PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James vs Kevin Durant - THE DEBATE HAS BEEN ENDED!!!

ArbitraryWater
09-13-2014, 12:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Md-tkkLNy0

TylerOO
09-13-2014, 12:26 PM
It never started

ArbitraryWater
09-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Obviously, but it's a cool video idea...

The outcome here was way too close, but its just for shits and giggles...

Would be nice to do it for every LeBron vs KD Matchup since 2010, each Game is 1 Round and the Finals itself can be left out. Only regular season matchups, then the Finals as some kind of end challenge.

Now of course LeBron would win about all Matchups Individually but 1-2, but if you do it with Game Highlights, Stats and Information/Context, that could be a sick video.

TheMarkMadsen
09-13-2014, 12:41 PM

Would be nice to do it for every LeBron vs KD Matchup since 2010, each Game is 1 Round and the Finals itself can be left out. Only regular season matchups, then the Finals as some kind of end challenge.

Now of course LeBron would win about all Matchups Individually but 1-2, but if you do it with Game Highlights, Stats and Information/Context, that could be a sick video.

Every time you give any credit to another player you gotta suck Lebron off in the next few lines

russwest0
09-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Every time you give any credit to another player you gotta suck Lebron off in the next few lines

posters like arbitrarywater are why I don't want any green bars or "rep"

JellyBean
09-13-2014, 12:58 PM
It never started

Thank you. Was there ever a debate?

ArbitraryWater
09-13-2014, 12:58 PM
http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/iM0ZAx7ZydNC3.gif

Guys getting so butthurt over me projecting some kind of end result.. That in itself shows the insecurity you have over LeBron :oldlol:

Hey Yo
09-13-2014, 01:05 PM
Durant can use his own quote again after the video

""I've been second my whole life,” the Oklahoma City Thunder star told SI. “I was the second-best player in high school. I was the second pick in the draft. I've been second in the MVP voting three times. I came in second in the Finals. I'm tired of being second. I'm not going to settle for that. I'm done with it.”

TheMarkMadsen
09-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Nah just your schtick of trying to act like an unbiased poster is so tired. Come out of the closet already

ArbitraryWater
09-13-2014, 01:31 PM
http://duckieandsoupreadtogether.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/lebron-james-smallest-violin-gif.gif

dr.hee
09-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Junge du bist wirklich einer der d

Smook A.
09-13-2014, 02:13 PM

Wait, are you serious? :oldlol:

You honestly believe LeBron would beat Kevin Durant in EVERY matchup? That's not gonna happen. It'd be pretty even if they faced off. Don't forget, 1v1 matchups are all about playing defense, offense, and rebounding. If you only place those things in there, then Durant has the advantage. He's the far better offensive player, his rebounding is slightly better and his defense is about even as LeBron's if you're talking about last season.

Kevin Durant's 2013-14 Shot Chart
http://i.imgur.com/IQgaLsu.png

LeBron James' 2013-14 Shot Chart
http://i.imgur.com/jrenMDl.png

Now look at these shot charts from the 2013-14 NBA season. Kevin Durant is much more versatile than LeBron James when it comes to scoring. You're not going to get a bucket every time by driving to the basket, so you saying LeBron will win about every single matchup makes you sound delusional. Just quit being biased for once, and have some knowledge about basketball. Not everything is going to be about
"LeBron James".

ArbitraryWater
09-13-2014, 02:15 PM
:facepalm

Bruh I was talking about all their head-to-head Matchups since 2010.. I think Durant has won 2, the one in 2014 (Miami), and I think (not checked stats/context), the 2012 one in OKC... I think, because I do know OKC won.

ArbitraryWater
09-13-2014, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE=dr.hee]Junge du bist wirklich einer der d

Budadiiii
09-13-2014, 02:19 PM
OP needs to go outside.

ArbitraryWater
09-13-2014, 02:21 PM
I love it :applause:

I can even get Budadiii to bitch :lol

Sup, son?

dr.hee
09-13-2014, 02:21 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/320/641/3e9.gif

ArbitraryWater
09-13-2014, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=dr.hee]

Budadiiii
I have multi-paragraph essays saved in word document on LeBron and can't wait till the season starts so I can release them.

Only poor quality trolls do it in the off-season. NO ONE IS PAYING ATTENTION. By the time the season starts, there will be 70% more posters and 95% more lurkers.

Im Still Ballin
You're off point Daryl. Lebron's too strong and athletic for Celery sticks Durant.

BuffaloBill
09-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Kawhi Leonard >

dr.hee
09-13-2014, 02:30 PM
You know me so well. :bowdown:

Except, wait, I did watch Serbia v. France... But who cares

League pass um nachts spiele zu gucken, aber f**k it, du kennst mich ja so gut :applause:

dr.hee, meister der vorurteile *bow

League pass? Lebron-Videos gibts kostenlos auf Youtube, da kannst du dir ohne Bedenken einen drauf runterholen :roll:

L

Im Still Ballin
09-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Kawhi Leonard >

BuffaloBill
09-13-2014, 02:34 PM

http://cdn29.elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Kawhi-So-Serious.jpg

Budadiiii
09-13-2014, 02:37 PM
Starting a franchise, I take Leonard over LeBron and don't think twice about it.

Heck, I'll take him right now over LeBron. He outplayed him in the finals.

You guys talk about "empty stats" with KD in 2012, well, LOL, LeBron took it to a whole nother level this year with his 3rd quarter scoring rampages down 25.

Im Still Ballin
09-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Starting a franchise, I take Leonard over LeBron and don't think twice about it.

Heck, I'll take him right now over LeBron. He outplayed him in the finals.

You guys talk about "empty stats" with KD in 2012, well, LOL, LeBron took it to a whole nother level this year with his 3rd quarter scoring rampages down 25.
Kwame Brown 2006 playoffs:
12.9 - 6.6 - 1.0 - 52.3% FG
Kawhi Leonard 2014 playoffs:
14.3 - 6.7 - 1.7 - 51.0% FG

Interesting........

Budadiiii
09-13-2014, 02:45 PM
Kwame Brown 2006 playoffs:
12.9 - 6.6 - 1.0 - 52.3% FG
Kawhi Leonard 2014 playoffs:
14.3 - 6.7 - 1.7 - 51.0% FG

Interesting........
Stats are fun.

It gives off the impression that LeBron is actually an all-time great.

Im Still Ballin
09-13-2014, 02:48 PM
Stats are fun.

It gives off the impression that LeBron is actually an all-time great.
Name someone other than MJ that is BETTER than Lebron? You can't. He's that good.

ArbitraryWater
09-13-2014, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=dr.hee]League pass? Lebron-Videos gibts kostenlos auf Youtube, da kannst du dir ohne Bedenken einen drauf runterholen :roll:

L

dr.hee
09-13-2014, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=ArbitraryWater]Wovon redest du

ArbitraryWater
09-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Tu ich das?

Hate my guts, doctor... Ich seh dich nicht oft auf solche Smileys rampages gehen, du exposed deine Insecurites damit, brah

UND du bist der erste der vom Thema abweicht.. Damn I'm good. #staywinnin'

dr.hee
09-13-2014, 03:23 PM
Tu ich das?

Hate my guts, doctor... Ich seh dich nicht oft auf solche Smileys rampages gehen, du exposed deine Insecurites damit, brah

UND du bist der erste der vom Thema abweicht.. Damn I'm good. #staywinnin'

Es ist halt einfach langweilig, wie unoriginell deine ganze Identit

Budadiiii
09-13-2014, 03:27 PM
OP ist eine Schwuchtel

ArbitraryWater
09-13-2014, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=dr.hee]Es ist halt einfach langweilig, wie unoriginell deine ganze Identit

Im Still Ballin
09-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Speak English.

ArbitraryWater
09-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Speak English.

You know someone takes shit VERRYY seriously when he decides to switch Languages

Megabox!
09-13-2014, 04:09 PM
I have multi-paragraph essays saved in word document on LeBron and can't wait till the season starts so I can release them.
Is this n***a serious?

JT123
09-13-2014, 04:13 PM

Only poor quality trolls do it in the off-season. NO ONE IS PAYING ATTENTION. By the time the season starts, there will be 70% more posters and 95% more lurkers.
And you are trying to tell someone else to go outside? :oldlol:

red1
09-14-2014, 12:59 AM
debate never existed in the first place. kd is clearly in a different class from the rest of the league but he was never quite on that lbj level

TheMarkMadsen
09-14-2014, 01:10 AM
debate never existed in the first place. kd is clearly in a different class from the rest of the league

Couldn't agree more bruh

red1
09-14-2014, 01:11 AM
Couldn't agree more bruh
Yeah. We'll see if he can close the gap this year

Bandito
09-14-2014, 01:21 AM
And you are trying to tell someone else to go outside? :oldlol:
:roll:

knicksman
09-14-2014, 01:41 AM
Name someone other than MJ that is BETTER than Lebron? You can't. He's that good.

:oldlol: Only a moron believe this. Hes not even better than isiah, much more isiah with lebrons body-magic.

And to the OP. last time I check, durant hasnt reached his prime yet. And is already as good as 2nd 3 peat jordan.

red1
09-14-2014, 01:44 AM
:oldlol: Only a moron believe this. Hes not even better than isiah, much more isiah with lebrons body-magic.

And to the OP. last time I check, durant hasnt reached his prime yet. And is already as good as 2nd 3 peat jordan.
Only knicksman could make two mindnumbingly retarded assertions in just one post. Isiah better than lebron? Durant not in his prime yet? Go pick up another hobby and find another forum because basketball clearly isn't your thing.

knicksman
09-14-2014, 01:47 AM
Only knicksman could make two mindnumbingly retarded assertions in just one post. Isiah better than lebron? Durant not in his prime yet? Go pick up another hobby and find another forum because basketball clearly isn't your thing.

coming from a poster who believes durant is already in his prime. :oldlol: Bran stans once again exposing their IQs. And in what world is 2<<2*. Yah in bran stans world. LOL

red1
09-14-2014, 01:48 AM
coming from a poster who believes durant is already in his prime. :oldlol: Bran stans once again exposing their IQs. :oldlol:
this fcuking retard over here :oldlol: peak and prime are not the same thing and either way you don't know shit

knicksman
09-14-2014, 01:52 AM
this fcuking retard over here :oldlol: peak and prime are not the same thing and either way you don't know shit

Prime-its when your athleticism is at its peak. Around 28-30. Thats why its the time when most of the players win their rings. LOL at you.

chazzy
09-14-2014, 01:52 AM
debate never existed in the first place. kd is clearly in a different class from the rest of the league but he was never quite on that lbj level
What? Durant was actually better last regular season, so the debate definitely existed. Lebron had a better playoffs and retook the title of best player.

red1
09-14-2014, 02:00 AM
What? Durant was actually better last regular season, so the debate definitely existed. Lebron had a better playoffs and retook the title of best player.
Yeah he had the edge for the regular season and thus the mvp but you said it yourself; when you factor in the postseason lbj was still the better player last year. It may be a small gap but it is still a gap nonetheless.

Prime-its when your athleticism is at its peak. Around 28-30. Thats why its the time when most of the players win their rings. LOL at you.
Sure. Don't let common sense prevent you from believing that 2014 mvp kd was not a player in his prime.

knicksman
09-14-2014, 02:18 AM
Yeah he had the edge for the regular season and thus the mvp but you said it yourself; when you factor in the postseason lbj was still the better player last year. It may be a small gap but it is still a gap nonetheless.

Sure. Don't let common sense prevent you from believing that 2014 mvp kd was not a player in his prime.

:oldlol:
You really are stupid. So KD wont improve after this coz hes already on his prime. I guess bran/jordan didnt improve after 25:oldlol:

Milbuck
09-14-2014, 02:20 AM

The athletic peak for the vast majority of NBA players isn't at 28-30, it's around 23-27. Prime is generally from the time their athletic peak starts to coincide with the player's skill/mental peak. Some players have it early..like Kobe and Lebron. Other players' primes are later on..like Steve Nash. But generally speaking a player's prime can be anywhere from 24-32, peak something like 27-30.
You really are stupid. So KD wont improve after this coz hes already on his prime. I guess bran/jordan didnt improve after 25:oldlol:
Holy shit this dude is retarded.

knicksman
09-14-2014, 02:43 AM

The athletic peak for the vast majority of NBA players isn't at 28-30, it's around 23-27. Prime is generally from the time their athletic peak starts to coincide with the player's skill/mental peak. Some players have it early..like Kobe and Lebron. Other players' primes are later on..like Steve Nash. But generally speaking a player's prime can be anywhere from 24-32, peak something like 27-30.

Prime is when youre capable of winning a ring usually around 27-32. While peak is when you are at your best and thats between your prime years.

Milbuck
09-14-2014, 02:48 AM
Prime is when youre capable of winning a ring usually around 27-32. While peak is when you are at your best and thats between your prime years.
:biggums:

So what was Dwyane Wade in 2006 when he lead a team to a chip at 24?

Warfan
09-14-2014, 02:49 AM
Durant will be 26 in 2 weeks and he's coming in to his 8th season, he's in his prime...

knicksman
09-14-2014, 02:54 AM
:biggums:

So what was Dwyane Wade in 2006 when he lead a team to a chip at 24?

is wade a top 10 all time? Plus he had the refs on his side and shaq. Maybe there are exceptions to the rule. Besides wade only has 1 ring. I guess kobe too was in his prime in 2000.

Milbuck
09-14-2014, 02:56 AM
is wade a top 10 all time? Plus he had the refs on his side and shaq. Maybe there are exceptions to the rule. Besides wade only has 1 ring. I guess kobe too was in his prime in 2000.
http://i.imgur.com/TdNYRT6.gif

dunksby
09-14-2014, 05:58 AM
How can you win MVP at 25 putting up historic numbers and not be in your prime?

K Xerxes
09-14-2014, 06:41 AM
How can you win MVP at 25 putting up historic numbers and not be in your prime?

Wonder if knicksman was saying the same thing about 25 year old LeBron when he won MVP and put up 35-9-7 in the playoffs.

red1
09-14-2014, 05:01 PM

Yes he is. You are more likely to get an intelligent discussion by striking up conversations with chipmunks and squirrels.

lilteapot
09-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Lebron is the better player. This is only a debate on this worthless forum. Serious basketball fans don't even consider the possibility of Durant being better.

WindmiLL
09-14-2014, 05:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TdNYRT6.gif

I lol'd. Perfect use of the gif :applause:

aj1987
09-14-2014, 06:03 PM
You honestly believe LeBron would beat Kevin Durant in EVERY matchup? That's not gonna happen. It'd be pretty even if they faced off. Don't forget, 1v1 matchups are all about playing defense, offense, and rebounding. If you only place those things in there, then Durant has the advantage. He's the far better offensive player, his rebounding is slightly better and his defense is about even as LeBron's if you're talking about last season.

ArbitraryWater
09-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Wait, are you serious? :oldlol:

Kevin Durant's 2013-14 Shot Chart
http://i.imgur.com/IQgaLsu.png

LeBron James' 2013-14 Shot Chart
http://i.imgur.com/jrenMDl.png

Now look at these shot charts from the 2013-14 NBA season. Kevin Durant is much more versatile than LeBron James when it comes to scoring. You're not going to get a bucket every time by driving to the basket, so you saying LeBron will win about every single matchup makes you sound delusional. Just quit being biased for once, and have some knowledge about basketball. Not everything is going to be about
"LeBron James".

Didn't even notice this... :facepalm

Dammit Smook, what you turning into worries me..

Warfan
09-14-2014, 06:19 PM
Lebron is the better player. This is only a debate on this worthless forum. Serious basketball fans don't even consider the possibility of Durant being better.

No not really. I do think lebron is the best player in the world, but lets not act like it isnt close. Career wise, well no shit. But currently it certainly is. He won the MVP over bron, carried a huge load playing lots of minutes and lead OKC to 59 wins with Westbrook missing half the season. Had one of the greatest scoring season ever, 12 straight 30+ point games, 43 straight 25+ point games.

From January onwards he averaged 34/7/6 and was extremely efficient over the whole season. Although he wasnt great in the playoffs and it showed that he needs to work on his game (eg post play), he was still solid and had some huge games against 3 of the top teams in the league. And lets not act like bron was amazing either, i wasnt really impressed with his playoff performance at all really and his defense took a notable hit.

poido123
09-14-2014, 06:28 PM
Yes he is. You are more likely to get an intelligent discussion by striking up conversations with chipmunks and squirrels.

:lol

Just came into the thread to say that Lebron is, was, will be always better than Durant IMO.

But I keep hearing how much I hate on Lebron all day, has to be true :rolleyes:

lilteapot
09-14-2014, 08:20 PM
No not really. I do think lebron is the best player in the world, but lets not act like it isnt close. Career wise, well no shit. But currently it certainly is. He won the MVP over bron, carried a huge load playing lots of minutes and lead OKC to 59 wins with Westbrook missing half the season. Had one of the greatest scoring season ever, 12 straight 30+ point games, 43 straight 25+ point games.

From January onwards he averaged 34/7/6 and was extremely efficient over the whole season. Although he wasnt great in the playoffs and it showed that he needs to work on his game (eg post play), he was still solid and had some huge games against 3 of the top teams in the league. And lets not act like bron was amazing either, i wasnt really impressed with his playoff performance at all really and his defense took a notable hit.
So what? Lebron had one of the greatest offensive seasons ever in 2013 by scoring 30+ points on 60% shooting in 6 consecutive games, he led his team to a 27 game winning streak, so you're just going to gloss over something like that because Durant had a great season and call it close? It isn't close at all.

Hoopz2332
09-14-2014, 08:24 PM

Bruh I was talking about all their head-to-head Matchups since 2010.. I think Durant has won 2, the one in 2014 (Miami), and I think (not checked stats/context), the 2012 one in OKC... I think, because I do know OKC won.

LBJ owns Durant more than he owns Kobe and that's saying alot since LBJ own Kobe hard:eek:

LeBron James Stampedes the Thunder in OKC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tMQsCX0z74&hd=1

LeBron catches fire to end 1st half!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c26cnWlK2Ms&hd=1

Nightly Notable: LeBron Torches the Thunder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0ClVgLKEKk&hd=1

LeBron & Durant battle to close 1st half of season!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaTbGGGm354&hd=1

http://i.imgur.com/09aOjoz.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZSN57eL.jpg

knicksman
09-14-2014, 08:28 PM
Wonder if knicksman was saying the same thing about 25 year old LeBron when he won MVP and put up 35-9-7 in the playoffs.

did he win a ring?NOpe and 2011 finals proved that lebron wasnt in his prime. Prime is when you are matured enough to win a ring.