PDA

View Full Version : Why are people putting Cp3 over Westbrook

juju151111
09-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Did people forget the WCSF and the whole playoffs?

Haymaker
09-15-2014, 11:19 AM
Because most people view Westbrook as a SG. He's way below CP3 in the playmaking, passing and court vision department.

Le Shaqtus
09-15-2014, 11:20 AM
As a point guard, CP3 is better.

As a player, Westbrook is.

MiseryCityTexas
09-15-2014, 11:54 AM
As a point guard, CP3 is better.

As a player, Westbrook is.

He's also better at singlehandedly shooting above 500 teams right out of the play-offs. He definitely does that better than Paul.

Mass Debator
09-15-2014, 12:12 PM
:biggums:

Because Westbrook has never been the best player on his team...even in college.

TheMilkyBarKid
09-15-2014, 12:12 PM
Because most people view Westbrook as a SG. He's way below CP3 in the playmaking, passing and court vision department.
Don't forget better leader and teammate too! Also cp3 doesn't do stupid shit like foul with a few seconds on the shot clock (game 4, 2012 finals).

Legends66NBA7
09-15-2014, 12:14 PM
Because they ****ing can.

dannywpt
09-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Because people tend to overreact to bad plays and poor judgement, something Westbrook displays more of. This is both a result of him playing a high intensity and high risk type of game, paired with his bball IQ being one of his weaknesses.

CP3 plays more of a low risk, under control, statpadding kind of game. It's very solid, he is very skilled, the stats look good, but when going head to head with someone like Westbrook or prime Rose, he is certainly NOT the best PG in the league.

There are 3 types of posters on this board:

1. Those who think Westbrook is the best PG in the league. These are the brightest kind of people.

2. Those who acknowledge that Westbrook is the best player at the PG position, but refuse to call him a PG because of his untraditional style. They are a bit stubborn and caught up in their nostalgic ways, but at least they appreciate what Westbrook brings to the table.

3. Those who think someone like CP3, Curry, TP, Irving or whatever is the best PG in the league. They are wrong.

:cheers:

ralph_i_el
09-15-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm a Westbrook fan but people who think he's better than CP3 almost always just like him better for style alone.

juju151111
09-15-2014, 02:07 PM
I'm a Westbrook fan but people who think he's better than CP3 almost always just like him better for style alone.
Or that he better player.

imdaman99
09-15-2014, 02:23 PM
Don't forget better leader and teammate too! Also cp3 doesn't do stupid shit like foul with a few seconds on the shot clock (game 4, 2012 finals).
Hilarious. CP3 doesn't do stupid shit guys. You heard it here first. He doesn't turn it over with 10 seconds left in the game trying to draw a shooting foul :roll:

People are in love with assist stats for PGs. Westbrook has no problem running a team. Don't get it twisted.

ralph_i_el
09-15-2014, 03:43 PM
Or that he better player.

Shooting: CP3 > Westbrook

D: CP3 > Westbrook

Passing: CP3 > Westbrook

PnR CP3 > Westbrook

Transition: Cp3 = Westbrook

Dunks: Westbrook > CP3

CP3 doesn't dunk and finishes around the rim at a SIGNIFICANTLY higher rate than Westbrook. CP3 is more efficient from EVERY RANGE than Westbrook. This is all while creating a higher % of his own shots, as opposed to scoring off an assist.

This is all coming from me, a UCLA fan who has liked Westbrook from day 1. He's a top 10 (top-15 at least) player in the NBA. Not as good as CP3

PsychoBe
09-15-2014, 05:41 PM

PnR CP3 > Westbrook

CP3 doesn't dunk and finishes around the rim at a SIGNIFICANTLY higher rate than Westbrook. CP3 is more efficient from EVERY RANGE than Westbrook. This is all while creating a higher % of his own shots, as opposed to scoring off an assist.

This is all coming from me, a UCLA fan who has liked Westbrook from day 1. He's a top 10 (top-15 at least) player in the NBA. Not as good as CP3

nope.

scorer: westbrook

transition: westbrook (easily he's the lebron of pg's when he builds a full head of steam)

defense: about the same (both play man and the passing lanes very well)

pace: westbrook (he's the engine of the thunder and his pace clearly outclasses the pace cp3 sets which is evidenced in their head to head matches in the 2nd round)

and how can you claim "efficiency" when we're talking about a pg like cp3 who barely shoots 10 shots a game :facepalm

juju151111
09-15-2014, 05:46 PM

PnR CP3 > Westbrook

Westbrook is the better scorer.
Cp3 better passer
They are equal in terms of defense.
Westbrook the better finisher.

Westbrook was top 3 in the playoffs last year

Real14
09-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Probably because Cp3 is a better playmaker and better teammate. I still think he's overrated though.

Go Getter
09-15-2014, 06:47 PM
Because he is better at basketball. People who say that RW is better are simply not basketball-minded.

knicksman
09-15-2014, 08:49 PM
Westbrook is a smaller version of lebron and cp3 is a smaller version of magic. Lebron/westbrook wins according to stupid stat nerds but result speaks otherwise. Bran is not even better than smaller version of magic(isiah) who admitted is below cp3 and you wanna compare westbrook to him. LOL

knicksman
09-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Because people tend to overreact to bad plays and poor judgement, something Westbrook displays more of. This is both a result of him playing a high intensity and high risk type of game, paired with his bball IQ being one of his weaknesses.

CP3 plays more of a low risk, under control, statpadding kind of game. It's very solid, he is very skilled, the stats look good, but when going head to head with someone like Westbrook or prime Rose, he is certainly NOT the best PG in the league.

There are 3 types of posters on this board:

1. Those who think Westbrook is the best PG in the league. These are the brightest kind of people.

2. Those who acknowledge that Westbrook is the best player at the PG position, but refuse to call him a PG because of his untraditional style. They are a bit stubborn and caught up in their nostalgic ways, but at least they appreciate what Westbrook brings to the table.

3. Those who think someone like CP3, Curry, TP, Irving or whatever is the best PG in the league. They are wrong.

:cheers:

yup the brightest thinks score first pgs are the best despite them being cancerous and havent won a ring as the man. LOL

poido123
09-15-2014, 08:56 PM
I used to say that Paul had the edge on Westbrook, but after watching some of the defense played by westbrook in the playoffs and his sheer dominance out there, I'd say he and Paul our now neck and neck.

Paul is always going to be the better pure PG with a more team friendly game.

Westbrook however can be more dominant and impactful, particularly on the scoring end...

I have them 1a 1b

ralph_i_el
09-15-2014, 10:22 PM
nope.

scorer: westbrook

transition: westbrook (easily he's the lebron of pg's when he builds a full head of steam)

defense: about the same (both play man and the passing lanes very well)

pace: westbrook (he's the engine of the thunder and his pace clearly outclasses the pace cp3 sets which is evidenced in their head to head matches in the 2nd round)

and how can you claim "efficiency" when we're talking about a pg like cp3 who barely shoots 10 shots a game :facepalm

cp3 shot 14 times per game last year
He played with a few good scorers and BG

Westbrook had over 30% usg and played with KEVIN FREAKIN DURANT.

Pointguard
09-15-2014, 10:33 PM
If Westbrook wasn't on a team with Durant he could have a chance to be the best player in the game. I just don't think CP3 has another year in him to be that.

Real14
09-15-2014, 10:35 PM
If Westbrook wasn't on a team with Durant he could have a chance to be the best player in the game. I just don't think CP3 has another year in him to be that.

I don't know about best but I do think he would have an impact a little similar to Iverson but will not be a great all around scorer like him though.

comerb
09-16-2014, 01:01 AM
Because CP3 is a better point guard...

All Net
09-16-2014, 04:32 AM
Westbrook is a better scorer but all the other areas cp is better.

NZStreetBaller
09-16-2014, 06:03 AM
CP3 trade for westbrook....

Thunder make the finals clippers get swept in 1st round.

OKC already have the best scorer if they had one of the best playmakers to set up all the other guys they'd be near unstoppable.

iznogood
09-16-2014, 06:06 AM
In my opinion CP3 is a better defender. He's clearly better at defending players off ball, Westbrook often looses his man and gets stuck on a ball. CP3 is also better at guarding pick and roll in my opinion. I'd say Westbrook is better at denying entry passes at the post on the missmatch, but overall CP3 is a better player. He's also a better player overall in my mind.

bizil
09-16-2014, 06:11 AM
I used to say that Paul had the edge on Westbrook, but after watching some of the defense played by westbrook in the playoffs and his sheer dominance out there, I'd say he and Paul our now neck and neck.

Paul is always going to be the better pure PG with a more team friendly game.

Westbrook however can be more dominant and impactful, particularly on the scoring end...

I have them 1a 1b

Well said! It really comes down to taste. Westbrook is better at the most premium asset in basketball and that's alpha dog level scoring. But CP3 has alpha dog level scoring shit too. CP3 is THE BEST in the world in terms of being a pure PG and floor general. In other words, Westbrook is a great scorer who is also a great passer. CP3 is a great passer who is also a great scorer. Usually the guys like Westbrook are SG's who can also play PG. So I can't complain if many think Westbrook is the better player. But for my PG, I would rather have Paul. AI is the most dominant scoring little guard, Isiah and Tiny are the most skilled offensive small guards ever (passing and scoring as a combo), and Paul is the best all around small guard ever!