with no gasol. kobe will chuck away. efficient or not

whether it be on 45% or 40% or even 38%

kobe will average 25-26ppg

after this season. he's guaranteed to have around 33,400 points

now.. theres 2 options.

a) lakers sign a great free agent and kobe contends

or

b) the lakers sign nobody. and kobe gets up to 35,200 points

then.. at age 37... again. the lakers will attempt to get kobe help and offer kobe a new lower contract

and either

a) lakers get help. kobe wants to come back for a few more years to try at another ring

or

b) lakers get no help. and have a last ditch effort.......offer kobe another full 25+ mill contract as another thankyou for his career and to keep fans in the seats

now... how on earth. with 5 rings. and a chance to get 6 would kobe retire?

no chance

and... how on earth. only needing a few thousand points to catch kareem. and getting paid 25 mill to go for it. would kobe bryant choose to retire?

no chance

kennethgriffin
09-17-2014, 11:02 PM
its basically...

a) get rings

or

b) get points and a dumptruck full of cash

Fire Colangelo
09-17-2014, 11:03 PM
There's also a chance Kobe gets injured.... like MJ did when he was on the Wizards that forced him to retire.

kennethgriffin
09-17-2014, 11:07 PM
Idk if Kobe can last an entire season tbh.. I'll be impressed if he's still playing by All-Star break.

the chances of an achilles injury to the same leg after over a year of healing is slim to none

a broken bone only makes your leg stronger after it heals

2 freak accidents. i doubt kobes unlucky enough to have more like it. age has more to do with muscle injuries and tendons. kobes played with those many times before. those are more pain issues. and kobe blocks them out. he'l play atleast 75 games this year

GrapeApe
09-17-2014, 11:14 PM
Personally I think he'd rather walk away from the game than hang on as a shell of a player, regardless of the circumstances. I think he'd rather go out on his own terms.

Fudge
09-17-2014, 11:14 PM
laughing at kobe rape jokes? jesus... you must be able to still watch terminator 2 and get excited

i envy you
I honestly don't think I've seen one Terminator movie. I don't get the reference.

And... I was actually laughing at the last line.

Awkward.

kennethgriffin
09-17-2014, 11:21 PM
Personally I think he'd rather walk away from the game than hang on as a shell of a player, regardless of the circumstances. I think he'd rather go out on his own terms.

with the way the rules are today. especially favoring guards.

kobe pretty much only needs footwork and the first step to get by people even at half speed

which is why many guys careers have been extended.

gotta factor in what kobes up against. and his style of play. i dont see him ever slipping that far from greatness unless hes so hurt that he cant even step foot on the court

stalkerforlife
09-17-2014, 11:22 PM
Let's just hope he can stay healthy for THIS season.

OP is my boy, but he be on some shiznit.

ZeN
09-17-2014, 11:27 PM
Kobe does need cash for when that divorce happens after his career is over. That's why he needed that big contract... Cause Vanessa gotta get paid. She's waiting till he's done so she can get paid extra, thats why they postponed the divorce. He negotiated for extra daughter time in the meantime...

stalkerforlife
09-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Kobe does need cash for when that divorce happens after his career is over. That's why he needed that big contract... Cause Vanessa gotta get paid. She's waiting till he's done so she can get paid extra, thats why they postponed the divorce. He negotiated for extra daughter time in the meantime...

You TMZ ass nicca, shut yo mouf.

kennethgriffin
09-17-2014, 11:33 PM

you think she's gonna divorce her meal ticket for a few hundred million?

kobes going into the business market when hes done. sports drinks, clothing, investing...

i see him going down the path of a magic johnson. taking a controling interest in some business or franchise with other investors.

thats gonna run him billions by the time hes 50 years old

and by then vanessa will have run through that 2-300 mill on expensive homes/cars and jewelry.

then what? shes broke and her kids are grown up.

if shes smart. she'l stick with it

and imagine him on tnt accross from shaq. that would be gold right there

thats another 20 mill a year

dazzer87
09-18-2014, 12:59 AM
kobes going into the business market when hes done. sports drinks, clothing, investing...

i see him going down the path of a magic johnson. taking a controling interest in some business or franchise with other investors.

I could see him putting his money into this business when he retire.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2007/0723/20070723_111816_6A_evidence_graphic.jpg

JT123
09-18-2014, 01:01 AM
the chances of an achilles injury to the same leg after over a year of healing is slim to none

a broken bone only makes your leg stronger after it heals

2 freak accidents. i doubt kobes unlucky enough to have more like it. age has more to do with muscle injuries and tendons. kobes played with those many times before. those are more pain issues. and kobe blocks them out. he'l play atleast 75 games this year
Come on man. Everyone knows players become more injury prone as they get older.

JT123
09-18-2014, 01:05 AM
you think she's gonna divorce her meal ticket for a few hundred million?

and by then vanessa will have run through that 2-300 mill on expensive homes/cars and jewelry.

then what? shes broke and her kids are grown up.

if shes smart. she'l stick with it

and imagine him on tnt accross from shaq. that would be gold right there

thats another 20 mill a year
So you admit she's only with Kobe for his money? :lol
Kobe should have taken the Lebron route and married a woman who was truly down for him. Bron's wife might not be as good looking, but in the long term looks are overrated.

yungtyrekeevans
09-18-2014, 09:57 AM
aint nobody called out op on the stupidity of the title? shit aint even make sense.

Wally450
09-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Isn't Kenny the same guy to predict the Lakers to win like 67 games two years ago?

Eric Cartman
09-18-2014, 11:50 AM
Kenneth is like the third biggest reason I hate Canadians.

G0ATbe
09-18-2014, 11:51 AM
Agreed:applause: .

bizil
09-18-2014, 12:39 PM
If Mamba can stay healthy, I think he will play until 40. I say he gives the Lakers two years to see what they can do. If he feel the Lakers can't contend for a title, I think he will go to the Knicks to link up with Melo, Fisher, and Phil to finish his career.

SwayDizzle
09-18-2014, 12:55 PM
If Mamba can stay healthy, I think he will play until 40. I say he gives the Lakers two years to see what they can do. If he feel the Lakers can't contend for a title, I think he will go to the Knicks to link up with Melo, Fisher, and Phil to finish his career.
No man. Kobe will never play for another team other than the Lakers. He will retire in two years.

laalaa
09-19-2014, 12:01 PM
He is a certified bomb. 25ppg atleast.