PDA

View Full Version : this is the majority opinion top 10 all time ranking

kennethgriffin
09-08-2014, 03:09 PM
( among people who visit sports websites online - not total oblivious )

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/11090247/all-nba-players

http://i59.tinypic.com/jajog5.png

as you can see. even with 800 more fan boys ranking lebron as the #1 player of all time.

KOBE STILL comes out ahead

and f*ck off TLP with your tim duncan sh*t

all shaq, duncan, lebron fans can suck it. i'm out

SouBeachTalents
09-08-2014, 03:11 PM
I seriously wouldn't put ANY stock into an ESPN poll, where casual fans and 12 year old's can cast their vote

russwest0
09-08-2014, 03:11 PM
:lol Russell at 6

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-08-2014, 03:12 PM
One thing "the nation" got right, is Duncan's rating. I'm sick of seeing idiots placing him into their top 5 because the Spurs TEAM won a ring this year (emphasis on team).

kennethgriffin
09-08-2014, 03:13 PM
I seriously wouldn't put ANY stock into an ESPN poll, where casual fans and 12 year old's can cast their vote

well thats what makes up half of ISH

only difference is they all have alts. and on espn theres an IP tracker that doesnt let you vote twice

so if anything its more legit

SamuraiSWISH
09-08-2014, 03:15 PM
For now? This is a pretty accurate list in my book. Including Russell's placement. Jordan with the overwhelming amount of votes. Kobe just slightly ahead of LeBron for now. I don't agree with Magic being higher than Bird, but I wouldn't be upset with that placement either.

Encre92
09-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Kobe isn't even better than Tony Parker. Top 60 player of all time.

kennethgriffin
09-08-2014, 03:17 PM
One thing "the nation" got right, is Duncan's rating. I'm sick of seeing idiots placing him into their top 5 because the Spurs TEAM won a ring this year (emphasis on team).

those same guys who put duncan 5th on ISH also had magic johnson 7th or 8th

i'l trust an espn poll over ISH any day... all day...

fpliii
09-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Makes me legitimately angry. Fortunately there aren't many casuals on boards like this.

Marchesk
09-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Where's Hondo?

fpliii
09-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Where's Hondo?
Even worse, KG isn't even in their top mother****ing 21. :facepalm

fpliii
09-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Where's Hondo?
Did you see this ****ing shit?

[QUOTE]Joel Christopher Driver

Marchesk
09-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Apparently, Kevin Durant at 25 has done more in his career than Garnet or Havliceck, or come to think of it, Pettit and Mikan.

Marchesk
09-08-2014, 03:31 PM

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Glad I spend as little time on ESPN as possible.

Go set them straight :confusedshrug:

SouBeachTalents
09-08-2014, 03:32 PM

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Glad I spend as little time on ESPN as possible.

"Just based on what I've watched in basketball over the last 40 years, Jordan and Lebron are the best 2 players I've seen but Jordan was considerably better than Lebron and it's not even close. For those of you Bill Russell enthusiasts you need to understand that he averaged ONLY 15 points per game and shot a terrible 44% from the field. He won all those championships because there were only 8 teams in the league at that time making it much easier to dominate and the Celtics had most of the talent."

fpliii
09-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Go set them straight :confusedshrug:
Nah, not worth the time. griff spent plenty of time on ESPN back in the day as well, so I'm sure he can vouch for how incompetent fans there are.

I don't have a GOAT list in general, and I'm not going to rank guys I didn't get to see live, but to see statements like that, when there is direct evidence to the contrary is just...frustrating.

kennethgriffin
09-08-2014, 03:33 PM
i dont really care about the list as a whole

just the fact that EVEN ON LEBRON.COM ......... KOBE WINS

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

fpliii
09-08-2014, 03:34 PM
"Just based on what I've watched in basketball over the last 40 years, Jordan and Lebron are the best 2 players I've seen but Jordan was considerably better than Lebron and it's not even close. For those of you Bill Russell enthusiasts you need to understand that he averaged ONLY 15 points per game and shot a terrible 44% from the field. He won all those championships because there were only 8 teams in the league at that time making it much easier to dominate and the Celtics had most of the talent."
:lol :lol :lol

Pure gold right there. I wonder why his teams were mediocre to poor offensively, and why their DRtgs changed only as Russell came and went.

Can't blame the guy you quoted, likely just ignorance as opposed to idiocy/spite.

Marchesk
09-08-2014, 03:34 PM
I forgot about Baylor. No way he's not in the top 20. Why is Stockton there?

fpliii
09-08-2014, 03:36 PM
I don't want to get any more frustrated than I already am after a cursory glance. Still though, I don't know how that list can be met with any reaction other than shaking one's head.

dubeta
09-08-2014, 03:37 PM
You realize like half of all nba viewers are Laker fans right?

That greatly skews this poll

SamuraiSWISH
09-08-2014, 03:38 PM
You realize like half of all nba viewers are Laker fans right?

Bandwagoners. And I agree, best post you've ever made here on ISH

Hey Yo
09-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Nah, not worth the time. griff spent plenty of time on ESPN back in the day as well, so I'm sure he can vouch for how incompetent fans there are.

I don't have a GOAT list in general, and I'm not going to rank guys I didn't get to see live, but to see statements like that, when there is direct evidence to the contrary is just...frustrating.
I hear ya. I'm the same way.

Too bad more fans didn't use this approach.

TheMan
09-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Durant being top 20 all time at this point of his career is laughable. Talk about being prisoners of the moment.

Marchesk
09-08-2014, 03:50 PM
Durant being top 20 all time at this point of his career is laughable. Talk about being prisoners of the moment.

I expect Wiggins to be up there in this poll in about three years, except that he's on the Wolves, so his stats might end up looking empty. Although he's more exciting than Love, so maybe not.

Hey Yo
09-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Is a PG who only played at one end of the court and had no jump shot or range really worthy of no.2 all-time?

SOD 21
09-08-2014, 04:15 PM
Overall, the top 10 players isn't bad and probably has everyone in there that should be, although you could argue about the order on a couple of them.

I have a much bigger problem with the second 10 because there are some obvious omissions like George Mikan, Elgin Baylor and John Havlicek and then some players that shouldn't be there like Kevin Durant, John Stockton and Isaiah Thomas.

Kevin Durant will be there one day, but he's not close to that level yet. Regarding John Stockton Isaiah Thomas, they probably make my top 25 or 30.

Round Mound
09-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Wilt should be 2nd. Kareem outlasts him on longevity but peak wise its no contest, same with Malone over Barkley. Anyone who saw both play in their primes knows Chuck was Better. Russel and Kobe should be lower. Statistically they where less dominant than others there. The rest is ok.

Cold soul
09-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Overall, the top 10 players isn't bad and probably has everyone in there that should be, although you could argue about the order on a couple of them.

I have a much bigger problem with the second 10 because there are some obvious omissions like George Mikan, Elgin Baylor and John Havlicek and then some players that shouldn't be there like Kevin Durant, John Stockton and Isaiah Thomas.

Kevin Durant will be there one day, but he's not close to that level yet. Regarding John Stockton Isaiah Thomas, they probably make my top 25 or 30.

Durant will be one of the greats without a doubt but top 10? I just don't see it more like top 15-20.

ArbitraryWater
09-13-2014, 08:31 PM
Makes me legitimately angry. Fortunately there aren't many casuals on boards like this.

eh

RRR3
09-13-2014, 09:23 PM
Qft

Lebronxrings
09-13-2014, 09:26 PM
durant at 20. :banghead:

NZStreetBaller
09-13-2014, 09:32 PM
durant above nowitzki ?? dirk beat the miami big three and won a FMVP durant never failed the following year .

Hey Yo
09-13-2014, 09:45 PM
durant at 20. :banghead:
Magic at 2

:lol :roll: :lol

JtotheIzzo
09-13-2014, 09:56 PM

as you can see. even with 800 more fan boys ranking lebron as the #1 player of all time.

While I think there are a clear 11 players who are the top 11, and 6 who are top six, how you rank 1-6 and 7-11 is clearly subjective.

HOWEVER

This graphic clearly demonstrates the level of fanboydom that Kobe and Bran possess.

Budadiiii
09-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Durant at 20? :roll:

He has a case for being at 12. No way those guys are better than him but I understand he's only 25 and people want to see more before they put him rightfully in the top 5, and when it's all said and done, he could very well be GOAT

JohnFreeman
09-13-2014, 10:08 PM
Durant better then Dirk? :roll:

NBASTATMAN
09-13-2014, 10:11 PM
:facepalm

Budadiiii
09-13-2014, 10:12 PM
Durant better then Dirk? :roll:
than

And yeah, easily.

Dirk was never the best in the world

JohnFreeman
09-13-2014, 10:13 PM
than

And yeah, easily.

Dirk was never the best in the world
MVP in 07?

Budadiiii
09-13-2014, 10:16 PM
MVP in 07?
Yeah, but Kobe was the best at the time. Just didn't have the team success to win the MVP, playing with an atrocious roster

Duncan and a few others were better too, including Wade

JohnFreeman
09-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Yeah, but Kobe was the best at the time. Just didn't have the team success to win the MVP, playing with an atrocious roster

Duncan and a few others were better too, including Wade
Plus Dirk has the ring and FMVP

Budadiiii
09-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Plus Dirk has the ring and FMVP
So does Kawhi Leonard and Chauncey Billups

JohnFreeman
09-13-2014, 10:25 PM
Dirk is different. We will have to agree to disagree :pimp:

poido123
09-13-2014, 10:32 PM

Let's hope this was longer than a 2-4 day ban with a post like this :lol

poido123
09-13-2014, 10:36 PM
The list is a little off. Especially the Russell spot, he's higher than that.

Lebron should not be higher than Duncan right now.

In fact, why is Lebron so high? I have him at 10...

Rizko
09-13-2014, 10:39 PM
I dnt understand the point of a top 10 list.

I like to do a tier system. I made my 1st tier fairly inclusive and its based off being the best of the best. Just the guys who reached a level in the league during there career where they were just a notch above all the other guys below them. The royalty of the NBA if you will

In rough chronological order:
Baylor
Russell
Wilt
Oscar
West
Kareem
Dr. J
M. Malone
Bird
Magic
Hakeem
Jordan
Shaq
Duncan
Kobe
LeBron

These 16 guys were just the top guys in NBA history when you count for skill, impact, legacy, accolades, stats etc...

Guys like Pettit, Hondo, Reed, Frazier, Cowens, Unseld, Barry, Isiah, Barkley, K. Malone, KG, Dirk, Nash and a couple of others are very borderline and could have made it with some luck. They had enough skills to make it

Walton and Stokes could have made it without injury

I can't put Mikan on the list. He played in a nonracially integrated league prior to the shotclock era

Kevin Durant is on the verge of making the list. Hes the one with the most potential. Davis could be knocking on those doors soon too.

Hey Yo
09-13-2014, 10:42 PM
Magic at #2??????

He couldn't play defense and had no jump shot. Nothing but a post up player with his back to the basket for 12 seconds

Bandito
09-13-2014, 10:42 PM

kenneth with that Rat Poison...

Follow the crumbs lebron stans:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

.. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . .. . .... ........ .. . . .

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs30/200H/i/2008/144/d/9/Dead_Rat_by_CedricART.jpg

poido123
09-13-2014, 10:55 PM
kenneth with that Rat Poison...

Follow the crumbs lebron stans:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

.. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . .. . .... ........ .. . . .

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs30/200H/i/2008/144/d/9/Dead_Rat_by_CedricART.jpg

:oldlol:

TheMilkyBarKid
09-13-2014, 10:55 PM

I like to do a tier system. I made my 1st tier fairly inclusive and its based off being the best of the best. Just the guys who reached a level in the league during there career where they were just a notch above all the other guys below them. The royalty of the NBA if you will

Baylor
Russell
Wilt
Oscar
West
Kareem
Dr. J
M. Malone
Bird
Magic
Hakeem
Jordan
Shaq
Duncan
Kobe
LeBron

These 16 guys were just the top guys in NBA history when you count for skill, impact, legacy, accolades, stats etc...

Guys like Pettit, Hondo, Reed, Frazier, Cowens, Unseld, Barry, Isiah, Barkley, K. Malone, KG, Dirk, Nash and a couple of others are very borderline and could have made it with some luck. They had enough skills to make it

I can't put Mikan on the list. He played in a nonracially integrated league prior to the shotclock era

Kevin Durant is on the verge of making the list. Hes the one with the most potential. Davis could be knocking on those doors soon too.
This is a good way of viewing it.

INDI
09-14-2014, 04:31 PM

You know that's a horrible argument but people continue to make it. It's the same argument that people use with Horry saying that he has 7 rings.

The qualifying factor to include guys like kawhi, Horry etc... is MVP's. How many do they have??? Anyone can have an amazing series and win a fmvp, or be lucky to be a role player on a dominant team to win a few rings, but a regular season MVP will never be a fluke

pauk
09-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Whoa, Lebron got 2nd most #1 votes.

Spurs5Rings2014
09-14-2014, 05:34 PM

Baylor
Russell
Wilt
Oscar
West
Kareem
Dr. J
M. Malone
Bird
Magic
Hakeem
Jordan
Shaq
Duncan
Kobe
LeBron

:applause:

B-hoop
09-14-2014, 05:56 PM
Whoa, Lebron got 2nd most #1 votes.

Yes and still was ranked 8th which proves he has 1,900 stans who know nothing of basketball and think he is the GOAT, while the rest of the educated fans think he is closer to 10-12 all time.

Bandito
09-14-2014, 08:23 PM
Kenneth with Dat Ether on this thread...still owning people since the beginning of time.

avonbarksdale
09-14-2014, 08:33 PM
kenneth im trying to convince my friend why kobe > lebron can u give me that big list you post when people argue about this

im not joking 100% serious