PDA

View Full Version : ISIS Strikes Deal With Moderate Syrian Rebels: Reports

zoom17
09-13-2014, 02:16 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/12/isis-deal-syria_n_5814128.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Things just got interesting.

zoom17
09-13-2014, 02:17 AM
The real "moderates" are fighting on the side of Bashar Assad.

Craven Morehead
09-13-2014, 02:38 AM
Just turn the Middle East into a glass desert already.

rezznor
09-13-2014, 02:51 AM
can't trust any faction over there. the only ones i would even consider helping would be the kurds.

LJJ
09-13-2014, 03:24 AM

Yup. Fighting nail and tooth to maintain a semblance of religious freedom, basic human rights and basic women's rights, etc, etc. These are the people our own western governments have been helping and supporting to get killed.

KevinNYC
09-13-2014, 03:27 AM

The Syria war is a multipartisan civil war. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_armed_groups_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War)

Syria Syrian government forces
Syrian Armed Forces
National Defense Force
Jaysh al-Sha'bi
Suqur al-Sahara
Allied armed groups:

Liwa Abu al-Fadhal al-Abbas
Badr Organization
Haidar al-Karar Brigade
Promised Day Brigades
Hezbollah
PFLP

KevinNYC
09-13-2014, 03:37 AM
You may want to look up the Pro Assad Shabiha militia (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/9400570/Confessions-of-an-Assad-Shabiha-loyalist-how-I-raped-and-killed-for-300-a-month.html). And how they use systematic rape as tool of war.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08/13/syrian-army-accused-of-vicious-systematic-rape.html

Her story adds to mounting allegations that Syrian forces—most especially the pro-government Shabiha civilian militia, the ultraloyal enforcers of embattled President Bashar al-Assad’s regime—are using sexual violence and rape to terrify and punish rebels, adding to the cruelty of an 18-month-long conflict that has seen the government shoot unarmed civilians, including children, and shell populated areas, and has seen the rebels torture and execute captured Shabiha militiamen.

“Syrian government forces have used sexual violence to torture men, women, and boys,” says Sarah Leah Whitson, Middle East director at Human Rights Watch. “Soldiers and pro-government armed militias have sexually abused women and girls as young as 12 during home raids and military sweeps of residential areas.”

KevinNYC
09-13-2014, 03:42 AM
You may want to look at the report by the Organization for Prevention of Chemical Weapons that says chlorine bombs have been used systematically and the UN report that confirms they were used by the Assad government.
(http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29146039)

Use of illegal weapons
Government forces
115. Government forces attacked civilian-inhabited areas in Idlib and Hama
governorates: Kafr Zeita on 11, 12, 16 and 18 April, Al-Tamana’a on 12, 18 and 29 April
and Tal Minnis on 21 April 2014.
116. Witnesses saw helicopters drop barrel bombs and smelled a scent akin to domestic chlorine immediately following impact. Accounts of victims, and of medical personnel involved in administering treatment, provide descriptions of symptoms compatible with exposure to chemical agents, namely vomiting, eye and skin irritation, choking and other respiratory problems.
117. Chlorine gas is a chemical weapon as defined in the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling and Use of Chemical Weapons and on Their Destruction, of 1992. The use of chemical weapons is prohibited in all circumstances under customary international humanitarian law and is a war crime under the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court.
118. Reasonable grounds exist to believe that chemical agents, likely chlorine, were used on Kafr Zeita, Al-Tamana’a and Tal Minnis in eight incidents within a 10-day period in April. There are also reasonable grounds to believe that those agents were dropped in barrel bombs from government helicopters flying overhead.

LJJ
09-13-2014, 03:52 AM
You may want to look up the Pro Assad Shabiha militia (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/9400570/Confessions-of-an-Assad-Shabiha-loyalist-how-I-raped-and-killed-for-300-a-month.html). And how they use systematic rape as tool of war.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08/13/syrian-army-accused-of-vicious-systematic-rape.html

There is rape in any war by all parties. But the only party in the conflict that is systemically targeting women for rape, maintain rape camps and comfort women and are proud of it are the rebels.

