PDA

View Full Version : Will LeBron become the villian again?

JohnnySic
09-16-2014, 10:13 AM
I hope so. Its more fun that way.

JohnFreeman
09-16-2014, 10:17 AM
Celtic v Heat was the best matchup

Real14
09-16-2014, 10:22 AM
Yea, he still is.

Warfan
09-16-2014, 10:24 AM
The game in Portland during 2011 was great, when he wade went off and bron buried clutch 3's and smacked his ass and taunted the crowd and shit :oldlol:

The first game back in Cleveland was awesome as well, the atmosphere was just so intense. And he basicslly had 40 in 3 quarters.

poido123
09-16-2014, 10:33 AM
He's a changed man...

At least according to the letter :confusedshrug:

Real14
09-16-2014, 10:34 AM
He's a changed man...

At least according to the letter :confusedshrug:
That letter was a bunch of bullshit.

Hoopz2332
09-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Not happening. Repost from another thread

[quote]whereas LBJ is retuning to pre-Decison glory/love even before he made his 2nd "Desicion" to retutn to the Cavs

Poll: LeBron James Passes Michael Jordan As Most Popular Male Athlete

[quote]LeBron James can say, for at least the next year, that he has overtaken Michael Jordan. James was the most popular American male athlete in a recent Harris Poll, according to ESPN.com. Findings were based on a representative sample of 2,241 people polled last month, and Jordan topped the list last year. This is the first time that James

Nash
09-16-2014, 10:44 AM
Don't think its as much of a big deal as long as he's loved in Cleveland and rest of northeast ohio

poido123
09-16-2014, 10:44 AM
Not happening. Repost from another thread

Sample size 2,241 people?

Akrazotile
09-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Depends how ESPN decides to frame it. Thats what determines how people think.

Real14
09-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Don't think its as much of a big deal as long as he's loved in Cleveland and rest of northeast ohio
Only Ohio truly loves him and sees him as a brave hero instead of a coward and villain.

Hoopz2332
09-16-2014, 10:51 AM
Sample size 2,241 people?

You think these polls are based off of millions of people?:coleman: :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
09-16-2014, 10:57 AM
Depends how ESPN decides to frame it. Thats what determines how people think.

This

The game in Portland during 2011 was great, when he wade went off and bron buried clutch 3's and smacked his ass and taunted the crowd and shit :oldlol:

The first game back in Cleveland was awesome as well, the atmosphere was just so intense. And he basicslly had 40 in 3 quarters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GLVKAx0QM4&index=8&list=PL2oKhoYQBLr0iLxqY4S0I9ToiG6qXDj90
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvxiEQzQN4c

:oldlol: :pimp:

+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn9aaPlswic&index=5&list=PL2oKhoYQBLr0iLxqY4S0I9ToiG6qXDj90
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts6tv3dH0gU&list=PL2oKhoYQBLr0iLxqY4S0I9ToiG6qXDj90&index=3

Beast :bowdown:

38 after 3, could have gone for 50, sits down..

Nash
09-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Only Ohio truly loves him and sees him as a brave hero instead of a coward and villain.
none of that holds any merit tho'. Especially since Lebron is marketable as hell and sells stuff like there is no tomorrow.

poido123
09-16-2014, 10:59 AM
You think these polls are based off of millions of people?:coleman: :oldlol:

You had me convinced.

Long, detailed quotes too long to read.

We should all trust a poll of 2000 odd people in a country of 300 odd million :oldlol:

HurricaneKid
09-16-2014, 12:18 PM
You had me convinced.

Long, detailed quotes too long to read.

We should all trust a poll of 2000 odd people in a country of 300 odd million :oldlol:

Sample size of 2k is enormous. It is plenty to extrapolate from.

You need to complain about how the sample was collected (i.e. not a random sample).

Nate Silver predicted all 50 states in the presidential election plus all the senate elections (34?) based on polls; not a single one of which was probably 2000+ people.

Myth
09-16-2014, 12:27 PM
He is still the villain to me.

Hoopz2332
09-16-2014, 01:07 PM

You need to complain about how the sample was collected (i.e. not a random sample).

Nate Silver predicted all 50 states in the presidential election plus all the senate elections (34?) based on polls; not a single one of which was probably 2000+ people.

:cheers:

ballinhun8
09-16-2014, 01:11 PM
He'll get booed in NY, CHI, LA, IND, PHI, BOS, maybe MIA

The major markets outside of HOU/DAL. So probably still the villain. Plus it makes the NBA more interesting. His super team will be the teams opponents go 150% for.

imdaman99
09-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Why would he be a villain? It's not like he quit and colluded and formed another stacked team :confusedshrug:

JT123
09-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Lebron is a hero, and will be treated as such. How many players in NBA history would leave a team that made 4 straight Finals for a team that hadn't made the playoffs in 4 years?
As another poster mentioned, ESPN painted him as a hero, so that is how most will see him. Only reason he was booed in 2011 was because ESPN painted him as the bad guy, even though the Decision show was their idea. :oldlol: That's why Lebron went to SI instead this time.

Beastmode88
09-16-2014, 01:57 PM
]Lebron is a hero, and will be treated as such. How many players in NBA history would leave a team that made 4 straight Finals for a team that hadn't made the playoffs in 4 years?[/B]
As another poster mentioned, ESPN painted him as a hero, so that is how most will see him. Only reason he was booed in 2011 was because ESPN painted him as the bad guy, even though the Decision show was their idea. :oldlol: That's why Lebron went to SI instead this time.

What other top players jump ship after losing in the finals like that? Almost every top 10 is a lifer.

JT123
09-16-2014, 02:02 PM
What other top players jump ship after losing in the finals like that? Almost every top 10 is a lifer.
:facepalm How long have you been watching basketball? Wilt, Kareem, and Shaq would like to have a word with you. Not even Jordan was a lifer. :no:

FatComputerNerd
09-16-2014, 02:04 PM
Only way he becomes a villain again would be if he were to leave Cleveland for a second time.

His legacy would be destroyed forever.

Lebron23
09-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Nooooooooooooo

Paul George 24
09-16-2014, 02:29 PM
Celtic v Heat was the best matchup
http://www.morningprint.com/updata/user_img/nanna20140917032143.gif

Beastmode88
09-16-2014, 02:31 PM
:facepalm How long have you been watching basketball? Wilt, Kareem, and Shaq would like to have a word with you. Not even Jordan was a lifer. :no:

Lol shaq wanted to get paid. Jordan came back to play for charity.

Brokenbeat
09-16-2014, 03:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn9aaPlswic&index=5&list=PL2oKhoYQBLr0iLxqY4S0I9ToiG6qXDj90
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts6tv3dH0gU&list=PL2oKhoYQBLr0iLxqY4S0I9ToiG6qXDj90&index=3

Beast :bowdown:

38 after 3, could have gone for 50, sits down..

Your boy Kobe did something like that. 62 after 3, could've gone for 80, sits down.. (against a team that was actually good).

Beast? of course not, lol

Magic 32
09-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Lebron is a hero, and will be treated as such. How many players in NBA history would leave a team that made 4 straight Finals for a team that hadn't made the playoffs in 4 years?

Someone who was about to rig the system like never before, and looks at his teammates as engine parts.

ArbitraryWater
09-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Your boy Kobe did something like that. 62 after 3, could've gone for 80, sits down.. (against a team that was actually good).

Beast? of course not, lol

80? Why you adding 18 points brah? :lol

Yea, he could have... But 22 FT's? Dayum... 7 because Mavericks players were so upset they got a technical? Dayum...

Still, beast.

SamuraiSWISH
09-16-2014, 05:41 PM
well the narrative is positive that home town hero returns ... when in reality he was taking cowardly way out to stack the deck again to win as easily as possible. great talent but lacks any fortitude or real competitive spirit. if home was of importance to him he'd never would've left. poor Cleveland fans got cheated on, played for a fool then run back to the cheater without any dignity.

tobethdope
09-16-2014, 07:54 PM

do they really? i thing thats just embarrassing and phatetic...something like that wud never happen in european football where u have proper fans and fan-culture..imagine a player from manu going to liverpool and back again:oldlol: wud never happen; or goetze who just came from dortmund to bayern, no dortmund official wud even dare to try to sign him again...
i mean, people burned jerseys and stuff, and now they wanna cheer for him again?? how cud u look at yourself in the mirror again??

dubeta
09-16-2014, 08:30 PM
LOL in what way can lebron be the villian? This dude basically went back to his hometown.

This is the perfect storybook ending, how exactly can he be the villain?

"Oh this humble person left a multiple championship big 3 in order to go home and try and win 1"

doesnt really scream villain headline now does it?

Paul George 24
09-16-2014, 08:58 PM
LOL in what way can lebron be the villian? This dude basically went back to his hometown.

"Oh this humble person left a multiple championship big 3 in order to go home and try and win 1"

not 1 not 2 not 3 not 7 :hammerhead:

dubeta
09-16-2014, 09:01 PM
not 1 not 2 not 3 not 7 :hammerhead:

Yea exactly, he basically sacrificed his chance at that just to return home for his hometown fans. Whats the problem? :cheers:

Magic 32
09-16-2014, 09:16 PM
he basically sacrificed his chance at ...

..losing the finals in record fashion?

Cocaine80s
09-16-2014, 09:24 PM

please excuse Poido, they dont teach statistics in austrlia :lol

Hoopz2332
09-16-2014, 09:50 PM

:oldlol:

hahaitme
09-16-2014, 10:02 PM

Don't think I've seen a post from Real14 that isn't about LeBron.

No trolling here - honest question - why do you hate LeBron so much as a knicks fan? I understand that he's a rival so you can dislike him to some extent, but the way you talk about him genuinely makes it seem like you deeply hate him as a person.

I hate people too, but usually they're real people not some celebrity/athlete that I've never even met before and doesn't even know I exist.

JT123
09-16-2014, 10:07 PM

No trolling here - honest question - why do you hate LeBron so much as a knicks fan? I understand that he's a rival so you can dislike him to some extent, but the way you talk about him genuinely makes it seem like you deeply hate him as a person.

I hate people too, but usually they're real people not some celebrity/athlete that I've never even met before and doesn't even know I exist.
A lot of Knicks fans are passionate Lebron haters, which honestly makes no sense to me. Laker fans makes sense because of the Kobe rivalry. Bulls and Celtic fans is understandable because of the multiple times Lebron has knocked their teams out of the playoffs. But the Knicks fans? I honestly don't get it. :wtf:
Unless they are just mad that he didn't go to their team, and they got stuck with Carmelo instead. :oldlol:

Hoopz2332
09-16-2014, 10:10 PM
Unless they are just mad that he didn't go to their team, and they got stuck with Carmelo instead. :oldlol:

This is why:oldlol:

Megabox!
09-16-2014, 10:14 PM
A lot of Knicks fans are passionate Lebron haters, which honestly makes no sense to me. Laker fans makes sense because of the Kobe rivalry. Bulls and Celtic fans is understandable because of the multiple times Lebron has knocked their teams out of the playoffs. But the Knicks fans? I honestly don't get it. :wtf:
Laker fans hating him doesn't make sense either, I don't even think Kobe and Lbj consider each other as rivals.

JT123
09-16-2014, 10:26 PM
Laker fans hating him doesn't make sense either, I don't even think Kobe and Lbj consider each other as rivals.
They don't, the rivalry was basically created by the media. But the media controls how most fans think.

JohnFreeman
09-16-2014, 10:27 PM
They don't, the rivalry was basically created by the media. But the media controls how most fans think.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ILhdhlD62VI/Urtk1bscgsI/AAAAAAAAAqA/1bpkRS83G3Y/s1600/lebron2.gif

ballinhun8
09-16-2014, 10:47 PM
Yea exactly, he basically sacrificed his chance at that just to return home for his hometown fans. Whats the problem? :cheers:

Lmao

Sacrificed??? Please he built another super team. Stop trying to act like he did a noble thing. No way he goes back without a player like Irving already there and colluding with Love to bring him there as well.

dubeta
09-16-2014, 10:54 PM
Lmao

Sacrificed??? Please he built another super team. Stop trying to act like he did a noble thing. No way he goes back without a player like Irving already there and colluding with Love to bring him there as well.

You think LeBron is that shrewd and calculating to plan this all out and play it all off as a homecoming event? :oldlol:

Trust me this is all about going home, heck LeBron was probably ready to mentor Wiggins before Love came along

poido123
09-16-2014, 11:01 PM

Again, around 2000 people in a poll of americans with a population of over 300 million is not going to be an accurate poll.

Too many factors can affect the outcome of that poll which has a high probability for bias. Not even factoring in the geography of these people.

