PDA

View Full Version : rose will end up as the only "MVP" to never make the HOF

secund2nun
09-06-2014, 02:34 PM
Aside from players like Bonds that have steroid issues or criminals or gamblers like Pete Rose.

Also he is the worst mvp of all time no matter the sport. Quite a legacy.

SouBeachTalents
09-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Aside from players like Bonds that have steroid issues or criminals or gamblers like Pete Rose.

Also he is the worst mvp of all time no matter the sport. Quite a legacy.

That's not true. There have been several NFL MVP's that haven't made the HOF. I'm sure others in the MLB & NHL as well

kennethgriffin
09-06-2014, 02:39 PM
this is actually possible. rose is in no way guaranteed to make the HOF

1 time all nba in 6 years

meh

only 6000 points? while starting for 6 seasons?

meh

rose is like 27 years old. but his body is already 30+

secund2nun
09-06-2014, 02:42 PM
That's not true. There have been several NFL MVP's that haven't made the HOF. I'm sure others in the MLB & NHL as well

True but most of those NFL exceptions are from back in the 50s and 60s probably. Also has there been any NBA mvps not in the HOF? I doubt it... If there are any exceptions it's probably back in the 50s.

navy
09-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Meh, I mean it's more because of injuries than him not being a good playerb

SouBeachTalents
09-06-2014, 02:46 PM
True but most of those NFL exceptions are from back in the 50s and 60s probably. Also has there been any NBA mvps not in the HOF? I doubt it... If there are any exceptions it's probably back in the 50s.

Every NBA MVP has made the HOF, that's true. But you're actually wrong about NFL MVP. Players like Terrell Davis, Rich Gannon, Steve McNair, and Shaun Alexander have all won MVP's in the past 15 years, yet it's likely none of them will make the HOF

secund2nun
09-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Every NBA MVP has made the HOF, that's true. But you're actually wrong about NFL MVP. Players like Terrell Davis, Rich Gannon, Steve McNair, and Shaun Alexander have all won MVP's in the past 15 years, yet it's likely none of them will make the HOF

That's true though I think McNair will make the HOF. The NFL is a bit different the MVP is a crap shoot. Also those other mvp winners like Davis and Alexander had truly great mvp season .. Just had a very short career because of injuries or general nfl wear and tear. Roses mvp season was so bad for a mvp winning season that it stands miles below any other mvp season.

But nonetheless Rose will probably be the first NBA mvp to fail to make the HOF.

Graviton
09-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Yea Rose is such a ****ing loser, will probably only make like 300 million by age 28. And being the only MVP to not make the HoF will be so crushing to him, like how the **** is he gonna look in his son's eyes and explain that shit? His parents will disown him most likely. His wife will probably divorce him and try to find a mate capable of being successful in his field, afterall guys like Rose are everywhere.

What have you accomplished in your life OP? I am sure it beats anything Rose has done, this scrub couldn't even make the HoF. :oldlol:

hawksdogsbraves
09-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Yea Rose is such a ****ing loser, will probably only make like 300 million by age 28. And being the only MVP to not make the HoF will be so crushing to him, like how the **** is he gonna look in his son's eyes and explain that shit? His parents will disown him most likely. His wife will probably divorce him and try to find a mate capable of being successful in his field, afterall guys like Rose are everywhere.

What have you accomplished in your life OP? I am sure it beats anything Rose has done, this scrub couldn't even make the HoF. :oldlol:

Yeah everything Rose has is because of his hard work, definitely not 100% because he won the genetic lottery. It's not like he's some once in a lifetime guy who came up from nothing to become this wild success.

If he couldn't jump so high the kid would probably be homeless on the streets of Chicago right now.

Graviton
09-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Yeah everything Rose has is because of his hard work, definitely not 100% because he won the genetic lottery. It's not like he's some once in a lifetime guy who came up from nothing to become this wild success.

If he couldn't jump so high the kid would probably be homeless on the streets of Chicago right now.

I know right? Its all about athleticism, Lebron would be working with his mother's crack dealer in Ohio right now if he didn't hit the jackpot in the genetic lottery. It's why guys like Gerald Green, Shannon Brown and Deandre Jordan are dominating the NBA right now. Don't even need any skills, just pure luck and genetics, no point in working hard or practicing the fundamentals.

These brainless meatheads are ruining the NBA, wish we could go back to the glorious 60s when real skill and intelligence was valued. :bowdown:

sportjames23
09-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Bran stans (and one dumbass ATL fan) are shook. Rose stays in their minds, free of rent.

SouBeachTalents
09-06-2014, 06:28 PM
I know right? Its all about athleticism, Lebron would be working with his mother's crack dealer in Ohio right now if he didn't hit the jackpot in the genetic lottery. It's why guys like Gerald Green, Shannon Brown and Deandre Jordan are dominating the NBA right now. Don't even need any skills, just pure luck and genetics, no point in working hard or practicing the fundamentals.

These brainless meatheads are ruining the NBA, wish we could go back to the glorious 60s when real skill and intelligence was valued. :bowdown:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but you can't dismiss that some people were born with genetic gifts that others simply were not. Players like Wilt, Shaq, and LeBron were definitely given a big advantage from the get go

Cali Syndicate
09-06-2014, 06:35 PM
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but you can't dismiss that some people were born with genetic gifts that others simply were not. Players like Wilt, Shaq, and LeBron were definitely given a big advantage from the get go

Doesn't mean that they didn't work extremely hard to get to where they were.

Graviton explained his stance by bringing up players with elite athletic ability who are run of the mill type players.

Graviton
09-06-2014, 07:22 PM
That's how sports work. Some individuals are born with physical gifts that give them an edge. But it's not an automatic win. You need to develop those gifts and work hard, stay in shape, show consistent effort, toughness and aquire the other skills necessary to succeed. There are more scrubs with elite athleticism than stars.

You can't discredit someone's accomplishments because of their genetics. Michael Phelps has the perfect frame for a swimmer, Usain Bolt the ideal body for a sprinter. Their gold medals don't vanish due to those advantages. They are the best because they just are.

These guys focusing solely on physical traits are the same jealous, talentless dudes that say "Man if I had Brad Pitt's body I would be famous too." Totally ignoring the fact people like that get to where they are with not just looks but acting skill, charisma and personality.