PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Martin has been traded for Dunleavy, Snell and 2nd round pick

poido123
09-04-2014, 03:39 AM
A random poster claims that his cousin knows something about this deal.

Here's what he said;

Chicago Bulls and Wolves have a deal in principle to trade for dunleavy, Snell and 2nd round pick 2015 for 10 year veteran Kevin Martin. I've heard it from the horses mouth my cousin and they have been trying to find a way to trade him for months but the Bulls were the only possible suitors. There's a local article saying the same thing this morning from Yahoo Sports in Minnesota. Martin is currently in the Chicago area house hunting, just give it a week and you shall see it all over the news...

Sounds plausible.

Bulls with Martin and another shot creator/ scorer.

Thoughts? Martin on this team is a good fit no doubt, slides Butler over to his best spot at the 3...

Cocaine80s
09-04-2014, 03:41 AM

Here's what he said;

Chicago Bulls and Wolves have a deal in principle to trade for dunleavy, Snell and 2nd round pick 2015 for 10 year veteran Kevin Martin. I've heard it from the horses mouth my cousin and they have been trying to find a way to trade him for months but the Bulls were the only possible suitors. There's a local article saying the same thing this morning from Yahoo Sports in Minnesota. Martin is currently in the Chicago area house hunting, just give it a week and you shall see it all over the news...

Sounds plausible.

Bulls with Martin and another shot creator/ scorer.

Thoughts? Martin on this team is a good fit no doubt, slides Bulgerover to his best spot at the 3...
sounds legit

JohnMax
09-04-2014, 03:52 AM
How are all these young players on Minnesota going to get minutes to develop?

poido123
09-04-2014, 03:58 AM
sounds legit

I didn't say it was legit.

A rumor.

poido123
09-04-2014, 04:01 AM
How are all these young players on Minnesota going to get minutes to develop?

Yeah, crazy.

Snell will start and dunleavy off the bench I'd imagine.

andremiller07
09-04-2014, 04:03 AM
Injuriy concerns between Rose and Martin, huge risk/reward type thing.

poido123
09-04-2014, 04:07 AM
Injuriy concerns between Rose and Martin, huge risk/reward type thing.

It's a risk worth taking IMO.

Martin adds something Snell and dunleavy can't. A second shot creator.

I am a little bummed that Snell could be gone. Dunleavy is an unneeded luxury we had.

If Martin goes back to being injured all the time...I'll be pissed

andremiller07
09-04-2014, 04:13 AM
It's a risk worth taking IMO.

Martin adds something Snell and dunleavy can't. A second shot creator.

I am a little bummed that Snell could be gone. Dunleavy is an unneeded luxury we had.

If Martin goes back to being injured all the time...I'll be pissed
No doubt

Brokenbeat
09-04-2014, 04:16 AM
Rose/Brooks
Martin/Hinrich
Butler/McBuckets
Taj/Mirotic
Noah/Pau

So something like this? Not bad, but I'd be worried about Hinrich along with Rose and Martin.

poido123
09-04-2014, 04:19 AM
Rose/Brooks
Martin/Hinrich
Butler/McBuckets
Taj/Mirotic
Noah/Pau

So something like this? Not bad, but I'd be worried about Heinrich along with Rose and Martin.

Still leaves two roster spots to sign free agents.

I say we sign brand/okofor and Allen/sessions/Crawford/moore

roffie
09-04-2014, 04:20 AM
dam.. a healthy bull looks dam good on paper

JohnFreeman
09-04-2014, 04:24 AM
Should have kept Nate

Brokenbeat
09-04-2014, 04:27 AM
Still leaves two roster spots to sign free agents.

I say we sign brand/okofor and Allen/sessions/Crawford/moore

Sessions would be great for you guys.

poido123
09-04-2014, 04:27 AM
Should have kept Nate

We didn't have the 3 odd mill a year to pay him.

Id love to have him back though.

poido123
09-04-2014, 04:32 AM
Sessions would be great for you guys.

I agree.

It would allow Hinrich to play alongside rose more which has worked well before.

HylianNightmare
09-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Wasn't Snell looking pretty good?

robert de niro
09-04-2014, 08:13 AM
:biggums:

poido123
09-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Wasn't Snell looking pretty good?

In summer league, yes.

Bulls are looking to contend now. Martin helps a need of a second shot creator, scorer and draws fouls.

I have mixed feelings both ways. If it's true, martin will provide a much needed SG and if it isnt true, I'd like to see what Snell offers up until the all-star break and then make a decision from there.

Snell has length, athleticism and shooting ability to offer. Pippen started out really slow in his early years, Snell has a little pippen in him.

poido123
09-04-2014, 08:16 AM
:biggums:

Could be false, but why would he lie? The way he said it sounds plausible.

Demitri98
09-04-2014, 08:21 AM
Yeah, crazy.

Over who? :biggums:

poido123
09-04-2014, 08:25 AM
Over who? :biggums:

He'd take martin's spot and Wiggins to slide over to SF or vice versa.

nathanjizzle
09-04-2014, 08:35 AM
you suck poido. you get a strike in the bulls brotherhood round table. 3 strikes youre out.

nathanjizzle
09-04-2014, 08:40 AM
I didn't say it was legit.

A rumor.

a rumor is only a "rumor" if it is going around sports media or social media, not what your friends cousin says.

poido123
09-04-2014, 08:45 AM
a rumor is only a "rumor" if it is going around sports media or social media, not what your friends cousin says.

Did you miss the part about "yahoo sports" in what he said? My friends cousin? Did you read the post properly?

Strike? For what? I'm only passing on what I've read.

Anyways, if I offended you, perhaps you should consider using tampons regularly. There's a reason why you have a red bar under your name Jizz.

nathanjizzle
09-04-2014, 08:48 AM
Did you miss the part about "yahoo sports" in what he said? My friends cousin? Did you read the post properly?

Strike? For what? I'm only passing on what I've read.

Anyways, if I offended you, perhaps you should consider using tampons regularly. There's a reason why you have a red bar under your name Jizz.

relax man, you take this website too seriously.

poido123
09-04-2014, 08:51 AM
relax man, you take this website too seriously.

OK.

But what you said to me was stupid. No need to call out our own fans, I wasn't running our players under the bus or anything.

:hammerhead:

DStebb716
09-04-2014, 09:55 AM
Yeah, crazy.

Snell would be like the fourth guy off the bench in Minny.

poido123
09-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Snell would be like the fourth guy off the bench in Minny.

Considering that he can play SG or SF, who will be in front of him?

Brewer and budinger are OK, but wolves are on a youth push ATM. I'd say they would want Snell and Wiggins to develop together if this trade happens...

pegasus
09-04-2014, 10:28 AM
This rumor reminds of the time when we got Rip and how everyone was so excited. I think Martin's best days as a potent scorer are behind him, and he was never a defensive force to begin with. The latter part can be said about Rose too, so I'd be worried about our backcourt defense.

I'm not opposed to losing Snell and Dunleavy, but I'd like to get a surer thing in return.

poido123
09-04-2014, 10:45 AM
This rumor reminds of the time when we got Rip and how everyone was so excited. I think Martin's best days as a potent scorer are behind him, and he was never a defensive force to begin with. The latter part can be said about Rose too, so I'd be worried about our backcourt defense.

I'm not opposed to losing Snell and Dunleavy, but I'd like to get a surer thing in return.

I agree.

TBH, collectively id rather keep Snell and dunleavy. Snell can develop into an very nice player and I'm quite happy to go into the playoffs with who we got now.

MiseryCityTexas
09-04-2014, 10:49 AM
playing with kevin martin in the lineup is pretty much like playing 4 against 5 on defense.

BoNafidde
09-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Cant be true. Minnesota wouldnt trade for a player of Tony Snells complexion

Real14
09-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Should have kept Nate
yea he at least got them to tha 2nd round. Bulls are dumb. I hope this trade never happens tho.

poido123
09-04-2014, 11:08 AM
playing with kevin martin in the lineup is pretty much like playing 4 against 5 on defense.

it is a concern of mine too yes.

i just wish we were able to get afflalo, he would fit the SG perfectly.

I'd really like ray ray, but reports suggest he's going to Cavs

SwishSquared
09-04-2014, 11:34 AM
I'm not sure I like this deal, honestly. Snell could be a nice cog in that machine and Martin isn't what he was 5 years ago. He also has 3 years left on his deal. For Bulls long-term, it's probably better to let Dunleavy expire after the season and let Snell develop. Maybe Chicago wants to maximize a potentially very short window, depending on Rose's health.

Martin can knock down open Js, but he was not nearly as good last as he was in the past (specifically his year in OKC). His FT rate has plummeted, so I'm not sure how much he can do as a secondary creator if he's taking more jumpers. His assist % was 4th lowest of his career last year and he's averaged less than 2 apg past two seasons. He took a lot of long 2s last year instead of just shooting 3s when he had the chance.

He'll be on a better team against worse competition in EC, so he'll probably play a bit better. I don't dislike Martin on the Bulls, I just don't know if this is right move to make in giving up a young guy and an expiring. Is Martin that much better than Snell + Dunleavy? FWIW Flip is doing a pretty good job flipping players this off-season, if true. All he now needs to do is trade Pekovic so Dieng gets even more burn.

poido123
09-05-2014, 08:33 PM
http://sircharlesincharge.com/2014/09/05/nba-rumors-loose-rumorhypothetical-kevin-martin-to-bulls/

"This rumour originated on the Message Board of Inside Hoops, and should not be taken with anything less but a truckload of salt. With that in mind, let's toy around with this idea for a moment."

:roll:

TheMarkMadsen
09-05-2014, 08:40 PM
http://sircharlesincharge.com/2014/09/05/nba-rumors-loose-rumorhypothetical-kevin-martin-to-bulls/

"This rumour originated on the Message Board of Inside Hoops, and should not be taken with anything less but a truckload of salt. With that in mind, let's toy around with this idea for a moment."

:roll:

:roll: :roll:

Wow, great journalism.

Sauces - Poido123s friends cousins brother.

poido123
09-05-2014, 08:46 PM
:roll: :roll:

Wow, great journalism.

Sauces - Poido123s friends cousins brother.

It's a bit lame, but I decided to make it's own thread about it :oldlol:

Can you imagine this happening to you though? Bit of a spin out :hammerhead: