PDA

View Full Version : Current teens react to original NES

hateraid
09-16-2014, 02:46 PM
30+ yo, prepare to SYH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDOZbvE01Fk#t=152

Smoke117
09-16-2014, 03:05 PM
I saw that. They would never get a game to work...they don't know you have to blow in the game and sometimes stack another game on top to get that bitch to work.

Suguru101
09-16-2014, 03:06 PM
When did Arya get hot?

Suguru101
09-16-2014, 03:07 PM
And that first Mario level is one of the best designed video game levels ever. Wow. No wonder it hooked so many people right away.

Suguru101
09-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Yet a lot of people still walk into the goomba. :oldlol:

Nintendo has done a great job keeping its best works alive and well though. :applause:

They've done a good job with Zelda and Mario. Not so much with Metroid apart from the first Prime.

And people walking into goombas at this point have either no vg experience or just do it to as an act.

oh the horror
09-16-2014, 03:16 PM
While I realize this is old to them, therefore foreign, you can't figure out which end goes into the game console?

I played an Atari once and it was "old" to me...i could still work the damn thing.

Rake2204
09-16-2014, 03:36 PM
While I realize this is old to them, therefore foreign, you can't figure out which end goes into the game console?

I played an Atari once and it was "old" to me...i could still work the damn thing.Truth. It's not exactly rocket science. If it makes you guys feel any better, I've got two teenage brothers who know full well what an NES is and how it works. Many of their friends do as well. It's a similar cartridge concept to games they've played throughout their lives (N64, various Game Boys).

That said, I watched a "Kids react to a Walkman" video and they didn't give the kids headphones at first, so I thought that was a little offsides, as some kids were perplexed when music didn't play after they pressed play. But I guess that would given things away too quickly.

Myth
09-16-2014, 03:55 PM
Yet a lot of people still walk into the goomba. :oldlol:

Nintendo has done a great job keeping its best works alive and well though. :applause:

What was the last significant character they have created? They are just rehashing things from the 80s and 90s repeatedly.

Smoke117
09-16-2014, 03:57 PM
What was the last significant character they have created? They are just rehashing things from the 80s and 90s repeatedly.

That's my main problem with nintendo and an issue they have in general. You aren't going to bring new players into your fanbase by rehashing the same shit for 25 years. They are completely oblivious to this fact to or just don't care. (most likely the latter) If you want to bring in playstation or xbox one fans then create some new ****ing IP's and stop releasing sequels and rehashes.

sixerfan82
09-16-2014, 04:23 PM
One of the lesser known reasons why level 1-1 is so good is due to the fact that it is one of the last levels actually designed.

Thorpesaurous
09-16-2014, 04:32 PM
I like these videos better than the ones with the old people reacting to stuff. The old people reacting to google glass for example.

gigantes
09-16-2014, 05:35 PM
the brit girl with the baseball hat was cute and hilarious!

blowing on a cart is one of the worst things you can do. one of better things you can do is taking a white eraser, cutting it in half, then cleaning the connectors that way.

i'd like to see how these little suckers would react to an atari 2600.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
09-16-2014, 06:04 PM
God, that girl with the backwards hat irritated the shit out of me. I couldn't watch the whole thing because of her. Stopped after they blew into the cartridge.

Kungfro
09-16-2014, 06:10 PM
To think kids growing up now will never experience the magic of Bubble bobble.

ballup
09-16-2014, 06:15 PM
4/10 died at the first goomba because they overestimated their jump. Not that bad, I expect twice that number.

Myth
09-16-2014, 06:23 PM
They have tried to have as wide demographics as possible. Keeping their old customers while promoting their new old games to younger generations is what they do.

I'm not saying they should get rid of Mario and the gang. I'm wondering why they don't inject something new in addition to what they do.

Myth
09-16-2014, 06:25 PM
I like these videos better than the ones with the old people reacting to stuff. The old people reacting to google glass for example.

The Oculus Rift one was good though. The kids react is the best series they have though. Unless they bring back Celebrities React. The comedians were great watching them react to videos, but they only did it once so far.

ballup
09-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Latest one I can recall is Olimar from Pikmin. That was in 2001 when the GC was first released

Kungfro
09-16-2014, 06:40 PM

I consider Mallo somewhat significant, mostly because I love Pushmo and Crashmo.

http://www.cubed3.com/media/2012/November/77576_CTRN_JAU_char01_1_ad_Kopie.jpg

pauk
09-16-2014, 09:02 PM
Would like to see them play Ghosts n Goblins, toughest game in universe history.

Suguru101
09-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Would like to see them play Ghosts n Goblins, toughest game in universe history.

That game was so good though! Going to dl a.. "something" and play it again

Also, Battletoads was also super tough.

hateraid
09-16-2014, 11:18 PM
That game was so good though! Going to dl a.. "something" and play it again

Also, Battletoads was also super tough.

