM
every time something like this happens my first thoughts are "NUKE EVERYONE"!!!!

http://lygsbtd.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/mushroom-cloud.jpg

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/everyone.gif

dude77
09-02-2014, 03:05 PM
if it's real, that looks like it went much worse than foley's demise for some reason .. and they didn't even bother to close his eyes .. can't imagine his family seeing that shit .. hopefully they never do

imdaman99
09-02-2014, 03:23 PM
its true doe. Mohammad was a historic figure. He had several wives under the age of 11. He went on a murder rampage while spreading his religion and instructed his followers to chop of enemies heads, and burn down their holy sites and build mosques on top of them.

Hopefully no Jihads will be issued against me for writing down truthful facts about a historical figure.
Please stop typing the same old ignorant garbage in every thread. Your hate mongering is not working.

ISIS has been killing muslims and nobody cared because deep down you were rejoicing. Now they are putting on a show for you Americans and all of a sudden you wanna act like you care? Why don't you go out there and show us what your patriotic ass can do? No, you would rather sit behind a computer and try to put down a religion that is supposed to be peaceful :oldlol:

PS I hate ISIS, I am as anti-terrorism as it gets.

NumberSix
09-02-2014, 03:25 PM
This is such a coward's way of framing things.

You might not like religion in general, but there's nothing wrong with pointing out that there is a particular problem with islam. You don't have to pretend that ideologies are all exactly equal to seem objective.

navy
09-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Any confirmation if these are real or not?

Send in the drones anyways, but I would keep a eye out for fakes.

fpliii
09-02-2014, 03:32 PM
This is such a coward's way of framing things.

You might not like religion in general, but there's nothing wrong with pointing out that there is a particular problem with islam. You don't have to pretend that ideologies are all exactly equal to seem objective.
Don't put words in my mouth. If I believed that, I would say that.

NumberSix
09-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Don't put words in my mouth. If I believed that, I would say that.
If you think there isn't a particular problem with islam, you have no critical thinking skills.

Nick Young
09-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Please stop typing the same old ignorant garbage in every thread. Your hate mongering is not working.

ISIS has been killing muslims and nobody cared because deep down you were rejoicing. Now they are putting on a show for you Americans and all of a sudden you wanna act like you care? Why don't you go out there and show us what your patriotic ass can do? No, you would rather sit behind a computer and try to put down a religion that is supposed to be peaceful :oldlol:

PS I hate ISIS, I am as anti-terrorism as it gets.
I've been against ISIS and posting against them even back in the days when USA and UK were warmongering in Syria and trying to promote ISIS as 'noble freedom fighters'. David Cameron wanted to take the UK in to Syria on the same side as ISIS, and USA assisted them with training and weapons PAID FOR WITH AMERICAN TAX DOLLARS. I was always against this dark ages fundamentalist shit!

What have I said that is hatemongering?

Everything I said about Mohammad is true. Do you know anything about the history of Islam?

Mohammad was an actual human being, and a warlord. I am allowed to call Attilla the Hun or Ghengis Khan bloodthirsty warlords but not do the same for Mohammad? Why?

I'm not hate-mongering. I'm only speaking in historic facts. Educate yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad#Beginning_of_armed_conflict

Read about the seige of Medina for example.

Maybe Islam is supposed to be 'peaceful' as you say, but if you look at historic fact, the religion certainly did not start out as peaceful, and if you look in the holy book (did you even read it?) there are 109 verses calling for war against non-believers and instructions how to fight and execute non-believers.

How is it hatemongering to talk about history of a religion and verses written in a religions holy book? I'm just trying to be objective.

fpliii
09-02-2014, 03:34 PM
If you think there isn't a particular problem with islam, you have no critical thinking skills.
Not your place to say that about me, but believe what you will.

Nick Young
09-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Not your place to say that about me, but believe what you will.
Are you familiar with the history of the founding of Islam, or the words written in its holy book?:confusedshrug:

Patrick Chewing
09-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Link to the video?

Patrick Chewing
09-02-2014, 04:04 PM
http://www.barenakedislam.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/BpMM13xCEAAeFgJ.jpg

tpols
09-02-2014, 04:05 PM
every time something like this happens my first thoughts are "NUKE EVERYONE"!!!!

http://lygsbtd.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/mushroom-cloud.jpg

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/everyone.gif

nah thats too painless.. chain them up in guatanomo for the rest of their lives and feed them rat shit with nightly ass fkings. Keep them alive.

TheMan
09-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I thought Islam was the religion of peace? Seems to be a lot of hate and violence in the Koran (if those quotes that Nick posted are in fact in the Koran) :facepalm

I do understand Mohammed married underage girls and did lead his armies into battle solely based on religion and conquest. Dude is like the total opposite of Jesus Christ...

