PDA

View Full Version : PG: I don't condone hittin women or think it's coo BUT if SHE ain't trippin...

oarabbus
09-11-2014, 08:47 PM
[quote]Paul George @Yg_Trece

Orlando Magic
09-11-2014, 08:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo0d1zTAFKA

Orlando Magic
09-11-2014, 08:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFAd4YdQks

navy
09-11-2014, 08:52 PM
What an idiot.

Pushxx
09-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Sensitivity is more important than reality.

longtime lurker
09-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Paul George is an idiot

buddha
09-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Paul George is an idiot

still smarter than most americans. :roll: :roll:

GODbe
09-11-2014, 09:09 PM
Why do people always get so upset about little statements like this:confusedshrug: ? He's right.

JohnFreeman
09-11-2014, 09:36 PM
He disappeared from Twitter like it's the playoffs

senelcoolidge
09-11-2014, 11:23 PM
Paul George another example a dumb jock.

MavsSuperFan
09-11-2014, 11:27 PM
even if you agreed with PG, didn't he see all the guys getting crucified for expressing that sentiment right now?

Also :lol at his agents response.

TonyMontana
09-11-2014, 11:40 PM
I agree with Paul George. People just want to pat themselves on the back by acting self-righteous. Yet they are more butthurt than the girl who actually got hit. :oldlol: Noone is saying you should hit woman, but in this case the woman was still willing to marry him, continue sleeping with him, and eventually have children with him. She doesn't care so why should you?

J Shuttlesworth
09-12-2014, 12:03 AM
I agree with Paul George. People just want to pat themselves on the back by acting self-righteous. Yet they are more butthurt than the girl who actually got hit. :oldlol: Noone is saying you should hit woman, but in this case the woman was still willing to marry him, continue sleeping with him, and eventually have children with him. She doesn't care so why should you?
Glad you're back man. Stick around :cheers:

But yeah, Paul George isn't necessarily wrong, but you have to be dumb to say that in today's PC society as a celebrity. Don't these athletes have a PR person to check each tweet before they post?

Spaulding
09-12-2014, 12:12 AM
Free speech is not welcome anymore sadly.

Stringer Bell
09-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Athletes always make idiots of themselves on Twitter.

Owners should have a "no tweet" clause in the contract, or have it where the PR team gets to monitor it first.

ArbitraryWater
09-12-2014, 12:21 PM
We already had this thread ffs :facepalm

Mods

Optimus Prime
09-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Paul George is an idiot

This. Why are people surprised when he says or does something stupid? I thought his true character was clearly revealed last year with that whole stripper payoff scandal.

toneloc103
09-12-2014, 12:28 PM

Hysterical

niko
09-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Anyone who says this in this situation should be slapped. Like 100 times. Because that would not be against free speech because FREE SPEECH MEANS THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T ARREST YOU FOR TALKING.

Dipshits...

tpols
09-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Word.

Lets see how many guys want to white knight and toss blame to make themselves feel superior though.

IGOTGAME
09-12-2014, 01:55 PM
this is not a subject that you can address in a nuanced fashion. Too much risk, you just have to say Ray Rice is wrong and that he should never work again.

Can't talk about due process or moral standards based upon, "pics or it didn't happen"

ralph_i_el
09-12-2014, 02:10 PM
He didn't get charged with anything. She's fine with it. If anything, all these internet white knights and whiners are the ones who REALLY victimized her by damaging her family's ability to earn money.

If Ray Rice is banned it's going to cost this woman MILLIONS.

Way to help the victims of abuse :applause:

It's funny, you can hurt a person way worse mentally and emotionally than you can with a punch, but nobody gets arrested for cheating and getting pregnant and tricking a guy into raising a kid that isn't his :confusedshrug:

Im so nba'd out
09-12-2014, 02:25 PM
i can see his point http://s27.postimg.org/682vhri3j/x0rxab.png

MavsSuperFan
09-12-2014, 02:47 PM
free speech is welcome. PG is not being arrested.

Free speech has never meant consequence free speech. As long as there are no legal consequences for speaking your mind, free speech exists. people have a right to speak their mind about what you say.

oh the horror
09-12-2014, 03:16 PM
this is not a subject that you can address in a nuanced fashion. Too much risk, you just have to say Ray Rice is wrong and that he should never work again.

Can't talk about due process or moral standards based upon, "pics or it didn't happen"

This. People aren't trying to hear anything other than "BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!"

We're in an interesting era where dialogue and opposing opinions aren't welcome. Its the other extreme.

bagelred
09-12-2014, 03:40 PM
He didn't get charged with anything. She's fine with it. If anything, all these internet white knights and whiners are the ones who REALLY victimized her by damaging her family's ability to earn money.

How do you know she's "fine with it". Because she said so? Do you know the first thing about domestic abuse?

bagelred
09-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Just like in this scene....the mom and the son are "fine with it". What's the problem? Schwartenegger should have minded his own business....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rBNcRymNgQ

ralph_i_el
09-12-2014, 03:56 PM
How do you know she's "fine with it". Because she said so? Do you know the first thing about domestic abuse?

I'm going to accept the words out of her mouth over what anons say on the internet, sorry. Nobody likes getting hit obviously. Nobody likes their husband losing their millions-a-year job either.

I guess I don't know much about domestic abuse, since I come from a family that doesn't act like trash.

Now we're busting out Schwarzenegger movies as evidence :facepalm

MavsSuperFan
09-12-2014, 04:21 PM
This. People aren't trying to hear anything other than "BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!"

We're in an interesting era where dialogue and opposing opinions aren't welcome. Its the other extreme.
feel free to speak in defense of ray rice, no one is stopping you.

Why do you think others shouldnt be able to speak out against what you say?

JellyBean
09-12-2014, 06:29 PM

:facepalm

dgaras
09-12-2014, 06:40 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

would rep if i had any to give

RoseCity07
09-12-2014, 11:08 PM
As an adult, I really don't care what Paul George's opinion is on any subject.

Nba players aren't the smartest people. Most thank god after a good game. Not exactly deep thinkers.

IGOTGAME
09-12-2014, 11:14 PM

Nba players aren't the smartest people. Most thank god after a good game. Not exactly deep thinkers.

same could be said for 50% of news anchors on primetime cable news.

ralph_i_el
09-13-2014, 07:35 AM
Why is it such a disgusting crime to punch a woman when we don't bat an eye when men get beaten? I've never hit a woman, but I've been punched straight in the face a few times and it didn't do me any long term harm. I deserved it at least once.

Is it just because ray rice is a pro athlete? If I sucker punch my brother is it a different crime than punching a fiance?

niko
09-13-2014, 08:07 AM
Why is it such a disgusting crime to punch a woman when we don't bat an eye when men get beaten? I've never hit a woman, but I've been punched straight in the face a few times and it didn't do me any long term harm. I deserved it at least once.

Is it just because ray rice is a pro athlete? If I sucker punch my brother is it a different crime than punching a fiance?
Yes it is but both are crimes. The difference between hitting your wife and hitting a stranger is generally your wife is there to protect you for the long haul, so she's not going to turn you in for hitting her. She's going to take it and try to fix the situation. A stranger is not. They are going to flee, etc.

Note: It's no different punching a stranger man than a stranger woman. This was not someone punching a stranger.

I hate to break it to all you alpha dogs but you punch anyone and the cops see it you are in trouble. You talk like it's ok.

niko
09-13-2014, 08:09 AM
I'm going to accept the words out of her mouth over what anons say on the internet, sorry. Nobody likes getting hit obviously. Nobody likes their husband losing their millions-a-year job either.

I guess I don't know much about domestic abuse, since I come from a family that doesn't act like trash.

Now we're busting out Schwarzenegger movies as evidence :facepalm
You come from a family that doesn't act like trash but you think it's ok to punch wives in the face? Serious? Does that sentence make any sense to you?

BoutPractice
09-13-2014, 08:36 AM

Why shouldn't they thank god?

I'd much rather they thanked god than themselves after a game where luck was clearly on their side. If you went 11 of 13, it's not just because you're brilliant and work hard. You obviously work hard, otherwise you wouldn't even be able to approach those percentages, but the fact that you went 11 from 13 specifically that particular night is mostly luck. Thanking god is a way of recognizing that. It's a sign of maturity and understanding.

A hot streak can be the difference between a win and a loss. A lot of victories are decided by "fate", lucky jumpshots, etc.

DCL
09-13-2014, 08:40 AM
she didn't just get slapped or have a glass of water thrown at her face.

she got KTFO.

ralph_i_el
09-13-2014, 09:01 AM
You come from a family that doesn't act like trash but you think it's ok to punch wives in the face? Serious? Does that sentence make any sense to you?

Did I say that? I'm just saying that maybe you shouldn't lose your livelihood over one punch that was (ostensibly) forgiven. And I don't understand why punching a wife is different from punching any other family member.

I don't go around punching people. I've never thrown the first punch in my life.

I always play the devils advocate when I think people are getting swept up and overly emotional about an issue. Somebody needs to question mob-think.

knickscity
09-13-2014, 10:20 AM
Deep down everyone knows Paul George is right though.

Eric Cartman
09-13-2014, 10:53 AM
same could be said for 99.9% of news anchors on primetime cable news.

Fixed.

BrownEye007
09-13-2014, 03:03 PM
Why shouldn't they thank god?

I'd much rather they thanked god than themselves after a game where luck was clearly on their side. If you went 11 of 13, it's not just because you're brilliant and work hard. You obviously work hard, otherwise you wouldn't even be able to approach those percentages, but the fact that you went 11 from 13 specifically that particular night is mostly luck. Thanking god is a way of recognizing that. It's a sign of maturity and understanding.

A hot streak can be the difference between a win and a loss. A lot of victories are decided by "fate", lucky jumpshots, etc.
I hate it when players do this. God didn't get them into the NBA their hard work and dedication did then they just give up all the credit like they didn't do anything at all.

Verticality
09-14-2014, 03:58 AM
How did my team's implosion continue after they were eliminated from the playoffs? :facepalm

ILLsmak
09-14-2014, 11:26 AM

If Ray Rice is banned it's going to cost this woman MILLIONS.

Way to help the victims of abuse :applause:

It's funny, you can hurt a person way worse mentally and emotionally than you can with a punch, but nobody gets arrested for cheating and getting pregnant and tricking a guy into raising a kid that isn't his :confusedshrug:

She may be shit, too. She's prolly mad now that her gravy train is derailed. But the point is that you can't do that. It's not right. I am the furthest from a white knight but knocking a girl the **** out is senseless. I even think if shit goes down that you should be allowed to slap a girl or pin her down, but knocking her out?

-Smak

Dro
09-14-2014, 12:56 PM
I don't know, because she still went ahead and married him after the incident? We know she did it so she doesn't have to testify against him cause she definitely wasn't getting any money had she done that..........So now she'll get half when she decides to bolt.....

Also, this thread was already made....
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353680