LOL at these two dimwits trying to tell me about statistics :oldlol:

Cocaine80s
09-16-2014, 11:05 PM
Again, around 2000 people in a poll of americans with a population of over 300 million is not going to be an accurate poll.

Too many factors can affect the outcome of that poll which has a high probability for bias. Not even factoring in the geography of these people.

LOL at these two dimwits trying to tell me about statistics :oldlol:

btw no one is gonna ****ing poll hundreds of thousands of people for this type of subject you tard

poido123
09-16-2014, 11:17 PM
btw no one is gonna ****ing poll hundreds of thousands of people for this type of subject you tard

OP was passing it off as accurate and that we should be taking notice of that poll like it means something. The whole reason I'm pointing out to you the numbers is that IT IS NOT ACCURATE and cannot be used to determine any kind of outcome.

Go away child.

JT123
09-16-2014, 11:17 PM
You think LeBron is that shrewd and calculating to plan this all out and play it all off as a homecoming event? :oldlol:

Trust me this is all about going home, heck LeBron was probably ready to mentor Wiggins before Love came along
What gets me is all the idiots who claim Lebron KNEW Love was coming. :wtf: How would Lebron have known something like that? Does he have spies in the T-wolves front office or something? :lol :lol

Cocaine80s
09-16-2014, 11:19 PM
OP was passing it off as accurate and that we should be taking notice of that poll like it means something. The whole reason I'm pointing out to you the numbers is that IT IS NOT ACCURATE and cannot be used to determine any kind of outcome.

Go away child.
the op didnt even post that poll

JtotheIzzo
09-16-2014, 11:19 PM
I hope so. Its more fun that way.

Big, strong and dominant, along with being someone who surrounds himself with talent, LeBron hate is always there waiting for the talking heads to tap into it.

We are in LeBron feel good mode now (cues 'I'm coming home') but if that changes, the ammo is there to demonize Bran. Its just the nature of his BRANd.

TheMarkMadsen
09-16-2014, 11:29 PM
What gets me is all the idiots who claim Lebron KNEW Love was coming. :wtf: How would Lebron have known something like that? Does he have spies in the T-wolves front office or something? :lol :lol

He called love to let him know he was returning to the cavs days edge e ever announced he was going back publicly.

He built another super team, he left out wiggins name in the letter. He knew what was going to happen.

imdaman99
09-16-2014, 11:32 PM

New Yorkers are a rare breed, we don't like p*ssies that quit on their teams. I don't like Vince Carter as well for that shit he pulled at the end of his Raptors career. We can respect trying and trying and continuing to fail as long as you give it your all. I love the 90s Knicks, but they didn't win shit.

Not only did bran quit on a team on the court, he left them high and dry. How can anyone with a soul have any respect for such low-class shit like that? To top it off, he does it again? The nerve of this guy. He thinks he's some kinda god? He is to some delusional branstans. But guess what, his fame and money will not prevent him from dying one day like the rest of us.

NYers have no respect for sissies. Deal with it :cheers:

poido123
09-16-2014, 11:33 PM
the op didnt even post that poll

You're right, he posted a long ass quote which took over the first page of the thread.

I sent you a PM.

Kindly f.ck off.

Cocaine80s
09-16-2014, 11:35 PM
You're right, he posted a long ass quote which took over the first page of the thread.

I sent you a PM.

Kindly f.ck off.
??
op didnt quote nobody dude wtf are you on right now? :lol

poido123
09-16-2014, 11:37 PM
??

Once you've read my PM, you should know what to do next.

Warfan
??

edit - My bad, lol. This beef is great, a 14 and a 32 year old battling it out :bowdown:

JT123
New Yorkers are a rare breed, we don't like p*ssies that quit on their teams. I don't like Vince Carter as well for that shit he pulled at the end of his Raptors career. We can respect trying and trying and continuing to fail as long as you give it your all. I love the 90s Knicks, but they didn't win shit.

Not only did bran quit on a team on the court, he left them high and dry. How can anyone with a soul have any respect for such low-class shit like that? To top it off, he does it again? The nerve of this guy. He thinks he's some kinda god? He is to some delusional branstans. But guess what, his fame and money will not prevent him from dying one day like the rest of us.

