PDA

View Full Version : Posters say they are Objective. Can this be really possible here??

poido123
09-03-2014, 11:08 PM
On a basketball fan message board? Really?

:kobe:

fpliii
09-03-2014, 11:10 PM
I don't think it's possible to be truly objective (and that being such would take a lot of fun out of sports IMO), but posting without an agenda is.

Cocaine80s
09-03-2014, 11:11 PM
op is one of the most biased posters here

**** outta here with that attitude

dubeta
09-03-2014, 11:11 PM
I try and stay objective most of the time but I can't hide the fact that i'm a kobe fan

jlip
09-03-2014, 11:12 PM
I don't think it's possible to be truly objective (and that being such would take a lot of fun out of sports IMO), but posting without an agenda is.

This

Having opinions and a bias is understandable. It's the "stannery" and agendas that are the problem.

JT123
09-03-2014, 11:13 PM
This. But posting without an agenda is no fun, which is why I rarely do so.

Milbuck
09-03-2014, 11:13 PM
Rake is the closest thing to a completely objective poster I've ever seen. Sometimes I forget he's actually a person.

navy
09-03-2014, 11:21 PM
Basketball has alot of factual numbers, you can objective to a degree. :confusedshrug:

poido123
09-03-2014, 11:23 PM
What I mean is, posters on here might comment to sound like they don't have an agenda one way or another on a topic or team, but at the end of the day we all do here.

I think it's unnatural to avoid showing your bias or agenda.

As fans, we are a passionate mob. The lifeless ones I don't care for really, they are just road cones.

fpliii
09-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Basketball has alot of factual numbers, you can objective to a degree. :confusedshrug:
You already know my stance on box scores and accolades. :cheers:

navy
09-03-2014, 11:25 PM
What I mean is, posters on here might comment to sound like they don't have an agenda one way or another on a topic or team, but at the end of the day we all do here.

As fans, we are a passionate mob. The lifeless ones I don't care for really, they are just road cones.
I already know this is a response to my D Rose thread, so I'll set the record clear.

I straight up had no agenda in asking when DRose would return to form. Believe what you wish. It is the truth.

fpliii
09-03-2014, 11:26 PM

I'm not sure if we're thinking about the same thing though.

The agendas here that kill the board are posts/threads looking to use deceptive tactics to plant a seed in other posters' minds. Nothing lamer than a poster ranting about something he doesn't actually believe, just to defend the position he's chosen.

Maybe it's just me, and other posters don't mind it as much. :confusedshrug:

navy
09-03-2014, 11:28 PM
You already know my stance on box scores and accolades. :cheers:
I was talking about pointing out inaccuracies though.

For example if someone Player X has never averaged 20 a game. I can objectively demonstrate that he has.

Now the overarching discussion may probably be filled with an agenda. But that doesnt mean we can be objective at all.

poido123
09-03-2014, 11:31 PM
I already know this is a response to my D Rose thread, so I'll set the record clear.

I straight up had no agenda in asking when DRose would return to form. Believe what you wish. It is the truth.

No worries.

I believe you.

I was just pointing out the strange polar opposites in opinion that you had.

It's not worth going on about really, all good :cheers:

poido123
09-03-2014, 11:34 PM
I'm not sure if we're thinking about the same thing though.

The agendas here that kill the board are posts/threads looking to use deceptive tactics to plant a seed in other posters' minds. Nothing lamer than a poster ranting about something he doesn't actually believe, just to defend the position he's chosen.

Maybe it's just me, and other posters don't mind it as much. :confusedshrug:

On an abrasive poster scale, you would probably record a 0.

I know you to be a good Lakers fan, being overly opinionated isn't your thing.

I totally agree with you. Anything Dubeta and his countless Alts posts up is exactly what you're talking about. Planting that seed of propaganda :oldlol:

fpliii
09-03-2014, 11:37 PM
On an abrasive poster scale, you would probably record a 0.

I know you to be a good Lakers fan, being overly opinionated isn't your thing.

I totally agree with you. Anything Dubeta and his countless Alts posts up is exactly what you're talking about. Planting that seed of propaganda :oldlol:
lol dubeta isn't the issue, if someone is clearly trolling it's easy to ignore. But I don't want to complain too much.

I do have pretty strong opinions (which in some cases do substantially deviate from the majority), but I won't really push something unless I am legitimately convinced of it.

JohnFreeman
09-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Durant the NBA made superstar

oarabbus
09-03-2014, 11:44 PM
If the extreme trolls were taken care of by the mods maybe banned, rational discussion would definitely be possible.