09-08-2014, 01:45 AM
ps4

brandonislegend
09-08-2014, 02:37 AM
ps4

KNOW1EDGE
09-08-2014, 02:40 AM
X Box One.

I own a ps4 and almost never play it. I play my ps3 and x box 360 over the PS4.

I'm gonna trade in the ps4 and buy the x box one.

brandonislegend
09-08-2014, 02:41 AM
xbox one is a media center.

ps4 is a gaming system.

depends what you want.

NumberSix
09-08-2014, 02:49 AM
Okama Gamesphere.

navy
09-08-2014, 02:49 AM
They both suck right now to be honest.

KNOW1EDGE
09-08-2014, 02:59 AM
xbox one is a media center.

ps4 is a gaming system.

depends what you want.

I agree to a certain extent.

X box just plays to its strengths which is additional media and an interactive, jack-of-all-trades console. X Box One was created as a gaming console first and foremost, not a media center.

While the ps4 is superior in regards to graphics and gameplay, it lacks the additional features that x box offers.

Some people are willing to sacrifice a small decrease in graphics/gameplay in order to obtain a large increase in the overall abilities of a console. X box can do a lot more than ps4. But ps4 does one thing much better than x box one. What's your preference?

brandonislegend
09-08-2014, 03:00 AM
Xbox one selling point was being a media device, so i would say it was created first as a media device. In Microsoft interviews "if you want to hardcore game you can continue to play the 360." I can find the video if you want.

KNOW1EDGE
09-08-2014, 03:18 AM
Xbox one selling point was being a media device, so i would say it was created first as a media device. In Microsoft interviews "if you want to hardcore game you can continue to play the 360." I can find the video if you want.

Was it a Microsoft employee that said that or someone doing a review? I believe you, but it just seems odd that a Microsoft employee would essentially demote the console they are trying to promote by saying it is inferior to their previous console.

X Box One is def focused on, and pushing the fact that their console is more of a media system. And i agree their gameplay and graphics is inferior to ps4, although I believe the margin is smaller than most, and I believe what x box lacks in that area is made up for with their awesome extras.

Ps4 is def a better console for graphics, gameplay and controls. I especially noticed this when playing COD, gameplay is much better on Playstation than x box.

Like u said tho, if your more of a serious gamer the ps4 is prob better for you. If you aren't as concerned with graphics and gameplay, but rather interaction and additional media then get the x box one. Dif strokes for dif folks.

TheMan
09-08-2014, 04:11 AM
PS4

Im so nba'd out
09-08-2014, 04:29 AM
i have both ps4 is truly better but xbox letting you record clips to show your friends is a nice feature

fiddy
09-08-2014, 04:58 AM
In b4 PC Master Race
true gamers know wassup
desktop>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>consoles

DukeDelonte13
09-08-2014, 07:53 AM
Wii U over both, but i'll eventually get the PS4.

I got one of the original fat PS3's, it's never crapped out on me. Games and graphics are more or less the same, for me it's the reliability factor.

Random_Guy
09-08-2014, 11:03 AM
off topic but dont get either atm, i usually wait for a while before getting the new consoles for them to fix the bugs and shit

as for op
probablly xbox one. as someone that spends his time battling online i can tell you xbox>>>>, but maybe sony upgraded so no idea

Myth
09-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Is PS4 giving out a bunch of free games like Xbox is? In the last week, Xbox One gave out Super Time Force for Free, WarFrame for free (Free to play game), and 4 days access to the entire Forza 5(?) game.

By owning both an Xbox 360 and a One, I'm getting at least 4 free games per month right now. It is awesome.

Thorpesaurous
09-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Is PS4 giving out a bunch of free games like Xbox is? In the last week, Xbox One gave out Super Time Force for Free, WarFrame for free (Free to play game), and 4 days access to the entire Forza 5(?) game.

By owning both an Xbox 360 and a One, I'm getting at least 4 free games per month right now. It is awesome.

Yeah, Playstation Network yeilds a few free games per month on the various platforms, assuming you pay the 50 bucks a year for the PS+ service. It's been worth it for sure.

ItsMillerTime
09-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Xbox One.

Xbox Live > Playstation Network

nightprowler10
09-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Seeing as how I got a free PS4....

PS4 > XB1

Shade8780
09-08-2014, 01:05 PM
PS2 was the dominating console for a while, then the Xbox 360, now the PS4.

Myth
09-08-2014, 01:26 PM
Seeing as how I got a free PS4....

PS4 > XB1

So you are saying that the PS4 is so crappy they are giving them away for free :D

KNOW1EDGE
09-08-2014, 01:30 PM
The ps4 is hardly an upgrade from the ps3 in my opinion.

I own both, and almost never play my ps4.

step_back
09-08-2014, 01:38 PM
The ps4 is hardly an upgrade from the ps3 in my opinion.

I own both, and almost never play my ps4.

You could say that about both consoles. Both PS4 and XBONE are .5 versions of the previous gen.

The step up from PS2 and Xbox to PS3 and 360 was huge in comparison.

KNOW1EDGE
09-08-2014, 01:39 PM
You could say that about both consoles. Both PS4 and XBONE are .5 versions of the previous gen.

But X Box one is a huge upgrade over 360, offering TONS of new features. From voice and facial recognition, to recording game play, to being able to watch TV and play games on a split screen, to being able to verbally co man x box one. There is just too many upgrades to liat

While ps4 is pretty much the same as ps3.

step_back
09-08-2014, 01:42 PM
But X Box one is a huge upgrade over 360, offering TONS of new features.

While ps4 is pretty much the same as ps3.

PS3 was ahead of it's time. SONY gave us not just a new console but a Blu Ray player as well. The only thing 360 did better was LIVE but that came at a price.

PS3 was/is truly a great console.

Myth
09-08-2014, 01:45 PM
PS3 was ahead of it's time. SONY gave us not just a new console but a Blu Ray player as well. The only thing 360 did better was LIVE but that came at a price.

That "only thing 360 did better" was huge and well worth the price.

KNOW1EDGE
09-08-2014, 01:45 PM

I def agree that ps3 is a far better console than x box 360.

Ps4 has superior graphics and gameplay but xbox1 has all the extras that appeal to someone like me who isn't necessarily purchasing the system with the sole intent of using it for hardcore gaming.

I'm not trying to downplay the ps4, it's a great console, it's just not too much different from the ps3. While xbox1 is incredibly different/better than the 360.

step_back
09-08-2014, 01:57 PM
I def agree that ps3 is a far better console than x box 360.

Ps4 has superior graphics and gameplay but xbox1 has all the extras that appeal to someone like me who isn't necessarily purchasing the system with the sole intent of using it for hardcore gaming.

I'm not trying to downplay the ps4, it's a great console, it's just not too much different from the ps3. While xbox1 is incredibly different/better than the 360.

I'm not overwhelmed with my PS4. Like you said it's not much of an upgrade over PS3 which I agree with. It does have a lot of great games in development but right now it's not got much going for it and it's shaping up for one of the most lacklustre 1st years of any console. Even the Dreamcast had more games in it's first year.

Myth. PSN wasn't as bad as people make out. I have a 360 and apart from LIVE being more user friendly and having a slightly wider range of indie games I didn't notice a huge difference.

Crystallas
09-08-2014, 02:03 PM
Doesn't matter. You can't go wrong either way. But fanboys will find a reason to hate. That's just how the world works.

Between my kids, I have the 4 majors. PC/PS4/XB1/Wii-U.
As of right now, I would miss the Wii-U and PC the most. I could actually go without the PS4 and XB1 as they sit right now with the current game selection.

Buy a console based on the games you are going to play, not just based on features. You'll find that to be the best rule of thumb.

tomtucker
09-08-2014, 02:03 PM
i think xbox 1 will only sell in north america.......in asia and europe ps4 will rule........we have to remember microsoft is a hated company , and the spying xbox 1 did not help in that regard

XB 1 is meant for the US marked with the media stuff........ps4 is for gaming imo

Myth
09-08-2014, 02:10 PM
i think xbox 1 will only sell in north america.......in asia and europe ps4 will rule........we have to remember microsoft is a hated company , and the spying xbox 1 did not help in that regard

XB 1 is meant for the US marked with the media stuff........ps4 is for gaming imo

My only question is, if PS4 is so game based, why are they lagging behind in actually getting their games out? If that is their focus, they should be well ahead of Xbox1 in that department.

BTW, I'm not trying to hate on PS4. I've barely played it. That is just a legit question I have.

Shade8780
09-08-2014, 02:14 PM

NBA 2K6 on PS2
http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/ps2/nba_2k6/screens/nba_2k6_2.jpg

NBA 2K6 on Xbox 360
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/666/666970/nba-2k6-20051115003213905-000.jpg

NBA 2K14 on Xbox 360
http://www.pastapadre.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/2k13hardenrockets.jpg

NBA 2K14 on PS4
http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/2kgames/2ksports/nba2k14/Oface610.jpg

Get that bs out of here :oldlol:

LJJ
09-08-2014, 02:15 PM
My only question is, if PS4 is so game based, why are they lagging behind in actually getting their games out? If that is their focus, they should be well ahead of Xbox1 in that department.

BTW, I'm not trying to hate on PS4. I've barely played it. That is just a legit question I have.

When people say PS4 is the better gaming console they don't mean it has the best games out right now. They mean the system is more powerful than the Xbone, meaning that game will run better and look better on the PS4. Which is already true and this difference will only increase in the future.

nightprowler10
09-08-2014, 02:17 PM
So you are saying that the PS4 is so crappy they are giving them away for free :D
No no, it was a present. But since I have it, it trumps everything else.

step_back
09-08-2014, 02:17 PM

The majority of games are made by outside companies. PS4 and SONY have no control over when someone chooses to release a game. Remember PS4 was announced in the first quarter of the year around Feb/March 2013. It was already out by October.

I honestly think the gaming companies were not thinking next gen. Rockstar certainly weren't with GTA V.

Myth
09-08-2014, 02:19 PM
When people say PS4 is the better gaming console they don't mean it has the best games out right now. They mean the system is more powerful than the Xbone, meaning that game will run better and look better on the PS4. Which is already true and this difference will only increase in the future.

I'm aware of that. But my question remains. People seem to view PS4 as video game focused and XB1 as multi-media. If PS4 really is video game focused, I would expect that they try to stay a step ahead in actual video game content.

Myth
09-08-2014, 02:20 PM

I understand and figured as much, I was just joking.

Myth
09-08-2014, 02:22 PM
The majority of games are made by outside companies. PS4 and SONY have no control over when someone chooses to release a game. Remember PS4 was announced in the first quarter of the year around Feb/March 2013. It was already out by October.

I honestly think the gaming companies were not thinking next gen. Rockstar certainly weren't with GTA V.

Sony should get on putting out games then. Microsoft themselves put a lot of work into games. Right now (I believe) Xbox has more games out. Will that continue, or is PS4 expected to surpass it at any given point in total games?

Thorpesaurous
09-08-2014, 04:41 PM
One of the big gaps was in the indie gaming scene, which I think PS4 does have a pretty big jump on. And for me anyway I've really liked it. They're quality games in nice size chunks that are good for my schedule and they usually appeal to the nostalgia in my gaming tastes these days.

But I've also seen recently that XBox seems to be making some headway with some exclusives on that front. I know they announced some good looking stuff at PAX.

KNOW1EDGE
09-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Playstation has always had multiple games that Xbox doesn't have. Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts etc etc

I was gonna buy the ps3, only reason I went for Xbox 360 was for Halo. Now when i realized COD is way better than Halo I bought the ps4.

Either way you can't go wrong. Ps4 has superior graphics and gameplay. Xbox1 has superior online play and interactive features like facial and voice recognition amongst other things.

KyrieTheFuture
09-08-2014, 04:56 PM
I got the One because my hands are too big to use a PS3/4 controller comfortably

Rake2204
09-08-2014, 05:20 PM
NBA 2K6 on PS2
http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/ps2/nba_2k6/screens/nba_2k6_2.jpg

NBA 2K6 on Xbox 360
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/666/666970/nba-2k6-20051115003213905-000.jpg

NBA 2K14 on Xbox 360
http://www.pastapadre.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/2k13hardenrockets.jpg

NBA 2K14 on PS4
http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/2kgames/2ksports/nba2k14/Oface610.jpg

Get that bs out of here :oldlol:I think I'd be in the camp of favoring the PS2-to-PS3 jump from PS3-to-PS4. The end result of the PS4 upgrade is clearly more impressive (looks incredible) but it felt like a superb polishing of a pretty solid era.

PS3's jump from PS2 felt like a new world at the time, though I am unsure if that can be felt via two random screenshots. PS2's 2K had more or less stagnated graphically for years, hovering with pretty static lighting effects and an overall cartoonish result. The PS3 2K trailer in motion seemed to offer something next level in that regard. And maybe because we saw such a shift at that point, it was not as surprising when the PS4 revealed.

2K6 (PS2/XBox): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_JEIGsnjPw

2K6 (PS3/360): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrJBH6ztb4E

Of course, I say this as someone who did not cross over to the 360 until 2K7, at which point 2K's incredibly improved game depth (signature shots, for one) made a next-gen purchase a near absolute necessity for hoop heads. I do not believe PS4 2K offered much more than their last-gen counterpart last year, but we shall see what's in store for 2K15.

dubeta
09-08-2014, 05:27 PM
If you like playing games get PS4

If you like talking to your TV get XBOX

/thread

KobesFinger
09-08-2014, 05:36 PM
I don't understand why anyone would want to have split screen TV and a game playing at the same time. How are you supposed to play your game if you're watching something and vice versa?

red1
09-08-2014, 05:38 PM
two years from now the ps4 will definitively be viewed as the better system. Im a sucker for halo so I will most likely grab an xb1 but if you are only grabbing one I would go with ps4

TheReal Kendall
09-08-2014, 05:47 PM
PS4.

I haven't played my X1 since Titanfall came out.

Gonna get that Halo collection though

Myth
09-08-2014, 06:03 PM
I don't understand why anyone would want to have split screen TV and a game playing at the same time. How are you supposed to play your game if you're watching something and vice versa?

I'm not big on the split screen, but I do love the ease of jumping back and forth between stuff on XB1. If I'm watching something on Netflix with my gf and she goes to the bathroom, I can in an instant jump into the middle of a game I had paused until she comes back instead of just sitting there twiddling my thumbs while I wait. PS4 may have this feature too, but all I know is I love that feature on XB1.

Also, Titanfall is the shit.

KNOW1EDGE
09-08-2014, 06:12 PM

Just depends on what game your playing and what your watching on tv.

I play madden and watch football at the same time every sunday.

Obviously I'm no gonna play COD and watch a movie.lol

I think it's a cool feature though. And i like how when I pick up the controller it recognizes my face and loads my settings. If my roommate picks up the controller it recognizes him and loads his sh1t. Lots of lil cool stuff like that.

TheMan
09-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Those who say online play for Xbox is better than PS Network, what do you base this on? I don't have the PS4 yet, waiting for more games to come out but I do have the PS3 and I'm an avid FP shooter player. Online gaming is free for PS3, you can ugrade by getting a gold membership and I'm going to do this but why pay if it's free? Wouldn't the supposed advantage Xbox have in online play be negated if I got the gold option? Xbox has never been free and paying 50 bucks for a year of online play for the PS4 is still really cheap.

RoseCity07
09-08-2014, 11:28 PM
Enjoying Xbox one

yungtyrekeevans
09-09-2014, 12:03 AM
damn, i aint even know dat ps4 be outsellin xbox one, 2 to 1. 10 mil to 5 mil.

ey bruh, dont buy nothin. wait for price drop. xbox aint gonna be high in price too long with dem sales. ps4 gonna have to drop too to be competitive bruh.

tomtucker
09-09-2014, 02:36 AM
:biggums: :kobe: :whatever:

tomtucker
09-09-2014, 02:41 AM
I'm aware of that. But my question remains. People seem to view PS4 as video game focused and XB1 as multi-media. If PS4 really is video game focused, I would expect that they try to stay a step ahead in actual video game content.

nah, they are too lazy........:oldlol: ..........btw, i only have a ps3.........gonna have to wait for a price drop on ps4.......or until whoring gets more profitable......i only make $50 a customer .......:cry:

Heavincent
09-09-2014, 02:42 AM
http://hd.wallpaperswide.com/thumbs/the_last_of_us_remastered-t2.jpg

I know it's a port of a PS3 game, but it still shits on anything the Xbox One has to offer right now. Gears of War 4 might convince me to get an Xbone though...

no pun intended
09-09-2014, 02:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtEaArSuFBM

real talk.

Myth
09-09-2014, 11:17 AM
http://hd.wallpaperswide.com/thumbs/the_last_of_us_remastered-t2.jpg

I know it's a port of a PS3 game, but it still shits on anything the Xbox One has to offer right now. Gears of War 4 might convince me to get an Xbone though...

Have you played Titanfall? I love games that focus more on multiplayer though, and that is the sole purpose of Titanfall.

Heavincent
09-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Have you played Titanfall? I love games that focus more on multiplayer though, and that is the sole purpose of Titanfall.

I don't really care for first person twitch shooters. And it's MP only, so I doubt it would keep my interest for very long. Just not my type of game.

Myth
09-09-2014, 03:11 PM
I don't really care for first person twitch shooters. And it's MP only, so I doubt it would keep my interest for very long. Just not my type of game.

That makes sense. I think I have frequently heard PS4 for 1 player games and Xb1 for multiplayer.

TheReal Kendall
09-09-2014, 06:23 PM

TLOU kills Titanfall bro.

I haven't played Titanfall since it came out. It was fun for a couple days but then it got real boring to me.

I seriously don't see why people love this game so much.

LJJ
09-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Sorry, but in no way does a re-release of an old game (at pretty much full price no less), beat the release of a new well received high budget IP.

I think TLOU is a very good game and I don't even like Titanfall, but no way, not even close, absolutely not.

If that's really your argument, then in your opinion HALO collection must absolutely destroy the entire PS4 library this year, since it's four XBONE games of legendary quality for the price of one.

Bigsmoke
09-09-2014, 08:03 PM
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w364/MATW88/IMG_20140805_184128_zps1dee8cef.jpg (http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/MATW88/media/IMG_20140805_184128_zps1dee8cef.jpg.html)

outbreak
09-09-2014, 08:13 PM
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w364/MATW88/IMG_20140805_184128_zps1dee8cef.jpg (http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/MATW88/media/IMG_20140805_184128_zps1dee8cef.jpg.html)
You'll need more than one bottle to forgot the piece of shit COD ghosts is....

I still don't see enough this year on the PS4 to warrant me buying it this christmas which I was considering. I'll still get one eventually though just still waiting for the games I want to play. A remake of an old game doesn't justify the purchase for me.

yungtyrekeevans
09-09-2014, 11:21 PM

I still don't see enough this year on the PS4 to warrant me buying it this christmas which I was considering. I'll still get one eventually though just still waiting for the games I want to play. A remake of an old game doesn't justify the purchase for me.

whyy is the xbox worth it?

i aint got either, but man, the xbox gettin its ass whooped on the sales bruh. make me think dat sony gonna take over and xbox aint gonna be dat good later on bruh. plus i heard sony got better graphics. dat true?

Noire92
09-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Get what all your friends are playing on for the community.

PS4 for me.

BLAM I AM
09-10-2014, 10:42 PM
xb1 for me...i love all the features that it has, and all of my friends have it. On sunday i was watching the nfl games with my fantasy league picks snapped to the side and during haltime i instantly switched over to titanfall. Also i prefer xb1 lineup sunset overdrive,halo master chief collection,fable legends,forza horizon 2, halo 5 guardians,quantum break,rise of the tomb raider,phantom dust and all the multi plats like cod,nba2k and destiny. Ill be busy well into next year.

Im gonna pick up a ps4 when they get more games that im interested in...they have a pretty thin lineup imo, only ps4 game that looks interesting to me is Bloodbourne and no mans sky which is coming to the xb1 later.

Im so nba'd out
09-10-2014, 10:51 PM
i have both systems and everyone in this thread who has both systems admit the ps4 is better.I dont see why everyone is arguing if you dont have both you shouldnt have a opinion.

Smook A.
09-10-2014, 10:59 PM
Click this to find out... (http://i.imgur.com/JQ3RDVe.gif)

KNOW1EDGE
09-10-2014, 11:01 PM
i have both systems and everyone in this thread who has both systems admit the ps4 is better.I dont see why everyone is arguing if you dont have both you shouldnt have a opinion.

I have both systems and I prefer the x box one by far.

So I don't think know what your talmbout.

And you don't have to own a system in order to play it or have an opinion on it. Lol

Edit: they are both great systems, I don't know why fanboys on either side feel the need to bash the other console.

AirTupac
09-10-2014, 11:02 PM
PS4 but that Destiny game looks ill. I tried it for like 15 minutes and it was cool. :pimp:

Bigsmoke
09-11-2014, 04:39 AM

Ghost wasn't that bad. You get to have dogs!