PDA

View Full Version : Is James Harden worth the max?

russwest0
09-16-2014, 12:13 PM
:confusedshrug:

RRR3
09-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Harden put up 26/5/6 and 25/5/6 last two years. He's easily worth the max.

JerrySeinfeld
09-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Playoff Harden or Regular Season Harden?

dr.hee
09-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Harden put up 26/5/6 and 25/5/6 last two years. He's easily worth the max.

Harden playoff averages through 2 years with Houston:

26.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.2 apg, 4.0 topg

38.3 FG%, 31.6 3pt%, 84.5 ft%

In the regular season, maybe he's worth the max. But in the playoffs, so far I haven't seen anything to convince me he's more than a glorified second option taking way too many stupid shots.

RRR3
09-16-2014, 12:31 PM
If guys like Parsons get the max, Harden doesn't deserve it? :facepalm
Yeah Harden had a bad series against Blazers but he's a stud no doubt on my mind.

dr.hee
09-16-2014, 12:34 PM
If guys like Parsons get the max, Harden doesn't deserve it? :facepalm
Yeah Harden had a bad series against Blazers but he's a stud no doubt on my mind.

Are you trolling? The Parsons contract was made with Dirk taking a paycut in mind, resulting in a very good value for both combined. Is this news to you?

Also, Harden didn't just suck in the last playoffs. He was equally shitty the year before. Dude hasn't proven anything yet.

Legends66NBA7
09-16-2014, 12:42 PM
He's already 2x All-NBA teamer (1st team last year) and 2x all-star. Before that he was a 6th man of the year.

Sure, his playoff production is much to be desired. Still, you have to get to the playoffs first. He should improve from what's he's put up in the past. But the majority of the time, he's worth it.

Legends66NBA7
09-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Another question, Klay Thompson is seeking a max contract. Do people think he's worth a max ?

SCdac
09-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Worth the max?... no

Wil he get it? ... yes

Add him to the Joe Johnsons and Gilbert Arenas

russwest0
09-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Another question, Klay Thompson is seeking a max contract. Do people think he's worth a max ?

No, I don't. But then again I'm more conservative in regards to spending money and just throwing guys a max deal.

I know that sometimes not spending a little extra to keep talented players can bite you in the ass.

Jlamb47
09-16-2014, 12:49 PM

James Harden is definetly worth the max
Hes top 6-7 offensive player in the NBA
can play make and score

Now Klay Thompson is also potential to be a max
hes a better 2 way player but hes an off ball player IMO
Good spot up shooter who can play some D

Harden is more of a franchise player, he can do alot more with the ball in his hands. He attacks, and make plays with the best of them.He dont try on defense though

dr.hee
09-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Sure, his playoff production is much to be desired. Still, you have to get to the playoffs first. He should improve from what's he's put up in the past. But the majority of the time, he's worth it.

Exactly. Then he's worth the max.

RRR3
09-16-2014, 01:00 PM
^why are you quoting my name in a post that legends made?

Legends66NBA7
09-16-2014, 01:01 PM

Damn, I just realized that too.

:oldlol:

stalkerforlife
09-16-2014, 01:28 PM
In this watered down league, of course he's worth the max.

The talent level is dwindling not only in he NBA, but in the world.

Players are simply more athletic and less talented.

JT123
09-16-2014, 02:16 PM
Is this a serious question? LOL at the best shooting guard in the NBA not deserving a max contract! :facepalm
A better question would be is a 30 year old Bosh deserving of a max contract?

dr.hee
09-16-2014, 03:41 PM

Ha, I first deleted a few sentences and the name with it. Then I put the wrong one back in. My sincerest apologies :lol

Doranku
09-16-2014, 04:27 PM
The obvious answer is a resounding no, he's not. Threads like these really show which people understand basketball and which people don't.

A team will NEVERRRRR win a title with James Harden as the #1 option. Even with Dwight as the #1 option on the Rockets, they'll never come close to winning with Harden as the #2 either.

The dude is a liability on defense, has been exposed in the playoffs each year he's been in Houston so far, and doesn't seem like a good guy to have in the locker room either as it seems he and Dwight isolate themselves from other teammates.

I'm not sure I'd even want Harden on my team for 13-14 million a year. And ya'll are talking about this fraud deserving a max contract? :roll: C'mon guys, how many times does this guy have to embarrass himself in the playoffs before you realize his true worth?

Legends66NBA7
09-16-2014, 04:31 PM
C'mon guys, how many times does this guy have to embarrass himself in the playoffs before you realize his true worth?

What's his true worth ? Put in dollar amount.

JT123
09-16-2014, 05:15 PM
The obvious answer is a resounding no, he's not. Threads like these really show which people understand basketball and which people don't.

A team will NEVERRRRR win a title with James Harden as the #1 option. Even with Dwight as the #1 option on the Rockets, they'll never come close to winning with Harden as the #2 either.

The dude is a liability on defense, has been exposed in the playoffs each year he's been in Houston so far, and doesn't seem like a good guy to have in the locker room either as it seems he and Dwight isolate themselves from other teammates.

I'm not sure I'd even want Harden on my team for 13-14 million a year. And ya'll are talking about this fraud deserving a max contract? :roll: C'mon guys, how many times does this guy have to embarrass himself in the playoffs before you realize his true worth?
:facepalm This is a ban worthy post. Put Harden on the Spurs and he would easily be their best player, and they would EASILY win the Championship as well.

bdreason
09-16-2014, 05:16 PM
He's obviously worth a MAX deal. Would I want him on my team for the MAX? Sure, as long as I had some good defenders along side him.

I think Harden and Howard is actually a great fit, they just need to learn to play together. I don't think McHale puts these guys in the right position to succeed offensively or defensively.

Doranku
09-16-2014, 05:18 PM
:facepalm This is a ban worthy post. Put Harden on the Spurs and he would easily be their best player, and they would EASILY win the Championship as well.

:roll: Pop would have a guy like Harden shipped out after three games.

UK2K
09-16-2014, 05:26 PM
Are you trolling? The Parsons contract was made with Dirk taking a paycut in mind, resulting in a very good value for both combined. Is this news to you?

Also, Harden didn't just suck in the last playoffs. He was equally shitty the year before. Dude hasn't proven anything yet.

Does it matter why he got the max? He did.

And he didn't deserve it.

Hayward got the max because the Jazz sucks and have to keep their best players. Does that make it OK? No. He still got it though.

Harden finished 4th on the MVP ladder last season. I'm not even sure this is a serious question.

All Net
09-16-2014, 05:27 PM
Yes easily.

Kblaze8855
09-16-2014, 05:31 PM

Every team in the NBA would pay Harden the max. Go look at the top 40 contracts in the league.

What you think a max player is and what GMs do...is not the same.

You do not know basketball better.

The system is just broken. All it takes to get the max is for one team to want you bad enough to overspend and force the team youre on to go crazy matching.

You do it or you rebuild.

Perpetual rebuilding is not the goal.

NuggetsFan
09-16-2014, 08:07 PM

How many players can you win a championship with? It's like people think legendary players grow on trees and if your Joe Johnson, Arenas, Harden etc. or whoever than your awful or not worth the max. Very few NBA players have the ability to lead rosters that aren't at the top of the league to a championship or even deep playoff runs. Chris Paul is the best PG in the league and he can't even make the conference finals with another top player in the game.

James Harden is never going to win a championship by himself. He's never going to carry teams in the playoffs. He can win with the better matchup tho, and he can light up the regular season and get you into the playoffs. He's worth the max because there's at most 15 players better than him and unless your a team with one of those players you can do alot worse.

He's not an elite talent, but he's in the next tier. Won't be a top 5 player but he'll always be a top 15 player. Plus he's proven in OKC he can take a backseat to better players.

NuggetsFan
09-16-2014, 08:23 PM
Worth the max?... no

Wil he get it? ... yes

Add him to the Joe Johnsons and Gilbert Arenas

Wait until Tim Duncan retires and you don't have Parker, Manu, and Pop is gone.

Unless your landing Wiggins/Anthony Davis etc. guys like that are worth the max for most teams in the league. Not everybody can contend for 10 years and sometimes making the playoffs/2nd round etc. or having hope you can build a team like that is enough. Which is why those guys get paid.

Now guys who are abit older/have health problems deff should be questioned. Harden is 25 and already helped Houston with 2 playoff app, and 1 50 win season. He's already done enough for the max in 2 years, wait and see what happens in 4 more.

dubeta
09-16-2014, 08:25 PM
since when do people question 26/5/5 as the max??

Fudge
09-16-2014, 08:28 PM
lol wat?

GrapeApe
09-16-2014, 08:39 PM

The problem is that his game just doesn't translate well to the postseason as a 1st option, and we all know about his defense (or lack thereof). You have to give him the max though because of the numbers you posted. He's very parodoxical in that regard.

TheMarkMadsen
09-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Not at this moment. But everybody these days get max contracts.

Young X
09-16-2014, 09:03 PM
Not saying if he's worth it or not but I don't get why people keep saying "he'll never lead a team to a championship" about players nowadays. What players are capable of doing this? Bron, probably KD, who else? What is that really saying? So only one or two players are worth the max?

JohnFreeman
09-16-2014, 09:03 PM
yes...