PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Jackson article - DRose just finished Step 1 on the road back to GREATNESS!

TheTruth11
09-17-2014, 04:01 PM
DRose had different goals than everyone else at the World Cup. Step 1 was getting his body to adjust to the day to day demands of basketball. Step 2 to will be his return to greatness - the return to the dominant player he once was. After essentially being away from basketball for more than 2 years, step 2 will take time.... but I personally believe that he will get there by the time the playoffs roll around.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11538650/derrick-rose-next-step-dominate-again-chicago-bulls

Rose's next step: Dominate again

USA experience proved a lot, but the biggest test for the Bulls star is looming

Updated: September 16, 2014, 4:02 PM ET

By Scoop Jackson | ESPNChicago.com

Derrick Rose's shot wasn't there during the FIBA World Cup, but he showed he can still be explosive.Now it's over. Now, it finally begins.

In two weeks, the real, real return of Derrick Rose begins. Inside the new facilities, inside a Chicago Bulls (not Team USA) practice jersey wearing the No. 1 instead of Nos. 41 or 6, between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans where his jump shot falls. Not fails.

He gave himself an A, when asked how would he grade his overall performance during the FIBA Basketball World Cup. Despite the suspect assist-to-turnover ratio, the anemic outside shooting, the visible problems he had finishing, and the fact that once he lost his starting spot to Kyrie Irving he never got it back, Rose still personally won.

That's why Rose is looking at this whole experience differently than everyone else. He has no other choice.

"I'm going to transfer this on to next season with the Bulls," Rose said Sunday. "It's really helped me with my recovery. Being off the floor, taking care of my body, eating right. I was feeling good every time I stepped on the floor, stretching every time; I think it's going to help me with the Bulls season."

If we want to read deep into Rose's comments, a conclusion could easily be drawn that once he made the team he took his foot off the gas. Saving himself for the long haul, for when he's really going to be needed, for his legacy.

There's a ridiculously optimistic Tao Te Ching-ish view from D-Rose's World Cup experience. He wasn't carried off and didn't limp off the court in any game, at any time. And in the 15-step process that we are about to go through before the back-to-being-his-full-self D-Rose actually returns, that was his Step 1.

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau, left, believes the World Cup experience was good for Derrick Rose.Understand, we've been through this with him before, but he's the one who has had to live through it and live with it. There is no "outside looking in" for Rose. Everything is coming from the inside. So while we watch from afar and critique his summer, he's living with getting over a recent path that had to have him wondering if he was about to be Chicago's basketball version of Gayle Sayers.

And more than anything, that has to be the takeaway: Rose has thus far survived. And now that he knows he's survived these past six weeks of playing catch-up to players who have gotten two years better since the last time he played against them, his mind is right to finally take Step 2.

It's a step he hasn't been able to take, honestly, since he injured his toe in Week 3 of the 2011-12 season, when it all began to fall apart.

In the latter stages of building the Team USA squad, when Rose was the talk of the team and U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski was saying Rose was basically back to being elite, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau told ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd: "I think [this] is ideal for him, to be honest with you, in this particular case. It's good for Derrick. It's been great for him, actually."

That proved oddly true even as it's been a part of the process that too many on the outside seem to want to rush. In this desperate hope for the Return of Pooh, the process should not be rushed. As long as Thibs and Derrick (and Derrick's brother Reggie) don't rush this return to greatness, then greatness has a strong chance for a return.

There were glimpses during FIBA play. We all have to admit that much. And that's what we'll hold on to, what Rose himself will build off. But now that it's over, those glimpses have to morph into the norm. The minute he steps through the doors of the Advocate Center for the preseason-opening practice with the Bulls on Sept. 29, Rose must focus on being unstoppable instead of fitting in, finding his rhythm and wondering whether his body can withstand a return to the NBA.

This World Cup just proved (to him, maybe not everyone else) that it can. And that's 99 percent of what counts. The other 1 percent is in the hands of someone else.

From this point on, the biggest problem Rose (hopefully) should have to face is how he's going to adjust to coming back to a team that is no longer his. During Rose's absence on the court, Joakim Noah has become the heart, soul and spirit of how the Bulls roll. And even though Noah has consistently made it clear that the team is still Derrick's, unless Noah changes who he is, it's going to be hard for that dynamic to re-establish itself in Rose's favor.

But that's what training camp, preseason and the next eight months are for. And if there have been no physical setbacks by the time the playoffs start, then we'll all be able to look back at this summer -- despite how far he is from being the player who interrupted LeBron James' MVP four-peat -- as the best thing that's happened to Derrick Rose in a very long time.

russwest0
09-17-2014, 04:03 PM
goddamn lol, I've never seen a return campaign run for so long.

he was 100% last year and played like shit until he got hurt again

riseagainst
09-17-2014, 04:04 PM
back to GREATNESS? He never had greatness to begin with, imho. He was an above average player, but not great.

uber
09-17-2014, 04:08 PM

:lol

back to GREATNESS? He never had greatness to begin with, imho. He was an above average player, but not great.

:coleman:

Cocaine80s
09-17-2014, 04:09 PM

:oldlol:

HurricaneKid
09-17-2014, 04:13 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and give myself an A for my NBA career. I'm not judging it on actually playing well but being able to get out on the court each day is an achievement worthy of the best grade possible.

Beta. As. ****.

oarabbus
09-17-2014, 04:36 PM

:roll:

The_Pharcyde
09-17-2014, 04:43 PM

username of PG who is always compared to Rose

A Lebron fan who like other lebron fans always hate on Rose

I'm gonna go ahead and give myself an A for my NBA career. I'm not judging it on actually playing well but being able to get out on the court each day is an achievement worthy of the best grade possible.

Beta. As. ****.
Hurricane kid probably from Miami and also a Heat fan

Notice a trend, regular players don't get haters from other fans of great players

HurricaneKid
09-17-2014, 04:46 PM
username of PG who is always compared to Rose

Hurricane kid probably from Miami and also a Heat fan

Notice a trend, regular players don't get haters from other fans of great players

Guy shot 20% TS% lower than any other player on the team and said he gve himself an A for his play. We aren't hating on him. We are laughing at him. I don't respect him enough to hate him.

Burgz V2
09-17-2014, 04:46 PM

this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board.

SyRyanYang
09-17-2014, 04:48 PM
this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board.

He wasn't above average?

The_Pharcyde
09-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Guy shot 20% TS% lower than any other player on the team and said he gve himself an A for his play. We aren't hating on him. We are laughing at him. I don't respect him enough to hate him.

damn you don't respect him enough, my bad bro I didn't know it was like that

Hey Yo
09-17-2014, 04:53 PM
He's really a Kobe fan.

Just says he's a LeBron for attention.

Hey Yo
09-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Step 1 was getting his body to adjust to the day to day demands of basketball.
If his body wasn't ready for the demands, why did he make the team??

Was 18mpg in the FIBA's enough to try to get his body ready?

TheTruth11
09-17-2014, 05:30 PM

It was NEVER said that his game was 100% last year. NEVER. Only that it was believed that his health had returned to 100%. There is a difference. Up until the time that he re-injured himself 10 games into the season last year everyone said that he was still working the rust off of his game.

Pointguard
09-17-2014, 05:43 PM

You obviously didn't read the OP.

I'm gonna go ahead and give myself an A for my NBA career. You know people are desperate when they have to change words to feel legit.

I'm not judging it on actually playing well but being able to get out on the court each day is an achievement worthy of the best grade possible.

Beta. As. ****.
Why is it that I know your favorite player of all time, or anybody on the history of your team was never Alpha enough to claim at 22 years of age to be claim the top individual prize in the league when a top five "player" of all time just hit his peak. How do I know that and can boast it without worry you can come back at me. It could be because I know you don't have a clue of what the word Alpha or Beta means and that you are just desperate.

Dengness9
09-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Good article :applause:

As for the usual crybaby haters.....

These hoes keep callin', I ain't pickin up.

nathanjizzle
09-17-2014, 08:58 PM
http://oi58.tinypic.com/2qnm5h0.jpg

nathanjizzle
09-17-2014, 08:59 PM

Beta. As. ****.

so you wouldnt give yourself an A for making the NBA? Its all about context and perspective, something you are not smart enough to comprehend.

Jameerthefear
09-17-2014, 09:02 PM
Rose is trash

TheTruth11
09-17-2014, 09:25 PM
Rose is trash

Yeah the youngest MVP in the history of the game is trash. Yeah the guy with the $100 MILLION DOLLAR shoe deal is trash.:roll:

Damn, the hate on this fool is strong:facepalm

nathanjizzle
09-17-2014, 09:27 PM
Yeah the youngest MVP in the history of the game is trash. Yeah the guy with the $100 MILLION DOLLAR shoe deal is trash.:roll:

Damn, the hate on this fool is strong:facepalm
:biggums:
why do you still respond to this guy?

Cocaine80s
09-17-2014, 09:45 PM
Rose is trash
In.

TheTruth11
09-17-2014, 10:08 PM
:biggums:
why do you still respond to this guy?

Haa. You are so right Nathan. Because I have been so busy with work and haven't been able to post much so I sometimes forget who the true trolls and haters are. My bad. That dude is a waste.

HurricaneKid
09-18-2014, 01:14 AM
You obviously didn't read the OP.
You know people are desperate when they have to change words to feel legit.
Why is it that I know your favorite player of all time, or anybody on the history of your team was never Alpha enough to claim at 22 years of age to be claim the top individual prize in the league when a top five "player" of all time just hit his peak. How do I know that and can boast it without worry you can come back at me. It could be because I know you don't have a clue of what the word Alpha or Beta means and that you are just desperate.

Probably the first time I have used that word on this site. But yeah I absolutely stand by it. If he comes out and says "I'm not playing to the standards I have set for myself and I know I have a lot of work to get done in order to lead my team to where we want to go." Then we are good. But he was playing against backups and had a horrendous tournament and said he gives himself an A. If that's an A for him the Bulls might as well start rebuilding now. Because they aren't winning **** with him laying at that level.

And **** his MVP. It was a joke. That teams bench had Taj, Asik, Korver, and Watson on it. He ranked 34th in the league and second on his team in RAPM. Like I said earlier, I don't care enough about him to hate. He was a good player years ago and I haven't seen anything in the last two years to suggest he isn't in the bottom 10 starting PGs in the league right now.

Pointguard
09-18-2014, 02:27 AM
Probably the first time I have used that word on this site. But yeah I absolutely stand by it. If he comes out and says "I'm not playing to the standards I have set for myself and I know I have a lot of work to get done in order to lead my team to where we want to go." Then we are good. But he was playing against backups and had a horrendous tournament and said he gives himself an A. If that's an A for him the Bulls might as well start rebuilding now. Because they aren't winning **** with him laying at that level.
Everything in your life is relative to where you are in your life. An A here isn't going to be an A later in your life. He was one of the best in the world in what he does. This obviously isn't an A in his first USA competition. He's been rusty - he obviously has a different standard for what he's going through in his life now. High achievers set their own standard, the chatter of others means nothing to them.

You think any body on this board knows what's its like to be up there with the best, can school Rose on what standards he should have with his current challenges? His path, his decisions, his standards will have to do. The other stuff won't do him any good. You might give him a pointer on posting (to this board), but you are in a different universe when it comes to basketball.

Dresta
09-18-2014, 05:10 AM
ESPN just won't give up the hyping of Rose :facepalm

Guess then they'd have to admit his 2011 MVP was a piece of media-manufactured bullshit.

swagga
09-18-2014, 08:43 AM
never understood the hype behind rose.

Imo he is borderline unintelligent (interviews..:lol ).
He can be easily game planned as an alpha (see fiba 2010, fiba 2014, series vs heat, etc). He has no real counter moves when the lane is clogged. No post game, no intelligent off the ball moves like tony parker, no steady outside shot.
His defensive impact is nothing to talk about.
And now he has a history of injuries but he won't change anything about the way he plays.

He is a great system player, I will give you that, it'll work great in the regular season against the worse teams.

But no way, NO WAY should he have won that MVP over lebron, howard, dirk, wade, kobe or durant who were much more instrumental in their teams success. Chicago's MVP has always been their defense (coach + bigs) and effort, as we could see in 2012 , 2013, and 2014.

stephanieg
09-18-2014, 09:14 AM
Maybe. But he makes pretty layups! Ooh!

dr.hee
09-18-2014, 09:44 AM
Everything in your life is relative to where you are in your life. An A here isn't going to be an A later in your life. He was one of the best in the world in what he does. This obviously isn't an A in his first USA competition. He's been rusty - he obviously has a different standard for what he's going through in his life now. High achievers set their own standard, the chatter of others means nothing to them.

You think any body on this board knows what's its like to be up there with the best, can school Rose on what standards he should have with his current challenges? His path, his decisions, his standards will have to do. The other stuff won't do him any good. You might give him a pointer on posting (to this board), but you are in a different universe when it comes to basketball.

Good post, but way too intelligent for the average ISH poster. Rose looked pretty close to his old self in terms of athleticism, which is the most important thing. Everything else is a matter of just practicing and above else playing a lot of competitive games. The feel for the game will come back with time, so will his scoring skills.

For many ISH morons, there are two options for a basketball player to perform...you're either dominating, or getting schooled. Players are either GOAT, or total scrubs. Not much in between. Now here's a guy who basically hasn't played regular professional basketball for two years. Knee injuries have totally destroyed numerous athletes before and he's coming back, looking like he has a decent shot at getting back to his old athleticism. That has to be his main goal, that's why he has every reason to be happy and rightfully gives himself an A. If his athleticism is back, everything else will follow with time.

Real life is not some 2k14 bullshit, which some posters might not grasp. The rule of thumb is that with major injuries, it's not rare for players to need the same amount of time they couldn't play in order to get to 100% of their pre-injury abilities. Rose right now after major knee injuries is back to being one of the most athletic guards on the planet. ISH armchair quarterbacks are not impressed though? F*ck them.

I<3NBA
09-18-2014, 10:12 AM
Rose's next step: Dominate again

USA experience proved a lot, but the biggest test for the Bulls star is looming

Updated: September 16, 2014, 4:02 PM ET

By Scoop Jackson | ESPNChicago.com

Derrick Rose's shot wasn't there during the FIBA World Cup, but he showed he can still be explosive.

<pop> (that's his knees "exploding")

Now it's over.

Short article.

Pointguard
09-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Good post, but way too intelligent for the average ISH poster. Rose looked pretty close to his old self in terms of athleticism, which is the most important thing. Everything else is a matter of just practicing and above else playing a lot of competitive games. The feel for the game will come back with time, so will his scoring skills.

For many ISH morons, there are two options for a basketball player to perform...you're either dominating, or getting schooled. Players are either GOAT, or total scrubs. Not much in between. Now here's a guy who basically hasn't played regular professional basketball for two years. Knee injuries have totally destroyed numerous athletes before and he's coming back, looking like he has a decent shot at getting back to his old athleticism. That has to be his main goal, that's why he has every reason to be happy and rightfully gives himself an A. If his athleticism is back, everything else will follow with time.

Real life is not some 2k14 bullshit, which some posters might not grasp. The rule of thumb is that with major injuries, it's not rare for players to need the same amount of time they couldn't play in order to get to 100% of their pre-injury abilities. Rose right now after major knee injuries is back to being one of the most athletic guards on the planet. ISH armchair quarterbacks are not impressed though? F*ck them.
Thanks Doc.

HurricaneKid
09-18-2014, 10:43 AM

Meh. We aren't that far off after all. But this bolded part is where I would part ways. High achievers strive for enormous leaps. High achievers are disappointed with success; they want to be revolutionary. No high achiever would give themself an "A" for an abject failure because just being in the game is success. Its the wrong mindset.

dr.hee
09-18-2014, 10:52 AM
Meh. We aren't that far off after all. But this bolded part is where I would part ways. High achievers strive for enormous leaps. High achievers are disappointed with success; they want to be revolutionary. No high achiever would give themself an "A" for an abject failure because just being in the game is success. Its the wrong mindset.

How so? Rose is known to have very good work ethic, and considering his injury history he's making great progress. We're talking about a world class level athlete here...so at some point, this whole mindset thing just sounds like pedestrian self-affirmative motivational talk for average Joes getting themselves fired up in front of their bathroom mirrors.

HurricaneKid
09-18-2014, 10:53 AM
FTR, the ACL in 2012 sucks. It takes time and he has never really come back from that. But a small meniscus tear that was completely fixed is a NOTHING injury. It takes a little while to heal but as long as there are no setbacks from teh surgery (like Westbrook has last year), it will not affect him AT ALL (outside of possibly having a mental affect).

Physically he is very close to the best he will ever be right now. His ACL should be fully healed and his meniscus is all but a memory. Maybe he just needs to knock the rust off. But IMO he doesn't look like the same guy. He used to be fearless going to the basket. It looks like he doesn't trust contact and doesn't attack in the same fashion he used to. Yet? We'll see.

ArbitraryWater
09-18-2014, 10:58 AM
You know you're shit when people have been saying "He will prove doubters wrong" for 3 years straight

HurricaneKid
09-18-2014, 11:00 AM
How so? Rose is known to have very good work ethic, and considering his injury history he's making great progress. We're talking about a world class level athlete here...so at some point, this whole mindset thing just sounds like pedestrian self-affirmative motivational talk for average Joes getting themselves fired up in front of their bathroom mirrors.

As my above post outlined I think he is in peak physical shape or will be as soon as he gets some minutes in. So we aren't talking about his physical approach or work ethic. We are talking about his mindset. His primary skill wasn't in shooting. It wasn't in his defense. It was in breaking down the defense and getting to the rack. And he isn't doing that with the same urgency as he used to. So know we are left to wonder if he is mentally prepared to play the same game he used to. And when he says he thinks his play was an "A" is denotes, in my mind, a lack of confidence.

Now Rose hasn't exactly been a poet in explaining his positions on things in the past and I generally don't care about plattitudes like these. However, given that the bulk of his limitations now are mental, these comments really strike the wrong chord with me.

dr.hee
09-18-2014, 11:09 AM
As my above post outlined I think he is in peak physical shape or will be as soon as he gets some minutes in. So we aren't talking about his physical approach or work ethic. We are talking about his mindset. His primary skill wasn't in shooting. It wasn't in his defense. It was in breaking down the defense and getting to the rack. And he isn't doing that with the same urgency as he used to. So know we are left to wonder if he is mentally prepared to play the same game he used to. And when he says he thinks his play was an "A" is denotes, in my mind, a lack of confidence.

Now Rose hasn't exactly been a poet in explaining his positions on things in the past and I generally don't care about plattitudes like these. However, given that the bulk of his limitations now are mental, these comments really strike the wrong chord with me.

Fair enough :cheers:

Guess we're all just some random dudes interpreting sentences without actually knowing the reality behind them.

ballinhun8
09-18-2014, 11:11 AM
You know you're shit when people have been saying "He will prove doubters wrong" for 3 years straight

This makes no sense at all?

He's only played 10 games in two years? So why say he's "sh*t" when YOU KNOW he's been injured. Not "sh*t".

HurricaneKid
09-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Fair enough :cheers:

Guess we're all just some random dudes interpreting sentences without actually knowing the reality behind them.

Well that pretty much goes without saying

TheTruth11
09-18-2014, 12:36 PM

Post of the muthaf*ckin month right here. Loved it! Too smart the game... too smart for the ISH. Big ups right here:applause:

TheTruth11
09-18-2014, 12:44 PM

Another great post. Dr.Hee was right... Pointguard you are too smart for the average ISH poster. Putting that work in my brother... good stuff. :applause:

beastee
09-18-2014, 01:05 PM
Short article.

So clever. Really amazed at your deep insights. Tell me more. Actually, nope, just wait for the backlash when one of the three in Cleveland goes down to injury and the excuses start piling up.

Pointguard
09-18-2014, 01:10 PM
I think this is where you are a bit lost. High achievers are not high all the time - they pick their spots. I'm raising one which is why I prefer the terminology. If they have a set back they rearrange everything and set up a different standard and move toward their goal on their own accord. They're rooted in reality. If the system breaks down, they don't think they own the world right away. People might say it looks ugly but they find gold in what's happening. Its their ugly. They go back to the basics get their pieces together and rebuild. It is whatever it is and whatever it might be, we see it one way, and they another. If anything they don't have the same logic as most folks do, else more people would be high achievers.

From a perspective standpoint who knows how reporters are approaching Rose. Sometimes when people are negative around you, you give them a perspective that guides them back into your world where you spin the world into your favor. Rose has always been this way. That whole MVP question... "well why can't I be MVP?" He knows he has haters/doubters, the option of listening to people who are constantly trying to make less of him is a joke. His word is scrutinized moreso than any other athlete in these circles. His words are the drool of haters much more than any other player. I too would redirect energy like he does.

Instead of the questions (and energy) being of a slick condescending tone, they are not part of his building block. He's playing a folk game of wits. And building with the useless energy others want to throw at him.

Budadiiii
09-18-2014, 01:15 PM
Pointguard with more of the same idiotic crap.

D-Rose is where he is because of athleticism and talent, not because he's some high achiever with insane discipline and understanding of what it takes to be the best.

And using your logic, I guess Coach Pop or Coach K can't give him pointers because they don't know what's it like to be at the top as a basketball player. They never were CLOSE to being on D-Roses level as a player right?

What childish logic from you. It's basketball, not rocket science. Even retards like Derrick Rose can make it to the top because it's a ****ing athletic GAME. You run, jump, dribble, score. Even retards like Derrick Rose can excel at that. Does not mean he is free from criticism when he obviously doesn't know what it takes to MAINTAIN success once his athleticism fades.

You guys give this idiot way too much credit for being able to put a ball into a hoop. Guy couldn't pass high school without cheating and we're gonna trust him to know what standards it takes to be the best. RIGHT.....

Pointguard
09-18-2014, 01:30 PM

Most of this is your guesswork and you haven't been reading the articles. Rose wasn't given the greenlight until the second to last game when he scored 12 points. And he was on the team for defense. So obviously his mental approach is different, there is no wondering... it is different. And this is why your other premises are basically wrong.

I don't know why its the style to say I'm not a hater when you know good well you are a hater. I know you. Its what you do. You have been cordial here so we will work with that. You are trying to say "mental" stuff, because its what you try to do all the time. Usually you break down pretty quickly but I'm impressed. But you didn't fool anybody.

Gotterdammerung
09-18-2014, 01:35 PM
Indeed, pointguard is right. Saw this on social media just now:

An arrow can only be shot by pulling
it backwards. When life is dragging
you back with difficulties, it means it's
going to launch you into something
great. So just focus and keep aiming.

:cheers:

HurricaneKid
09-18-2014, 02:05 PM
Most of this is your guesswork and you haven't been reading the articles. Rose wasn't given the greenlight until the second to last game

This is absurd. What do you mean he didn't have the green light? He shot more times/min than Steph Curry, Harden or Kyrie. And he did so shooting .200TS% worse than any other player on the team. Just because someone makes an excuse for him doesn't make something so.

And he was on the team for defense.

Then he should never have been on the team.

I don't know why its the style to say I'm not a hater when you know good well you are a hater. I know you. Its what you do. You have been cordial here so we will work with that. You are trying to say "mental" stuff, because its what you try to do all the time. Usually you break down pretty quickly but I'm impressed. But you didn't fool anybody.

I don't even know what this means. Am I reaching to figure out how a player who has regained his athleticism went from an elite NBA 1st option on a 1 seed team to a guy who was gobbled up by DLeague talent? Sure. It doesn't change the fact that he was. I'm not even offended that he was. I just think he was out of line to suggest that he played as well as he would have liked. If anything I am trying to find a suitable rationale for him rather than say they guy is done.

Dengness9
09-18-2014, 04:23 PM
I only say it when it's true.

Hurricane Kid is mad.

Putting an awful lot of time and stock into the FIBA tourney.

This boy acting like Rose has already failed in the actual NBA season.

I'll hold judgement til then.

Remember when Rose averaged 7 ppg in the 2010 fiba cup and then he won MVP?

Your vehicle must have no brakes. Ease up on the gas, you are only stressing yourself out.

Pointguard
09-18-2014, 05:25 PM
This is absurd. What do you mean he didn't have the green light? He shot more times/min than Steph Curry, Harden or Kyrie. And he did so shooting .200TS% worse than any other player on the team. Just because someone makes an excuse for him doesn't make something so.

Like I said you weren't reading the articles. And it was just a matter of time before your hate consumed you.
http://www.suntimes.com/29788090-579/derrick-rose-leads-team-usa-to-world-cup-semis-vs-lithuania.html#.VBtITpRdUrs

Then he should never have been on the team.

You are the guy who argued me down that CJ Watson was a better defender like a week after Rose held Wade down as good as any one defender ever held a healthy Wade down. And after Rose shut down the elite at his position for the entire year. You are just not qualified to participate in that discussion.

I don't even know what this means. Am I reaching to figure out how a player who has regained his athleticism went from an elite NBA 1st option on a 1 seed team to a guy who was gobbled up by DLeague talent? Sure. It doesn't change the fact that he was. I'm not even offended that he was. I just think he was out of line to suggest that he played as well as he would have liked. If anything I am trying to find a suitable rationale for him rather than say they guy is done.
If you weren't such a hater it would be simple. He had adjustment problems. He wasn't himself but you want to make it into something else. You, don't play for awhile, your legs give way you get rusty. You are trying to make it more than that.

Pointguard
09-18-2014, 05:29 PM
Indeed, pointguard is right. Saw this on social media just now:

An arrow can only be shot by pulling
it backwards. When life is dragging
you back with difficulties, it means it's
going to launch you into something
great. So just focus and keep aiming.

:cheers:
:cheers: What do we owe for this rare visit?

JtotheIzzo
09-18-2014, 10:42 PM
No city's denizens sucks each other's dlck more than Chicago.

poido123
09-18-2014, 11:17 PM
I only say it when it's true.

Hurricane Kid is mad.

Putting an awful lot of time and stock into the FIBA tourney.

This boy acting like Rose has already failed in the actual NBA season.

I'll hold judgement til then.

Remember when Rose averaged 7 ppg in the 2010 fiba cup and then he won MVP?

Your vehicle must have no brakes. Ease up on the gas, you are only stressing yourself out.

:oldlol: