PDA

View Full Version : when D Rose shakes off the rust, he will be the best player in the league.

nathanjizzle
09-09-2014, 12:27 AM
title.

Fudge
09-09-2014, 12:29 AM
Nope, not as long as Kevin Durant is alive.

Cocaine80s
09-09-2014, 12:29 AM
D league maybe

nathanjizzle
09-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Nope, not as long as Kevin Durant is alive.

rose beat kevin and lebron for an mvp when he was younger than both of them. :pimp:

nathanjizzle
09-09-2014, 12:32 AM
D league maybe

yes, it will be called D league when "D" rose takes over.

Cocaine80s
09-09-2014, 12:33 AM
yes, it will be called D league when "D" rose takes over.
Nice one bro :cheers:

fpliii
09-09-2014, 12:36 AM
Thing is, KD and Bron both are playing at an all-time great level. Meaning that Rose would need to look like the GOAT out there to be considered the best player in the league.

Smoke117
09-09-2014, 12:38 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-psSaCpk6VKY/UGM3edtIV8I/AAAAAAAADPE/BkC8uaKjoAg/s1600/michael-jordan-laughing.gif

nathanjizzle
09-09-2014, 12:42 AM
Nice one bro :cheers:

thanks bro :cheers:

dubeta
09-09-2014, 12:45 AM
Just the process of ''shaking off rust" may be too much for his frail body to handle

Dengness9
09-09-2014, 12:45 AM
When he was a 22 year old MVP I thought he was on his way to being the best.

Now I just hope he stays healthy and we'll go from there.

Before the injuries it was him at the top of the PG chain. Now he's gonna have to really earn it to get back to even that.

Rise Derrick, Rise.

Smoke117
09-09-2014, 12:46 AM
I thought this dumb ass was a Knicks fan?

JohnFreeman
09-09-2014, 12:49 AM
I am not trolling, but I honestly think he is done.

KG215
09-09-2014, 12:49 AM
rose beat kevin and lebron for an mvp when he was younger than both of them. :pimp:
And that version of Rose isn't even remotely close to the current versions of Durant and LeBron, so what the hell makes you think even a rust free Rose, fresh off two major surgeries, is going to be that good or better?

Dengness9
09-09-2014, 12:51 AM
I am not trolling, but I honestly think he is done.

I got no beef with that.

I just hope as an NBA fan, you give him a chance when it's not based off FIBA.

Let's see if he can stay healthy and what he does with the Bulls first.

LilEddyCurry
09-09-2014, 12:52 AM
Even in his MVP season he was not even in the top 5 best players in the league :facepalm

Milbuck
09-09-2014, 12:53 AM
Durant this past season put up 37/6/6/2/1 on 69% TS over a month, and 33/8/6/2/1 on 65% TS over 4 months en route to the MVP...

...and most people still have him at #2.

Rose would have to score like prime AI with Lebron-level efficiency and pass like prime Nash to be the clear best in the world..

JohnFreeman
09-09-2014, 12:53 AM
I got no beef with that.

I just hope as an NBA fan, you give him a chance when it's not based off FIBA.

Let's see if he can stay healthy and what he does with the Bulls first.
Rose was one of my favourite players to watch

Dengness9
09-09-2014, 12:57 AM
And that version of Rose isn't even remotely close to the current versions of Durant and LeBron, so what the hell makes you think even a rust free Rose, fresh off two major surgeries, is going to be that good or better?

Slow down. Rose's team went down 4-1 to the Heat in 2011, just like KD's team in the finals a year later. Rose had the lesser talented teams in comparison to both the Thunder and Heat. Westbrook/Harden and Wade/Bosh as sidekicks? Yeah.

He was only 22. The injuries and time he's been away have really warped peoples memory on how good Rose was. His ceiling was unknown and will remain that way possibly forever.

KG215
09-09-2014, 01:05 AM
Slow down. Rose's team went down 4-1 to the Heat in 2011, just like KD's team in the finals a year later. Rose had the lesser talented teams in comparison to both the Thunder and Heat. Westbrook/Harden and Wade/Bosh as sidekicks? Yeah.

He was only 22. The injuries and time he's been away have really warped peoples memory on how good Rose was. His ceiling was unknown and will remain that way possibly forever.
Not sure you understood my post. 2011 Rose wasn't as good as the current versions of Durant and LeBron; and, quite frankly, he wasn't even all that close in my opinion. I mean he'd clearly be in the discussion for 3rd best player in the league, but like everyone else he also wouldn't be on the LeBron/Durant tier. That's not really a slight to Rose as much as it is a testament to how great LeBron and Durant are right now.

Smoke117
09-09-2014, 01:14 AM

That version of Rose was NOWHERE CLOSE to Lebron or EVEN Durant AT THAT TIME. He had no business winning MVP on a team that won 62 games from their defense when out of the top 10 players in minutes he was the 2nd worst defender...after Kyle Korver. (which is obviously not saying much)

dubeta
09-09-2014, 01:19 AM
Didnt steph curry put up better numbers than prime Rose?

Dengness9
09-09-2014, 01:37 AM
Not sure you understood my post. 2011 Rose wasn't as good as the current versions of Durant and LeBron; and, quite frankly, he wasn't even all that close in my opinion. I mean he'd clearly be in the discussion for 3rd best player in the league, but like everyone else he also wouldn't be on the LeBron/Durant tier. That's not really a slight to Rose as much as it is a testament to how great LeBron and Durant are right now.

I did misunderstand. word.

I still think he could be on that tier but obviously it's all in the past now.

Dengness9
09-09-2014, 01:39 AM
That version of Rose was NOWHERE CLOSE to Lebron or EVEN Durant AT THAT TIME. He had no business winning MVP on a team that won 62 games from their defense when out of the top 10 players in minutes he was the 2nd worst defender...after Kyle Korver. (which is obviously not saying much)

He shit on all the other elite PG's in the league that year head to head. Go look it up.

I can tell you're a hater because you gave him ZERO props.

He clearly had all the business in the world winning that MVP. Best player on team with best record. Give it a rest.

Dengness9
09-09-2014, 01:40 AM
Didnt steph curry put up better numbers than prime Rose?

I didn't know stats told the whole story. Go switch to another alt now.

25/7.7/4 on a 62 win team. :bowdown: :applause:

Prometheus
09-09-2014, 01:41 AM
derp rose will be better than LeBron and KD derp derp

http://thedirtyturban.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/aanbagif6.gif

Dengness9
09-09-2014, 01:42 AM
I don't sit on this board and proclaim his greatness or spit out exaggerated shit.

The fact that he is talked about so much on this site shows how much of a beast he was. If he wasn't a such a superstar, people wouldn't be talking about him but he has expectations of GREATNESS still to this day because of what he showed in his first 3 years.

Until this upcoming season starts, who the hell knows what will happen.

In the meantime Ill defend my guy because the NBA was much better with him playing at elite levels.

dubeta
09-09-2014, 01:43 AM
If Prime Rose shot 6% against LeBron what chance does rusty, no bball for 2 years Rose have?

Dengness9
09-09-2014, 01:52 AM
If Prime Rose shot 6% against LeBron what chance does rusty, no bball for 2 years Rose have?

The 6% thing actually is just another post that screams just how little you understand about basketball in general. Like all your other posts.

A 22 year old as the single All-Star on his team taking on a historically stacked team with 2 Super Stars and another ALL Star all in their primes was suppose to win? right……

And Rose never shot 6% in any stretch against Lebron James. Against the Miami Heat maybe, because it's a team game. But you wouldn't know because you don't follow a team, only front run a player.

Derrick Rose was getting doubled and tripled every game. You might not of even watched though.

dubeta
09-09-2014, 01:56 AM
[QUOTE=Dengness9]The 6% thing actually is just another post that screams just how little you understand about basketball in general. Like all your other posts.

A 22 year old as the single All-Star on his team taking on a historically stacked team with 2 Super Stars and another ALL Star all in their primes was suppose to win? right

BasedTom
09-09-2014, 02:00 AM
"When he's healthy again"
"When he gets his muscle memory back"
"When he shakes off the rust"
"When the Cubs win The World Series"

Best player in the league? Hilarious.

Dengness9
09-09-2014, 02:04 AM
6% when primararly defended by LeBron research your facts boi

What are you talking about? He was primarily guarded by the entire Heat team on the court.

Talk about Mythology. 6% is as myth as it gets.

Remember Keith Bogans? That was Rose's starting 2 guard. Who was Bron's again? The 2011 Finals MVP Dwade….oh wait Bron ruined that for him.

dubeta
09-09-2014, 02:08 AM
[QUOTE=Dengness9]What are you talking about? He was primarily guarded by the entire Heat team on the court.

Talk about Mythology. 6% is as myth as it gets.

Remember Keith Bogans? That was Rose's starting 2 guard. Who was Bron's again? The 2011 Finals MVP Dwade

Paul George 24
09-09-2014, 02:14 AM
So jj barea, and jason terry didnt lock up lebron?

Boris Diaw wasnt the primary defender on LeBron?

LEOANRD STOPPED LEBRON,U MAD :lol

BasedTom
09-09-2014, 02:22 AM
So jj barea, and jason terry didnt lock up lebron?

Boris Diaw wasnt the primary defender on LeBron?
the AC at the at&t centre locked up lebron

Brokenbeat
09-09-2014, 03:55 AM
Just the process of ''shaking off rust" may be too much for his frail body to handle

That... was actually pretty funny. :applause: :oldlol:

funnystuff
09-09-2014, 03:59 AM
Rose is a beta

poido123
09-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Long off season.

This rose shit is getting annoying....again.

I'd be happy if rose got to 80% of 2011 and distributed the ball well all year. I don't want him to be the kamikaze hero, barrelling into defenders all the time. Just smart, efficient plays is all I ask from him.

I don't even care if he reaches allstar level. I just want him to find a way to help this team win, that's it.

Encre92
09-09-2014, 08:13 AM
If he shakes off the rust, which I doubt.

retaxis
09-09-2014, 08:15 AM
Its over for rose just face it and stop being in denial and hope. The league is full of elite point guards. Just about every team has an elite point guard and Rose wouldn't even be able to make the bench on most teams anymore. Sure he can run fast for a few seconds a few times a game but that doesn't mean he can put the ball in the hole or do it consistently.

swagga
09-09-2014, 08:20 AM
when a small meteorite of pure gold falls on my lawn I'll buy an nba team.

poido123
09-09-2014, 08:21 AM
Its over for rose just face it and stop being in denial and hope. The league is full of elite point guards. Just about every team has an elite point guard and Rose wouldn't even be able to make the bench on most teams anymore. Sure he can run fast for a few seconds a few times a game but that doesn't mean he can put the ball in the hole or do it consistently.

Do you ever stop?

I'm guessing you're the same guy as dubeta/lebronxrings/encre92 etc etc

You must have something better to do surely.

JohnFreeman
09-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Shame. "Prime" Rose was a pleasure too watch.

ralph_i_el
09-09-2014, 08:27 AM
He's rusted straight through.

poido123
09-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Shame. "Prime" Rose was a pleasure too watch.

You've already eluded to past rose earlier in the thread and now your suggesting he is done.

You don't fool me, you're glad he's not doing well.

JohnFreeman
09-09-2014, 09:01 AM
You've already eluded to past rose earlier in the thread and now your suggesting he is done.

You don't fool me, you're glad he's not doing well.
Whatever you think brah

Bigsmoke
09-09-2014, 09:45 AM
The OP also gotta look at up and coming players like Anthony Davis.

Even when Rose was healthy, he can be inefficient. The Bulls went to the semi finals without him so let's not overshadowed the fact that the Bulls weren't stacked being led by a defensive genius.

nathanjizzle
09-09-2014, 10:34 AM
The OP also gotta look at up and coming players like Anthony Davis.

Even when Rose was healthy, he can be inefficient. The Bulls went to the semi finals without him so let's not overshadowed the fact that the Bulls weren't stacked being led by a defensive genius.

thanks for your thoughts