LJJ
09-13-2014, 03:56 AM
It is a multipartisan conflict. There is the secular government military and multiple jihadist/Islamist factions among the rebels.

KevinNYC
09-13-2014, 04:21 AM
There is rape in any war by all parties. But the only party in the conflict that is systemically targeting women for rape, maintain rape camps and comfort women and are proud of it are the rebels.

Notice that I didn't say anything about crimes by the anti-Assad forces.

But if you deny that Assad uses rape as a tool of war, you are being dishonest.

The claim was that the Assad force were moderates. They are not.

LJJ
09-13-2014, 04:35 AM

And your source for Assad using rape as a tool of war is a tortured prisoner who would say anything to escape his hell. His confession is just as valid as Foley's.

Unconfirmed, anonymous reports. Confessions from prisoners of war. It's propaganda. We have confirmed reports of the rebels doing it. On massive, institutionalized scale. We don't have that of Assad's forces at all.

KevinNYC
09-13-2014, 02:52 PM
And your source for Assad using rape as a tool of war is a tortured prisoner who would say anything to escape his hell. His confession is just as valid as Foley's.

No that was the link I gave you. My "source" is the many, many stories I've of read of human rights activists documented systemic rape. There are many, many sources for this

Just Google

Sabiha rape

or

report syria rape

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/04/syria-has-a-massive-rape-crisis/274583/

Men are more than just witnesses to sexualized violence in Syria; they are experiencing it directly as well. Forty-three of the reports on our map - about 20 percent -- involve attacks against men and boys, all of whom are between the ages of 11 and 56. Nearly half of the reports about men involve rape, while a quarter detail sexualized violence without penetration, such as shocks to the genitals. Sixteen percent of the men who have been raped in our reports were allegedly violated by multiple attackers.

Government perpetrators have allegedly committed the majority of the attacks we've been able to track: 60 percent of the attacks against men and women are reportedly by government forces, with another 17 percent carried out by government and shabiha (plainclothes militia) forces together. When it comes to the rape of women, government forces have allegedly carried out 54 percent these attacks; shabiha have allegedly perpetrated 20 percent; government and shabiha working together 6 percent.

KevinNYC
09-13-2014, 02:53 PM
Just give up Kev. Your joseph goebells/bill oreilly propoganda has been proven wrong over n over again yet you still keep posting. Just asmit you were wrong and u got duped by your imperialist governemnt and move on. No one hates American people mate, they hate your disgusting nazi government. If americans like you continue supporting these policies then you have no right to complain when another Sept 11 happens
Keep apologizing for Assad.

LJJ
09-13-2014, 03:10 PM
No that was the link I gave you. My "source" is the many, many stories I've of read of human rights activists documented systemic rape. There are many, many sources for this

Just Google

Sabiha rape

or

report syria rape

All sourced from womenundersiege.org

In which the central figure seems to be a.......Saudi Arabian citizen.....

The same Saudi Arabia that has instigated the entire conflict.

Very surprising that their viewpoint seems to be anti-Assad. :rolleyes: You'll just believe everything presented to you on a plate, without even seeing the most obvious plainest evidence of bias staring right back at your face. I bet you even googled "rape by syrian government" and posted the first link you saw, after your first two links proved to be total horseshit.

SunsN07BookIt
09-13-2014, 03:38 PM
can't trust any faction over there. the only ones i would even consider helping would be the kurds.

Yeah. Protect the Kurds, and in my IMO the Jews and Christians. The rest of the ME is a cesspool of humanity we need to avoid letting drag us down.

zoom17
09-13-2014, 03:41 PM

Very surprising that their viewpoint seems to be anti-Assad. :rolleyes: You'll just believe everything presented to you on a plate, without even seeing the most obvious plainest evidence of bias staring right back at your face. I bet you even googled "rape by syrian government" and posted the first link you saw, after your first two links proved to be total horseshit.

He just eats it up man.

KevinNYC
09-13-2014, 03:43 PM

You may want to look up the UN report.

Did Saudi Arabia cause Assad to crush dissent and protest the way he did? This civil war began after Assad started killing protesters.

MavsSuperFan
09-13-2014, 03:51 PM
agreed 100%

Assad is an extremist, he is just not an islamic extremist

The US should just try to build up the kurds military capabilities like we do israel and let the kurds handle the arab extremists

Raymone
09-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Fight them over there so we don't have to here.

http://i.imgur.com/l1Xlq6Jl.jpg

Nick Young
09-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Yup. Fighting nail and tooth to maintain a semblance of religious freedom, basic human rights and basic women's rights, etc, etc. These are the people our own western governments have been helping and supporting to get killed.
Assad's 'atrocities' are no worse then anything Obama has done. Syria was actually stable, and a progressive country (for the region) before fundamentalist rebel assholes started shit. I have no idea why America was anti-Assad in this mess unless it was all just an oil opportunity. Much respect to Putin for stopping that shit before it got going. Now I trust Obama to atleast be able to put down the monster he created.

Got no idea why KevinNYC the 'liberal' is defending the cannibal religious fundamentalist terrorists here instead of the leader who actually allowed religious freedom and had things running relatively smoothly.

FORREAL. All these weapons we sell to opposing groups, why not just put some kind of microchip in them so we can shut them down if we ever feel like it. Then they cant be using our own weapons against us cus that shits embarrassing.

Nick Young
09-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Yeah. Protect the Kurds, and in my IMO the Jews and Christians. The rest of the ME is a cesspool of humanity we need to avoid letting drag us down.
We should just arm the phuck out of the kurds even more so and let them be our enforcers. Kurdistan needs to become a proper country with an iron fortress wall built around it to protect it from terrorist assholes sneaking in. Let's do it Obama. Kurds been beaten down for too long, their time is now.

rezznor
09-13-2014, 03:59 PM
agreed 100%

Assad is an extremist, he is just not an islamic extremist

The US should just try to build up the kurds military capabilities like we do israel and let the kurds handle the arab extremists

assad isn't an extremist. a dictator yes but not an extremist. i'd rather have him in power than some crazy ass islamists. assad is actually very westernized. we will regret it if he falls and isyria turns into another iraq post saddam. better the devil you know...

zoom17
09-13-2014, 04:01 PM
assad isn't an extremist. a dictator yes but not an extremist. i'd rather have him in power than some crazy ass islamists. assad is actually very westernized. we will regret it if he falls and isyria turns into another iraq post saddam. better the devil you know...

:applause:

Nick Young
09-13-2014, 04:01 PM

Did you know that every single army in history uses rape as a 'tool of war'?

Even in the US army, female soldiers are afraid of using the toilets late at night for fear of getting overpowered and raped BY THEIR OWN COMRADES.

Do you think the fundamentalist rebels don't use rape as a 'tool of war.' What about cannibalism as a tool of war, are you down with that?:facepalm

Nick Young
09-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Wish more people were saying this months ago! All these hippy anti-Assad flaming liberals who fell for the propaganda a few months back about Assad being the Arab Hitler are now unwilling to back down even though the truth has come out that the rebels are the true monsters.:lol

eliteballer
09-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Assad is an animal too. He's indiscriminately killed thousands upon thousands of civilians and then there's this stuff:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/20/world/syria-torture-photos-amanpour/index.html

http://online.wsj.com/articles/syrian-defector-describes-scenes-in-photos-of-alleged-assad-atrocities-1406833318

He should be charged for war crimes.

Nick Young
09-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Assad is an animal too. He's indiscriminately killed thousands upon thousands of civilians and then there's this stuff:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/20/world/syria-torture-photos-amanpour/index.html

http://online.wsj.com/articles/syrian-defector-describes-scenes-in-photos-of-alleged-assad-atrocities-1406833318

He should be charged for war crimes.
Has Obama not done the exact same shit at a much larger scale? Do you also consider Obama to be an 'animal'?

eliteballer
09-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Has Obama not done the exact same shit at a much larger scale? Do you also consider Obama to be an 'animal'?

Actually read the links before opening your ignorant mouth. He's torturing and killing people using horrific methods.

You dorks who have never stepped foot outside your county line let alone the US have no idea what goes on in all corners of this world or the geopolitical complexities.

MadeFromDust
09-13-2014, 04:17 PM
Just nuke the whole place

Nick Young
09-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Actually read the links before opening your ignorant mouth. He's torturing and killing people using horrific methods.

You dorks who have never stepped foot outside your county line let alone the US have no idea what goes on in all corners of this world or the geopolitical complexities.
You mean just like Obama does?
LOL
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/26/article-1380557-0158E3E50000044D-1000_468x317.jpg

eliteballer
09-13-2014, 04:25 PM
You mean just like Obama does?
LOL
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/26/article-1380557-0158E3E50000044D-1000_468x317.jpg

Under Obama Guantanamo is constantly monitored. I know people on Capitol Hill....and really?

Waterboarding is a little different to stuff that has warranted the State Department comparing Assad's crimes to the Nazis.

But how can I expect to have a mature discussion with someone who's life is so empty they troll a message board?

LJJ
09-13-2014, 04:31 PM

The entire way this Syria thing has gone down kind of proves the necessity of Assad's cruel methods.

This entire thing started by Assad loosening his grip, granting Islamist leaders who were in prison for good reason pardons and not supressing Islamist protests. If only he had learned better from the lessons his dad learned during the 80s. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamist_uprising_in_Syria)

And now we have Syria in deep crisis. Hundreds of thousands of casualties. Half the country in a vice grip by Islamists, who are raping and pillaging the shit out of anyone who isn't part of the Sunni sect. Muslim crazies from all over the planet flying to Syria and happily joining in with the raping.

All not because Assad was a cruel leader, but actually because he wasn't assertive enough with his dictatorship. He started to get soft.

KingBeasley08
09-13-2014, 04:33 PM
Is this news? Anyone with a brain knew this shit a year ago when the military industrial complex and Obama were trying to start a war with Assad. Good thing we didn't get involved and the rebels haven't won yet. So many posters like myself, Nick Young, zoom, LJJ were all posting about how Assad was tame compared to the rebels and now we're being proven right. Don't like Putin but it's a good thing he backed up Assad and it's also good that most Americans didn't fall for the propaganda that KevinNYC ate up

KevinNYC
09-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Is this news? Anyone with a brain knew this shit a year ago when the military industrial complex and Obama were trying to start a war with Assad. Good thing we didn't get involved and the rebels haven't won yet. So many posters like myself, Nick Young, zoom, LJJ were all posting about how Assad was tame compared to the rebels and now we're being proven right. Don't like Putin but it's a good thing he backed up Assad and it's also good that most Americans didn't fall for the propaganda that KevinNYC ate up

Actually most of the posters were saying Assad was a good guy.

Nick Young
09-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Wrong.

Duderonomy
09-14-2014, 08:58 AM
http://images.alarabiya.net/a5/54/640x392_42554_203829.jpg

Dresta
09-14-2014, 09:05 AM
Just give up Kev. Your joseph goebells/bill oreilly propoganda has been proven wrong over n over again yet you still keep posting. Just asmit you were wrong and u got duped by your imperialist governemnt and move on. No one hates American people mate, they hate your disgusting nazi government. If americans like you continue supporting these policies then you have no right to complain when another Sept 11 happens
You're truly a ****ing nitwit.

Here's to hoping someone flies a plane into your treehouse.