PDA

View Full Version : This over hyping of the Cavs has to stop!

JT123
09-08-2014, 12:24 AM
Yes, they are a talented young team, and should be top 4 in the East. However, they are not even top 5 in terms of most talented teams in the league. Let's take a look at the teams who are better than the Cavs

1. OKC Thunder - two top 3 players. nuff said
2. LA Clippers - Best point guard in the league and a top 2 PF, with the second best coach in Basketball. Oh, an the sixth man of the year! :eek:
3. Spurs - Possibly the deepest team of our lifetime. I mean seriously, is there a single position this team is weak at? When is the last time a team could say that. They also have the best coach in the league. :bowdown:
4. Chicago Bulls - DPOY Noah, 2011 MVP Rose, best wing defender in the league Jimmy Butler, best coach in the East in Thibs, and a plethora of 3 point snipers!
5. Miami Heat - Lost the best player in the league, but replaced him with 2 All Stars in Deng and Granger. Also a solid role player in McRoberts, an elite Center in Blatche, and Shannon Brown who is basically a mini Lebron James. They also still have a Finals MVP in Wade and a 24/12 guy waiting to happen in Bosh. Honestly this Heat team scares the shit out of me.

So can anyone logically explain how the Cavs are supposed to win a ring in the next 3 years with all these power houses around?

dubeta
09-08-2014, 12:28 AM
Amazing thread :applause:

Cavs couldnt even make the playoffs the last 4 years in this 'weak' East

If they even make the playoffs this year, LeBron SHOULD win MVP :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Beastmode88
09-08-2014, 12:28 AM
Yes, they are a talented young team, and should be top 4 in the East. However, they are not even top 5 in terms of most talented teams in the league. Let's take a look at the teams who are better than the Cavs

2. LA Clippers - Best point guard in the league and a top 2 PF, with the second best coach in Basketball. Oh, an the sixth man of the year! :eek:
3. Spurs - Possibly the deepest team of our lifetime. I mean seriously, is there a single position this team is weak at? When is the last time a team could say that. They also have the best coach in the league. :bowdown:
4. Chicago Bulls - DPOY Noah, 2011 MVP Rose, best wing defender in the league Jimmy Butler, best coach in the East in Thibs, and a plethora of 3 point snipers!
5. Miami Heat - Lost the best player in the league, but replaced him with 2 All Stars in Deng and Granger. Also a solid role player in McRoberts, an elite Center in Blatche, and Shannon Brown who is basically a mini Lebron James. They also still have a Finals MVP in Wade and a 24/12 guy waiting to happen in Bosh. Honestly this Heat team scares the shit out of me.

So can anyone logically explain how the Cavs are supposed to win a ring in the next 3 years with all these power houses around?

Your top 3 is in the west they will eliminate each other til one makes it to the finals. Spurs are aging, Thunder is all hero ball with Brooks at the helm. Chris Paul is not a leader, he's a choker. As for the Bulls, I'd take rookie rose over the current rose if you've watched any fiba. Plus the bulls have no scoring option. Miami has yet to be seen but Wade got fat and Christina Bosh is not a first option guy.

dubeta
09-08-2014, 12:32 AM
Your top 3 is in the west they will eliminate each other til one makes it to the finals. Spurs are aging, Thunder is all hero ball with Brooks at the helm. Chris Paul is not a leader, he's a choker. As for the Bulls, I'd take rookie rose over the current rose if you've watched any fiba. Plus the bulls have no scoring option. Miami has yet to be seen but Wade got fat and Christina Bosh is not a first option guy.

I thought he was a superstar? :lol

Beastmode88
09-08-2014, 12:35 AM
I thought he was a superstar? :lol

She was til lebron turned him into a 3 point shooter.

Encre92
09-08-2014, 12:36 AM
Good thread. But your effort will be wasted because Kobetards and KDtards are hell bent on overrating Lebron's supporting cast.

dubeta
09-08-2014, 12:38 AM
She was til lebron turned him into a 3 point shooter.

Now lebrons not there :hammerhead:

JT123
09-08-2014, 12:40 AM
Spurs aren't really aging. That team could have easily won the title last season without Tony, Manu, and Timmy. That is how stacked they are!
You are right about the West teams knocking each other out, but the Cavs will still have to beat one of those teams to get a title. The Thunder and Clippers do have legit issues, but they still have YEARS of experience playing together. The Cavs can't be expected to contend for a title just yet.

Encre92
09-08-2014, 12:41 AM
Kevin Love playoff average: 0/0/0/0/0 on 0%FG

Kyrie Irving: no defense ball-hog who likes ISO ala Harden

Cocaine80s
09-08-2014, 12:42 AM
championship or bust ***** i aint scared

JT123
09-08-2014, 12:47 AM
Good thread. But your effort will be wasted because Kobetards and KDtards are hell bent on overrating Lebron's supporting cast.
True. At this point Lebron could sign with the Kings and these same fools would start calling Cousins the second coming of prime Shaq. :oldlol:

dubeta
09-08-2014, 12:50 AM
LeBron truly is the best teammate in the world

Turns all of his teammates to 'superstars' and '1st ballot HOF'ers' in the eyes of his haters

LeBron joined the Heat and suddenly Bosh became a "Superstar"

Now all of a sudden Kevin Love is the second coming of prime Shaq, and Kyrie is the GOAT PG

RedBlackAttack
09-08-2014, 12:54 AM
My Mr. Obvious post of the day...

JT123 and dubeta.

Two posters who've been chanting the mantra for a couple months now of the Cavs not "being that talented" so as to allow LeBron James to (a) receive all of the credit if things go well or (b) blame his (untalented) teammates if the team doesn't meet/exceed expectations.

I can't tell if they're trolling or if they actually believe the sh!t they spout. Also, I'm pretty sure they're the same person.

Don't think you're going to get away with this agenda-driven sh!t come the regular season. Not working like that this year. Get serious or GTFO.

Brokenbeat
09-08-2014, 12:56 AM

JT123 and dubeta.

Two posters who've been chanting the mantra for a couple months now of the Cavs not "being that talented" so as to allow LeBron James to (a) receive all of the credit if things go well or (b) blame his (untalented) teammates if the team doesn't meet/exceed expectations.

I can't tell if they're trolling or if they actually believe the sh!t they spout. Also, I'm pretty sure they're the same person.

Don't think you're going to get away with this agenda-driven sh!t come the regular season. Not working like that this year. Get serious or GTFO.

:lebronamazed:

dubeta
09-08-2014, 12:57 AM

JT123 and dubeta.

I'm saying Kyrie and Love are stars but not superstars, is that wrong?

I think you're affiliation as a Cavs fan makes you sensitive to these topics and more likely to attack us "Bran stans"

There are people who go to extremes, in the opposite, such as Kevin Love being compared to Prime Shaq, but you dont say anything then :facepalm

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350633

JT123
09-08-2014, 12:59 AM

JT123 and dubeta.

Me and dubeta are not the same person. I will admit I like to have fun, and am not serious very often. However, with the exception of my blurb about the Heat, I am dead serious about everything else I said in this thread. Notice I have not said anything negative about Lebron's teammates in here, other than that they are young and inexperienced. :confusedshrug:

Sarcastic
09-08-2014, 01:00 AM
Me and dubeta are not the same person. I will admit I like to have fun, and am not serious very often. However, with the exception of my blurb about the Heat, I am dead serious about everything else I said in this thread. Notice I have not said anything negative about Lebron's teammates in here, other than that they are young and inexperienced. :confusedshrug:

Then you are the biggest idiot on the planet. Congratulations.

unbreakable
09-08-2014, 01:02 AM
:oldlol:

This is one of the most STACKED TEAMS of all time!.. right up there with.. guess who?.. THE MIAMI HEAT

Everyones gonna act like its some miracle that Cleveland wins a championship but WHATEVER.. if this team doesnt win its a BUST plain and simple

THIS IS AN ALL STAR TEAM

RedBlackAttack
09-08-2014, 01:04 AM
I'm saying Kyrie and Love are stars but not superstars, is that wrong?

I think you're affiliation as a Cavs fan makes you sensitive to these topics and more likely to attack us "Bran stans"

There are people who go to extremes, in the opposite, such as Kevin Love being compared to Prime Shaq, but you dont say anything then :facepalm

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350633
Same thing goes for that OP. This season will not be the "LeBron stans vs. the Kobe/Durant/whoever stans." I'm actually going to be in every game thread for the Cavs and involved with most Cavs conversations this season.

In the past, because I couldn't have cared less about the Heat, I didn't pay much mind to your little player fan rivalries. I'm just giving fair warning to both sides. Debate is fine, even if it isn't the most intelligent form. Even trolling, if it is done in a funny/entertaining way has a place on an Internet forum.

But, this constant "LeBron's teammates suck," "Love is better than Shaq" nonsense? :confusedshrug:

It's not happening this year. I want to put it out in the open now so there's no confusion when steps are taken to eradicate it. There have always been these little rivalries between fans, but the last couple of years have gotten completely out-of-hand on here and I see it starting to ramp up again.

Fair warning.

JT123
09-08-2014, 01:07 AM
Then you are the biggest idiot on the planet. Congratulations.
Care to explain why? Or are you only capable of making unprovoked personal attacks? :rolleyes:

JT123
09-08-2014, 01:09 AM
Same thing goes for that OP. This season will not be the "LeBron stans vs. the Kobe/Durant/whoever stans." I'm actually going to be in every game thread for the Cavs and involved with most Cavs conversations this season.

In the past, because I couldn't have cared less about the Heat, I didn't pay much mind to your little player fan rivalries. I'm just giving fair warning to both sides. Debate is fine, even if it isn't the most intelligent form. Even trolling, if it is done in a funny/entertaining way has a place on an Internet forum.

But, this constant "LeBron's teammates suck," "Love is better than Shaq" nonsense? :confusedshrug:

It's not happening this year. I want to put it out in the open now so there's no confusion when steps are taken to eradicate it. There have always been these little rivalries between fans, but the last couple of years have gotten completely out-of-hand on here and I see it starting to ramp up again.

Fair warning.
Fair enough. :cheers:

Sarcastic
09-08-2014, 01:34 AM
Care to explain why? Or are you only capable of making unprovoked personal attacks? :rolleyes:

Because any sensible person can see that the team is extremely talented, which is why Vegas has made them the favorites to win it all.

All you're trying to do is, as RBA said, make sure Lebron receives the lion's share of the credit if they win, or get no blame if they don't. It's painfully obvious to anyone who is not an idiot.

jbryan1984
09-08-2014, 01:53 AM
Let me say this about the east teams at least......

The bulls are going nowhere if derrick rose does not perform like before. Yes they have a great twin tower combo. I love jimmy butler too. But you know they dont beat the cavs without rose at a 2010/2011 level.

Miami replacing lebron with two FORMER all stars. Granger is nothing more than a great small forward off your bench at this point. He would be one of the worst if he was a starter. My team had deng last year. He either is a shell of his former self or he didnt try with us which I would hope isn't true.

Indy is gonna be a waste land.

I think Washington is who we need to worry about myself. Wall can compete with kyrie. They have a great twin tower combo. Good bench. Pierce has played better than about any other small forward against Lebron.

Marv_Albert
09-08-2014, 01:59 AM
Shannon brown a mini lebron? Maaaaan you trippin.

ballinhun8
09-08-2014, 02:31 AM

Fair warning.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LKGDX4COiho/UcpU37dMUsI/AAAAAAAARvI/8OLCABUR4Ec/s1600/Daniel+Bryan+NXT+jobber+yes+yes+yes.gif

JT123
09-08-2014, 02:33 AM
Because any sensible person can see that the team is extremely talented, which is why Vegas has made them the favorites to win it all.

All you're trying to do is, as RBA said, make sure Lebron receives the lion's share of the credit if they win, or get no blame if they don't. It's painfully obvious to anyone who is not an idiot.
Vegas doesn't know anything. Having Cleveland, a team in which only 2 starters have any playoff experience, favored over teams like OKC and San Antionio is flat out idiotic. Not only do those teams have more talent than the Cavs, but they have been playing together for years. If you can't understand that then I don't know what to say. :facepalm
This thread isn't about assigning blame or credit, it's about being realistic. The realistic truth is that the Cavs should NOT be expected to compete for a title this year! That isn't me saying the Cavs aren't talented, it's me saying that there is way too much talent in the league to just bump Cleveland to the top of the contenders list.

poido123
09-08-2014, 02:40 AM

JT123 and dubeta.

:applause:

Dubeta and jt123 are the same guy, no doubt about that.

So is encre92, lebronxrings and dragic4life all operating off the same IP.

So essentially 5 accounts spewing garbage on here non stop.

KNOW1EDGE
09-08-2014, 02:43 AM
I stopped reading after you said that OKC has 2 of the top 3 players in the league.

Right there to lost all your credibility and my ability to take you seriously. Conrgatulations.

People hype Cleveland because they just got the best player in the world to sign with them. And he lured one of the best power forwards on the planet to play with him. And they have one of the best rosters in the NBA.

/end thread /ban OP

Sarcastic
09-08-2014, 02:43 AM
Vegas doesn't know anything. Having Cleveland, a team in which only 2 starters have any playoff experience, favored over teams like OKC and San Antionio is flat out idiotic. Not only do those teams have more talent than the Cavs, but they have been playing together for years. If you can't understand that then I don't know what to say. :facepalm
This thread isn't about assigning blame or credit, it's about being realistic. The realistic truth is that the Cavs should NOT be expected to compete for a title this year! That isn't me saying the Cavs aren't talented, it's me saying that there is way too much talent in the league to just bump Cleveland to the top of the contenders list.

Once again, showing your stupidity.

Legends66NBA7
09-08-2014, 02:49 AM

Meh. Vegas isn't really saying anything nobody on here already hasn't. At worst, people have said here and on other online site with their predictions, the Cavs are at worst a Top 5 team on paper.

Legends66NBA7
09-08-2014, 02:52 AM
Let me say this about the east teams at least......

The bulls are going nowhere if derrick rose does not perform like before. Yes they have a great twin tower combo. I love jimmy butler too. But you know they dont beat the cavs without rose at a 2010/2011 level.

Miami replacing lebron with two FORMER all stars. Granger is nothing more than a great small forward off your bench at this point. He would be one of the worst if he was a starter. My team had deng last year. He either is a shell of his former self or he didnt try with us which I would hope isn't true.

Indy is gonna be a waste land.

I think Washington is who we need to worry about myself. Wall can compete with kyrie. They have a great twin tower combo. Good bench. Pierce has played better than about any other small forward against Lebron.

I counted 4 east teams. What about the rest of the group ? Charlotte, Brooklyn, Atlanta, New York, Detroit, Boston, and Toronto ?

I'll leave out Orlando, Milwaukee, and Philadelphia since their in clear rebuild mode.

navy
09-08-2014, 02:55 AM

Fair warning.
Considering that 90% of ISH threads use to be about the Heat...

Thanks for nothing. :coleman:

navy
09-08-2014, 02:56 AM
I stopped reading after you said that OKC has 2 of the top 3 players in the league.

It isnt actually that bold a claim..

As for the thread, the Cavs are a new team. Who knows how they will be. It is wrong to make them the clear favorites, but that doesn't mean they don't have the most talented cast in the league. They do. But the past has shown us preseason expectations are not always reality.

BrownEye007
09-08-2014, 04:31 AM
10 of the first 15 posts in this thread are one dude talking to himself :oldlol:

dannywpt
09-08-2014, 06:00 AM

How does this work?

Lebron23
09-08-2014, 06:18 AM
Lebron is going to win his 3rd finals MVP this year. Cavs have a youth and athleticism on their side.

305Baller
09-08-2014, 06:51 AM
They are stacked. Anything less than eastern conference finals is a disappointment.

Bigsmoke
09-08-2014, 07:46 AM
The Cavs got Andy and Waiters too right?

DukeDelonte13
09-08-2014, 07:50 AM
The Cavs got Andy and Waiters too right?

yes.

TiagoSimoes
09-08-2014, 08:49 AM
How does this work?

Ibaka :oldlol:

T_L_P
09-08-2014, 08:58 AM
You say OKC has two of the top three, yet the Clippers have the best PG in the league.

:facepalm

HiphopRelated
09-08-2014, 09:05 AM
pathetic

mentallooser
09-08-2014, 09:26 AM
You say OKC has two of the top three, yet the Clippers have the best PG in the league.

Yea well....Maybe he sees Westbrook as a 2? lol

Paul George 24
09-08-2014, 10:19 AM
spurs will repeat this year :banana:

JT123
09-08-2014, 04:47 PM

I meant that Chris Paul is the best floor general in the game, but as an overall player Westbrook is light years ahead of Paul. Paul is too small to take over a game scoring wise, so he can only dominate by being a distributor/disruptive defensive presence. Westbrook on the other hand can take over a game by scoring, distributing, disrupting passing lanes, and even rebounding! :bowdown: By far the most underrated player in basketball.

beastee
09-08-2014, 04:53 PM
:applause:

Dubeta and jt123 are the same guy, no doubt about that.

So is encre92, lebronxrings and dragic4life all operating off the same IP.

So essentially 5 accounts spewing garbage on here non stop.

This makes me so sad. The last month has been amazing without the same 5 post topics ad nauseum and the replies to each other. Look at the post counts, look at times they post and most importantly, remember they were just banned recently. Mod's have to clean this up before the season starts. Good lord.

RedBlackAttack
09-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Considering that 90% of ISH threads use to be about the Heat...

Thanks for nothing. :coleman:
A. I obviously didn't care much about the Heat, so I wouldn't have had much involvement in their threads unless they were playing the Cavs or the trolling was obvious. That said, I deleted so many Heat/LeBron threads over the past four years the sheer number would probably blow your mind. Troll threads are usually pretty obvious.

