PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Fernandez, What's the deal?

tamaraw08
09-07-2014, 02:19 PM
I can count atleast 12 teams would benefit having Rudy Fernandez in their rotation. Contributing bet 12-16 pts, stretching the floor with his shooting, very good athlete etc etc.
But what is the deal with this guy?
Uncoachable? Bad defender? asking for too much $
what is the deal?

bdreason
09-07-2014, 02:57 PM
He likes being a big fish in a little pond. He could be playing in he NBA if he wanted.

HomieWeMajor
09-07-2014, 03:05 PM
After he made a slur in Denver he has been blacklisted by NBA teams. He's been trying to get a contract but after the Sterling situation teams aren't even considering anyone linked to racism.

Fiba basketball
09-07-2014, 03:06 PM
I can count atleast 12 teams would benefit having Rudy Fernandez in their rotation. Contributing bet 12-16 pts, stretching the floor with his shooting, very good athlete etc etc.
But what is the deal with this guy?
Uncoachable? Bad defender? asking for too much $
what is the deal?

Probably this since Real pays him a lot of money and I doubt any othere team in the world would give that much, that's why he extended his contract until 2018.

madmax
09-07-2014, 03:13 PM
poor attitude, huge sense of entitlement, asking for a loads of money...we've got ourselves quite a bad boy here:lol NBA teams like their players well behaved, and Rudy doesn't fit this stereotype at all:pimp:

Haymaker
09-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Rudy is scum. I'm glad he got punched.

mehyaM24
09-07-2014, 03:21 PM
rudy has that face you wanna punch. cant stand that ****ing crybaby :oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
09-07-2014, 03:23 PM
That stupid Terrence and Phillip jaw of his, it's lopsided. I would totally want to knock him out.

Myth
09-07-2014, 03:27 PM
I hate Rudy. Bitch and complained about being a role player instead of the star (when the Blazers had Roy). When Roy got hurt, Rudy got his chance to start at SG and sucked ass. Then he cried about wanting to be traded, but only specified big markets where he would get to start even though he had no leverage contract wise. Was a cancer on the Blazers after his rookie seasons. F*ck him.

no pun intended
09-07-2014, 03:41 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/09/sport/nba-rudy-fernandez-spain-basketball/?c=&page=1

Fowl
09-07-2014, 04:48 PM
I wish the Bulls could get him. Rudy Pau and Mirotic would make a really good euro connection.

Haymaker
09-07-2014, 04:56 PM
http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/BEyagZnCAAADeKc.jpg

"

Eric Cartman
09-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Who in the NBA would give him a 10 mil a year contract?

Also, I believe Spain's taxes are less harsh than in the States.

VIP2000
09-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Basically, he whined about playing time.

RedBlackAttack
09-07-2014, 05:32 PM
He made us sit through this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dKIImaubgI

Meticode
09-07-2014, 05:53 PM
From my understanding he wanted a bigger role and wasn't happy playing in the U.S. Which is why he went back to Spain.

Oly BC
09-07-2014, 06:30 PM
With so many floppers in the NBA, his talents weren't needed.

Rake2204
09-07-2014, 08:17 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/09/sport/nba-rudy-fernandez-spain-basketball/?c=&page=1I do not know much about his antics that have led others to dislike him but speaking only in regards to his willingness to be a big fish in a small pond, I can vibe with that. He made it to the best league in the world, proved he could belong (10.3 ppg as a rookie is more than honorable). Then, once injuries, the business side of things, and a lack of playing time hit, he had the opportunity to go back home, make over $10 million dollars and perhaps regain a sense of enjoyment and importance.

If he's truly a jerk, that is too bad, but his decision alone seems commendable.

Random_Guy
09-07-2014, 08:25 PM
w8 reading through this thread, Rudy F is getting paid more than 10M a year? didnt know about that but no wonder he is choosing to stay out of the NBA lol.

Rake2204
09-07-2014, 08:39 PM
w8 reading through this thread, Rudy F is getting paid more than 10M a year? didnt know about that but no wonder he is choosing to stay out of the NBA lol.I think that is the total of his three year contract according to the CNN article. Still a great heap of money.

TaLvsCuaL
09-07-2014, 11:24 PM
Guy is pretty talented but He fits better in the ACB like Sergio Rodriguez. I also prefer to be a star and earn money like a star in Europe, to be a role player in the NBA.

mehyaM24
09-07-2014, 11:28 PM
Guy is pretty talented but He fits better in the ACB like Sergio Rodriguez. I also prefer to be a star and earn money like a star in Europe, to be a role player in the NBA.

IYO, compared to euroleague, how much "better" is the NBA? i know you're a HUGE spain fan, but still interested to hear your take.

TaLvsCuaL
09-08-2014, 01:33 AM
IYO, compared to euroleague, how much "better" is the NBA? i know you're a HUGE spain fan, but still interested to hear your take.
It is difficult to compare because they NBA and the Euroleague are very different and my English is not good enough to give an adequate response. But I think most European players have better knowledge of the game and basketball IQ and more teams play team ball which balances the athleticism inequality a bit.

The NBA rely much more on the athleticism because the star system and the rules that allows much less the physical game. There are other factors as the court size, the length of matches, the backs to backs, etc, that also greatly influence the game.
Many great European players have serious problems adjusting to the NBA for those differences, even being really talented.

On the other hand I think most of the best players in the world are currently playing in the NBA, therefore is the best league by far. However could be even bigger difference because the NBA does not take advantage of their entire talent pool.

Also occurs that lots of ISH posters seems to think that there is barely NBA talent outside the NBA. And that's simply not true. For example in my opinion the best European teams like Real Madrid or Barcelona could make the playoffs in the East.

Many of these teams have players that could play in the NBA but for some reason don't want , have not had the opportunity or wasted their opportunity.

Oly BC
09-08-2014, 04:29 AM
For example in my opinion the best European teams like Real Madrid or Barcelona could make the playoffs in the East.

You can't strikethrough text in this forum?:facepalm

Anyway...

For example in my opinion average European teams like Real Madrid or Barcelona could make the playoffs in the East.
FTFY.

SpanishACB
09-08-2014, 05:33 AM
Who in the NBA would give him a 10 mil a year contract?

what? he's on 3,5 a year...

stephanieg
09-08-2014, 05:45 AM
More like Moody Fernandez.

Lebron23
09-08-2014, 05:52 AM
More like Moody Fernandez.

He thinks that he's better than some of his teammates. He's the Anti Pau Gasol.

Random_Guy
09-08-2014, 10:47 AM
I think that is the total of his three year contract according to the CNN article. Still a great heap of money.
ahh i stand corrected, but then hed prolbably make more money in the nba though, i can see teams throwing 5~6 mil at him. still i guess he is enjoying where he is

Maga_1
09-08-2014, 12:04 PM

Do you actually think that? I have the opposite opinion.
He just went too early for NBA, he was like 19 or 20 when he stepped in Portland. He had McMillan has a coach, which sucked in giving playing time for rookies, there is other examples.

When he got tradedd to Sacramento he had some games off the bench pretty good and then got traded to New York when he was going hard, played some games has a starter and had some double doubles i think. Then, he just wanted to come home, that's it.

He's really more mature now, I'm think he's going back in 2016 or 2017, even though he has contract with Real.

ralph_i_el
09-08-2014, 12:08 PM
What's the deal...with Rudy Fernandez?

I mean, I know America sucks, but passing up millions of dollars to stay in Europe? Something Something....Seinfeld punch line.

Maga_1
09-08-2014, 12:15 PM

I mean, I know America sucks, but passing up millions of dollars to stay in Europe? Something Something....Seinfeld punch line.

He wants to be a start in his home country instead of being a role player in the best league in the world, plus he makes good money.
That's it.

305Baller
09-09-2014, 02:11 AM
The Heat could totally use Fernandez right now.

Too bad Rudy doesnt need the NBA.

Oly BC
09-09-2014, 06:05 AM
He wants to be a start in his home country instead of being a role player in the best league in the world, plus he makes good money.
That's it.
Same player in both leagues.

Nick Young
09-09-2014, 07:48 AM
He is soft as hell, not playoff basketball material. He'd be great for a 11-12th place club though and probably able to get 15 ppg off the bench as a 6th man on a 30 win team. On a good team, he is 8th man material AT BEST.

Just too soft mentally and physically.

masonanddixon
09-09-2014, 08:19 AM
He had absolutely no heart whatsoever

Bandito
09-09-2014, 08:46 AM
It is difficult to compare because they NBA and the Euroleague are very different and my English is not good enough to give an adequate response. But I think most European players have better knowledge of the game and basketball IQ and more teams play team ball which balances the athleticism inequality a bit.

The NBA rely much more on the athleticism because the star system and the rules that allows much less the physical game. There are other factors as the court size, the length of matches, the backs to backs, etc, that also greatly influence the game.
Many great European players have serious problems adjusting to the NBA for those differences, even being really talented.

On the other hand I think most of the best players in the world are currently playing in the NBA, therefore is the best league by far. However could be even bigger difference because the NBA does not take advantage of their entire talent pool.

Also occurs that lots of ISH posters seems to think that there is barely NBA talent outside the NBA. And that's simply not true. For example in my opinion the best European teams like Real Madrid or Barcelona could make the playoffs in the East.

Many of these teams have players that could play in the NBA but for some reason don't want , have not had the opportunity or wasted their opportunity.:roll: :roll: :roll: :oldlol: :lol

I'm laughing because the East is so pathetic that the bolded is true

Eric Cartman
09-09-2014, 09:21 AM

**** you.

tamaraw08
09-09-2014, 09:59 AM
He is soft as hell, not playoff basketball material. He'd be great for a 11-12th place club though and probably able to get 15 ppg off the bench as a 6th man on a 30 win team. On a good team, he is 8th man material AT BEST.

Just too soft mentally and physically.

pretty much like......NICK YOUNG. :roll: :oldlol: :D

Detroit
09-09-2014, 10:12 AM
He was a good fit when he played in Portland.

Myth
09-09-2014, 03:21 PM
He was a good fit when he played in Portland.

His first year.

Andrew Wiggins
09-09-2014, 08:27 PM
-he makes just as much if not more money than he'd make in the nba
-he's a star player rather than a bench player
-he plays less games and travels less.
-he was getting homesick in the us and now he gets to live in a beautiful city in his home country with his supermodel girlfriend.
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Rudy+Fernandez+Helen+Lindes+40+Principales+CCRcjek Va2Ul.jpg
sounds like a win-win

stallionaire
09-09-2014, 09:19 PM
He made us sit through this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dKIImaubgI

haha if he got it first try that dunk would have made the crowd go nuts

Hoopz2332
09-10-2014, 08:55 PM
That stupid Terrence and Phillip jaw of his, it's lopsided. I would totally want to knock him out.

:oldlol: