PDA

View Full Version : the key to stopping a lebron offense is to let lebron get his. stop everyone else

kennethgriffin
09-04-2014, 03:12 PM
spurs proved this

lebron wants to pass. his offense is geared toward kick out threes.

its seemingly the only people they go after. his teams are just him and spot up shooters. and if a team mate is a post player. hes told to be a spot up shooter

but nobody is good at spot up shooting unless theyre wide open.... or their name is kobe bryant

so in the end. lebron isnt the type of guy to score 50-60 when the defense is single covering him. he doesnt like forcing the action due to protecting his field goal percentage. lebron only wants to drive or shoot wide open threes. thats his whole game

and everyone knows that theres no way anyone can score 50 on just layups. unless your defense is absolute shit

lebron would either be forced to change his style. and the offense. or his teams would lose. simple as that.

i dont know why more teams havent tried this strategy. it works

Im so nba'd out
09-04-2014, 03:17 PM
lebron wants to pass. his offense is geared toward kick out threes.

its seemingly the only people they go after. his teams are just him and spot up shooters. and if a team mate is a post player. hes told to be a spot up shooter

but nobody is good at spot up shooting unless theyre wide open.... or their name is kobe bryant

so in the end. lebron isnt the type of guy to score 50-60 when the defense is single covering him. he doesnt like forcing the action due to protecting his field goal percentage. lebron only wants to drive or shoot wide open threes. thats his whole game

and everyone knows that theres no way anyone can score 50 on just layups. unless your defense is absolute shit

lebron would either be forced to change his style. and the offense. or his teams would lose. simple as that.

i dont know why more teams havent tried this strategy. it works

i made this thread a year ago

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297783

mods lock this thread please and sticky my old one thanks in advance.

kennethgriffin
09-04-2014, 03:17 PM
rarely ever worked with kobe

guys like him, jordan and wilt are threats to drop 50 every night. they want single coverage.

lebron doesnt. lebron likes his 30 and 10 nights more than scoring 50

Haymaker
09-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Didn't worked in 2013. Spurs beat the heat by moving the ball just like Dallas showed back in 2011, and playing smart defense.

Im so nba'd out
09-04-2014, 03:25 PM
I joined the site a year before you and i come up with your ideas a year before you....catch up you still running laps im running marathons

kennethgriffin
09-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Didn't worked in 2013. Spurs beat the heat by moving the ball just like Dallas showed back in 2011, and playing smart defense.

ball movement did beat miami on offense. but on defense pop had a strategy. and if you are a spurs fan youd know during the 2013 finals they let lebron shoot wide open from 20 feet out all series. it worked for 6 games. then lebron finally started hitting them in game 7

but as we all know. it never should have gotten to a game 7. ray allen saved the day

and why? because the spurs for one play forgot to "STOP EVERYONE ELSE" and were caught looking at lebron

Jlamb47
09-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Yeah its a decent strategy...but still got to prsesure Lebron

dubeta
09-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Smh :facepalm

And btw the notion that lebron was protecting his fg% is absurd

Look at how many times he sat out

Game 1 was cramps, game 3-4-5 were blowouts

Lebron shot a lot it's just that he didn't play much

He shot a lot when you consider how many minutes he was on for.

And lebron did force the issue, remember the 3rd quarter when lebron scored 19 of the heats 21 points? It meant nothing as the spurs still built a bigger lead even with lebron scoring.

The main problem was defense as the spurs shot too well."

ImKobe
09-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Yeah its a decent strategy...but still got to prsesure Lebron

Yeah, it's obviously not that simple, you need the right defensive rotations to pull that off, otherwise James just goes off for 20 straight points and forces you to make adjustments.

You need to give him different looks down the court every time, you need to protect the paint and make sure you don't give him too many opportunities inside, make him shoot long 2s and if he's hot, there's nothing you can do besides making sure you don't let him get it to a wide open teammate for a 3 or a layup inside.

Spurs obviously had the right system in place for this, and the team executed it flawlessly, Lebron turned the ball over at a high rate, couldn't get his teammates going, which resulted in the team playing poorly on the other end (I've heard all the greats say that in order to play great defense, you need to get your teammates going on the offensive side to have the chemistry). Heat obviously got TORCHED by everybody.