Nick Young
09-02-2014, 04:20 PM
I thought Islam was the religion of peace? Seems to be a lot of hate and violence in the Koran (if those quotes that Nick posted are in fact in the Koran) :facepalm

I do understand Mohammed married underage girls and did lead his armies into battle solely based on religion and conquest. Dude is like the total opposite of Jesus Christ...
Those quotes are infact in the Koran.

There are peaceful contradictory verses earlier in the Koran.

Unfortunately, the instructions for following the Koran are, when there are contradictions in the book, follow the verse that comes later in the book.

Maybe Islam is a religion of peace, but it is a religion founded and spread through armed military conflict.

This is not racist or 'islamophobic' to claim. It is a historically accurate fact.

PullupJay
09-02-2014, 04:20 PM
:banghead:

TheMan
09-02-2014, 04:23 PM
http://www.barenakedislam.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/BpMM13xCEAAeFgJ.jpg
:biggums:

Patrick Chewing
09-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Maybe Islam is a religion of peace

It's only peaceful when everyone that's not like them are dead or on another planet.

Patrick Chewing
09-02-2014, 04:30 PM
:biggums:

Sick shit, huh?? Coming to country near you.

qrich
09-02-2014, 04:33 PM
All religion is idiotic, and if you twist it enough, can make it sound like whatever you want.

NumberSix
09-02-2014, 04:35 PM
All religion is idiotic, and if you twist it enough, can make it sound like whatever you want.

You notice that Hinduism doesn't have to constantly try to convince people that Hinduism is a "religion of peace".

Nick Young
09-02-2014, 04:37 PM
No one in here is twisting Islam.

Look at the history of the founding and spread of religion. Look at the history of Mohammad marrying 9 year olds and forcing people to convert to Islam at the sword.

I am not 'perverting the truth' that is what actually happened.

These Koranic verses and sharia law are not 'twisting the truth'. that stuff is actually in the religion.

I don't see also how you can say Buddhism for example is idiotic. It is basically positive self help. There are many religions that don't encourage followers to be militant and commit acts of violence or cut off womens clits.

9erempiree
09-02-2014, 04:42 PM

Look at the history of the founding and spread of religion. Look at the history of Mohammad marrying 9 year olds and forcing people to convert to Islam at the sword.

These Koranic verses and sharia law are not 'twisting the truth'. that stuff is actually in the religion.

I don't see also how you can say Buddhism for example is idiotic. It is basically positive self help. There are many religions that don't encourage followers to be militant and commit acts of violence or cut off womens clits.

This is real talk.

While many people think we are twisting the truth, the shocking thing is that it's all real.

NumberSix
09-02-2014, 04:44 PM

People simply can't comprehend that the koran is a different book from the bible and that different books say different things.

It like arguing that "mein kampf" and "on the origin of species" can both be "twisted" and that one book's ideology isn't inherently more dangerous than the other. The old "everything is equal" nonsense.

~primetime~
09-02-2014, 04:47 PM
I don't think they are equal in stupidity...Buddhism seems pretty violence free, they seem good humans

honestly Muslim seem to be the worst offender to me...that religion needs to evolve a little, or a lot even

Patrick Chewing
09-02-2014, 04:49 PM
The massacre of the Jews at Banu Qurayza

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Banu_Qurayza

First evidence of Mohammed sanctioning beheadings.

Doesn't sound like something Jesus would do.

9erempiree
09-02-2014, 04:53 PM
I don't think they are equal in stupidity...Buddhism seems pretty violence free, they seem good humans

honestly Muslim seem to be the worst offender to me...that religion needs to evolve a little, or a lot even

In fact anyone who is not very religious or consider themselves an atheist, their beliefs tend to lean more towards Buddhism as it promotes peace and non-violence on every level.

Nick Young
09-02-2014, 04:55 PM
The massacre of the Jews at Banu Qurayza

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Banu_Qurayza

First evidence of Mohammed sanctioning beheadings.

Doesn't sound like something Jesus would do.
Stop twisting things bro! Islam is a religion of peace! It's founders were peace loving humanitarians!

qrich
09-02-2014, 04:55 PM

Yet, many Imam's will contradict everything that was posted there.

Yet, I've heard many Christians/Catholics/Jews use selective Bible verses to pull forward that whatever race they are is the chosen one, and are therefore, superior?

Buddhism also isn't a religion and no one's saying Islam = peace, but yeah, you can choose to have selective comprehension there as well :applause:

You notice that Hinduism doesn't have to constantly try to convince people that Hinduism is a "religion of peace".

Because Hinduism doesn't have extremists that make it look bad?

Buddhism isn't a religion though.

"It is neither a religion in the sense in which that word is commonly understood, for it is not "a system of faith and worship owing any allegiance to a supernatural being." Buddhism does not demand blind faith from its adherents."

Nick Young
09-02-2014, 04:59 PM

Yet, I've heard many Christians/Catholics/Jews use selective Bible verses to pull forward that whatever race they are is the chosen one, and are therefore, superior?

Buddhism also isn't a religion and no one's saying Islam = peace, but yeah, you can choose to have selective comprehension there as well :applause:

"It is neither a religion in the sense in which that word is commonly understood, for it is not "a system of faith and worship owing any allegiance to a supernatural being." Buddhism does not demand blind faith from its adherents."
Buddhism is a religion. It is just a religion followed differently then abrahamic religions are followed.

Are Christians/Catholics/Jews instructed to cut off womens clitorises when they are born? Are they instructed to spread terror in the hearts of non believers through whatever means necessary? Are they instructed to behead non-believers in the Torah and the New Testament? Are they instructed to forcibly convert people to their religion by the sword?

Post some relevant verses bro.

You appear to be someone who knows very little about the contents of the Koran, or the history of Mohammad and his spread of Islam. You appear to be someone who things that Mohammad was a peace loving prophet whose words have been distorted over time to cause war that he never wanted.

Riley Martin
09-02-2014, 05:00 PM
It's a nontheistic religion.

~primetime~
09-02-2014, 05:03 PM

They all follow the teachings of "Buddha" :confusedshrug:

they have churches...follow a scripture...etc

imdaman99
09-02-2014, 05:05 PM

How dare you bring logic into a thread where the usual clowns are bashing Islam? :hammerhead:

qrich
09-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Buddhism is a religion. It is just a religion followed differently then abrahamic religions are followed.

Are Christians/Catholics/Jews instructed to cut off womens clitorises when they are born? Are they instructed to spread terror in the hearts of non believers through whatever means necessary? Are they instructed to behead non-believers in the Torah and the New Testament? Are they instructed to forcibly convert people to their religion by the sword?

Post some relevant verses bro.

No deity.

Defaming the body, is defaming the body.

The Christian Knights of America are instructed to hate anyone that isn't White and do what they can to ensure that anyone that isn't White doesn't go anywhere.

Did Christians/Catholics not attempt to exterminate an entire race as well, because of what they were taught as children, through whatever means as necessary?

You appear to be someone who knows very little about the contents of the Koran, or the history of Mohammad and his spread of Islam. You appear to be someone who things that Mohammad was a peace loving prophet whose words have been distorted over time to cause war that he never wanted.

Actually, I've read the Qur'an. I've read the Bible (including the books the Catholics include that Christians don't.) I've read the Book of Mormon. I've talked to numerous Rabbis, Priests, Imams, Pastors, Deacons, Reverends, Ministers, etc. about all religion.

So nice try there, kid.

Also:

"Truly those who believe, and the Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabaeans - whoever believes in God and the Last Day and performs virtuous deeds - surely their reward is with their Sustainer, and no fear shall come upon them, neither shall they grieve. "

senelcoolidge
09-02-2014, 05:06 PM
:rolleyes: yeah Christians, Buddhist, Hindu's, Sikhs, Jews, and other lesser religions are chopping off people's heads because they disagree with their ideology. Just be glad that you live in a country with a Judeo-Christian foundation. Because you wouldn't have the freedoms that you have now. You couldn't walk around with your gay pride like Magic Johnson's son or criticize the President. Look at Israel, out of all the countries in the Middle East it's the country that has Jews, Christians, and Muslims living together. That wouldn't be tolerated in the neighboring countries. Or look at the past Atheistic governments like the Nazi's and the Communist..how did that work out?

Patrick Chewing
09-02-2014, 05:09 PM
No deity.

Did Christians/Catholics not attempt to exterminate an entire race as well, because of what they were taught as children, through whatever means as necessary?

Hitler was not killing Jews in the name of Jesus or Christianity.

imdaman99
09-02-2014, 05:09 PM

Muslim is not the name of the religion, it's Islam :kobe:

And I just think the problem with a lot of the followers is they are misguided and uneducated. Living in 3rd world poor countries when you have tyrants as their leaders is not a proper representation of Islam, or as you put it Muslim.

~primetime~
09-02-2014, 05:13 PM

And I just think the problem with a lot of the followers is they are misguided and uneducated. Living in 3rd world poor countries when you have tyrants as their leaders is not a proper representation of Islam, or as you put it Muslim.
*Muslims

there are plenty of Buddhists that come form poor backgrounds...:confusedshrug:

~primetime~
09-02-2014, 05:15 PM
No deity.

Defaming the body, is defaming the body.

The Christian Knights of America are instructed to hate anyone that isn't White and do what they can to ensure that anyone that isn't White doesn't go anywhere.

I'm talking about today...not all time

qrich
09-02-2014, 05:20 PM
I'm talking about today...not all time

I'm talking period, when it comes to extremists.

Also, some don't view Buddhism as a religion due to no Deity.

Hitler was not killing Jews in the name of Jesus or Christianity.

:rolleyes:

Yes, the master race must all be Christian/Catholic!!!!

qrich
09-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Shall we view some Bible Verses?

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him.

"The ark of God was placed on a new cart and taken away from the house of Abinadab on the hill. Uzzah and Ahio, sons of Abinadab guided the cart, with Ahio walking before it, while David and all the Israelites made merry before the Lord with all their strength, with singing and with citharas, harps, tambourines, sistrums, and cymbals."
"When they came to the threshing floor of Nodan, Uzzah reached out his hand to the ark of God to steady it, for the oxen were making it tip. But the Lord was angry with Uzzah; God struck him on that spot, and he died there before God."

"Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers

"If, a slave beat by the rod of his master survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property."

"The spirit of the Lord came upon him (Sampson), and he went down to Ashkelon, where he killed thirty of their men and despoiled them; he gave their garments to those who had answered his riddle." (Sampson used the garments to pay off a bet he lost.) Judges 14:19 NAB

"While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was discovered gathering wood on the Sabbath day. Those who caught him at it brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly. But they kept him in custody, for there was no clear decision as to what should be done with him. Then the Lord said to Moses, "This man shall be put to death; let the whole community stone him outside the camp." So the whole community led him outside the camp and stoned him to death as the Lord had commanded Moses."

So the Bible says its okay to have slaves and beat them.

Kill the Jews.

If you owe a debt due to gambling, its okay to kill t pay it off.

Sons should be killed due to their fathers.

Don't listen to a "prophet" and get mauled.

Try to be a good Samaritan and get killed.

If you attempt to predict the future, you shall be put to death.

Nick Young
09-02-2014, 05:25 PM
No deity.

Your definition of religion is misinformed. You don't need a deity for a belief system to be considered a religion.
RELIGION
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:

a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:

Hmm, sounds like a definition that Buddhism fits in to.

Nick Young
09-02-2014, 05:27 PM

Why are ones who are born rich in UK and Saudi Arabia going over to ISIS to help them fight? They weren't raised in the 3rd world and ignorant. Many have degrees in top universities.

~primetime~
09-02-2014, 05:28 PM
So all religions are equal in terms of ignorance with the exception of Buddhism which doesn't count because there is no head deity?

come on man...it's not that black and white.

qrich
09-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Buddhism cannot, therefore, strictly be called a religion because it is neither a system of faith and worship, nor "the outward act or form by which men indicate their recognition of the existence of a God or gods having power over their own destiny to whom obedience, service, and honor are due."

Again, many don't view it as a religion, but rather, a philosophical way of life.

Selective comprehension is pathetic.

So all religions are equal in terms of ignorance with the exception of Buddhism which doesn't count because there is no head deity?

come on man...it's not that black and white.

In terms of people that twist said religion to fit their agenda, yes, religion is idiotic.

And yes, many don't consider Buddhism a religion.

It is pretty much that simple. Just some are idiotically biased.

code green
09-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Q, the thing is, is that those verses are all out of the Old Testament.

Even bible thumpers in the South, far right politicians, clergymen, and everyone that uses the "Bible" to validate bombing abortion clinics, picketing funerals, etc. don't seem to understand is that Christian teachings are in the New Testament. Sure, there are rules about gays, what to wear....the whole book of Deuteronomy is a giant book of rules that the Israelites were to follow.

Here's the thing...we're Christians. Followers of Christ. "Treat others the way you want to be treated" and "Judge not, lest ye be judged" trumps everything that's in the archaic old Testament, IMO. It's a pretty good way to live...I barely consider myself religious anymore, so sure...I engage in premarital sex. I smoke and drink, and rub a few out occasionally. I do a lot of shit that's condemned by the Old Testament. But at the end of the day, I live by the Golden rule, and if there is a man upstairs, I have that in my back pocket, and I can still be looked at as a good person, both on Earth, and if hopefully (if it exists), in the afterlife.

The Koran has no such corrections. No religious leaders are stepping up denouncing these killings/suicidal bombings, etc. Hell, I've barely seen any Muslims in the media do anything besides defend what's going on in the ME. I have Muslim friends. The ones that are most pleasant to deal with are the ones that realize that everything in that book shouldn't be taken at face value. But the militants? The hardcore Muslims? They believe it. I see them marching down the streets on YouTube screaming "Death to UK cops," and "Kill the infadels." So you know what? No sympathy at all if we wipe them off the map. Because if it's not them, it's going to be Christians. A lot of which are in Syria and a lot of them share my same last name. Militant Islam is going to be the downfall of that region eventually.

Never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Nick Young here.

~primetime~
09-02-2014, 05:39 PM
In terms of people that twist said religion to fit their agenda, yes, religion is idiotic.

And yes, many don't consider Buddhism a religion.

It is pretty much that simple. Just some are idiotically biased.
okay well reality:

All religions have different teachings and different amounts of extremist morons...they aren't all equal

and I'm talking about today, not the middle ages/crusades

Nick Young
09-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Again, many don't view it as a religion, but rather, a philosophical way of life.

First of all, that is a definition of religion.

Second of all, thats some new age hippy westernized bullshit that was introduced in to Buddhism only in the last 30 years or so, in the western world.

I SUGGEST that you research the history of buddhism as well. It is very fascinating. History is the best :)

rezznor
09-02-2014, 05:46 PM

please explain to my parents that the worshiping they have done all their lives at the Buddhist temple was all a sham.

qrich
09-02-2014, 05:47 PM
"Truly those who believe, and the Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabaeans - whoever believes in God and the Last Day and performs virtuous deeds - surely their reward is with their Sustainer, and no fear shall come upon them, neither shall they grieve. "

Also, that would be valid, if it was only the New Testament that was taught, which isn't the case, at all.

New Testament, though, has its fair share as well:

Those who bear bad fruit will be cut down and burned "with unquenchable fire."

Jesus recommends that to avoid sin we cut off our hands and pluck out our eyes. This advice is given immediately after he says that anyone who looks with lust at any women commits adultery.

Jesus says that most people will go to hell

8:12 But the children of the kingdom (referring to Jews) shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

8:21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Those who disobeyed the Old Testament law were killed without mercy. It will be much worse for those who displease Jesus.

2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

All of those lines/verses can easily be twisted as well.

qrich
09-02-2014, 05:49 PM
okay well reality:

All religions have different teachings and different amounts of extremist morons...they aren't all equal

and I'm talking about today, not the middle ages/crusades

And tomorrow, the cycle will continue with another.

First of all, that is a definition of religion.

Second of all, thats some new age hippy westernized bullshit that was introduced in to Buddhism only in the last 30 years or so, in the western world.

I SUGGEST that you research the history of buddhism as well. It is very fascinating. History is the best :)

Yeah, so typical from an idiot that has selective comprehension.

Following Socrates is a religion :rockon:

~primetime~
09-02-2014, 05:50 PM

and they won't be equal then either...

qrich
09-02-2014, 05:51 PM
and they won't be equal then either...

Point is, religion is used more as a tool of war than anything else, and anyone can twist the words of any to justify their actions.

It's simple really:
I only deal with what I can see cause over history, mystery brought us nothin but misery
Man more people done died in the name of the lord
Than in any natural disaster, disease or gangwars

rezznor
09-02-2014, 05:55 PM

Also, that would be valid, if it was only the New Testament that was taught, which isn't the case, at all.

New Testament, though, has its fair share as well:

All of those lines/verses can easily be twisted as well.
here's the thing though...i agree the bible has some fukked up verses as well, but overwhelmingly most christians have evolved past that. there are no more burning witches at the stake, no more spanish inquisition. the religion has evolved. many many followers of islam are still following to the letter text that was written when society was much more barbaric...and their aim is to bring the whole world back to those times.

~primetime~
09-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Point is, religion is used more as a tool of war than anything else, and anyone can twist the words of any to justify their actions.

It's simple really:
I only deal with what I can see cause over history, mystery brought us nothin but misery
I don't think that is true today...perhaps it was true in the middle ages, but not now

today millions go to church for reasons other than "war"

NumberSix
09-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Yes, the master race must all be Christian/Catholic!!!!
:facepalm

Hitler was not a Christian. No matter how much you leftists try to frame Hitler as being a right wing Christian, it's just not reality. He was an atheist and a socialist.

The heaviest blow that ever struck humanity was the coming of Christianity. Bolshevism is Christianity's illegitimate child. Both are inventions of the Jew. The deliberate lie in the matter of religion was introduced into the world by Christianity. Bolshevism practises a lie of the same nature, when it claims to bring liberty to men, whereas in reality it seeks only to enslave them. In the ancient world, the relations between men and gods were founded on an instinctive respect. It was a world enlightened by the idea of tolerance. Christianity was the first creed in the world to exterminate its adversaries in the name of love. Its key-note is intolerance. Without Christianity, we should not have had Islam. The Roman Empire, under Germanic influence, would have developed in the direction of world-domination, and humanity would not have extinguished fifteen centuries of civilisation at a single stroke. Let it not be said that Christianity brought man the life of the soul, for that evolution was in the natural order of things. The result of the collapse of the Roman Empire was a night that lasted for centuries.

-Hitler

longhornfan1234
09-02-2014, 06:38 PM
Very complicated situation in Syria and Iraq. The bigger picture is that you are seeing a titanic struggle between the Shia and Sunni that will go on for some time. The Shia side is led by Iran and their proxies are Hamas in Gaza, Hezbollah in Lebanon, Assad in Syria and the Iraqi government led by Malaki. On the Sunni side you generally have the Saudis... the UAE... Qatar... Egypt's new military government and the Turks. However... within the Sunnis you have the Saudis who have funded a lot of the wahabi extremism... but that support the status quo versus Qatar who has supported the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas via Al Jezeera and the Arab Spring.

In the middle of all of this you have the U.S. interests.... the Kurds... the Israelis... etc. It is a very complicated situation and the USA intervening on one side or the other will create a lot of unintended consequences that we fully do not understand. Hurting ISI..., helps Assad and the Iranians... etc. Assad has also been very smart in giving ISIS space to grow and become a bigger threat so that he becomes the lessor of two evils.

The other thing to keep in mind is that US foreign policy does not operate in a vacuum. The larger threat going forward is China and the risk of their being a war with Japan or even Vietnam. By the USA getting involved in large scale action in the Middle East or even the Ukraine... takes focus and resources from the Pacific and the calculations that the Chinese make in the region. More resources to the Middle East... the Chinese begin to think that maybe they could attack the Japanese or Taiwan and win a short term war without US interference.

So Obama is doing the right thing in sitting back.... holding his cards close to his vest and keeping his gun powder dry. Let this thing play out some more before making any big bets because nobody really knows that will happen.

Nick Young
09-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Very complicated situation in Syria and Iraq. The bigger picture is that you are seeing a titanic struggle between the Shia and Sunni that will go on for some time. The Shia side is led by Iran and their proxies are Hamas in Gaza, Hezbollah in Lebanon, Assad in Syria and the Iraqi government led by Malaki. On the Sunni side you generally have the Saudis... the UAE... Qatar... Egypt's new military government and the Turks. However... within the Sunnis you have the Saudis who have funded a lot of the wahabi extremism... but that support the status quo versus Qatar who has supported the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas via Al Jezeera and the Arab Spring.

In the middle of all of this you have the U.S. interests.... the Kurds... the Israelis... etc. It is a very complicated situation and the USA intervening on one side or the other will create a lot of unintended consequences that we fully do not understand. Hurting ISI..., helps Assad and the Iranians... etc. Assad has also been very smart in giving ISIS space to grow and become a bigger threat so that he becomes the lessor of two evils.

The other thing to keep in mind is that US foreign policy does not operate in a vacuum. The larger threat going forward is China and the risk of their being a war with Japan or even Vietnam. By the USA getting involved in large scale action in the Middle East or even the Ukraine... takes focus and resources from the Pacific and the calculations that the Chinese make in the region. More resources to the Middle East... the Chinese begin to think that maybe they could attack the Japanese or Taiwan and win a short term war without US interference.

So Obama is doing the right thing in sitting back.... holding his cards close to his vest and keeping his gun powder dry. Let this thing play out some more before making any big bets because nobody really knows that will happen.
Islam is not a militant and violent religion doe, amirite?

rezznor
09-02-2014, 06:50 PM

i think this is the first time i've ever agreed on you on policy. as infuriating as isis is, the last thing we need to do is get involved in another war in the ME. russia would love it if we did

9erempiree
09-02-2014, 07:15 PM

Yeah, so typical from an idiot that has selective comprehension.

Following Socrates is a religion :rockon:

Buddhism is a religion.

Please don't view Buddhism as some trendy hippy shit that was introduced to the West.

Feng Shui and all that Chis stuff was recently introduced to the Western culture and they have continued to Westernize and commercialize it.:facepalm

If you are going to speak of religion please do the proper research.

Gr
09-02-2014, 08:02 PM

Hitler was not a Christian. No matter how much you leftists try to frame Hitler as being a right wing Christian, it's just not reality. He was an atheist and a socialist.

He was not a socialist, you ignoramus. That's like calling China communist just because the ruling party is called The Communist Party of China. Some of my ancestors who were actual socialists were killed in the camps because of their views. If he was a socialist, you can be sure that the means of production would have been publicly owned. Because that's what socialism is: public ownership of the means of production (land and capital).

KirbyPls
09-02-2014, 08:53 PM

It's simple really:

So the deaths from the bubonic plague, malaria, flu, starvation, cancer, and the combined ~ 100 million that died under the atheistic regimes of Stalin and Mao don't outweigh the religious causalities?

russwest0
09-02-2014, 08:54 PM

It's sad that people out there still eat this fairy tale shit up. I live in the bible belt and have to see it on a daily basis :facepalm

Patrick Chewing
09-02-2014, 09:15 PM
here's the thing though...i agree the bible has some fukked up verses as well, but overwhelmingly most christians have evolved past that. there are no more burning witches at the stake, no more spanish inquisition. the religion has evolved. many many followers of islam are still following to the letter text that was written when society was much more barbaric...and their aim is to bring the whole world back to those times.

qrich hasn't replied since this post cause he knows he cannot argue against the points made here.

