PDA

View Full Version : Luol Deng scouting report comes out, racial remarks originally from cavs scout.

Dr. Ice
09-12-2014, 03:14 PM
http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2014/09/12/LuolDeng.pdf

I wonder how the media will makes this Lebron related...also it's good to see that danny ferry wasn't lying in that the comments came from a report.

Also, it appears that irving and waiters really DO have some sort of issue in that locker room.

Lakers, bobcats, mavs, and suns had interest in trading for deng at the deadline.

Rake2204
09-12-2014, 03:17 PM
Quite honestly, the most fascinating stuff about these Hawks owner and Danny Ferry things has been seeing how stuff actually works and looks like behind the scenes (you know, aside from the racial stuff). It's kind of neat to see official e-mails via owner and scouting reports.

Mass Debator
09-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Quite honestly, the most fascinating stuff about these Hawks owner and Danny Ferry things has been seeing how stuff actually works and looks like behind the scenes (you know, aside from the racial stuff). It's kind of neat to see official e-mails via owner and scouting reports.
I agree. But...is this sht even forreal?

dreamwarrior
09-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Wow, it appears the report confirms Delonte west banged Lebron's mom.

Dr. Ice
09-12-2014, 03:57 PM
People are speculating that Chris grant is the one who wrote the remarks, but I find that hard to believe

EllisGW
09-12-2014, 03:58 PM
When will white management and owners stop being racist in the nba

Dr. Ice
09-12-2014, 04:06 PM
I think this must also be said: Screw the cavaliers, thanks for making my team even MORE dysfunctional, i hope lebron quits after finding out about this.

inclinerator
09-12-2014, 07:49 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IWZ8eV_ATpo/T1lpa154zmI/AAAAAAAAAPA/jIt4E5XfJCM/s640/blooddiamond.gif

russwest0
09-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Damn, looks like Cleveland is going to have to turn their jerseys inside out in protest

TheMarkMadsen
09-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Cliff notes? Nobody has time to read that

Nash
09-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Damn people throwing each other under the bus left and right

fpliii
09-12-2014, 09:14 PM
So why is Ferry being placed on leave, then? Just for reading the report?

Brokenbeat
09-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Wow, it appears the report confirms Delonte west banged Lebron's mom.

I thought that shit on his lip already confirmed it? :confusedshrug:

MavsSuperFan
09-12-2014, 09:25 PM
So why is Ferry being placed on leave, then? Just for reading the report?
If it was actually in the report, doesnt this kind of exonerate Ferry?
I mean maybe the dude was just reading mindlessly out loud on the conference call and didn't expect that kind of language to be in the report.

qrich
09-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Wonder how much of this came out due to Sterling's alleged PI firms digging up dirt on other owners

fpliii
09-12-2014, 09:27 PM
If it was actually in the report, doesnt this kind of exonerate Ferry?
I mean maybe the dude was just reading mindlessly out loud on the conference call and didn't expect that kind of language to be in the report.
You'd think it'd have to...he's not at fault in the slightest.

Thunderfan86
09-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Can someone tell me which page has the racist remarks on it?

MC Gusto
09-12-2014, 09:52 PM
Can someone tell me which page has the racist remarks on it?
Page 2

MC Gusto
09-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Wonder how much of this came out due to Sterling's alleged PI firms digging up dirt on other owners
None of it. Ironically, Levenson was the one who hired the investigators.

MavsSuperFan
09-12-2014, 09:59 PM
None of it. Ironically, Levenson was the one who hired the investigators.
lol its like he wanted to sell the team

Akrazotile
09-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Is Africa a race?

I didnt realize any of Ferry's remarks pertained to race.

Pointguard
09-12-2014, 11:30 PM
The whole “He is a good guy on the cover but he is an African. He has a little two-step in him = says what you want to hear but behind closed doors he could be killing you." Is where all the problem lies. And it definitely seems like Ferry was just reading the scouting report. I like to see another figure who you can say has a better heart than Manute Bol - he is like the Mother Teresa of all sports. I am totally unaware of an African basketball player that did hard backbiting.

I think Danny Ferry's took the leave because he looks incredibly incompetent.
Why did Danny Ferry simply skip that line, cross it out, and show that he put in some work as a GM??? Was he intentionally trying to get the scout in trouble? But as the GM why not handle that yourself instead bringing the administration's sad incompetence out in front of everybody. Why was he going this deep in the character reference for a guy that had the same college coach as himself. Why not just ask coach K??? He would know him better than any other coach.

Why is Ferry reading the scouting report? I could see if he was scared as a new GM but he should have his stuff in order - the original scout could read his report better than Ferry. Ferry should be speaking from conviction. Its obvious he doesn't do his job and lacks good sensibility of what should be said or not. He dissed people above and below him.

All Net
09-12-2014, 11:58 PM
So I guess the snitching isn't just on here then:pimp:

D-FENS
09-13-2014, 07:00 AM
Damn, Cavs getting most of their info from RealGM wiretap. No wonder they're such a stink-ass franchise

ILLsmak
09-13-2014, 07:14 AM

I think Danny Ferry's took the leave because he looks incredibly incompetent.

I dunno about all that. I doubt he took the leave because he wanted to; someone probably 'advised' him to. Oshit looking incompetent, gotta take leave.

It's definitely an extremely bogus statement. I don't even know if it stereotypes, but to assume that someone is like that (and Deng may be, truthfully) and then put that on him being "A little African" is pretty wack. Moreso, not even talking about doing a background check for putting him in a high security clearance job or anything. It's a bball scouting report...

-Smak

El Gato Negro
09-13-2014, 08:44 AM
Everyone wants to know: In the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's published scouting report on Deng, who was the redacted Cleveland source responsible for the initial African slurs? If this wasn't Chris Grant

El Gato Negro
09-13-2014, 08:47 AM
All they really said was deng was two faced.

BlackWhiteGreen
09-13-2014, 08:51 AM
I'm glad they use f*cking British newspaper articles (1st page) as though Brits in general have even the slightest amount of basketball knowledge... And they blanked the name of the author out, as though you can't just google it?

Pointguard
09-13-2014, 02:27 PM
I dunno about all that. I doubt he took the leave because he wanted to; someone probably 'advised' him to. Oshit looking incompetent, gotta leave.
-Smak
I never said he imposed it upon himself, because I know he resisted at first. The leave is to alleviate the pressure of being scrutinized for his incompetence. Not everybody is like you: I messed up but let me rub my incompetence in the organizations face and let me flaunt my incredible bull headliness while I'm ruining my career. I think there is a stylistic difference.

MC Gusto
09-13-2014, 05:57 PM
lol its like he wanted to sell the team
He actually did want to sell the team.

Fowl
09-13-2014, 07:04 PM
Lol so if Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters were beefing over not getting enough touches between the 2 BEFORE LeBron James and Kevin Love, then this is a good time to use this gif:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117031/3636088-dis+gon+b+gud.gif