The difference is that, being a Cavs fan, I'm actually going to be involved in a lot of the threads, unlike 99% of Heat related threads. I don't come on this site specifically to moderate. I do my normal reading/posting thing and, if I see something that warrants moderating, I will do what I can (which wasn't much prior to last week).

B. We now have serious measures that we can take to remedy these issues which we didn't have during the Heat/LeBron years. Basically all I could do before is delete a post/thread and recommend a ban if it was serious enough. Now, if someone is causing the board to be a complete troll fest, I can take care of the problem immediately. That's why I'm putting it out there now so there is no confusion. Things have changed... for the better, I think most posters will agree.

20Four
09-08-2014, 06:05 PM

Kind of sucks that you have no friends so you have to talk to yourself in this thread....life must suck for you because after your done here you go back flipping burgers....no wonder why you have no friends...its ok dont go killing yourself now ok?

This is how you judge your worth? By convincing yourself that people on the internet care about your fvcking opinion?? That's the best you can offer the world? None of these people give 2 shits what you say; they are laughing at you. That is quite literally the only value you have on these boards: something for us to laugh at. :roll: :roll:

Trollsmasher
09-08-2014, 06:08 PM

Fair warning.
finally a mod actually paying attention to threads:applause:

Dengness9
09-08-2014, 07:21 PM
stop talking to yourself OP

You make excuses constantly just like your favorite player.

The best player in the world should never make excuses. It's why he's beta and so are you.:rockon:

JT123
09-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Kind of sucks that you have no friends so you have to talk to yourself in this thread....life must suck for you because after your done here you go back flipping burgers....no wonder why you have no friends...its ok dont go killing yourself now ok?

This is how you judge your worth? By convincing yourself that people on the internet care about your fvcking opinion?? That's the best you can offer the world? None of these people give 2 shits what you say; they are laughing at you. That is quite literally the only value you have on these boards: something for us to laugh at. :roll: :roll:
So you are copying and pasting your own posts now? :roll:
Can't even come up with original troll material. :facepalm
btw, the internet tough guy persona does not work for you. Find a new gimmick. :sleeping

20Four
09-08-2014, 07:50 PM
So you are copying and pasting your own posts now? :roll:
Can't even come up with original troll material. :facepalm
btw, the internet tough guy persona does not work for you. Find a new gimmick. :sleeping
btw, talking to yourself doesn't work for you. Find a new gimmick :roll: :roll:

3ball
09-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Spurs aren't really aging. That team could have easily won the title last season without Tony, Manu, and Timmy. That is how stacked they are!

this is garbage... the spurs were not stacked..

8th seed dallas almost beat the spurs.... OKC without Ibaka for 2 games took them to double OT in game 6!

even portland did better than the heat.

the heat just sucked... they had by far the worst offense of any spurs opponent.

3ball
09-08-2014, 07:52 PM
and aren't the heat the only team with a top 3 player at three positions?

PsychoBe
09-08-2014, 08:12 PM

why did this post make me laugh so much :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

GrapeApe
09-08-2014, 08:24 PM
The entire premise of this thread is hysterical to me. It used to be that teams were OVERHYPED by fans because of their favorite player. Now it's the exact oppositte. It's ass backwards.

:oldlol:

Paul George 24
09-09-2014, 12:23 AM
SPURS WILL REPEAT,LEFLOP STANS WILL CRY AGAIN :lol

Purch
09-09-2014, 07:44 AM
On what planet is Doc Rivers the second best coach over Rick Carlisle?

Bandito
09-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Anything less than a trip to the Championship cruise is a bust for the Lebron Cavaliers, the most stacked team in the L.

IMObjective
09-09-2014, 09:47 AM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Jim-Carey-Calls-You-A-Pathetic-Loser-In-Dumb-and-Dumber-No-Offense.gif

StephHamann
09-09-2014, 09:54 AM

OKC two top 3 players: Westbrooke Durant

LA Clippers best point guard -> better than Westbrooke

Top 3 according to you: Westbrooke Durant CP3

Lebron is not a top 3 player according to you :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Bigsmoke
09-09-2014, 09:56 AM
On what planet is Doc Rivers the second best coach over Rick Carlisle?

Everybody where I'm from thinks Doc Rivers is a lot better actually:lol

LoneyROY7
09-09-2014, 10:34 AM

Westbrook is a top 3 player, yet CP is the best PG in basketball?

:wtf: