PDA

View Full Version : Raptors Sign Greg Stiemsma

Legends66NBA7
09-04-2014, 12:18 PM
http://www.nba.com/raptors/stiemsma_090414

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/raptors/sites/default/files/styles/story_main_photo/public/stiemsma_777.jpg

Stiemsma, 6-foot-11, 260 pounds, averaged 2.9 points with career bests of 4.1 rebounds and 18.3 minutes in 55 games (20 starts) last season with New Orleans. He scored in double figures four times, including a season-high 12 points January 3 at Boston. He also recorded back-to-back double-digit rebound totals with 11 caroms at Cleveland on January 28 and a career-best 12 boards January 29 at Minnesota.

The University of Wisconsin product has played for New Orleans, Minnesota (2012-13) and Boston (2011-12). He owns career averages of 3.4 points, 3.6 rebounds and 16.0 minutes in 186 NBA games (42 starts).

Looks like another guy who will need to make the cut on the team.

Twiens
09-04-2014, 12:21 PM
A big that can block shots, he should make it. Much needed.:applause:

kurple
09-04-2014, 12:22 PM
probably just a training camp and pre season addition

BlackWhiteGreen
09-04-2014, 12:22 PM
People forget he was basically the only big man the Celtics had off the bench in their 2012 run. Surprised he's bounced around, I'd have had him back before the Celts acquired Zeller

Legends66NBA7
09-04-2014, 12:26 PM
probably just a training camp and pre season addition

Yup. Team looks like this now:

PG: K. Lowry / G. Vasquez / W. Cherry
SG: D. DeRozan / L. Williams / L. Fields
SF: T. Ross / James Johnson / B. Caboclo / J. Hamilton
PF: Amir Johnson / P. Patterson / T. Hansbrough
C: J. Valanciunas / C. Hayes / L. Nogueira/ G. Stiemsma

Cherry, Hamilton, and Stiemsma. 2 of the 3 will be cut, unless Masai has a trade on his mind to unload Fields and/or Hayes.

anthonyRandolph
09-04-2014, 01:13 PM
A big that can block shots, he should make it. Much needed.:applause:
He's the worst player I've ever seen play, honestly. Terrible defender, i'm not sure where his blocks come from, I'd cheer when he'd get taken out of the game. He's also a terrible finisher, not good at being a big body, disgusting hands, there's really no appeal here. In like 20 minutes of play one stray offensive rebound may bounce his way, not a high motor guy, can't believe he keeps robbing teams.

Legends66NBA7
09-04-2014, 01:21 PM
He's the worst player I've ever seen play, honestly. Terrible defender, i'm not sure where his blocks come from, I'd cheer when he'd get taken out of the game. He's also a terrible finisher, not good at being a big body, disgusting hands, there's really no appeal here. In like 20 minutes of play one stray offensive rebound may bounce his way, not a high motor guy, can't believe he keeps robbing teams.

He hits over 70% near the rim last season, so I wouldn't say he was that terrible of a finisher. But I do agree with the most of what you've said about him. I think he's really a dirty player on defense, not really different from Tyler Hansbrough.

Fire Colangelo
09-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Hopefully Masai has a trade in mind to get rid of Fields or something.