PDA

View Full Version : How long will it take for D Rose to return to form?

navy
09-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Half a season?

A year?

Two years?

Dude looks terrible out there in FIBA. He had all this hype from the coaches as well.:facepalm
I knew it was too good to be true.

Cocaine80s
09-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Probably around March just in time for the playoffs

BigTicket
09-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Honestly, I don't think he ever will.

He's not going to get any more MVPs, and probably no more all-nba selections either.

Hey Yo
09-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh 10m

With 3 assists and 1 turnover, Derrick Rose now has 8 assists and 8 turnovers in four FIBA games.

navy
09-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Honestly, I don't think he ever will.

He's not going to get any more MVPs, and quite possibly no more all-nba selections either.
I highly doubt this. His athleticism and body control are still elite. He is still young. You really think in 3-5 years he wont be back or better than ever?

stalkerforlife
09-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Didn't look too bad today.

MP.Trey
09-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Remember how good he looked in preseason last year though? I truly don't know. Wish the best for the guy but his basketball future is as unpredictable as any. I wouldn't write off an early retirement, but I wouldn't write off him being MVP level again either.

BigTicket
09-03-2014, 05:13 PM
I highly doubt this. His athleticism and body control are still elite. He is still young. You really think in 3-5 years he wont be back or better than ever?

Yes, I really think he won't. It's been three years since his only all-nba selection, he was awful when he played last year, and he's been awful so far this year.

I would like for him to return to form, but I haven't seen any indication that he will.

beastee
09-03-2014, 06:13 PM
I think it is funny that you post this today after he had a decent game and not the last game where he played poorly.

navy
09-03-2014, 06:57 PM
I think it is funny that you post this today after he had a decent game and not the last game where he played poorly.
Decent has low standards in FIBA....

Team was up by 40 for Christ sake.

Meticode
09-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Rose's biggest hurdle has never been his knees, it's been his mentality.

Milbuck
09-03-2014, 07:06 PM
I put just as much stock into Rose's play in FIBA as I do for Pau, who routinely shits on international competition but has still been completely underwhelming for years now during the NBA. And Rose was never good in international play to begin with..

inclinerator
09-03-2014, 07:47 PM
probably a few years

oarabbus
09-03-2014, 07:49 PM

It's... been his knees. Definitely his knees.

poido123
09-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Half a season?

A year?

Two years?

Dude looks terrible out there in FIBA. He had all this hype from the coaches as well.:facepalm

Hasn't played professional ball in nearly 2 years. You aren't talking about a guy who has come back within a few months or a season. Give him time.

Stop waiting for him to fail and let him play. :confusedshrug:

His athleticism is there, the rest will follow. We all know how dominant he was when he was healthy, it's only a matter of time til we see him near that level in the future.

nathanjizzle
09-03-2014, 08:47 PM
a few more games hell be back to 90 percent of his usual self. right now hes probably at 80

King Boozer
09-03-2014, 09:05 PM
Until he plays a whole season, doesn't even have to be full D Rose this year, we can start saying he's back in the good graces of the NBA gods.

red1
09-03-2014, 09:08 PM
he's done. at least in terms of being the player he was

secund2nun
09-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Worst mvp of all time... Very overrated. He will end up as the only "mvp" in nba history to fail to make the HOF

Meticode
09-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Hopefully sooner than later.

Sportal
09-03-2014, 09:21 PM
About 25-30 games, hopefully.

His performances right now are not really surprising. I don't know what everyone thought he'd play like.

poido123
09-03-2014, 09:38 PM

Are you bipolar?

How do you go from posting this:

Half a season?

A year?

Two years?

Dude looks terrible out there in FIBA. He had all this hype from the coaches as well.

to this:

Is this a deliberate attempt to create trolling? What is the point you are making?

navy
09-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Are you bipolar?

How do you go from posting this:

Half a season?

A year?

Two years?

Dude looks terrible out there in FIBA. He had all this hype from the coaches as well.

to this:

Is this a deliberate attempt to create trolling? What is the point you are making?

Bruh. Find a contradiction in those statements and get back to me.

poido123
09-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Bruh. Find a contradiction in those statements and get back to me.

What stance are you making here is what I'm suggesting..

Those two statements sound like they are coming from two different people, with 2 different opinions and perspectives...

For example;

I think Rose is fat and will stay that way.

I think rose has lost a lot of weight, can put that down to better diet.

FireDavidKahn
09-03-2014, 10:18 PM
He will never new the same. His career will take a similar path that Brandon Roy's did.

navy
09-03-2014, 10:46 PM
What stance are you making here is what I'm suggesting..

Those two statements sound like they are coming from two different people, with 2 different opinions and perspectives...

For example;

I think Rose is fat and will stay that way.

I think rose has lost a lot of weight, can put that down to better diet.
bruh, what the hell. Just because you lack objectivety, doesnt mean the rest of us have to.

Let me break it down for you.

In my openning post I posed the question when Derrick Rose will return to form and gave time tables, two years being the max I proposed.

I then later responded to a post saying that Derrick Rose will never return to form.

Obviously I feel D Rose will be back, which is why I posted the thread asking for when. If I thought he would never return I would have posted that as a thread.

Capiche?

poido123
09-03-2014, 10:59 PM
bruh, what the hell. Just because you lack objectivety, doesnt mean the rest of us have to.

Let me break it down for you.

In my openning post I posed the question when Derrick Rose will return to form and gave time tables, two years being the max I proposed.

I then later responded to a post saying that Derrick Rose will never return to form.

Obviously I feel D Rose will be back, which is why I posted the thread asking for when. If I thought he would never return I would have posted that as a thread.

Capiche?

It wasn't clear, which is why I brought it up.

You're saying two different things, to be objective? Is that really it? Or a subtle troll attempt.

Hmm.

Kind of suspicious when you are a Heat/Lebron fan and always rag on our players.

Your opening post was strongly suggesting that Rose returning to form is a myth? Suggesting how long he will have excuses?

There is nothing in your original post that is objective. You never mentioned that he was going to return to form eventually, AT ALL.

navy
09-03-2014, 11:04 PM
It wasn't clear, which is why I brought it up.

You're saying two different things, to be objective? Is that really it? Or a subtle troll attempt.

Hmm.

Kind of suspicious when you are a Heat/Lebron fan and always rag on our players.

Your opening post was strongly suggesting that Rose returning to form is a myth? Suggesting how long he will have excuses?

There is nothing in your original post that is objective. You never mentioned that he was going to return to form eventually, AT ALL.

:facepalm

I never said two different things. Read Explanation above.

I never mentioned when I thought he would return to form, because I dont know and was posing the question to ISH for discussion. All we know is he is not back right now, despite the prefiba hype. :hammerhead:

Silly poido. Dont rub your biases on me.

Milbuck
09-03-2014, 11:06 PM
He will never new the same. His career will take a similar path that Brandon Roy's did.
:facepalm

inclinerator
09-03-2014, 11:06 PM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-03-2014/lzdBYe.gif

Lebron23
09-03-2014, 11:07 PM
He won't ever be as good as his MVP season, But I can still see hm average 19 ppg to 22 ppg.

FKAri
09-03-2014, 11:33 PM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-03-2014/lzdBYe.gif

lmao. He does seem shook here.

poido123
09-03-2014, 11:37 PM
lmao. He does seem shook here.

We know Rose to be pretty unexcitable in persona? To me he is just doing his customary zombie-like state.

Jameerthefear
09-03-2014, 11:53 PM
He'll never be.

JohnMax
09-04-2014, 12:03 AM
Do people not remember Westbrook at the beginning of the year. He was missing easy layups and freethrows.

It takes time to shake off rust.

Dengness9
09-04-2014, 03:21 AM

Before knee issues he was a 22 year old MVP.

Stop.:facepalm