PDA

View Full Version : Scenario: Let's say the Cavaliers traded for Kobe back in 2006

RRR3
09-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Assuming the Cavs still build their roster relatively similarly, how many rings do you see Bran and Bean winning?

ballinhun8
09-16-2014, 01:01 PM
What. Or who could Cleveland trade in order to get Kobe?

RRR3
09-16-2014, 01:02 PM
Idk let's say Kobe demanded to go there for arguments sake

#number6ix#
09-16-2014, 01:09 PM
Probably 5 all they need is a couple of 3 and D players and a rebounding center

ballinhun8
09-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Idk let's say Kobe demanded to go there for arguments sake

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AN0WqSeCKW8

But seriously. Idk.

Don't know if LeBron could be second fiddle and essentially become a spot up guy. Ala Wade 2010-now.

Demitri98
09-16-2014, 01:16 PM
So Kobe and LeBron on the same team from 2006-current?

06 - title
07 - title
08 - beat by Celtics
09 - title
10 - title
11 - title
12 - beat by OKC
13 - title
14 - beat by Spurs

...but who gets to be team captain? :eek:

Kobe 9/12 in the Finals tho

Bron 6/8

Both are top 5 all-time

Kobe is arguably GOAT

stalkerforlife
09-16-2014, 01:25 PM
Kobe would never play with Lebron in his prime, he was too competitive to team up with the best players in the league.

In HS, Kobe would let the other team take leads, just to bring them back in the 4th.

HurricaneKid
09-16-2014, 01:28 PM
He didn't make the playoffs the year the OPs scenario begins. Meanwhile, LeBron has won a playoff series every season since he turned 21.

The answer is not as many as everyone is saying. Redundant skill sets and a barren roster outside of those two is enormously problematic.

Unless you are just saying add Kobe to the Cavs from 06-current.

And then yes, I see them faring quite well.

Question: Why would adding 08 Kobe to a team that lost by 4 in G7 not be enough to push Cle over the hump against the Celtics?

stalkerforlife
09-16-2014, 01:30 PM
He didn't make the playoffs the year the OPs scenario begins. Meanwhile, LeBron has won a playoff series every season since he turned 21.

The answer is not as many as everyone is saying. Redundant skill sets and a barren roster outside of those two is enormously problematic.

Unless you are just saying add Kobe to the Cavs from 06-current.

And then yes, I see them faring quite well.

Question: Why would adding 08 Kobe to a team that lost by 4 in G7 not be enough to push Cle over the hump against the Celtics?

1. Kobe did make the playoffs in 2006 and took the #2 seed to 7 games.

2. Kobe didn't collude with superstars to form a super team in his prime, so of course he didn't win a playoff series every year.

kennethgriffin
09-16-2014, 01:34 PM
only way kobe goes to cleveland is for lebron straight up

2008-09 cavs and 2009-10 cavs won more games than the lakers

they were one of the best defensive teams in the nba

hustled way more top to bottom than the lakers.

suited kobe way more than even the lakers did due to it being a team based on kick out threes whenever lebron couldnt find his own shot.

kobe would have been able to hog the ball without disrupting or discouraging others

kobe on teams built with passing and sharing actually stunded kobe. but obviously kobe held back just enough.

kobe would have had the time of his life on a team like cleveland in the east

35ppg averages

finals every year

atleast 1 or 2 titles

Eric Cartman
09-16-2014, 01:35 PM
They would win the title from 07 to 13.

6 rings.

2 of the top 3 players in the history of the game.

Would alternate FMVP's too so trolls could eat dick.

JT123
09-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Kobe would never play with Lebron in his prime, he was too competitive to team up with the best players in the league.

In HS, Kobe would let the other team take leads, just to bring them back in the 4th.
:coleman: Then why did he team up with Howard and Nash (his former rival) 2 years ago? And don't give me any of that "Nash was an old man" crap. Nash was still putting up elite numbers the season before he joined the Lakers.

HurricaneKid
09-16-2014, 01:37 PM
1. Kobe did make the playoffs in 2006 and took the #2 seed to 7 games.

2. Kobe didn't collude with superstars to form a super team in his prime, so of course he didn't win a playoff series every year.

Kobe from age 26-28, the accepted prime, did not win a single playoff series and missed the playoffs once.

You are right, Kobe did worse. He had his superstar teammates traded because he couldn't stand to be second banana. He went from playing in the Finals 4 times in 5 years to making the second round zero times in three years.

stalkerforlife
09-16-2014, 01:38 PM
:coleman: Then why did he team up with Howard and Nash (his former rival) 2 years ago? And don't give me any of that "Nash was an old man" crap. Nash was still putting up elite numbers the season before he joined the Lakers.

Nash was finished.

Howard came off surgery.

They barely played any games with a healthy roster.

Troll.

stalkerforlife
09-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Kobe from age 26-28, the accepted prime, did not win a single playoff series and missed the playoffs once.

You are right, Kobe did worse. He had his superstar teammates traded because he couldn't stand to be second banana. He went from playing in the Finals 4 times in 5 years to making the second round zero times in three years.

Accepted by who, you?

I accept 28-32 as the prime years. At that point, you are experienced and still have your athleticism.

kennethgriffin
09-16-2014, 01:47 PM
if people think kobe was past his prime in 2008/2009/2010

then LOL@ him b*ttf*cking the league when he's not even 100%

this old hasbeen won league mvp/gold medal/gold medal mvp/finals mvp/title/finals mvp/title/gold medal with ( international contributions HOF ) poo gasoft and ( no ASG ) lamar blowdom as his only good team mates on LA... and a USA team that won bronze without him LOL

ok.. fine. kobe was long past his greatness

nba = sh*t

lebron = sh*t

duncan = sh*t

LOL

SpecialQue
09-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Don't see how they don't win more titles than Kobe/Shaq. Lebron's a great facilitator and Kobe loves taking hero shots. Both can be unstoppable monsters when they get hot. Kobe feasts on the Spurs, so if they met in the finals it would be anyone's game, and if Lebron had Kobe lighting a fire under his ass, we'd see an even scarier version of him raping opposing teams.

Jlamb47
09-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Kobe + Lebron = atleast 4-5 titles

Lebron = pass first
Kobe = shoot first

they would be a good duo kind of like MJ + Pippen but better IMO

both could defend and they couldnt be double teamed

This would be scary

kennethgriffin
09-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Don't see how they don't win more titles than Kobe/Shaq. Lebron's a great facilitator and Kobe loves taking hero shots. Both can be unstoppable monsters when they get hot. Kobe feasts on the Spurs, so if they met in the finals it would be anyone's game, and if Lebron had Kobe lighting a fire under his ass, we'd see an even scarier version of him raping opposing teams.

lebron makes his team mates worse though

i'm worried about how kobe would be affected playing with lebron

considering bosh/wade/shaq/hughes and many others

if lebron is the #1 guy and main ball handler.. i'd expect kobes stats to drop from 25-30ppg all the way down to around 18-20ppg

lebron would tell kobe to be his kick out three point shooter

on the other hand. if kobe was the main ball handler and lebron played power forward... and kobe showed lebron how to post up from day one. the cavs would be great.

tpols
09-16-2014, 01:55 PM

If you swapped Bron's 2006 cavs out west, and Kobe's 2006 Lakers out east, the Cavs(50-32) wouldve had the 5th seed, and would have had to play the 60 win Dallas Mavericks in the first round who knocked out a prime spurs team and made the Finals, while the lakers(45-37) wouldve had the 4 seed out east and wouldve gotten to play the washington wizards.

Do you wanna take bets against the fact that the cavs would have gotten DEMOLISHED by the Mavericks and the Lakers wouldve handily beaten the wiz? If so you're dumber than I thought.

Your reasoning is completely flawed because you dont account for differing strength in conferences.

JT123
09-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Nash was finished.

Howard came off surgery.

They barely played any games with a healthy roster.

Troll.
So you're saying he teamed up with them because he didn't think they would be very good? :roll: :roll: :roll:
As I said, Nash was still putting up All Star stats the year before teaming up with Kobe, he was far from finished. Kobe just couldn't play without the ball in his hands, and Nash was forced to become a useless spot up shooter.

Eric Cartman
09-16-2014, 01:57 PM

if lebron is the #1 guy and main ball handler.. i'd expect kobes stats to drop from 25-30ppg all the way down to around 18-20ppg

on the other hand. if kobe was the main ball handler and lebron played power forward... and kobe showed lebron how to post up from day one. the cavs would be great.

:roll:

stalkerforlife
09-16-2014, 02:00 PM
So you're saying he teamed up with them because he didn't think they would be very good? :roll: :roll: :roll:
As I said, Nash was still putting up All Star stats the year before teaming up with Kobe, he was far from finished. Kobe just couldn't play without the ball in his hands, and Nash was forced to become a useless spot up shooter.

Nash missed 32 games.

SpecialQue
09-16-2014, 02:03 PM

So you're saying that Kobe's a beta, then? I just want to confirm that you're saying Kobe, the guy who butted heads with fvcking SHAQ would randomly turn into a bitch and that Lebron would dominate over him. Am I correct that this is the assumption that you're making?

riseagainst
09-16-2014, 02:05 PM

what is accepted prime?

:roll:

JT123
09-16-2014, 02:09 PM
If you swapped Bron's 2006 cavs out west, and Kobe's 2006 Lakers out east, the Cavs(50-32) wouldve had the 5th seed, and would have had to play the 60 win Dallas Mavericks in the first round who knocked out a prime spurs team and made the Finals, while the lakers(45-37) wouldve had the 4 seed out east and wouldve gotten to play the washington wizards.

Do you wanna take bets against the fact that the cavs would have gotten DEMOLISHED by the Mavericks and the Lakers wouldve handily beaten the wiz? If so you're dumber than I thought.

Your reasoning is completely flawed because you dont account for differing strength in conferences.
Lebron simply does more with less. This is an established and accepted fact for anyone who isn't a Kobe stan. :confusedshrug:

RRR3
09-16-2014, 02:09 PM

Kobe won rings playing with peak Shaq, who was better than any version of LeBron, and easily better than young LeBron

Nash
09-16-2014, 02:11 PM
it would be Jordan and Pippen all over again but with Pippen being the goat.

4 rings

RRR3
09-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Guys it doesn't matter who you think is better in this case, the question is how would they do together.

riseagainst
09-16-2014, 02:18 PM
10peat.

Lord Bean
09-16-2014, 02:20 PM
Lebron simply does more with less. This is an established and accepted fact for anyone who isn't a Kobe stan. :confusedshrug:
Almost out of prime Kobe won 2 rings with just gasol. Lebrob at peak lost with prime Wade and Bosh.

tpols
09-16-2014, 02:23 PM

I dont think you comprehended the argument. HK is holding Kobe not winning a playoff series in his 'prime' against him.. which isnt even true btw because 06-08 is kobes accepted peak/prime and he/the lakers won 3 playoff series in that time span.. but ignoring that for a second.. if you were to place those laker teams out east with the records they attained they would be facing the

washington wizards in 2006
toronto raptors in 2007

while bron in that same time span out west would be facing the

dallas mavericks in 2006
san antonio spurs in 2007

The cavs would get demolished in the first round in both scenarios while the lakers would win comfortably in both their scenarios

Bron's team which made the finals out east in 2007 would have only been a 6 seed out west and wouldve faced the team that demolished him/them in the finals in the FIRST round...

TimmyDuncan
09-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Then the biggest cavs board would be twice the size of insidehoops with a sticky thread Lebron vs Kobe with 1 zillion post

Megabox!
09-16-2014, 09:01 PM
They would probably become the greatest duo of all-time. Or at the very least rival MJ and Scottie. It would be amazing to watch them play together :rockon: