PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Hollins Has Signed With

qrich
09-17-2014, 10:03 PM
The Sacramento Kings!!!!

Congrats NoCal! You get a guy that'll foul out every 10 minutes!

andremiller07
09-17-2014, 10:46 PM
The amount of pointless signings in the last 3 years has been staggering. It just does not stop:facepalm

SpecialQue
09-17-2014, 11:14 PM
Game changer. The Kings about about to return to their former glory. :bowdown:

JohnFreeman
09-17-2014, 11:24 PM
ergh

andremiller07
09-17-2014, 11:50 PM
Its' a double blow to the Kings not only he if awful but most the time he kept us in games against the Clippers as well:facepalm

hawkfan
09-18-2014, 12:40 AM
Sacramento has a hard time getting free agents.
Should have looked to trade for Joel Anthony for shot blocking.

gts
09-18-2014, 12:42 AM
What are the terms of the contract? one year deal or? guranteed or one of those training camp non guaranteed deals

MiseryCityTexas
09-18-2014, 01:40 AM
The Sacramento Kings!!!!

Congrats NoCal! You get a guy that'll foul out every 10 minutes!

6 fouls. maybe a block shot, and maybe one highlight dunk.

poido123
09-18-2014, 01:49 AM
Kings need success to attract the good players. They need to get lucky on a rondo or something. Picking up consolation prizes like gay are just quick fixes.

I genuinely hope they can work it out. Who's the gm?

JohnFreeman
09-18-2014, 01:50 AM
Kings need success to attract the good players. They need to get lucky on a rondo or something. Picking up consolation prizes like gay are just quick fixes.

I genuinely hope they can work it out. Who's the gm?
Pete D'Alessandro

poido123
09-18-2014, 01:54 AM
Pete D'Alessandro

What has he done? Has he made any significant trades back with the nuggets or warriors or the current team to suggest that he can turn it around?

I don't know much about him, just trying to understand the kings long period of hibernation.

andremiller07
09-18-2014, 01:58 AM
What has he done? Has he made any significant trades back with the nuggets or warriors or the current team to suggest that he can turn it around?

I don't know much about him, just trying to understand the kings long period of hibernation.
Aside from trading for Derrick Williams for LRMAM which he completely ****ed up by trading for Gay and getting Reggie Evans every other signing/trade has been awful.

Signing Landry to a 24 million + deal over 4 years when we didn't need him was a disaster. That for me set off the warning bells like the signing was that stupid at the time I even made a thread questioning it.

We could have had Robin Lopez in the Tyreke Evans deal as well which really hurt since we have been searching for a player like him for the last 5 years.

poido123
09-18-2014, 02:03 AM
Aside from trading for Derrick Williams for LRMAM which he completely ****ed up by trading for Gay and getting Reggie Evans every other signing/trade has been awful.

Signing Landry to a 24 million + deal over 4 years when we didn't need him was a disaster. That for me set off the warning bells like the signing was that stupid at the time I even made a thread questioning it.

We could have had Robin Lopez in the Tyreke Evans deal as well which really hurt since we have been searching for a player like him for the last 5 years.

Maaan.

Need to round up the kings fans at games and hold up "fire the GM" posters :(

That would piss me off as a fan if my team management kept f.cking up like that.

JohnFreeman
09-18-2014, 02:20 AM
I still am shocked from Tyreke being traded.

rhowen4
09-18-2014, 02:31 AM
YES!!!! We had dinner with his family and friends a couple months ago. Nice guy, happy for him.

poido123
09-18-2014, 05:26 AM
I still am shocked from Tyreke being traded.

What what the reasoning?

Seems like the kings like to accumulate players that needs the ball in their hands to be effective. Gay, cousins, Thomas(when he was there), tyreke(when he was there), thornton(when he was there), Williams all need the rock.

A guy like rondo at point can sort some of this imbalance out. They need an organiser on this team, a guy who plays defense, a leader and a selfless passer.

JohnFreeman
09-18-2014, 05:48 AM
What what the reasoning?

Seems like the kings like to accumulate players that needs the ball in their hands to be effective. Gay, cousins, Thomas(when he was there), tyreke(when he was there), thornton(when he was there), Williams all need the rock.

A guy like rondo at point can sort some of this imbalance out. They need an organiser on this team, a guy who plays defense, a leader and a selfless passer.
They had to decide whether to build around Reke or Cousins, and they made the right choice. I still would have kept Evans though.

andremiller07
09-18-2014, 06:02 AM
What what the reasoning?

Williams doesn't need the rock but he needs to be involved (passes for easy 2's( , like he plays well without the ball of cuts, his issue is when he comes off the bench/knows he won't be playing much he plays like the biggest puss, but when he's on he's a beast. It's a shame the Gay trade went down I would have liked to see what he could have done cause he got on role when he got traded he was actually impacting the games and had great chemistry with Mclemore and Cousins, but that all went to shit.

The Kings biggest mistake looking back at it was allowing Thomas to be the starting PG which in turn hampered the progress of Evans and never allowed Evans and Cousins to develop a two man game.

JohnFreeman
09-18-2014, 06:03 AM
Williams doesn't need the rock but he needs to be involved (passes for easy 2's( , like he plays well without the ball of cuts, his issue is when he comes off the bench/knows he won't be playing much he plays like the biggest puss, but when he's on he's a beast. It's a shame the Gay trade went down I would have liked to see what he could have done cause he got on role when he got traded he was actually impacting the games and had great chemistry with Mclemore and Cousins, but that all went to shit.

The Kings biggest mistake looking back at it was allowing Thomas to be the starting PG which in turn hampered the progress of Evans and never allowed Evans and Cousins to develop a two man game.
I screamed for us to start Evans at PG.

poido123
09-18-2014, 06:22 AM
I screamed for us to start Evans at PG.

Yep.

I can see why...reke would be good as a PG. Would need some shooting support around him though, he's not a great shooter but an elite finisher.

poido123
09-18-2014, 06:25 AM

Williams is a strange one. I honestly believe he's just one of those players that will never get it. He's good for the odd great game, but just too inconsistent. Gay negates any effectiveness Williams might have when on the court together.

Still, you guys need more selfless players. Guys who are willing to play their role around high volume scorers.

JohnFreeman
09-18-2014, 07:08 AM
Williams is a strange one. I honestly believe he's just one of those players that will never get it. He's good for the odd great game, but just too inconsistent. Gay negates any effectiveness Williams might have when on the court together.

Still, you guys need more selfless players. Guys who are willing to play their role around high volume scorers.
Williams could have been better if Adelman took some time with him in Minnesota. If you can get him open dunks/lobs he is lethal. Bit like Griffin at the SF spot.

poido123
09-18-2014, 07:36 AM
Williams could have been better if Adelman took some time with him in Minnesota. If you can get him open dunks/lobs he is lethal. Bit like Griffin at the SF spot.

Williams would work great off rondo lobs and getting into spots where he can score. That's why I think a guy like rondo would be great for this team. Less gay Iso ball and more rondo directing things.

All Net
09-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Well he still follows me on twitter.

qrich
09-19-2014, 02:34 AM
Hollins is a good guy, and one that gives genuine effort. Has good intelligence of the game. Athleticism is obviously there. Great motor.

But he just sucks.

AnaheimLakers24
09-19-2014, 02:54 AM
sucks there isnt kings fan on this board. wonder what they think