The rest of the world has evolved. Islam has not.

JEFFERSON MONEY
09-02-2014, 09:20 PM
This is extremely fishy.

Something's off about this.

KevinNYC
09-02-2014, 09:21 PM
The Shia side is led by Iran and their proxies are Hamas in Gaza, Hezbollah in Lebanon, Assad in Syria and the Iraqi government led by Malaki.

Hamas grew out of the Muslim Brotherhood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas)and is associated with Sunni Islam, not Shia.

However, Hezbollah seems willing to overlook that little difference.

Nowitness
09-02-2014, 09:59 PM

Even though it is fishy to say he was an Atheist, around 50% of his SS were openly Catholic. None were even threatened with excommunication.

Only one ever was. The propaganda minster Goebbels... For marrying a Protestant. Lol religion.

brandonislegend
09-02-2014, 11:57 PM
This is extremely fishy.

Something's off about this.

What do you mean?

NumberSix
09-02-2014, 11:58 PM
What do you mean?
Muslims beheading people. It's just so out of the ordinary.

~primetime~
09-03-2014, 12:00 AM
[/B]

So the deaths from the bubonic plague, malaria, flu, starvation, cancer, and the combined ~ 100 million that died under the atheistic regimes of Stalin and Mao don't outweigh the religious causalities?
Yeah that isn't even close to accurate.

Nowitness
09-03-2014, 12:03 AM
KirbyPls;

Stalin utilized a system. He basically was a God, for hundreds of years Russians were told the Tzar was the bridge between Heaven and Earth. Divine. As Christopher Hitchens use to say he shouldn't be in the dictatorship business if he couldn't exploit that. He basically created his own religion through cult, same as Hirohito.

To say he killed in the name of Atheism is a lie.

brandonislegend
09-03-2014, 02:15 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/03/politics/joe-biden-isis-gates-of-hell/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

MavsSuperFan
09-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Are people actually arguing that Islam doesn't have some serious problems with how its interrupted by a significant amount of Muslims?

although both the bible and the Koran have horrific verses in them, there is only one group in 2014 that tries to live by and force others to live by the teaches of their holy book.

Sharia law is the basis of the legal codes of many nations.

johndeeregreen
09-03-2014, 06:44 PM
It's only peaceful when everyone that's not like them are dead or on another planet.
Post of the year 2014.

although both the bible and the Koran have horrific verses in them, there is only one group in 2014 that tries to live by and force others to live by the teaches of their holy book.
Runner up.

LJJ
09-03-2014, 07:10 PM
The thing to do is just be cool about it. The US/West doesn't need to be overtly involved in this conflict. Sucks for these journalists, if there is a way to free them without sending IS any money, go ahead. Although honestly, all these hostages are probably a lost cause if you ask me. You just need to look into Foley's/Sotloff's eyes as they say the things that they say, they are broken. Probably have been raped and tortured every day of their captivity to say what they say with such cold subservience, they might be beyond saving.

The thing to do is just to arm the hell out of Assad, the Iraqi Kurds, and the Shia Iraqis. Don't let any of the other Islamic countries get directly involved. Help out with a little aerial support and maybe hits on some of the ***** in charge. And then Guantanamo every single European national who went to Syria and tries to return to their cushy western lifestyle when their little caliphate collapses.

Nick Young
09-03-2014, 07:20 PM
The thing to do is just be cool about it. The US/West doesn't need to be overtly involved in this conflict. Sucks for these journalists, if there is a way to free them without sending IS any money, go ahead. Although honestly, all these hostages are probably a lost cause if you ask me. You just need to look into Foley's/Sotloff's eyes as they say the things that they say, they are broken. Probably have been raped and tortured every day of their captivity to say what they say with such cold subservience, they might be beyond saving.

The thing to do is just to arm the hell out of Assad, the Iraqi Kurds, and the Shia Iraqis. Don't let any of the other Islamic countries get directly involved. Help out with a little aerial support and maybe hits on some of the ***** in charge. And then Guantanamo every single European national who went to Syria and tries to return to their cushy western lifestyle when their little caliphate collapses.
Forreal:mad: Actually glad Obama kept that place open now. 300 of these ISIS trained Jihadi assholes came back and are in the UK right now:mad:

zoom17
09-03-2014, 07:27 PM

Yeah that's never going to happen the US rather arm the "moderate rebels" than Assad sadly.:facepalm

AlphaWolf24
09-03-2014, 07:37 PM
can someone answer me this....

Why the F@ck are American Journalists going to Iraq to be freelancers????

If you aint in the Military...GTFO!:facepalm

NumberSix
09-03-2014, 07:39 PM

Without journalists on the ground, all you have is state propaganda.

Gr
09-03-2014, 07:46 PM
We're going arm the Kurds in Northern Iraq. If they play nice, more and more toys will follow, I'm sure.

Gr
09-03-2014, 08:03 PM
From Germany to the Kurds with love, ISIS scum:

8,000 G3 assault rifles; 2 million rounds of ammunition

8,000 G36 assault rifles; 4 million rounds of ammunition

40 MG3 heavy machine guns; 1 million rounds of ammunition

8,000 P1 pistols; 1 million rounds of ammunition

30 MILAN anti-tank weapons; 500 guided rockets

200 shoulder-fired Panzerfaust 3 rocket launchers; 2,500 rockets

40 heavy rocket lauchers; 1,000 rockets

100 flare guns; 400 rounds

10,000 hand grenades

40 WOLF jeeps

20 lightly armored WOLF jeeps

40 UNIMOG trucks

1 tanker truck

5 DINGO-1 armored vehicles

(and more to come in the future, I hope)

Gr
09-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Can't wait for the Kurds to give them a hiding.

dude77
09-03-2014, 08:11 PM
there was a journalist on cnn the other day talking after the foley situation .. from his home in oregon ..

he was one of those who were kidnapped over there but obviously released ..

he was talking about how little people here knew about anything that's going on over there and/or just don't give a shit and it made him realize how fkn' dumb he was for being over there risking his life for that .. can't blame him ..

the thing is though, some of them are also addicted to that lifestyle or just become accustomed to living over there so it becomes more than just about reporting back news for those .. sotloff is a good example

Godzuki
09-03-2014, 08:20 PM

its how they distinguish themselves. a journalist who is willing to risk his life covering stories is revered.

dude77
09-03-2014, 08:23 PM
its how they distinguish themselves. a journalist who is willing to risk his life covering stories is revered.

yeah this is a good point as well

jstern
09-03-2014, 11:14 PM

Interesting how people twist words. Don't know if it's on purpose, or just how humans comprehend things. It's like the game telephone.

He said that they don't yet have a strategy for attacking Isis in Syria. Which is a different country, not Iraq. They can't just willy nilly start bombing in Syria.

They've been hitting Isis targets for the past few weeks, but if someone goes by your comment, someone would think that the US has been there just watching, taking their time.

fpliii
09-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Damn.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-master-plan-revealed-islamic-caliphate-will-rule-spain-china-balkans-1463782

Apparently they're looking to expand the "caliphate", and other groups in Pakistan and Afghanistan are willing to join up if they keep up their notoriety.

Riley Martin
09-03-2014, 11:45 PM
Damn.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-master-plan-revealed-islamic-caliphate-will-rule-spain-china-balkans-1463782

Apparently they're looking to expand the "caliphate", and other groups in Pakistan and Afghanistan are willing to join up if they keep up their notoriety.

An attempted invasion of China would be very interesting.

Raymone
09-03-2014, 11:49 PM
Do the chinese even care about anything west of Sichuan?

AlphaWolf24
09-04-2014, 12:09 AM

I guess if someone wants to risk their life for fame and fortune...then so be it:confusedshrug:

Being Gung Ho gets you killed...

senelcoolidge
09-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Do the chinese even care about anything west of Sichuan?

The Chinese are not politically correct. They would put these people in their place. The Chinese execute their own people all the time for things considered petty here. Now if outsiders attack their sovereignty they will crush them. The Chinese military is huge.

InfiniteBaskets
09-04-2014, 03:02 PM
there was a journalist on cnn the other day talking after the foley situation .. from his home in oregon ..

he was one of those who were kidnapped over there but obviously released ..

he was talking about how little people here knew about anything that's going on over there and/or just don't give a shit and it made him realize how fkn' dumb he was for being over there risking his life for that .. can't blame him ..

the thing is though, some of them are also addicted to that lifestyle or just become accustomed to living over there so it becomes more than just about reporting back news for those .. sotloff is a good example

I would be very disheartened to see how little people know in the US as well about current events. But to be honest, tons of people here are pretty lazy. I've been in other countries in Asia and from my experience watching half an hour to an hour of news every night was like a family thing that everybody did. Of course there isn't much else to do in third world countries, and then add all the propoganda BS on top of all that, but nonetheless everyone stays on top of their world events.

Meanwhile, the only news the average American pays attention to seems to be viral news such as the Marathon Bombings, school shootings, live man-hunts. Sad that hundreds of reporters can spend their entire lives studying how to properly report stories and yet generate no attention to the situation in Iraq. Yet with a few videos, ISIS was able to do just that.