PDA

View Full Version : Is Kyrie Irving the best third option EVER?

russwest0
09-15-2014, 09:27 PM
Or no?

Kvnzhangyay
09-15-2014, 09:29 PM
Have you ever heard of James Worthy, Dennis Rodman, Kevin Mchale, and Wilt Chamberlain sorta (behind west and baylor)?

navy
09-15-2014, 09:30 PM
lol, no

MP.Trey
09-15-2014, 09:30 PM
James Worthy

RRR3
09-15-2014, 09:32 PM
James Harden
Robert Parish
James Worthy
Tim Hardaway/Chris Mullin/Mitch Richmond (I don't know what the pecking order was)
Pau Gasol 2012
Chris Bosh
Shawn Marion
Manu Gin

Kblaze8855
09-15-2014, 09:32 PM
He isnt better than any of Run TMC, he isnt better than Baylor, Wilt, or West, he may one day be James Worthy legacy wise...maybe....

Im not sure why id put him over Robert Parish.

Or whoevber you put 3rd between John Havlicek and Sam Jones. Thats if you mean 3rd best player not scoring option...because otherwise Russell gets it.

Kyrie is a great 3.

He just isnt the best ever.

Real14
09-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Irving might be the 2nd option though.

TheMarkMadsen
09-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Depends on how well he plays this season

but a 22 year old who already has 2 ASG appearances, a FIBA MVP & and ASG MVP who is expected to be the top flight point guard in the league for years to come being your 3rd option is a huge luxury.

Real14
09-15-2014, 09:34 PM
James Worthy

I agree, with Bosh not that far behind.

TheMarkMadsen
09-15-2014, 09:36 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]James Harden
Robert Parish
James Worthy
Tim Hardaway/Chris Mullin/Mitch Richmond (I don't know what the pecking order was)
Pau Gasol 2012
Chris Bosh
Shawn Marion
Manu Gin

RRR3
09-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Gasol had a bad playoffs, but he was a great 3rd option that year. Kyrie has an excellent change to be better and I'd bet he will be in he playoffs but we don't know yet.

Also,

Bill Russell (in terms of scoring only ofc he was best player on his team)
Gail Goodrich
Jack Sikma/Dennis Johnson on championship Sonics (just going by numbers Kblaze do you know who was the 3rd option on that team?)

MP.Trey
09-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Irving might be the 2nd option though.
Personally I think he will be but we'll just have to see how everything plays out, won't we?

TheMarkMadsen
09-15-2014, 09:45 PM
not going to lie, Was really excited to watch Kyrie continue to progress and see what he could do as the go to guy on a team with some actual talent.

Kyrie & Love duo by themselves would be ****ing nasty..

kind of sucks that he's about to be relegated to "stand in the corner" because Irvings ability with the ball is what makes him the most exciting player on offense..possibly in the entire league

RRR3
09-15-2014, 09:47 PM
Never is Irving more exciting than Westbrook :coleman:

Hoopz2332
09-15-2014, 09:48 PM
He isnt better than any of Run TMC, he isnt better than Baylor, Wilt, or West, he may one day be James Worthy legacy wise...maybe....

Im not sure why id put him over Robert Parish.

Or whoevber you put 3rd between John Havlicek and Sam Jones. Thats if you mean 3rd best player not scoring option...because otherwise Russell gets it.

Kyrie is a great 3.

He just isnt the best ever.

Blaze with that knowledge again:bowdown: :applause:

TheMarkMadsen
09-15-2014, 09:48 PM

love them both but i prefer Irving

Fowl
09-15-2014, 09:51 PM
He'll be traded by the deadline lol.
Think about it, Kyrie and Waiters were beefing over touches BEFORE LeBron and K.Love hopped on, now those 2 guys will be expected to give up the ball handling duties.

Train wreck waiting to happen in CLE with Kyrie and Waiters unhappy, a new coach, and a lack of perimeter defense.

JT123
09-15-2014, 09:58 PM
:biggums: :biggums:

12 & 10 on 43% in the playoffs is GOAT 3rd option status..
But when Bosh puts up those numbers you wanna praise him as the second coming of christ. :rolleyes:

kennethgriffin
09-15-2014, 09:59 PM
ISH is getting pretty bad these days

1969 lakers

west
baylor
wilt

1970 lakers

west
wilt
baylor

1971 lakers

goodrich
west
wilt

imdaman99
09-15-2014, 09:59 PM
Serge Ibaka

- Retarded trio of branstans (branbeta, lebronzerings, dragonite4)

RedBlackAttack
09-15-2014, 10:02 PM
He has actually out-played WB on numerous occasions. In fact, with both guys on the floor in head-to-head matchups, the Cavs actually own a slight W/L advantage... mainly due to Kyrie taking over down the stretch.

Case in point...

Kyrie Irving 13pts in the last 2:51 against OKC Thunder (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIANMqJX0ig)

I think that falls under the category of "exciting."

JT123
09-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Although this is an obvious troll thread, I will answer it seriously. Harden is the greatest 3rd option of the modern era, and it's not even close. For proof let's examine what Kyrie and Harden have done on their own teams. Harden just led the Rockets to a 4 seed in the most stacked conference ever, while Kyrie missed the playoffs in the weakest conference ever. :facepalm
How did Durant not win a title with such an elite 3rd option? :wtf:

Real14
09-15-2014, 10:05 PM
Although this is an obvious troll thread, I will answer it seriously. Harden is the greatest 3rd option of the modern era, and it's not even close. For proof let's examine what Kyrie and Harden have done on their own teams. Harden just led the Rockets to a 4 seed in the most stacked conference ever, while Kyrie missed the playoffs in the weakest conference ever. :facepalm
You really want to ask that question man?

CelticBalla32
09-15-2014, 10:08 PM
OP still hasn't hit puberty

JT123
09-15-2014, 10:10 PM
You really want to ask that question man?
I know Harden struggled in that series, but as the leader Durant has to take some responsibility for that. In the previous round Harden was lighting up the Spurs, but when the Finals rolled around that all changed. Durant started hogging the ball, and thus reduced Harden into a spot up shooter. Harden needs the ball in his hands to be effective, but Durant just wasn't willing to sacrifice his precious stats.

RedBlackAttack
09-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Kyrie was 21 last season. Harden was 25 and playing with arguably the best center in the league.

Smarten up. Aren't you just coming off a ban?

DatAsh
09-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Quite a few of the guys y'all are comparing him to weren't third options. :lol at Rodman being a third option.

JT123
09-15-2014, 10:15 PM
Kyrie was 21 last season. Harden was 25 and playing with arguably the best center in the league.

I am coming off a ban, which I feel was undeserved, but I will let it go. I don't think saying Harden was a better 3rd option than Kyrie will be is unreasonable. As a Lebron fan I hope I am wrong about that, but thus far Harden has proven more in this league than Kyrie has. :confusedshrug:

navy
09-15-2014, 10:16 PM

Yeah, while I like mods having banning power, it shouldnt be use a threat when someone post things you personally disagree with....

Even though JT is clearly agenda posting to an idiotic degree.

Milbuck
09-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Stop breathing.

RedBlackAttack
09-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Yeah, while I like mods having banning power, it shouldnt be use a threat when someone post things you personally disagree with....

Even though JT is clearly agenda posting to an idiotic degree.
It has been stated that posting idiotic sh!t with no regard for actual fact all in the name of agenda will result in a ban. Jeff just banned him for it... Not any of the newly instated mods.

I asked him to smarten up. I don't think that's too much to ask.

JimmyMcAdocious
09-15-2014, 10:25 PM
Eh, a couple day ban isn't going to do anything. This isn't like rehabilitating a person. These accounts exists solely to troll. Want a repeat defender to stop then get rid of the account.

TylerOO
09-15-2014, 10:26 PM
Kobe Bryant?

Real14
09-15-2014, 10:27 PM
Kobe Bryant?
Wow. Just... wow.

RedBlackAttack
09-15-2014, 10:27 PM
Eh, a couple day ban isn't going to do anything. This isn't like rehabilitating a person. These accounts exists solely to troll. Want a repeat defender to stop then get rid of the account.
The first ban is 2-4 days. Goes up from there.

Combat Wombat
09-15-2014, 10:28 PM
It has been stated that posting idiotic sh!t with no regard for actual fact all in the name of agenda will result in a ban. Jeff just banned him for it... Not any of the newly instated mods.

I asked him to smarten up. I don't think that's too much to ask

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/nathan-fillion-well-nevermind.gif

JT123
09-15-2014, 10:29 PM

I asked him to smarten up. I don't think that's too much to ask.
But 80 percent of the posters on this site have an agenda, especially the OP. Do you think russwest0 truly believes Kyrie is the best 3rd option ever? As big as a Cavs fan as you are I'm sure not even you believe Kyrie is the best #3 ever. It's pretty clear the OP is just trying to over hype Lebron's teammates so he can put all the blame on Lebron if they don't win a title. Why is he not receiving a warning?

Collie
09-15-2014, 10:30 PM
Is he even better than Tim Hardaway (3rd option behind Chris Mullin and Mitch Richmond on the early 90's Warriors)?

fpliii
09-15-2014, 10:31 PM
It has been stated that posting idiotic sh!t with no regard for actual fact all in the name of agenda will result in a ban.

The first ban is 2-4 days. Goes up from there.
Could be a game-changer. I guess we'll see.

Marchesk
09-15-2014, 10:31 PM
Dennis Johnson as a 4th option > Kyrie

RedBlackAttack
09-15-2014, 10:32 PM
But 80 percent of the posters on this site have an agenda, especially the OP. Do you think russwest0 truly believes Kyrie is the best 3rd option ever? As big as a Cavs fan as you are I'm sure not even you believe Kyrie is the best #3 ever. It's pretty clear the OP is just trying to over hype Lebron's teammates so he can put all the blame on Lebron if they don't win a title? Why is he not receiving a warning?
Russwest was recently banned (by Jeff) for the same reason. He understands the situation. But, then again, it isn't insane to assert that -- if he actually is the 3rd option -- that he has the potential to be the best 3rd option ever. He just turned 22 and his ceiling is the best PG in the league. In general, those kind of players are not 3rd options.

Smook A.
09-15-2014, 10:34 PM
James Worthy >

Worthy won the 1988 NBA Finals MVP, made the all-star team 7 times, made the All-NBA team 2 times (3rd team only), and won 3 championships. He was just a very efficient scorer, and not to mention he was also clutch. Without him, the Lakers sure wouldn't have been as successful in the 80s. That's saying a lot for a guy who was the 3rd option. Kyrie has a ton of work to do before we can call him the best 3rd option ever.

ralph_i_el
09-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Lets see how good he is off the ball before we go crazy over him as a 3rd option.

He's not going to have half as many possessions to try and break his man down off the dribble, and he really isn't great as a spot up 3 point shooter. He actually shot WORSE in spot up situations last year than off the dribble :confusedshrug:

JT123
09-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Russwest was recently banned (by Jeff) for the same reason. He understands the situation. But, then again, it isn't insane to assert that -- if he actually is the 3rd option -- that he has the potential to be the best 3rd option ever. He just turned 22 and his ceiling is the best PG in the league. In general, those kind of players are not 3rd options.
Okay, as long as both sides are being punished I won't complain. :cheers:
I hope he does turn out to be the best #3 ever, would make for some very exciting basketball.

Paul George 24
09-16-2014, 01:29 AM
not going to lie, Was really excited to watch Kyrie continue to progress and see what he could do as the go to guy on a team with some actual talent.

Kyrie & Love duo by themselves would be ****ing nasty..

kind of sucks that he's about to be relegated to "stand in the corner" because Irvings ability with the ball is what makes him the most exciting player on offense..possibly in the entire league
PLZ LEARN HOW TO PLAY SOME DECENT DEFENCE 1ST :lol

russwest0
09-16-2014, 02:55 AM

lmao no, I was banned for saying some slightly racist shit as a joke.

i back up all of my shit with claims, logic, facts, whatever the case may be.

dubeta, jt123, etc, all just say stupid shit with no backing

Sarcastic
09-16-2014, 03:41 AM
2011 Lebron is definitely up there as well.

Wade
Bosh
Bran
:bowdown:

hahaitme
09-16-2014, 04:19 AM
So Kyrie Irving is crucified for not leading his team to the playoffs and he's better than:

TP & Ginobili (depending on which year you are looking at)
Jesus Shuttlesworth
Bosh
Wilt (20/20 in his 3rd option year)
McHale
Rodman???!?
Worthy???????
Hell I could even put Nash on this list, but he was obviously not Nash by the time he got to the lakers.

What the hell has Kyrie done aside from his recent FIBA accomplishments & allstar weekend crap to warrant comparison to some of the guys on the list above? This thread is premature, and obviously agenda driven.

SouBeachTalents
09-16-2014, 05:46 AM
2011 Lebron is definitely up there as well.

Wade
Bosh
Bran
:bowdown:

:roll:

bizil
09-16-2014, 06:06 AM
Too early to tell and he might be the 2nd option with K Love being the great third option. But even as a third option, I can't say Kyrie would be the best ever. Not a knock on him because their were many awesome third options. In particular third options who were REALLY alpha dog kind of guys. Kyrie is of that cloth too, but who knows if he will even be the third option.

NZStreetBaller
09-16-2014, 06:08 AM
irving will be 2nd option. Love will simply get put in the Bosh role. and irving will be the guy throwing lebron all those fastbreak alley oop lobs and be nailing 3 point shots and stuff you watch.