NYers have no respect for sissies. Deal with it :cheers:
:facepalm So how exactly do you think your team landed Carmelo? I'll tell you, it's because he QUIT on the Nuggets! Not only did he quit on Denver, he made your franchise gut it's roster to get him, when he could have just signed as a free agent a few months later. I guess you New Yorkers are a rare breed. You respect money grubbing losers over guys who actually care about winning. :roll:

Cocaine80s
09-16-2014, 11:39 PM
Once you've read my PM, you should know what to do next.
:biggums:

ballinhun8
09-16-2014, 11:39 PM

Yes, yes, I and 75% of america knows he is caniving enough to do something like that. Its in his arsenal.

LeBron never cared to play with Wiggins. He didn't want that many young guys. He wants 'ships. That's why he made sure Love was going to come if he came back.

It just so happens to be that it was Cleveland the place where scenario unfolded.

JohnFreeman
09-16-2014, 11:40 PM
:biggums:
Quote PM

imdaman99
09-16-2014, 11:41 PM
:facepalm So how exactly do you think your team landed Carmelo? I'll tell you, it's because he QUIT on the Nuggets! Not only did he quit on Denver, he made your franchise gut it's roster to get him, when he could have just signed as a free agent a few months later. I guess you New Yorkers are a rare breed. You respect money grubbing losers over guys who actually care about winning. :roll:
I don't even like Melo, but I see you're under the impression we love everyone who's a Knick. I root for Melo, but do not like him. If he were to do something in the playoffs or be a big part in winning a championship, I will be in that line to get his jersey. Besides, he let the Nuggets know. Very different situations. Bran weaseled himself out of town. I suppose he has the right to do whatever he wants, but I'm sure the 2 teams he quit on would have preferred a heads up.

How insecure are you? You must take after bran. Insecurity outa control. Handle it bruh :oldlol:

ballinhun8
09-16-2014, 11:42 PM
Quote PM

Why do you need to know.

Not to mention he could write anything in that quote and pass it along as real.

Cocaine80s
09-16-2014, 11:43 PM
Quote PM

You have stated that you enjoy trolling me. I don't know who you are, but I suspect you are a spin off of someone who has posted here before, likely an Alt.

I don't really want to talk to you or engage with you, so when I post something would you mind not responding to it or interacting with me in any way? That includes butting in and answering a question I ask of someone else.

If you continue to do so after I've asked you not to, I'll report you over and over until you go away.

You are a pest. I don't want to engage with someone who will go out of his way to piss me off. I only want to talk to people who are capable of discussion things in a logical and clear manner.
lol

imdaman99
09-16-2014, 11:45 PM
lol
:lebronamazed:

JT123
09-16-2014, 11:50 PM
I don't even like Melo, but I see you're under the impression we love everyone who's a Knick. I root for Melo, but do not like him. If he were to do something in the playoffs or be a big part in winning a championship, I will be in that line to get his jersey. Besides, he let the Nuggets know. Very different situations. Bran weaseled himself out of town. I suppose he has the right to do whatever he wants, but I'm sure the 2 teams he quit on would have preferred a heads up.

How insecure are you? You must take after bran. Insecurity outa control. Handle it bruh :oldlol:
Bron never gave either of those teams ANY reason to assume that he was gonna stay no matter what. Lebron made it known during his first season in Miami that him going back home was always gonna be a possibility. If Riley chose to ignore that then he is an idiot. He should have spent more time looking out for Lebron's needs instead of babying Wade all season while Lebron wore himself out trying to carry the load.
And I'm not insecure at all, just pointing out your obvious hypocrisy. :no:

Hoopz2332
09-17-2014, 10:47 AM

Kobe fans hated anyone who got more attention than Kobe. They hated Iverson, T-mac, PaulPierce, Wade, lebron and Cp3. They even hate Magic Johnson!:roll:

Lebron23
09-17-2014, 10:54 AM
Kobe fans hated anyone who got more attention than Kobe. They hated Iverson, T-mac, PaulPierce, Wafe,lebron and Cp3. They even hate Magic Johnson!:roll:

I just repped you. from 3 red bars to 2 green bars.

JohnnySic
09-17-2014, 11:13 AM

You're drinking the ESPN Cool-Aid. "Going back to his hometown to save a forelorn franchise". :oldlol:

He is going back...to a better team. The Heat were on a downturn. Wade is declining and Bosh turned into a glorified Antoine Walker.

The Cavs were loaded with young talent, and added Love as well.