PDA

View Full Version : Question for REAL Cleveland fans

JT123
09-16-2014, 08:08 PM
If the team had the chance to trade Kyrie for Westbrook would you guys be down for it? As I Lebron fan I would love it, as Westbrook is the more established player. I haven't watched Kyrie very much over his first few years, but does anyone think he can be better than Westbrook eventually?

mattvNJ
09-16-2014, 08:13 PM
theres only like 2 real ones on this board. Good luck getting cavs fan answers

dubeta
09-16-2014, 08:19 PM
Cavs fan since 2001 here, but I'd trade the entire roster except LeBron for the chance at Westbrook :cheers:

RedBlackAttack
09-16-2014, 08:23 PM
If the team had the chance to trade Kyrie for Westbrook would you guys be down for it? As I Lebron fan I would love it, as Westbrook is the more established player. I haven't watched Kyrie very much over his first few years, but does anyone think he can be better than Westbrook eventually?
Not a chance in hell.

Cavs fan since 2001 here, but I'd trade the entire roster except LeBron for the chance at Westbrook :cheers:
Troll warning initiated.

CavaliersFTW
09-16-2014, 08:26 PM
Eh, what do you gain? Better perimeter defense by virtue of Westbrook's superior athleticism? But you'd still have a score-first bias point guard at the end of the day, and from what I've seen Westbrook has a lower floor IQ and worse handle on the floor than Kyrie, so his superior length and athleticism wouldn't come for free. Both are equally competitive minded, you can tell both practice religiously and compete hard.

Meticode
09-16-2014, 08:28 PM
No, for how good a player like Westbrook is, I feel he plays way out of control sometimes and hurts the team. He has that alpha killer mentality, but half the time it's un-needed when the ball should be going to Durant logically. Also what the Cavaliers need is three point shooting which Irving provides, Westbrook isn't as good at that.

in the end, I'm not saying Irving is better than Westbrook overall, because he's not. But I think Irving fits better on this team than Westbrook would.

You can bring defense into the argument, but that doesn't change my mind.

RedBlackAttack
09-16-2014, 08:31 PM
First, being a fan of a team, you grow fond of players you've watched over a number of years. Player fans would not understand this phenomena.

Aside from that, with Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters on the roster, the Cavs have a potentially very bright future as well as an incredible present. Irving will be entering the same phase Westbrook is this season.... in over three years.

Westbrook turns 26 in the early part of the season. Kyrie will be 22 for most of the year.

JT123
09-16-2014, 08:42 PM
Welcome back bro. :cheers: But try to cut back a little on the trolling. The Kobe stans have put a target on every Lebron fan's back, and will mass report us for anything that even slightly resembles trolling.

dubeta
09-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Welcome back bro. :cheers: But try to cut back a little on the trolling. The Kobe stans have put a target on every Lebron fan's back, and will mass report us for anything that even slightly resembles trolling.

I know, we're turning into an endagered species on this site because of a few posters who dont like to have fun.

But on a side note thanks bro, good to be back :cheers:

Where's the rest of the Family? Dragic, encre, lebronxrings? etc

JT123
09-16-2014, 08:53 PM
I know, we're turning into an endagered species on this site because of a few posters who dont like to have fun.

But on a side note thanks bro, good to be back :cheers:

Where's the rest of the Family? Dragic, encre, lebronxrings? etc
I just came off a ban yesterday, and now that I'm back Lebronxrings is locked up again. :(
I think that guy gets an unfair rap. He honestly doesn't even troll that much, especially compared to posters like 20four and PaulGeorge24. Makes no sense to me that Lebronxrings is constantly getting banned when those guys never do.

DukeDelonte13
09-16-2014, 08:53 PM
I would not.

dubeta
09-16-2014, 08:58 PM
I just came off a ban yesterday, and now that I'm back Lebronxrings is locked up again. :(
I think that guy gets an unfair rap. He honestly doesn't even troll that much, especially compared to posters like 20four and PaulGeorge24. Makes no sense to me that Lebronxrings is constantly getting banned when those guys never do.

Free lebronxrings! :applause: :cheers:

yea theres a whole bunch of trolls that arent lebron fans

20four with his personal insults, and that laker fan that likes talking about d*ck sizes and stuff smh :facepalm

BAnning us is like the government focusing on the war on drugs when there are more pressing matters like the ebola virus

JT123
09-16-2014, 09:03 PM
So looks like the general consensus is no. I know that Westbrook makes a lot of dumb plays, but I feel like playing with Lebron would really help him improve in this area. Lebron is obsessed with efficiency, and that tended to rub off on his teammates in Miami. For all the talk about Wade's game supposedly getting worse, he had the 4 most efficient seasons of his career with Lebron as his teammate. I'm sure Lebron will have a similar effect on his new Cleveland teammates.

RoundMoundOfReb
09-16-2014, 09:05 PM
Westbrook + LeBron might me too redundant....Although the fast-breaks would be amazing.

Paul George 24
09-16-2014, 09:08 PM

fake cavs fans :lol

Paul George 24
09-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Free lebronxrings! :applause: :cheers:

yea theres a whole bunch of trolls that arent lebron fans

20four with his personal insults, and that laker fan that likes talking about d*ck sizes and stuff smh :facepalm

BAnning us is like the government focusing on the war on drugs when there are more pressing matters like the ebola virus

but u re not a cavs fans,u just a 12years old lebron stan :hammerhead:

dubeta
09-16-2014, 09:11 PM
fake cavs fans :lol

So are you saying that I'm not gonna be rooting for the cavs this year? :lol

Beastmode88
09-16-2014, 09:11 PM

At least be subtle about bandwagoning. :facepalm
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10128765&postcount=1

RedBlackAttack
09-16-2014, 09:12 PM
He's not bandwaggoning, he's trolling real Cavs fans. And I don't like it. :mad:

JohnFreeman
09-16-2014, 09:12 PM
Westbrook would not be a good fit with LeBron

Paul George 24
09-16-2014, 09:14 PM
So are you saying that I'm not gonna be rooting for the cavs this year? :lol

u are 12 years old lebron stan,but not a cavs fans since 2001 :banana:

Paul George 24
09-16-2014, 09:15 PM
owned :lol

dubeta
09-16-2014, 09:15 PM

LOOOL what

So I basically made a prediction, and because of said prediction, im a Heat fan?? :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

WHAT DOES MAKING A PREDICTION HAVE TO DO WITH BEING A FAN???

all i said is I thought Miami might win in 6 games, that it

your accusation is pretty lame

Mods I think he's trolling :facepalm

qrich
09-16-2014, 09:16 PM
I'm not a Cleveland fan, but no, you do not do that deal, even if Westbrook is superior to Irving, in nearly every aspect of the game, but the one that is the most important next to Bron, which is shooting, at least, imo.

RedBlackAttack
09-16-2014, 09:19 PM
I'm still curious to see how Kyrie and LeBron fit together, let alone Russell Westbrook who managed to accumulate a 34.4% usage rate while playing alongside the second best player in the NBA.

The one thing you absolutely need as a guard next to James is shooting and Kyrie has that in spades... Westbrook is a below average 3-point shooter. He's good from midrange, but the vast majority of those are pull-ups off the dribble.

They're just not a good offensive pairing aside from the sheer athleticism.

LeBron is going to have to adjust his game for he and Kyrie (and Dion Waiters, for that matter) to get the most out of one another.... but, at the very least, Kyrie is going to be a dead-eye shooter on those drive and kicks that he loves so much.

Paul George 24
LOOOL what

So I basically made a prediction, and because of said prediction, im a Heat fan?? :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

excuse :lol

Cocaine80s
Westbrook and Lebron wouldnt fit at all.

It'll look like 2013-2014 Wade+Lebron at best.

Kyrie>Westbrook in a few years from now too btw

RedBlackAttack
LOOOL what

Stop.

Paul George 24
09-16-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm still curious to see how Kyrie and LeBron fit together, let alone Russell Westbrook who managed to accumulate a 34.4% usage rate while playing alongside the second best player in the NBA.

The one thing you absolutely need as a guard next to James is shooting and Kyrie has that in spades... Westbrook is a below average 3-point shooter. He's good from midrange, but the vast majority of those are pull-ups off the dribble.

They're just not a good offensive pairing aside from the sheer athleticism.

LeBron is going to have to adjust his game for he and Kyrie (and Dion Waiters, for that matter) to get the most out of one another.... but, at the very least, Kyrie is going to be a dead-eye shooter on those drive and kicks that he loves so much.

weastbrooks is a much defender than kyrie e ever dream

Warfan
09-16-2014, 09:23 PM

Bro, you're not owning him. He has gotten you to constantly respond to him and his alts trolling for months now. Even got you to put up a bron avatar, you realize that you're doing exactly what he wants you to do, right?

Paul George 24
09-16-2014, 09:24 PM
defence win champion,can kyrie play decent defence :lol

Cocaine80s
09-16-2014, 09:26 PM
defence win champion,can kyrie play decent defence :lol
he can actually

Beastmode88
09-16-2014, 09:27 PM
LOOOL what

Yawns... you wrote a paragraph for someone attempting to troll you? Does that mean your jimmies has been rustled?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10122426&postcount=1
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10107763&postcount=1

JT123
09-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Westbrook and Lebron wouldnt fit at all.

It'll look like 2013-2014 Wade+Lebron at best.

Kyrie>Westbrook in a few years from now too btw
2013-14 Wade was playing on one leg half the time. Current Wade isn't on the same planet as current Westbrook. :no:

GrapeApe
09-16-2014, 09:54 PM
2013-14 Wade was playing on one leg half the time. Current Wade isn't on the same planet as current Westbrook. :no:

Say what you want about Wade, but he became one of the best off-ball players in the league. I'm not sure Westbrook is capable of that and I think he would end up taking turns with LeBron, similar to what he currently does with Durant. I think Kyrie's shooting ability makes him a much better fit.

JT123
09-16-2014, 10:02 PM
Say what you want about Wade, but he became one of the best off-ball players in the league. I'm not sure Westbrook is capable of that and I think he would end up taking turns with LeBron, similar to what he currently does with Durant. I think Kyrie's shooting ability makes him a much better fit.
Wade is a better off ball player, but Westbrook is a much better all around player, so at this point I think him and Lebron taking turns would be better than Lebron and Wade working in unison. :confusedshrug:
The Heat almost won a Championship in 2011 with prime Wade and prime Lebron taking turns, so it's not impossible to win with that play style.

TheMarkMadsen
09-16-2014, 10:08 PM
So is this what we get to look forward to for the season?

JT, Dubeta & his squad of dip shits creating threads on how Love & Kyrie aren't as good as so and so..

dubeta
09-16-2014, 10:13 PM
So is this what we get to look forward to for the season?

JT, Dubeta & his squad of dip shits creating threads on how Love & Kyrie aren't as good as so and so..

Kobe fans throwing gasol, odom, dwight, nash under the bus

Durant fans throwing perkins, scott brooks under the bus

etc.

JT123
09-16-2014, 10:36 PM

etc.
This. Every player fan is guilty of taking the supporting cast for granted, so trying to single out Lebron fans is dumb.

Paul George 24
09-16-2014, 10:53 PM
he can actually

no...........I watched him sinCe his rookies year,HE CAN'T STAY IN FROINT HIS PLAYER,GET BEAT BY PICK & ROLL,he is just a worse defender than calderon :banana:

Cocaine80s
09-16-2014, 10:54 PM
no...........I watched him sinCe his rookies year,he is just a worse defender than calderon :banana:
i watched him play defense since he was a kid

im his dad

Paul George 24
09-16-2014, 10:56 PM

etc.
AND U THROWING WADE,BOSH,RAY GUN AND CHAMBLERS UNDER THE BUS:roll:

dubeta
09-16-2014, 10:57 PM
AND U THROWING WADE,BOSH,RAY GUN AND CHAMBLERS UNDER THE BUS:roll:

No I respect them all as decent NBA players

Paul George 24
09-16-2014, 10:57 PM
i watched him play defense since he was a kid

im his dad
DAD ALWAYS DEFENDING AND MAKE EXCUSE FOR HIS SON,I KNOW

Nowitness
09-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Cleveland fan since 2001. And no, i would not make that trade.

Kyrie won more awards than any other nba player on earth last year. Show some respect.

Paul George 24
09-16-2014, 10:58 PM
No I respect them all as decent NBA players
NICE JOKE :applause:

poido123
09-16-2014, 11:12 PM
Shall I even comment in this abortion of a thread?

OP please stop posting/making threads.

Keno
09-17-2014, 12:03 AM
just on westbrook's defense alone i would have to say yes.

JT123
09-17-2014, 12:06 AM

Please take your own advice. No one on this board likes you. It seems the only reason you even come here is to bitch and cry about Rose haters and accuse people of being alts. :sleeping
You and Dengness9 have to be the whiniest posters on this site. Future negged.

Beastmode88
09-17-2014, 12:12 AM
Please take your own advice. No one on this board likes you. It seems the only reason you even come here is to bitch and cry about Rose haters and accuse people of being alts. :sleeping
You and Dengness9 have to be the whiniest posters on this site. Future negged.

And people like you and the "Lebron Family'? How come you guys accumulated more bans than russell has rings?

RedBlackAttack
09-17-2014, 12:15 AM
just on westbrook's defense alone i would have to say yes.
Your opinion is not desired in this thread. Thread title is "Question for REAL Cleveland fans." In other words, not you.

JT123
09-17-2014, 01:08 AM

Don't pm me anymore dude, I don't respond to those. Anything you have to say to me you can say here where everyone else can see. As for your request for me to leave the board, I will leave as soon as you stop being a crybaby. Deal?

All Net
09-17-2014, 02:23 AM
Wouldn't eo know can't imagine Westbrook being happy sharing with two others.

El Gato Negro
09-17-2014, 04:47 AM
Not a chance Irving just willingly signed a max extension he can retire a cav as far as im concerned.

dubeta
09-17-2014, 04:53 AM
imo lebron will probably bring out the best in westbrook

Right now, westbrook is immature and doesnt grow up since coaching staff and teammates are too scared to talk to him

LeBron will mentor him and turn westbrook into a beast

westbrook would probably average 26/6/4 under LeBron's guidance :applause: :bowdown:

poido123
09-17-2014, 04:54 AM
Not a chance Irving just willingly signed a max extension he can retire a cav as far as im concerned.

Cavs and Irving look pretty rock solid man, I don't see them tinkering too much with what they have now as a core.

Winning will only help strengthen any issues.

poido123
09-17-2014, 04:56 AM
imo lebron will probably bring out the best in westbrook

Right now, westbrook is immature and doesnt grow up since coaching staff and teammates are too scared to talk to him

LeBron will mentor him and turn westbrook into a beast

westbrook would probably average 26/6/4 under LeBron's guidance :applause: :bowdown:

Why do you keep talking about Westbrook?

Irving has just signed a 5 year contract? Good sign that he's in the longterm plan for the cavs.

I honestly don't know why you keep going on about it.