PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Golden State Signs James McAdoo

Fudge
09-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Boom!!!

@SpearsNBAYahoo: The Warriors signed undrafted rookie forward James Michael McAdoo to sign to a 1-year deal, @_tandemse agent Jim Tanner told Yahoo Sports.

wally_world
09-02-2014, 04:29 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

This kid deserves a roster spot. He's gonna be a very serviceable player in this league.

Cocaine80s
09-02-2014, 04:31 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

This kid deserves a roster spot. He's gonna be a very serviceable player in this league.
you really think so?

i heard he was supposed to go one and done but basically got worse every year. then he bolted to the nba before his stock was completely ruined

Dubs510
09-02-2014, 04:31 PM
championship or bust :coleman:

qrich
09-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Went from top 3 pick, to lotto, to fringe first round and now, this.

:facepalm

He has the tools, just needs to piece it together.

noob cake
09-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Could have made 10m+ guaranteed had he left his freshmen year as a top 10 pick guaranteed, likely top 5. Or even bailed his sophomore year as a fringe lotto pick, or junior year as a borderline first rounder. Instead, he listened to Roy and became undrafted after 4 years.

Roy ruined him and his earning potential.

Marchesk
09-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Is he good? Can Lebron get him?

hawksdogsbraves
09-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Golden State loves their overhyped UNC recruits who good ole Roy ruined

Droid101
09-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Who is Roy?

Brizzly
09-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Who is Roy?

His college coach.

bdreason
09-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Who is Roy?

Roy Williams. UNC head coach.

McAdoo will just be a defensive energy guy at the end of the bench.

JimmyMcAdocious
09-02-2014, 06:34 PM
"Ruin" :roll: What happened to him? Someone take a hammer to his knees in college?

He was just an athlete, living off the McAdoo name, who needed to improve his skillset. He did very much so, but not to the extent his expectations set. Stop acting like he was Tim Duncan and he somehow got progressively worse through the three years. He was one of the best defenders in the conference the last two seasons, has a decent, albeit inconsistent jumper, and one of the quickest first steps you will see in a guy his size, which is how he was the best at getting to the line in the ACC last season. Although he can't shoot free throws for shit.

When he gives full effort, which you saw during UNC's 10 game winning streak midseason, he changes games without scoring. Problem is that he doesn't always play like that. And his offense is still raw. No post game. Settles for jumpers when he is average at best. Good passer, OK handles, can get to the hole and finish above the rim, tho he has a ridiculously terrible touch around the rim if he's not dunking.

Gosh, some of you are dense. If he ever finds his jumper he has a Tobias Harris type of game. If he doesn't and realizes he can be an athletic energy guy, well he could have a long career living off his physical frame and attributes and defensive ability. If he keeps trying to be something he's not then say hello to Europe.

Droid101
09-02-2014, 07:34 PM
"Ruin" :roll: What happened to him? Someone take a hammer to his knees in college?

He was just an athlete, living off the McAdoo name, .
Probably. But stop right here. He could have made bank if he came out last year or the year before. Instead, now he's probably destitute due to his college coach's influence.

Whoops.

KG215
09-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Golden State loves their overhyped UNC recruits who good ole Roy ruined
And who are the other overhyped UNC recruits who played at UNC for Roy that Golden State wasted their time on?

hawksdogsbraves
09-02-2014, 07:50 PM
And who are the other overhyped UNC recruits who played at UNC for Roy that Golden State wasted their time on?

Well just Harrison Barnes, another 5 star 'second coming of Kobe' prospect who now isn't in his NBA team's rotation.

And Jimmy you're going on and on about all of McAdoo's good qualities, but the fact remains he basically didn't improve one iota in 4 years under good ole Roy.

Wouldn't you expect a hyper-athletic guy with 'one of the quickest first steps you will see in a guy his size' who plays great defense who came to UNC as a 5 star recruit to get drafted?

What exactly did Roy do to coach the kid up if he still takes games off, settles for too many jumpers, and can't shoot FT's? You're making him sound like he's essentially the same player as Aaron Gordon, which NBA teams know he's not.

And what do I mean by 'ruin'? Well somebody had to convince the kid to stay in college. Wonder who it was. Whoever it was probably convinced him that under his tutelage he could improve his game and be a top 5 pick. Oops. Now he's stuck making the min and has missed out on around $10 mil.

KG215
09-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Well just Harrison Barnes, another 5 star 'second coming of Kobe' prospect who now isn't in his NBA team's rotation.

And Jimmy you're going on and on about all of McAdoo's good qualities, but the fact remains he basically didn't improve one iota in 4 years under good ole Roy.

Wouldn't you expect a hyper-athletic guy with 'one of the quickest first steps you will see in a guy his size' who plays great defense who came to UNC as a 5 star recruit to get drafted?

What exactly did Roy do to coach the kid up if he still takes games off, settles for too many jumpers, and can't shoot FT's? You're making him sound like he's essentially the same player as Aaron Gordon, which NBA teams know he's not.

And what do I mean by 'ruin'? Well somebody had to convince the kid to stay in college. Wonder who it was. Whoever it was probably convinced him that under his tutelage he could improve his game and be a top 5 pick. Oops. Now he's stuck making the min and has missed out on around $10 mil.
Your stupidity (or it may just be ignorance) is astounding. McAdoo's problem is that he's a tweener forward with an awful jumpshot. Barnes is entering his third season and, one could argue, his growth was somewhat stunted by the Iguodala signing. Barnes looked great for a rookie in the 2013 playoffs.

You could make a pretty decent sized list of "ruined", "overhyped" recruits from any blue blood program in college basketball. Not every 5* player pans out the way most people thought they would before starting their college careers.

KG215
09-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Could have made 10m+ guaranteed had he left his freshmen year as a top 10 pick guaranteed, likely top 5. Or even bailed his sophomore year as a fringe lotto pick, or junior year as a borderline first rounder. Instead, he listened to Roy and became underrated after 4 years.

Roy ruined him and his earning potential.
Funny coming from a Duke fan.

hawksdogsbraves
09-02-2014, 08:57 PM
How many Roy Williams recruits CAN you say have panned out in the NBA?

Ty Lawson and....?

JimmyMcAdocious
09-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Probably. But stop right here. He could have made bank if he came out last year or the year before. Instead, now he's probably destitute due to his college coach's influence.

Whoops.

What? Show me where Roy Williams told him to comeback after any of his previous two years.

Roy always tells his players to leave (especially when they are a first round pick) if his info says they will be first round picks. Case in point: Marvin Williams. Marvin wanted to stay and Roy told him to go because he would be drafted early and he knew Marvin's family financial situation. If you don't recall Marvin Williams didn't even start in his one year and since then had completed his degree (first one and done ever to do so). And then he went 2nd overall.

Why is the coach getting blamed for his players wanting to come back and continue their college experience by their own choice? Tired of UNC getting crap for their players keeping allegiance in the pros. Even back to when Vince Carter decided to attend his graduation during the playoffs.

And if it's about getting to the NBA, lest we forget that no school has produced more NBA players than UNC
http://statsheet.com/mcb/drafts/browse_teams?s=2

More recently, since 2000, UNC is near the top in first round picks.
http://athlonsports.com/college-basketball/college-basketball-nba-draft-numbers
(says #1, but those are stats since last season and I'm too lazy to add the 2014 class).

And to the other guy who posted while I was typing... You want to argue about UNC players not panning out then fine. I have no problems admitting some of the recent guys haven't played as well as their draft slot. But that isn't your initial point. "UNC recruits who good ole Roy ruined". That statement, which you have used in some other fashion multiple times, is plainly false.

outbreak
09-02-2014, 09:54 PM
wait didn't he stay in college because he didn't get many minutes his first season and wasn't mocked that high at the end of theyear? I always thought he stayed so he could show case his talent more but just got exposed. Still think he can be a serviceable NBA player though and he's a good pick up.

noob cake
09-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Funny coming from a Duke fan.

I'm a fan of academic integrity and NBA success, something that a Carolina fan of the recent years wouldn't know ANYTHING about.

KG215
09-02-2014, 10:21 PM
wait didn't he stay in college because he didn't get many minutes his first season and wasn't mocked that high at the end of theyear? I always thought he stayed so he could show case his talent more but just got exposed. Still think he can be a serviceable NBA player though and he's a good pick up.
When John Henson got hurt towards the end of what was McAdoo's freshman season, McAdoo looked pretty good (at times) in extended minutes. I can't really recall what he was was being mocked in drafts by the end of the season. I do think some people bought into his potential and whatnot, but his sample size of meaningful minutes was very small.

I'm guessin HawksDogsBraves is a jilted Georgia Tech fan who's probably still bitter about Hewitt underachieving more often than not while at Georgia Tech.

KG215
09-02-2014, 10:23 PM
I'm a fan of academic integrity and NBA success, something that a Carolina fan of the recent years wouldn't know ANYTHING about.
Right, and now for a list of all the dookies tearing up the NBA? Kyrie Irving? Sort of. Guess those 13 games (or whatever it was) he played for you guys really left an impression.

noob cake
09-02-2014, 10:34 PM
Right, and now for a list of all the dookies tearing up the NBA? Kyrie Irving? Sort of. Guess those 13 games (or whatever it was) he played for you guys really left an impression.

Fan of the filthiest, most unethical program in collegiate sport has NO PLACE to be even talking about college basketball.

Death penalty is near. Be prepared.

bagelred
09-02-2014, 10:34 PM
McAdoo? Have you seen this guy play? More like, McAdon't. Am I right?

Inferno
09-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Hmm...that's 15 guys...so this is our final roster

Is this guy any good?

Curry - Livingston - Craft - Nedavic
Thompson - Rush
Iguodala - Green - Barnes
Lee - Speights - McAdoo
Bogut - Ezeli - Kuzmic

JohnMax
09-03-2014, 12:05 AM
Roy Williams also coached Paul Pierce

Lebron23
09-03-2014, 12:53 PM
I remember this kid was a projected lottery pick a couple of years ago. I wish him to have a long NBA Career