Toughest game ever was NES Ninja Turtles

Suguru101
09-16-2014, 11:23 PM

That game was though. Never got past the second world(world, not level).

Contra is mentioned as the toughest ever, and i never even put up a serious effort into beating it from how tough i found it.

NumberSix
09-16-2014, 11:25 PM
Lol. A 30 year old NES is probably more reliable that a 3 year old XBOX 360.

Le Shaqtus
09-17-2014, 12:00 AM
Maisie Williams is adorable.

A video projector :oldlol:

AlphaWolf24
09-17-2014, 12:38 AM
forgot one big thing....

90% of all NES games had no save feature.....I had to Leave Ninja Gaiden plugged in for a week so I could beat it...

gigantes
09-17-2014, 01:04 AM
God, that girl with the backwards hat irritated the shit out of me. I couldn't watch the whole thing because of her. Stopped after they blew into the cartridge.
i think it's pretty safe to say that you haven't had an atari 2600 cartridge rammed up your ass recently enough, i mean nrly

ItsMillerTime
09-17-2014, 10:57 AM
Lol. A 30 year old NES is probably more reliable that a 3 year old XBOX 360.

Truth. I went through 3 different 360's. I still have the Nintendo 64 I played as a kid.. no issues at all.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
09-17-2014, 11:18 AM

I loved that game, but yeah, I think I never finished it. Eventually got frustrated and moved on.

ILLsmak
09-17-2014, 12:18 PM
haha... those dudes tryin to blow in the game. I think blowing helped at some point. Could also take a q tip with alcohol on it. I did a lot of shit that was probably damaging, but it worked.

Mainly, you just had to get the game seated correctly, wiggle it a bit. knawmsayin.

What's funnier is watching people get their ****ing ass kicked by these games cuz they required so much more skill.

edit: na lol. There were some tough ass games. What about battletoads? I always thought Wizards and Warriors was hard because it was so un-intuitive. Those games where you had to run into shit with your sword blew my mind.

-Smak

redhonda76
09-17-2014, 12:46 PM
edit: na lol. There were some tough ass games. What about battletoads? I always thought Wizards and Warriors was hard because it was so un-intuitive. Those games where you had to run into shit with your sword blew my mind.

-Smak

TMNT was hard but it was beatable. You just need to have patience and collect 99 scrolls. I agree, Battletoad is the very hard and I could not beat it.
These are the hard ones that is on my mind: Ninja Gaiden 1, The Adventures of Bayou Billy, Blaster Master, Gradius and Ghost N Goblins.

ILLsmak
09-17-2014, 02:24 PM
TMNT was hard but it was beatable. You just need to have patience and collect 99 scrolls. I agree, Battletoad is the very hard and I could not beat it.
These are the hard ones that is on my mind: Ninja Gaiden 1, The Adventures of Bayou Billy, Blaster Master, Gradius and Ghost N Goblins.

man I need to play blaster master again. I got all of that shit on emulators (and have since they became available), but I rarely touch it anymore. I don't have the patience to play the same level, same moment, over and over again until I get it right.

You go in a game, you play 20 minutes flawlessly to get to a hard part and then you **** up and it's like SHIT. As a kid, you'd be like nah... I'm gonna beat it. But now you just go do something else.

-Smak

CeltsGarlic
09-17-2014, 02:57 PM

I think I beat it once but maybe that was just a dream.. seems like all this happened ages ago to me..

Myth
09-17-2014, 03:11 PM

I bought an NES about 2 years ago and got that game. I beat the water level and my heart was pounding so hard I had to stop. Can't remember the last thing that made my heart pound so hard, I thought I was going to die.

~primetime~
09-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Mike Tyson's Punch Out was the hardest game...

Everyone could get to Tyson...no one could beat him, you had to be PERFECT to beat Tyson

Jailblazers7
09-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Crazy that the one girl had only played PS2 as her oldest system. I'm only 24 and even I had that and the super nintendo.

~primetime~
09-17-2014, 03:39 PM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130818021209/avgn/images/d/dc/50-ToyHallofFame-atari-2600-game-system.jpg

should have thrown this shit at them...

I'm old, when the NES came out it was a big deal to me...:/

gigantes
09-17-2014, 05:27 PM
man I need to play blaster master again. I got all of that shit on emulators (and have since they became available), but I rarely touch it anymore. I don't have the patience to play the same level, same moment, over and over again until I get it right.

You go in a game, you play 20 minutes flawlessly to get to a hard part and then you **** up and it's like SHIT. As a kid, you'd be like nah... I'm gonna beat it. But now you just go do something else.
uh dude... "save state" is ur friend

Timmy D for MVP
09-18-2014, 12:35 AM
Teens (who don't know what video games are) react to original NES.

Like... any gamer knows what's up.