PDA

View Full Version : One thing that I dislike about Michael Jordan and never will respect..

Real14
09-03-2014, 12:07 AM
...Is when he called the shots to refrain Isiah Thomas from making the "Dream Team" roster in 1992 Olympics for his own selfish reasons (Scottie didn't want him on there either mainly cuz of MJ I think). Here's the videos talking about this matter.:facepalm :coleman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1r_z-KToYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWU9Q_muag8

https://dmzsports.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/jordan.jpg

http://systemfailure.files.wordpress.com/2006/08/nba_1992_dream_team.jpg

What are your thoughts about all of this?

stalkerforlife
09-03-2014, 12:11 AM
Zeke was a lot more alpha than I thought.

All those alphas conspiring against him makes me respect him even more.

Zeke has to be ahead of Lebron and top 12 all time.

rlsmooth775
09-03-2014, 12:12 AM
Why was jordan so scared of little Isaiah Thomas he is like 5"11

stalkerforlife
Why was jordan so scared of little Isaiah Thomas he is like 5"11

Some people are 5'11 and really 10 feet. Some people are 7 feet and really 5'11.

Zeke was alpha as phuck.

Real14

for real man, they (I mean Jordan and pippen) was hating that dude being on tha pistons and all:facepalm He definitely tied for number 10 on my list.

dubeta
09-03-2014, 12:13 AM

So Kobe's pushed out of the top 15? :eek: :no:

J Shuttlesworth

Only took the third sentence of the first reply to make this about LeBron :lol

no pun intended
Ya, Isiah was a fvcking badass. The Bad Boys got into people's heads like no other.

kennethgriffin
it is kinda messed up considering it was out of spite for the asskicking jordan took from isiah

its not like they they didnt have room for him. they had more than enough bigs. doubt christian leitners length was truly needed considering he rode the bench anyway

bad form on MJ... bad form

SouBeachTalents
09-03-2014, 12:15 AM

:roll:

stalkerforlife
09-03-2014, 12:16 AM

This is about Zeke being better than Lebron, not Lebron.

Zeke was way more alpha than Lebron.

Real14
09-03-2014, 12:17 AM
it is kinda messed up considering it was out of spite for the asskicking jordan took from isiah

its not like they they didnt have room for him. they had more than enough bigs. doubt christian leitners length was truly needed considering he rode the bench anyway

bad form on MJ... bad form
Yea scottie pippen said in another video that they had enough point guards in magic and stockton:coleman:

Real14
09-03-2014, 12:17 AM
This is about Zeke being better than Lebron, not Lebron.

Zeke was way more alpha than Lebron.
:applause:

Real14
09-03-2014, 12:18 AM
Ya, Isiah was a fvcking badass. The Bad Boys got into people's heads like no other.
They made Jordan and the bulls stronger that really got them going after all of that beating year after year.

3ball
09-03-2014, 12:48 AM
legit gripe.. he's human.. for him, better to err on the side of over-competitiveness than otherwise.

Fawker
09-03-2014, 12:52 AM
Jordan Rules + not shaking hands

hitmanyr2k
09-03-2014, 12:54 AM
I'm not sure why Jordan is getting singled out when Malone, Magic, Bird, and Pippen didn't want Isiah on the team either lol. I think Malone made his point the loudest of all that he didn't like Isiah too much. He tried to end his damn career with that vicious elbow lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bM-Y4UoiAY

JohnFreeman
09-03-2014, 12:55 AM
:lol

stalkerforlife
09-03-2014, 12:55 AM
I'm not sure why Jordan is getting singled out when Malone, Magic, Bird, and Pippen didn't want Isiah on the team either lol. I think Malone made his point the loudest of all that he didn't like Isiah too much. He tried to end his damn career with that vicious elbow lol.

Damn.

Malone was a dirty player, I remember those elbows of his.

GrapeApe
09-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Isiah wasn't very well liked by anyone.

GimmeThat
09-03-2014, 01:14 AM
too bad the rest of the world weren't advanced enough in basketball during that time to give Jordan some good ole spanking.

GimmeThat
09-03-2014, 01:17 AM

I don't know, but putting C3PO's head on a battle droid was quite the genius move in terms of star war fictional history.

Just2McFly
09-03-2014, 01:48 AM
Isiah wasn't very well liked by anyone.
It ain't about who likes who, Jordan and co(im sure others are gonna chime in defending their god) made a b*tch ass move. Isiah would have been amazing on that team and they prevent the fans from seeing the absolute best rendition of the dream team because they were too deep in their feelings.

sportjames23
09-03-2014, 01:53 AM

Thank you. You know how it is, though--once idiots get something in their mind, you can't change it even when presented with facts. Some fool started this "MJ kept Isaiah off the Dream Team" b.s. and haters ran with it.

sportjames23
09-03-2014, 01:56 AM
It ain't about who likes who, Jordan and co(im sure others are gonna chime in defending their god) made a b*tch ass move. Isiah would have been amazing on that team and they prevent the fans from seeing the absolute best rendition of the dream team because they were too deep in their feelings.

Isaiah made his bed. He burned a lot of bridges over the years, so I can't feel too sorry for him.

Should he have been on the team? Hell, yeah. IMO, the Dream Team should have been all pros. The only college player I MIGHT have put on the team would have been Shaq. But personally, I've always felt that final spot should have gone to another pro--either Dominique Wilkins or Zeke. But like I said, Isaiah burned a lot of bridges, and it wasn't just MJ he pissed off.

sportjames23
09-03-2014, 01:57 AM
too bad the rest of the world weren't advanced enough in basketball during that time to give Jordan some good ole spanking.

And the rest of the world still isn't advanced enough to do it.

SamuraiSWISH
09-03-2014, 01:59 AM
Um, it all started when Zeke conspired to freeze out a young Michael Jordan during his first all-star appearance.

The reason he did so was because he was salty MJ became his home town, Chicago, most loved athlete. MJ caught wind of it, held a grudge against him ever since. MJ doesn't forget.

Michael wasn't the only one who didn't want him there. Larry, Pippen, and even Magic Johnson ... his once former friend. No one liked Isiah who knew him because they knew how two faced he was.

On the court he was a fierce competitor though, he just rubbed people the wrong way. Plus not shaking Michael, and Scottie's hands after the molly whopping they put on Detroit left even more sour taste in their mouths.

Nevaeh
09-03-2014, 02:28 AM
Isaiah made his bed. He burned a lot of bridges over the years, so I can't feel too sorry for him.

Should he have been on the team? Hell, yeah. IMO, the Dream Team should have been all pros. The only college player I MIGHT have put on the team would have been Shaq. But personally, I've always felt that final spot should have gone to another pro--either Dominique Wilkins or Zeke. But like I said, Isaiah burned a lot of bridges, and it wasn't just MJ he pissed off.

The fact that Isiah's own coach Chuck Daley, who actually coached the Dream Team, didn't heavily go to bat for him being on the team speaks volumes also. But of course it's all Jordan's fault.
:rolleyes:

[QUOTE][B]5. The late Chuck Daly was the Pistons coach and head coach of the 1992 Olympic team. He did not have a vote on the selection committee, but one influential member of the committee told me,

fpliii
09-03-2014, 02:29 AM
Um, it all started when Zeke conspired to freeze out a young Michael Jordan during his first all-star appearance.

The reason he did so was because he was salty MJ became his home town, Chicago, most loved athlete. MJ caught wind of it, held a grudge against him ever since. MJ doesn't forget.

Michael wasn't the only one who didn't want him there. Larry, Pippen, and even Magic Johnson ... his once former friend. No one liked Isiah who knew him because they knew how two faced he was.

On the court he was a fierce competitor though, he just rubbed people the wrong way. Plus not shaking Michael, and Scottie's hands after the molly whopping they put on Detroit left even more sour taste in their mouths.
I thought it had to do with the Nike deal?

GimmeThat
09-03-2014, 02:31 AM
And the rest of the world still isn't advanced enough to do it.

you must not be an American.

where from?

kamil
09-03-2014, 02:32 AM
Isiah was a disrespectful shithead. He didn't deserve playing with those guys.

But... skills wise he should have been on the team over Stockton.

Real14
09-03-2014, 12:06 PM

he wasn't that disrespectful. Like Jordan and barkley was never disrepectful:lol

Real14
09-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Exactly.

GrapeApe
09-03-2014, 01:15 PM

[B]But... skills wise he should have been on the team over Stockton.[/B

Wrong. Stockton was the better player at that point. He was coming off a season where he averaged 12apg on 51% shooting and 39% from 3. Compare that to Isiah who averaged 7apg on 45% shooting and 29% from 3.

I'm not arguing Isiah should have been on the team. He should have, but Stockton absolutely deserved a spot.

stanlove1111
09-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Yea scottie pippen said in another video that they had enough point guards in magic and stockton:coleman:

Exactly..Shouldn't have been on the team anyway..

And if he got punished for being an ahole his whole career good. That's actually one thing I respect Jordan for.

stanlove1111
09-03-2014, 01:41 PM

Your nuts. Stockton was better then him at that point.

dreamwarrior
09-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Isiah had been on the decline for years before the dream team. He simply didn't belong.

stanlove1111
09-03-2014, 01:45 PM

Well deserved...He should have done the same thing to Rodman and Lambier..

I love the way the Pistons always called themselves the Bad Boys and then when someone would do something like this they would mostly just stand around and do nothing about it...All Bad Boys meant was cheap shot artists who were really a bunch of cowards..

Real14
09-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Isiah had been on the decline for years before the dream team. He simply didn't belong.
I guess 1989 and 1990 didn't happened:coleman:

Real14
09-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Well deserved...He should have done the same thing to Rodman and Lambier..

I love the way the Pistons always called themselves the Bad Boys and then when someone would do something like this they would mostly just stand around and do nothing about it...All Bad Boys meant was cheap shot artists who were really a bunch of cowards..
He was too puhcee to do it.

Calabis
09-03-2014, 02:41 PM
for real man, they (I mean Jordan and pippen) was hating that dude being on tha pistons and all:facepalm He definitely tied for number 10 on my list.

Lmao.......Thomas orchestrated the freeze out Jordan in the all star game...then when Jordan finally beat his team he pulled a classes move and walked off the court. I dont blame Jordan one but for not wanting to play with him.

Jlamb47
09-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Stockton > Thomas in 92 anyways

We needed Stockton shooting and playmaking over Thomas scoring

Real14
09-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Lmao.......Thomas orchestrated the freeze out Jordan in the all star game...then when Jordan finally beat his team he pulled a classes move and walked off the court. I dont blame Jordan one but for not wanting to play with him.
holding grudges for 6 years huh?:lol

Real14
09-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Stockton > Thomas in 92 anyways

We needed Stockton shooting and playmaking over Thomas scoring
They planned Thomas not being on tha team since 1991 right?

Calabis
09-03-2014, 02:51 PM

U do classless, disrespectful shit then dont whine when it comes back to haunt you. Jordan took years of physical abuse and after losing to them shook their hands every time. You finally get over the hump and are looking for the same respect back and this bitch gets his team to walk off the court before the game is over......yeah i would be like **** that dude too

Hey Yo
09-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Thank you. You know how it is, though--once idiots get something in their mind, you can't change it even when presented with facts. Some fool started this "MJ kept Isaiah off the Dream Team" b.s. and haters ran with it.
No need to bring Kobe stans into this discussion.

Soundwave
09-03-2014, 08:48 PM
I don't think MJ expressly told them to keep Isiah off, Jordan just wasn't sure about playing on the '92 team because of burn out and the Olympics organizers would do anything to have Jordan on the team because a "Dream Team" without Jordan on it kind of lost 1/2 of its entire marketing appeal right there.

So they picked Pippen to the team very early too and kept Isiah off hoping to appease Jordan. But I think that was their decision, not the other way around.

Besides by the end of the 91 season ...

Stockton - 17 ppg, 14(!) apg
Isiah - 16 ppg, 9.3 apg

Isiah was still a good player, but its arguable that Stockton was probably the best PG in the NBA by that time, especially with Magic's retirement.

Though Isiah-Jordan's beef goes back before the Bad Boy days even, I believe Isiah organized a freeze out of Jordan in his first All-Star game because Isiah was jealous of all the attention Jordan was getting.

After the All-Star game when the Bulls played the Pistons, Jordan torched Isiah for 50 points or something as a response.

navy
09-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Why are people bringing up Stockon? We already have confirmation that it was about Jordan Vs Isiah. Nobody here is arguing about who was the better player of the two at the time. It is irrelevant.

GrapeApe
09-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Why are people bringing up Stockon? We already have confirmation that it was about Jordan Vs Isiah. Nobody here is arguing about who was the better player of the two at the time. It is irrelevant.

Nothing to due with Stockton in terms of the subject of the thread. Someone earlier in the thread said Isiah should have made it over Stockton due to being the superior player. It has since been pointed out that this statement was false.

red1
09-03-2014, 09:10 PM
One thing I like and respect about the knicks:

ballup
09-03-2014, 09:11 PM

Can you really burn a bridge that was never constructed in the first place?

Soundwave
09-03-2014, 09:35 PM

If you're picking a "Dream Team" shouldn't the best point guard in the NBA be on it?

navy
09-03-2014, 09:58 PM
If you're picking a "Dream Team" shouldn't the best point guard in the NBA be on it?
Sure. Was that the reason Isiah was left off?

No.

Soundwave
09-03-2014, 10:06 PM
Sure. Was that the reason Isiah was left off?

No.

It probably made the decision a lot easier ... no point in carrying 3 PGs.

JellyBean
09-03-2014, 11:15 PM
I like the fact that Zeke handled the snub with class. No pity party or whine session. He just moved on. Heck in his book, I don't even remember him even talking about the snub for a long time. Maybe a sentence here and there but no chapter about the snub.

Norcaliblunt
09-04-2014, 12:36 AM
Kevin Johnson was better than both Stockton and Isaiah at that point.

JohnMax
09-04-2014, 08:21 AM
Isiah uses John Salley as proxy to bash Jordan

Real14
09-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Kevin Johnson was better than both Stockton and Isaiah at that point.
Not better than Zeke tho.:no:

3peated
09-04-2014, 11:28 AM
bad boy pistons are my favorite historical team

moaz
09-04-2014, 12:08 PM
What is new here?
MJ is the goat, but he is one of the worst characters to ever play the game. Anyone remembers his HoF speech?

Stringer Bell
09-04-2014, 03:37 PM
No surprise. Jordan was/is a jerk. Same with Isiah, so I don't feel sorry for Zeke.

MiseryCityTexas
09-04-2014, 04:06 PM
I'd go as far as to rate Thomas over Iverson.

Soundwave
09-04-2014, 04:22 PM
What is new here?
MJ is the goat, but he is one of the worst characters to ever play the game. Anyone remembers his HoF speech?

He's no better/worse than any other NBA superstar.

Magic would force aspiring actresses/models to perform oral sex on his friends in front of everyone at all his house parties.

Bird has an illegitimate daughter that lived a stone's throw away from him that he refused to visit even though she tried to contact him several times.

Isiah is a known a**hole, started talking behind Magic's back after the AIDS announcement.

Scottie "No Tippin'" Pippen was known to be a royal jerk to people around Chicago during his Bulls hey-day.

Shaq is one of the most immature superstars to ever play the game, enjoyed tackling and wrestling teammates naked without their consent :lol and bickered with Penny, Kobe, and Wade.

And to be fair, Isiah is the one that started the Jordan-Isiah feud, what kind of loser tries to freeze out a rookie at an All-Star game because he's jealous? I don't blame Jordan for not liking him, a lot of people didn't like Thomas.

Stringer Bell
09-04-2014, 04:51 PM

Michael Jordan holds grudges like Rakim did the microphone.

MJ probably remembers the time someone cut him in line in kindergarten and is waiting for payback.

Stringer Bell
09-04-2014, 04:53 PM

Magic would force aspiring actresses/models to perform oral sex on his friends in front of everyone at all his house parties.

Bird has an illegitimate daughter that lived a stone's throw away from him that he refused to visit even though she tried to contact him several times.

Isiah is a known a**hole, started talking behind Magic's back after the AIDS announcement.

Scottie "No Tippin'" Pippen was known to be a royal jerk to people around Chicago during his Bulls hey-day.

Shaq is one of the most immature superstars to ever play the game, enjoyed tackling and wrestling teammates naked without their consent :lol and bickered with Penny, Kobe, and Wade.

And to be fair, Isiah is the one that started the Jordan-Isiah feud, what kind of loser tries to freeze out a rookie at an All-Star game because he's jealous? I don't blame Jordan for not liking him, a lot of people didn't like Thomas.

Where did you hear this one?

Anyway, Isiah would have been one more dirtbag on the Dream Team.

Karl Malone, sex-offending child abandonder, would of course would be King Dirtbag.

Real14
09-04-2014, 06:01 PM
I'd go as far as to rate Thomas over Iverson.
That's a great debate. I can't choose on who was better.

Real14
09-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Michael Jordan holds grudges like Rakim did the microphone.

MJ probably remembers the time someone cut him in line in kindergarten and is waiting for payback.
Yea I do remember MJ being extremely over competitive. He hates to lose and getting played. He still was wrong tho for what he did, he was acting like being a big little kid who always have to get his way.

stanlove1111
09-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Not better than Zeke tho.:no:

Not sure what you base this on.

Stockton was 2nd team all NBA in 92, Kevin Johnson was 3rd, and Thomas was nowhere to be found,,Stockton was clearly better then Thomas at this point and Johnson also.

andgar923
09-04-2014, 06:34 PM
GOAT gonna GOAT

Real14
09-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Not sure what you base this on.

Stockton was 2nd team all NBA in 92, Kevin Johnson was 3rd, and Thomas was nowhere to be found,,Stockton was clearly better then Thomas at this point and Johnson also.
That don't mean shit. Melo didn't made 1st team, 2nd team or 3rd last season but does that mean that all them players that were picked were better than Melo?:biggums: I think not:coleman:

MiseryCityTexas
09-04-2014, 07:08 PM
I remember Tupac dissed Michael Jordan for making expensive shoes in an interview, then I look at the next Tupac music video a couple of months later, and he had on a pair of Jordans that didn't even come out yet (at the time).

GrapeApe
09-04-2014, 07:09 PM
That don't mean shit. Melo didn't made 1st team, 2nd team or 3rd last season but does that mean that all them players that were picked were better than Melo?:biggums: I think not:coleman:

Stockton had superior stats accross the board and was better defensively. There's really no debate that '92 Stockton > '92 Isiah.

Real14
09-04-2014, 07:14 PM
I remember Tupac dissed Michael Jordan for making expensive shoes in an interview, then I look at the next Tupac music video a couple of months later, and he had on a pair of Jordans that didn't even come out yet (at the time).
I understand 2pac's beef with that. I'm the same way, I wear Jordans all tha time because I could afford them and they always look nice. I don't like how expensive it is because some dead poor people who cant afford them or just crazy people will kill people over some expensive jordans. The "starburys" were a great idea which cost 15 dollars a few years ago but its just sad that Marbury never reached his full potential in tha NBA, his sneakers would still sell today.

Real14
09-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Stockton had superior stats accross the board and was better defensively. There's really no debate that '92 Stockton > '92 Isiah.
Not offensively.

MiseryCityTexas
09-04-2014, 07:23 PM

Of course Stockton will be better than Isiah Thomas in the 90s, because Stockton was entering his prime in the early 90s, while Thomas was getting old, flabby and sick in the 90s. Isiah Thomas used to always kill the Utah Jazz whenever they matched up though until Karl Malone ****ed him up in the post with a dirty ass play.

GrapeApe
09-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Not offensively.

Yes offensively.

15.8ppg 13.7apg 48/41/84 59%TS 23PER
18.5ppg 7.2apg 45/29/77 51%TS 16PER

Stockton also had a significantly better assist to turnover ratio

GODbe
09-04-2014, 07:39 PM
I just dislike how overrated he is. He's not a top 10 player. Not to mention, he got his own father blasted. That's just flat out disgraceful:facepalm .

Meanwhile, Kobe:applause:
http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/277793-1/Kobe+Bryant+embraces+his+dad+Joe+Jelly+Bean+Bryant .JPG

Stringer Bell
09-04-2014, 08:57 PM

I remember 2Pac wearing those shoes that didn't come out yet.

It was in the "conspiracy theory" of Pac being alive. In a video where there are dozens of people around Pac.

Apparently, it was plausible that all these people in the video were in on the secret and kept their mouths shut.

I understand 2pac's beef with that. I'm the same way, I wear Jordans all tha time because I could afford them and they always look nice. I don't like how expensive it is because some dead poor people who cant afford them or just crazy people will kill people over some expensive jordans. The "starburys" were a great idea which cost 15 dollars a few years ago but its just sad that Marbury never reached his full potential in tha NBA, his sneakers would still sell today.

Yah, and also the labor practices of people making those Nikes in sweatshops. Jordan vowed to "change things" in regards to this.

Evidently he thought he would change these work conditions while he was on the golf course, the same place where OJ was looking for the real killer.

Pointguard
09-04-2014, 09:37 PM

Whoa, making a point is one thing, just flat out lying and (while unlikely) catching a law suite is pure stupidity.

tontoz
09-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Haven't read the thread so i don't know if this was mentioned but I think Magic also played a major role keeping Isiah off the team. Isiah's reaction to Magic's AIDS announcement really stung Magic. Isiah implied, or maybe even said, that Magic got it from another man.

Real14
09-04-2014, 10:34 PM
I just dislike how overrated he is. He's not a top 10 player. Not to mention, he got his own father blasted. That's just flat out disgraceful:facepalm .

Meanwhile, Kobe:applause:
http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/277793-1/Kobe+Bryant+embraces+his+dad+Joe+Jelly+Bean+Bryant .JPG

I hope M.J didn't get his dad killed. I really hope not. That would be pretty phucked up:facepalm

Soundwave
09-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Where did you hear this one?

Anyway, Isiah would have been one more dirtbag on the Dream Team.

Karl Malone, sex-offending child abandonder, would of course would be King Dirtbag.

Read is a few months ago, the Lakers were a travelling sex orgy in the 80s from Jerry Buss on down.

From what I've heard on Jordan he's no where near the worst of the bigger NBA players. He's really good with kids, *with* adults on his private time though that can be a different story.

NBA players live a rock star life style ... we shouldn't be surprised they behave like rock stars, they are not clean cut superhero types off the court, they're people ... just that they're told how great they are 24/7, have access to girls 24/7, are on the road half the time, etc. etc.

Soundwave
09-04-2014, 10:40 PM
I hope M.J didn't get his dad killed. I really hope not. That would be pretty phucked up:facepalm

You'd have to be a retard to believe that something like that would happen and the media wouldn't have picked up on it and gone apeshit over it. This is the era of OJ and Princess Diana ... if you were famous and there was some scandal going on, the media would so far up your ass within 10 minutes it wouldn't even be funny.

No one would send two stupid kids who would snitch as soon as they were arrested to go kill the father of the 3rd or 4th most famous person on the planet either.

If there was some real conspiracy, the two kids would've sang like canaries to the DA to get off on a lighter sentence.

It makes no sense whatsoever. It was a random carjacking of a nice looking Lexus. It happens. Famous people don't have some magical umbrella that prevents bad things that happen to normal people from happening to their family.

Real14
09-04-2014, 10:43 PM
You'd have to be a retard to believe that something like that would happen and the media wouldn't have picked up on it and gone apeshit over it. This is the era of OJ and Princess Diana ... if you were famous and there was some scandal going on, the media would so far up your ass within 10 minutes it wouldn't even be funny.

No one would send two stupid kids who would snitch as soon as they were arrested to go kill the father of the 3rd or 4th most famous person on the planet either.

It makes no sense whatsoever. It was a random carjacking. It happens. Famous people don't have some magical umbrella that prevents bad things that happen to normal people from happening to their family.

I'm not accusing Mike, I'm just saying it could be a possibility. Celebrities been known for years and years to do blood sacrifices especially with their own family members. Some do it secretly to the point that the press will cover it up.

Soundwave
09-04-2014, 10:48 PM
I'm not accusing Mike, I'm just saying it could be a possibility. Celebrities been known for years and years to do blood sacrifices especially with their own family members. Some do it secretly to the point that the press will cover it up.

Meanwhile back in the real world ... :oldlol:

Real14
09-04-2014, 10:51 PM
Meanwhile back in the real world ... :oldlol:
I know it sounds like a movie on cinemax but its REAL bro. The truth iz scary and this world iz scary.

Soundwave
09-04-2014, 10:54 PM
I know it sounds like a movie on cinemax but its REAL bro. The truth iz scary.

More like people think celebrities sh*t gold ... they're just regular people. They can die, have tragedy befall on them, etc. etc. just like a normal person can without it being tied to aliens, the illuminati, blood sacrifice, area 51, government black ops, etc. etc.

People just don't want to believe that famous people can have the same thing happen to them that the average person can.

If James Jordan was part of a plot to have him assassinated for gambling debts, no moron would hire two 17-year-old kids to do the job, and hired hitmen wouldn't sit around and pose for photos in the deceased's car either. They would also rat out their conspirators/bosses within 10 minutes for a plea deal if that was actually the case.

L.Kizzle
09-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Haven't read the thread so i don't know if this was mentioned but I think Magic also played a major role keeping Isiah off the team. Isiah's reaction to Magic's AIDS announcement really stung Magic. Isiah implied, or maybe even said, that Magic got it from another man.
Karl Malone said he didn't want to play with Magic because he wasn't sure about this "AIDS" thing.

Still, Zeke should have been on that team. The real players who shouldn't have been there, either Chris Mullin or Scottie Pippen. Hell, Pippen even said he doesn't belong here (yet.) Pippen was just there to string Jordan along. Nique should have been on the team instead of Mullin.

Should have looked like:

Centers:
Patrick Ewing & David Robinson

Power Forwards:
Charles Barkley & Karl Malone

Small Forwards:
Larry Bird & Dominique Wilkins

Shooting Guards:
Michael Jordan & Clyde Drexler

Point Guards:
Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas & John Stockton

College Guy:
Christian Leattner

Soundwave
09-04-2014, 10:58 PM
Karl Malone said he didn't want to play with Magic because he wasn't sure about this "AIDS" thing.

Still, Zeke should have been on that team. The real players who shouldn't have been there, either Chris Mullin or Scottie Pippen. Hell, Pippen even said he doesn't belong here (yet.) Pippen was just there to string Jordan along. Nique should have been on the team instead of Mullin.

Should have looked like:

Centers:
Patrick Ewing & David Robinson

Power Forwards:
Charles Barkley & Karl Malone

Small Forwards:
Larry Bird & Dominique Wilkins

Shooting Guards:
Michael Jordan & Clyde Drexler

Point Guards:
Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas & John Stockton

College Guy:
Christian Leattner

College player should've been Shaq. Though honestly there shouldn't have been a college player period.

Real14
09-04-2014, 11:02 PM
More like people think celebrities sh*t gold ... they're just regular people. They can die, have tragedy befall on them, etc. etc. just like a normal person can without it being tied to aliens, the illuminati, blood sacrifice, area 51, government black ops, etc. etc.

People just don't want to believe that famous people can have the same thing happen to them that the average person can.

I never said the celebrities shit is gold and never said that shit cant happen to them regularly. Its just that many celebrities actually deals with blood sacrifices, and yes some die regularly with no ties to anything. Its just that celebrities are open to way more shit than us and they can choose to make those type of decisions while some celebrities don't even have to make sacrifices and die like regular people. It depends on the person, the people who pays them and their choice. Believe it or not.

L.Kizzle
09-04-2014, 11:04 PM
College player should've been Shaq. Though honestly there shouldn't have been a college player period.
Christian was fresh on everybody mind from the champion Duke Blue Devils. He deserved it. He won all the college awards that season.

If not him, then I guess it's a tossup between Pippen, Mullin, Kevin Johnson and T m Hardaway.

Real14
09-04-2014, 11:07 PM
If James Jordan was part of a plot to have him assassinated for gambling debts, no moron would hire two 17-year-old kids to do the job, and hired hitmen wouldn't sit around and pose for photos in the deceased's car either. They would also rat out their conspirators/bosses within 10 minutes for a plea deal if that was actually the case.

Believe it or not but shit can get twisted like that. I can't explain it really but shit still go down like that to make I look like it wasn't a blood sacrifice. You might be right on this situation though, but I'm just saying other stories could happen similar to this.

Pointguard
09-05-2014, 01:43 AM
Read is a few months ago, the Lakers were a travelling sex orgy in the 80s from Jerry Buss on down.
So basically you are talking about a HIV Pimp forcing girls to have sex with others... then you scream on another poster.

You'd have to be a retard to believe that something like that would happen and the media wouldn't have picked up on it and gone apeshit over it.
You don't think the press in LA knew about Magic's parties??? You know full well that article said nothing about Magic forcing ladies to do anything. The author kind of implies it was an orgy or perhaps a paid situation. In LA those situations are happening a lot. If Magic was the pimp, than all of LA had to have been petrified, as there are twice as many groupies in LA than any other city: The football teams, the hockey teams, baseball teams, the campuses, the rap groups, the college sports, the club scene and regular jigaloo scene would have been totally rocked.

Soundwave
09-05-2014, 01:57 AM
So basically you are talking about a HIV Pimp forcing girls to have sex with others... then you scream on another poster.

You don't think the press in LA knew about Magic's parties??? You know full well that article said nothing about Magic forcing ladies to do anything. The author kind of implies it was an orgy or perhaps a paid situation. In LA those situations are happening a lot. If Magic was the pimp, than all of LA had to have been petrified, as there are twice as many groupies in LA than any other city: The football teams, the hockey teams, baseball teams, the campuses, the rap groups, the college sports, the club scene and regular jigaloo scene would have been totally rocked.

Sex parties in LA are no big deal. Every actor, musician, athlete in LA partakes. What do you think happens at the Playboy Mansion? That they eat milk and cookies and watch movies all night? And this is before Magic got (or knew) he had AIDS.

Jerry Buss used to take his son Jim to the Nevada Bunny Ranch (a brothel) every year on his birthday and their group would f*ck the hookers in that place dry. It's well known.

You should read the Magic Johnson biography that he released shortly after he retired, we had to read it as part of sex ed because we were on the basketball team, some of the stories are insane, like after every game Magic would have codes for what girls he wanted. "Rainbow" for example meant he wanted 1 black girl, 1 white girl, and 1 Asian girl, and the Lakers staff or his entourage would make sure they were waiting for him after the game.

He also tells a story where he had a meeting at the Converse main office and he ended up f*cking the secretary on her desk while he was waiting for the meeting to start, lmao.

A murder scandal is a very different story, that's big news (see: OJ Simpson). No reporter in his right mind is going to just gloss over that, that's a career making story.

Hell the media was already up Jordan's ass for spending a few hours in Atlantic City doing nothing illegal and just spending a few hours at the blackjack table a few months prior, no way would such a story slide.

sportjames23
09-05-2014, 02:53 AM
Christian was fresh on everybody mind from the champion Duke Blue Devils. He deserved it. He won all the college awards that season.

If not him, then I guess it's a tossup between Pippen, Mullin, Kevin Johnson and T m Hardaway.

Shaq was way more dominant than Laettner. Laettner only looked good because he got favoritism in the ACC. Once he got to the NBA he was exposed. And he didn't do shit in the Olympics.

Nah, if there was to be a college kid on that team, Shaq was the only legitimate choice.

sportjames23
09-05-2014, 02:55 AM
Sex parties in LA are no big deal. Every actor, musician, athlete in LA partakes. What do you think happens at the Playboy Mansion? That they eat milk and cookies and watch movies all night? And this is before Magic got (or knew) he had AIDS.

Jerry Buss used to take his son Jim to the Nevada Bunny Ranch (a brothel) every year on his birthday and their group would f*ck the hookers in that place dry. It's well known.

You should read the Magic Johnson biography that he released shortly after he retired, we had to read it as part of sex ed because we were on the basketball team, some of the stories are insane, like after every game Magic would have codes for what girls he wanted. "Rainbow" for example meant he wanted 1 black girl, 1 white girl, and 1 Asian girl, and the Lakers staff or his entourage would make sure they were waiting for him after the game.

He also tells a story where he had a meeting at the Converse main office and he ended up f*cking the secretary on her desk while he was waiting for the meeting to start, lmao.

A murder scandal is a very different story, that's big news (see: OJ Simpson). No reporter in his right mind is going to just gloss over that, that's a career making story.

Hell the media was already up Jordan's ass for spending a few hours in Atlantic City doing nothing illegal and just spending a few hours at the blackjack table a few months prior, no way would such a story slide.

Exactly.

Stringer Bell
09-05-2014, 12:08 PM

From what I've heard on Jordan he's no where near the worst of the bigger NBA players. He's really good with kids, *with* adults on his private time though that can be a different story.

NBA players live a rock star life style ... we shouldn't be surprised they behave like rock stars, they are not clean cut superhero types off the court, they're people ... just that they're told how great they are 24/7, have access to girls 24/7, are on the road half the time, etc. etc.

Where did you read it from? Sounds interesting and kind of disturbing if Magic was FORCING them to do it. That's a HUGE difference than him just messing around, cheating on his GF, and having wild parties.

I've heard the same thing with Jordan. He can be a real d---- but is good with kids. The Jordan Rules by Sam Smith caused that stir because Jordan had such a squeaky clean image, and it talked about a lot of his negative traits, but said he was genuinely good with kids (not just doing it for PR) and would be all torn up and in tears when he visited sick kids at hospitals.

Why are people still on the "Jordan is responsible for his father's death" conspiracy? It was well documented that these 2 pieces of filth were on a crime spree when they killed James Jordan. They had done all sorts of violent acts and robberies.

jayfan
09-05-2014, 01:11 PM

No one cared what Pippen thought. He was just riding along in the side car.

And I'm quite sure no one cared what Malone thought, either. MJ ran that show. Bird and Magic had voice, too.

JohnnySic
09-05-2014, 01:19 PM
This. Stockton was just better at that point, and they didn't need 3 point guards.

jayfan
09-05-2014, 01:23 PM
This. Stockton was just better at that point, and they didn't need 3 point guards.

Whether or not Stockton was better at the time was irrelevant. That was Zeke's spot. Just like Magic and Bird had their spots. And those two had a lot less left in their tanks than Isiah did.

(But for the record, Zeke > Stockton)

SpanishACB
09-05-2014, 01:28 PM
if isiah was selected does anyone think he would have generated any trouble or that he would have played his heart out and protected his new teammates like they've been playing together forever?

Jordan is just a child when it comes to these things, and he probably felt this was payback for whatever Isiah did to him in a game

JohnnySic
09-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Whether or not Stockton was better at the time was irrelevant. That was Zeke's spot. Just like Magic and Bird had their spots. And those two had a lot less left in their tanks than Isiah did.

(But for the record, Zeke > Stockton)

Bird and Magic are transcendent players who "saved" the NBA, and arguable GOATS. Isiah wasn't on that level; great, but not Bird/Magic/MJ great. Same reason 'Nique was left off - Chris Mullin was just better by then.

Soundwave
09-05-2014, 01:41 PM
if isiah was selected does anyone think he would have generated any trouble or that he would have played his heart out and protected his new teammates like they've been playing together forever?

Jordan is just a child when it comes to these things, and he probably felt this was payback for whatever Isiah did to him in a game

Isiah started the feud by organizing a freezeout Jordan out of the 85 All-Star game because he was jealous of all the attention Jordan was getting.

What moron freezes a rookie out of his first All-Star game?

It started there, not in game, MJ didn't have a problem with players playing him tough, Oakley/Ewing knocked him on his ass plenty during the Knicks-Bulls games, Ewing works for Jordan today and Oakley and him are good friends.

Pointguard
09-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Where did you read it from? Sounds interesting and kind of disturbing if Magic was FORCING them to do it. That's a HUGE difference than him just messing around, cheating on his GF, and having wild parties.

There was no forcing. He's referencing the AC Green article that was posted here a while ago. There is a part in the article that Frank Brickowski can't tell whether or not he's at an orgy, brothel or regular party, and Magic walks around and begins ordering people to have sex around midnight. Magic, King of the Alphas... .

L.Kizzle
09-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Shaq was way more dominant than Laettner. Laettner only looked good because he got favoritism in the ACC. Once he got to the NBA he was exposed. And he didn't do shit in the Olympics.

Nah, if there was to be a college kid on that team, Shaq was the only legitimate choice.
Exposed, he was the 3rd draft pick for a reason. Everyone knew Shaq (and Morning) were better than him. But, that's not why he was choose for the team. Him winning multiple NCAA Awards and on top of that winning the title and hitting "the shot" make him easily the only candidate for the Dream Team. He had a Dream Season. No one expected him to be the second coming of Larry Bird.

He was an 18/8/2.5 player his first six seasons before he got injured.

SamuraiSWISH
09-05-2014, 01:56 PM
The only thing I dislike about MJ's career is retiring in '94. I understand why, he had an itch to play baseball due to his father pushing it. Then his dad's death kind of solidified his need to go do it. But I wish he would've competed for a 4th ring in that 1994 season, stepped away from the game for the 1995 season, then come back in '96.

Also, even though he showed flashes of impressive brillaince, it was hard watching him in a Wizards uniform as a 38 - 40 year old.

Krause should've locked him up with a job in the front office. And even though Phil left, and Pippen cried his way out of town, I would've preferred seeing a still in shape Jordan stick around for the 1999 season. He would've been a younger age, still in good shape as opposed to waiting 3 whole years to come back way older on a different team.

beastee
09-05-2014, 02:00 PM
I don't think MJ expressly told them to keep Isiah off, Jordan just wasn't sure about playing on the '92 team because of burn out and the Olympics organizers would do anything to have Jordan on the team because a "Dream Team" without Jordan on it kind of lost 1/2 of its entire marketing appeal right there.

So they picked Pippen to the team very early too and kept Isiah off hoping to appease Jordan. But I think that was their decision, not the other way around.

Besides by the end of the 91 season ...

Stockton - 17 ppg, 14(!) apg
Isiah - 16 ppg, 9.3 apg

Isiah was still a good player, but its arguable that Stockton was probably the best PG in the NBA by that time, especially with Magic's retirement.

Though Isiah-Jordan's beef goes back before the Bad Boy days even, I believe Isiah organized a freeze out of Jordan in his first All-Star game because Isiah was jealous of all the attention Jordan was getting.

After the All-Star game when the Bulls played the Pistons, Jordan torched Isiah for 50 points or something as a response.

/thread. Nailed everything that needed to be said.

jayfan
09-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Bird and Magic are transcendent players who "saved" the NBA, and arguable GOATS. Isiah wasn't on that level; great, but not Bird/Magic/MJ great. Same reason 'Nique was left off - Chris Mullin was just better by then.

I'm not saying that Isiah was quite on Magic/Bird level. I'm saying that like them, he had a spot on that team. And it was taken away solely for the political reasons being discussed here. Stockton's play had nothing to do with it. He was just the replacement they decided to bring in once the deed was done. Nothing like Dominique's situation.

Soundwave
09-05-2014, 02:05 PM
The only thing I dislike about MJ's career is retiring in '94. I understand why, he had an itch to play baseball due to his father pushing it. Then his dad's death kind of solidified his need to go do it. But I wish he would've competed for a 4th ring in that 1994 season, stepped away from the game for the 1995 season, then come back in '96.

Also, even though he showed flashes of impressive brillaince, it was hard watching him in a Wizards uniform as a 38 - 40 year old.

Krause should've locked him up with a job in the front office. And even though Phil left, and Pippen cried his way out of town, I would've preferred seeing a still in shape Jordan stick around for the 1999 season. He would've been a younger age, still in good shape as opposed to waiting 3 whole years to come back way older on a different team.

I think it's obvious him retiring and playing baseball was pretty much the classic grieving process. He needed to get away, but I think if that didn't happen, I don't buy that he was going to retire anyway.

He would've mulled it over, but was too competitive to leave like that, until something like that mentally just rocks your world.

That said, the championships were kinda becoming routine by 93 ... the retirement and losing to Orlando in 95 made the 96 season like 1000x more satisfying.

Soundwave
09-05-2014, 02:11 PM
It's a true shame that Jordan, and the Bulls strong hold on the league was so dominant in the 90's ... he really needed a true consistent challenger to his, and Chicago's throne. Something to push against, and motivate him more. If there was an actual worthy competitor to get his competitive juices going again, on an individual level or as a team, instead of getting bored, he may never have stepped away in the first play.

By '93 to be honest I was kinda sick of the Bulls and everything always coming up roses for them. I kinda was rooting for the Suns in the Finals :lol

When he retired that floored everyone, that's when I really started to appreciate him because you don't know what you got till its gone.

SamuraiSWISH
09-05-2014, 02:12 PM
I think it's obvious him retiring and playing baseball was pretty much the classic grieving process. He needed to get away, but I think if that didn't happen, I don't buy that he was going to retire anyway.

He would've mulled it over, but was too competitive to leave like that, until something like that mentally just rocks your world.

That said, the championships were kinda becoming routine by 93 ... the retirement and losing to Orlando in 95 made the 96 season like 1000x more satisfying.
It's a true shame that Jordan, and the Bulls strong hold on the league was so dominant in the 90's ... he was excluded of a true consistent challenger to his, and Chicago's throne.

Something or someone to push against, and motivate him more. If there was an actual worthy competitor to get his competitive juices going again, on an individual level or as a team, instead of getting bored, he may never have stepped away in the first play.

MJ never had his Bird v.s. Magic, or Kobe v.s. LeBron, or KD v.s. LeBron rivalry. Everyone always fell short of the bar in some form or fashion.

After he slaughtered Magic in the '91 Finals, Drexler in the '92 Finals on some levels he had no one to compete with or compare himself to in order to get better.

Nevaeh
09-05-2014, 02:27 PM

The only cool part about him coming back during the Wizards years was that it gave ISH a great set of debates about "how would MJ compete against "modern" competition"? Had he wrapped things up in 99, peeps would argue up and down about how he couldn't hold his own against this player or that player. So from that perspective it was cool seeing him again, all things considered.

http://theshoegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/air-jordan-9-ix-retro-card1.jpg

As for 94, I just hate not seeing MJ rock the AJ9s and the various colorways that would have come with them that year. Can still do it in the Videogames, which is cool. I still prefer how the "Dennis Rodman era" happened as a cosequence of the retirement though. Who knows how things would have panned out, had MJ stuck around without retiring?

SamuraiSWISH
09-05-2014, 02:36 PM
As for 94, I just hate not seeing MJ rock the AJ9s and the various colorways that would have come with them that year. Can still do it in the Videogames, which is cool. I still prefer how the "Dennis Rodman era" happened as a cosequence of the retirement though. Who knows how things would have panned out, had MJ stuck around without retiring?
Me too, the IX are the most underrated MJs. Mainly because he didn't get a chance to play on the court in them.

But I mean if dude doesn't retire in '94, and '95. That's at least another ring, two more scoring titles, absurd career averages / accumlative stats considering he was still in his prime capable of putting up 32 pp / 6 rpg / 5 apg and 2 - 3 spg.

That '94 team with Jordan is IMO the best Chicago team we would've seen. I mean they won 55 w/o him, and went to the 2nd round. Add still physical prime MJ to the mix? That's possible 70 win season and a fourth straight championship.

L.Kizzle
09-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Me too, the IX are the most underrated MJs. Mainly because he didn't get a chance to play on the court in them.

But I mean if dude doesn't retire in '94, and '95. That's at least another ring, two more scoring titles, absurd career averages / accumlative stats considering he was still in his prime capable of putting up 32 pp / 6 rpg / 5 apg and 2 - 3 spg.

That '94 team with Jordan is IMO the best Chicago team we would've seen. I mean they won 55 w/o him, and went to the 2nd round. Add still physical prime MJ to the mix? That's possible 70 win season and a fourth straight championship.
Without Jordan, the season before they win two more games. So are you saying with MJ they'll be that much better?

SamuraiSWISH
09-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Without Jordan, the season before they win two more games. So are you saying with MJ they'll be that much better?
Wait, what? The '93 team had serious burn out. MJ and Pippen played 2.5x straight years of basketball with the Olympic team. Scottie, and Horace played worse in '93 than they had the two previous years.

With the additions of Kukoc, and Kerr to provide relief or more scoring? Yes I think that '94 team would've been the '96 team on steroids. Younger MJ, peak Pippen? Kukoc off the bench? BJ Armstrong, and Horace had the best seasons of their career that year.

Contract years. '93 Bulls aren't winning 55 - 57 games without Michael Jordan. The '94 team had a better roster, more motivation, and peak years from 3x players.

sportjames23
09-05-2014, 03:10 PM

Here with this bullshit again.

The 93 team COASTED, bruh. MJ and Pip had played ALL summer in 1992. They weren't gonna go all-out during the 1992-1993 season. Notice how that was the only championship Bulls team that won less than 60 games.

Again, they coasted. They had been going all the way in the playoffs the previous two seasons and Pip and MJ played in the Olympics well into the summer. Phil purposely held them back so his best players wouldn't be worn out come playoffs. Horace Grant even bitched about MJ and Pip getting more time off.

The next season (1993-1994) the Bulls went hard without MJ, adding Toni Kukoc, and still fell short of the previous year's team that held back. Add to that, the following season before MJ came back and with Horace Grant leaving for Orlando, the team was well on its way to MISSING the playoffs until MJ's return and they went 17-4 down the stretch.

And we all know what happened the following season.

So ya'll nigguhs need to drop that "Pip lead the team to only two wins less the season MJ missed" without using context. Ya'll ph@ggots will do anything to shit on MJ.

mehyaM24
09-05-2014, 03:38 PM
yea the bulls with jordan in 94 still lose to the knicks, and if not them, houston.

the 93 bulls won just 2 games more WITH jordan, but went through bad teams to win a title (kj injured and weak perimeter play). the 94 bulls, even with pippen's resurgence, wouldn't have been able to matchup against the rockets style of play.

i believe the rockets, aside from the 96 bulls, were the best team to win a title in the 90s.

SamuraiSWISH
09-05-2014, 04:03 PM
but went through bad teams to win a title
The '93 Knicks were the #1 defense, won 60+ games. The '93 Suns were the #1 offense, won 60+ games.

Right ... Beat the best offensive team, and best defensive team. In consecutive rounds. This troll tries so hard.

(kj injured and weak perimeter play)
You mean this weak perimeter play?

G KJ 16 ppg 8 apg
G Majerle 17 ppg
SF Dumas 16 ppg

Bench:
G Ainge 12 ppg
SF Chambers 12 ppg
SF Ceballos 12 ppg

:oldlol:

mehyaM24
09-05-2014, 04:19 PM
G KJ 16 ppg 8 apg
G Majerle 17 ppg
SF Dumas 16 ppg

trash. besides kj, who was injured, these guys cant put pressure on the defense. hence being weak perimeter players.

Bench:
G Ainge 12 ppg
SF Chambers 12 ppg
SF Ceballos 12 ppg

:oldlol:

ceballos never played in the finals, idiot. way to expose yourself.

hitmanyr2k
09-05-2014, 05:47 PM
The next season (1993-1994) the Bulls went hard without MJ, adding Toni Kukoc, and still fell short of the previous year's team that held back. Add to that, the following season before MJ came back and with Horace Grant leaving for Orlando, the team was well on its way to MISSING the playoffs until MJ's return and they went 17-4 down the stretch.

And we all know what happened the following season.

So ya'll nigguhs need to drop that "Pip lead the team to only two wins less the season MJ missed" without using context. Ya'll ph@ggots will do anything to shit on MJ.

The Bulls didn't really go all that "hard". If anything they started out very slow. Pippen missed 10 games recovering from the ankle surgery and worked his way back into it. Kukoc had his growing pains adjusting to the NBA and the other new faces on the team (Kerr, Myers, Jo Jo English, Wennington, Longley, etc) still had to learn and get comfortable with the triangle offense. Horace Grant also missed 12 games and he was actually accused by Reinsdorf of faking illness and injury during the season (adding to the insult of Krause naming PFs better than him to lowball him for his free agent contract negotiations).

And please, Please, PLEASE stop with the "Bulls were on their way to missing the playoffs before Jordan came back". This is beyond crap and I've seen it repeated so many times on this site in the past years it's ridiculous. The Bulls had won 8 out of 10 games before Jordan came back, were 34-31 and sitting comfortably at the 6th seed. They weren't ANYWHERE CLOSE to missing the playoffs at that point. The 35-57 Celtics made the playoffs as an 8th seed that year. The Bulls could have won 2 more games from the point when Jordan came back and still made the playoffs that year :oldlol: