PDA

View Full Version : Blade Runner found not guilty of murder

SunsN07BookIt
09-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Pretoria, South Africa (CNN) - Oscar Pistorius did not commit murder the night he killed Reeva Steenkamp, a judge said Thursday.

He did not intend to kill her, Judge Thokozile Masipa said.

But his conduct was "negligent," she said before adjourning for the day, suggesting she will find the Olympian guilty of culpable homicide

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/11/world/africa/oscar-pistorius-verdict/

Damn, he almost pulled an OJ. :facepalm

Random_Guy
09-12-2014, 09:45 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Pretoria, South Africa (CNN) - Oscar Pistorius did not commit murder the night he killed Reeva Steenkamp, a judge said Thursday.

He did not intend to kill her, Judge Thokozile Masipa said.

But his conduct was "negligent," she said before adjourning for the day, suggesting she will find the Olympian guilty of culpable homicide

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/11/world/africa/oscar-pistorius-verdict/

Damn, he almost pulled an OJ. :facepalm
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

JohnFreeman
09-12-2014, 09:45 AM
I thought he didn't have a leg to stand on

nathanjizzle
09-12-2014, 09:49 AM
i guess you can say, he got a leg up on the prosecution.

DukeDelonte13
09-12-2014, 09:49 AM
speaking about this OJ stuff, i recently found out that when they asked the lead detective at trial if he planted evidence at OJ's house he plead the 5th. :wtf:

Oscar is guilty as f*ck. He lied about what happened, the bullet holes were too high for him to have been on his stumps. He had a previous gun incident. the guy is a roided out hothead.

Magic731
09-12-2014, 09:50 AM
lol

Nick Young
09-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Disgusting.:facepalm

JohnFreeman
09-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Roses are red,
Violets are glorious,
Don't try to surprise
Oscar Pistorius.

SunsN07BookIt
09-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Pistorious and his family are apparently happy with the verdict. They were seen exchanging hugs and kisses during the recess.

BurningHammer
09-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Best case scenario for Pistorius.

Combat Wombat
09-12-2014, 11:23 AM
So firing FOUR shots into a door is not intent to kill???

sweggeh
09-12-2014, 11:27 AM
This thread is misleading. He was cleared of first degree and second degree murder but has been found guilty of Culpable Homicide, which is the South African version of Manslaughter. The conviction can carry up to 15 years in prison, but we will see what happens at the sentencing.

I personally after watching a lot of the trial live on TV strongly doubt he intended to murder his girlfriend. I hope he is freed but I will assume he will spend atleast 5 years in prison due to his negligence.

Batz
09-12-2014, 11:28 AM
So firing for FOUR shots into a door is not intent to kill???
Intent to kill, world's greatest knock knock joke. All in the same. :confusedshrug:

Combat Wombat
09-12-2014, 11:38 AM
This thread is misleading. He was cleared of first degree and second degree murder but has been found guilty of Culpable Homicide, which is the South African version of Manslaughter. The conviction can carry up to 15 years in prison, but we will see what happens at the sentencing.

I personally after watching a lot of the trial live on TV strongly doubt he intended to murder his girlfriend. I hope he is freed but I will assume he will spend atleast 5 years in prison due to his negligence.

The man's got a very short temper and is a gun nut.

Witnesses heard shouting coming from inside the house an hour before the shooting. At the time of the shooting, witnesses said they heard the sound of a door slam followed shortly by the shots.

He fired not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 shots into the bathroom. During this people heard her screaming.

Let's not even get into how many times he has changed his story.

Wake up.

TheMan
09-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Pistorious gon' get away with murder:facepalm

His story isn't believable, you don't go shooting up a bathroom when your gf was with you and you are absolutely positive she isn't in the bathroom and it is in fact an intruder. Dude actually put on his prothestics apparently too. Doesn't make sense...poor girl is now dead.

ThePhantomCreep
09-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Even OJ is outraged.

32jazz
09-12-2014, 03:26 PM
its essentially manslaughter, maximum of 15 years

But sentencing ranges only from a minimum of suspended sentence up to 15 years. After letting this guy walk I don't trust that she is going to give him the max.